SSR Sales Support Representative questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Deff Va in Houston, Texas

25 months ago

I am applying for the Sales Support Representative position at AT&T. The HR manager asked if I would like to visit the store that I might be working at and spend a few hours learning what the job is like.

Has anyone worked in this position before and could you recommend several questions to ask the manager while I'm there? Thanks.

Another question: I had applied for this position in May and there was no response until 2 weeks ago. During this time I have applied for other positions including jobs that are within my college major.

In case I want to back out of AT&T, when is the best time to do so? How long will it take between the 2nd interview and AT&T retail training (which is fulltime for several weeks)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesus in Missouri City, Texas

25 months ago

Well I applied for that and got it, its pretty much you get pretty much the customers settled down to the appropriate people, and you'll usually be at the front , my questions were how's traffic like? What are the stores goal? How's does inventory work? Questions that make it seem you are really interested in the job. I come from a supervisor position so it's best to do so, and of course don't ask about pay and vacations and stuff like that. For this position you will usually get paid 10-15$ which is pretty good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Thanks Jesus,

I attended the RJP today and spoke with the manager & the sales support rep. They were interested in someone who could spend all of the time on the sales floor greeting customers, checking them in and being helpful with any requests.

I knew that I was being evaluated, and although I asked plenty of questions and got along well with the manager & SSR, I wish that I had been more energetic this morning. The "interview" consisted of 2 questions: why are you interested in AT&T and why should I hire you.

Observing the SSR at work several times gave me a decent idea of what to expect and he told me that the work wasn't difficult. He used an ipad to check in each customer and write down their purpose for being in the store, then one of the sales staff called a customer's name and proceeded to help the customer. The SSR straightened out product displays and immediately opened the door for customers.

The manager showed me how employees are evaluated by viewing survey results from customers. The surveys asked customers how they would rate their overall experience. Sales were important, but even more important was the customers' satisfaction. I was told that one time an entire staff was let go because they under-performed in quality of customer care.

Originally the application gave me the impression that I would balance my time between inventory management and customer service. In reality, it's quite different but it's okay with me. I hope that I was gregarious and energetic enough to pass their evaluation of me!

Jesus in Missouri City, Texas

25 months ago

Which store did you visit? Let's hope you get it! My interviewer was the GM and he talked about the benefits working for AT&T and just made it seem amazing.

25 months ago

It was a store in the Clearlake area and it seems promising that I will get it. I thanked the manager via email today and I will hear from him probably by the end of the month. The SSR rep. I talked to loves the job and told me about the decent benefits.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.