Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 65)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York

43 months ago

Anyone In New Jersey starting training on April 4th?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas

43 months ago

Is your training going to be in Tulsa, OK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

In Plano, TX I meant.

43 months ago

They didn't tell me where the training would be . I just know its April 4.. I'm in NJ would they send me all the way to Texas?

43 months ago

Well, when my HR rep offered me the job she told me I'd start training April 18th in Tulsa, OK but if my bg and everything clears quickly she's going to send me to the April 4th one in Plano, TX. I'm not sure if it'd be the same everywhere or maybe there might be one near you on April 4th. I'm not quite sure. You could probably call your HR rep and find out.

Boston Bred NYC Living in New York, New York

43 months ago

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York said: Anyone In New Jersey starting training on April 4th?

Im in NYC and start April 4th, I was told my training would be in Morristown,NJ or upstate NY.

43 months ago

Thats what I was told during the interview also but now he's saying out of state.. well it looks like we'll be in the same class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Boston Bred NYC Living in New York, New York

43 months ago

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York said: Thats what I was told during the interview also but now he's saying out of state.. well it looks like we'll be in the same class.

Its looks that way. I got told this week I passed everything and that an on boarding person will contact me the week before my start date with training. Who did you speak to about training? A-lot of people said the background check took long but mines only took a week. I have been interviewing since Feb and the process of interviewing with diff managers took a long time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

My background check went extremely fast. I haven't heard anything else about training since my interview. I interviewed with two managers at one time and got hired. I start work before I go to training. You probably have to contact HR about training details.

43 months ago

@JerseyGirl:

Where out of state is he wanting to send you?

JerseyJazzy in Maplewood, New Jersey

43 months ago

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas said: @JerseyGirl:

Where out of state is he wanting to send you?

He's been saying something about Texas.. but I really hope not

43 months ago

JerseyJazzy in Maplewood, New Jersey said: He's been saying something about Texas.. but I really hope not

Plano, TX. It's up in Northern Texas I believe. I'm from south tx so Idk exactly where Plano is. But my hr rep told me that locations could change at any time too.

LovelyLia in Jackson, Missouri

42 months ago

I came across this forum and I'll be going to Plano,TX for training as well! Plano seems like a nice place. Although I hate going anywhere by myself, I think it'll be nice to get away and explare a new place a bit. Anywho, has anyone received an further details yet? I was just wondering.

42 months ago

Yeah I hate going by myself too, but in my case Plano is only 5-6 hrs away from home.

Boston Bred NYC Living in Fort Washington, Maryland

42 months ago

I found out my training will be in brooklyn on 4-4-11

JerseyJazzy in Maplewood, New Jersey

42 months ago

Boston Bred NYC Living in Fort Washington, Maryland said: I found out my training will be in brooklyn on 4-4-11

See you there! We will be in the same class

Bobbi in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

42 months ago

Anyone have any info on the april 18th training? Have not been told yet where it is going to be.

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina

42 months ago

I just got hired..waiting on my offer letter, wondering how long the whole process will take...

42 months ago

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: I just got hired..waiting on my offer letter, wondering how long the whole process will take...

What position did you get hired for? I was offered the Retail Sales Consultant job and I got the offer letter and instructions for the background check the same day via email and then the process was about a week for the background and drug test to be completed and officially be offered the job.

42 months ago

I was offered the Retail Sales Consultant job as well. I was thinking since it is Friday I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday or Wednesday. I was just curious about the whole process because I do currently work and am not sure what type of notice I should put in, i'm thinking i'll wait until I have more information though.

42 months ago

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: I was offered the Retail Sales Consultant job as well. I was thinking since it is Friday I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday or Wednesday. I was just curious about the whole process because I do currently work and am not sure what type of notice I should put in, i'm thinking i'll wait until I have more information though.

I didn't put my notice in until everything came back OK and they officially offered me the job and it only took a week for that to happen.

Florida Girl in Deerfield Beach, Florida

42 months ago

@ amber

I would not put my notice in until you have the job. I would say give it a week or so and you should hear something.

Florida Girl in Deerfield Beach, Florida

42 months ago

@ Bobbi

Have you heard anything about where they are sending you for training yet?

42 months ago

@ Florida Girl- i'm actually from wpb small world..yeah I got the job on Friday so I should be hearing from the HR dept hopefully tomorrow about my offer letter etc..

@Bobbi- not yet I have to get my offer letter which will prob be this week then i'll get all the info

I did check the status and the position already says filled which is obviously by me and my friend works at the store and he said the hiring manager loved me so thats a good thing :)

Grainger in Syosset, New York

42 months ago

Has anyone been to training lately? If so when do you get your company phone and what phone have they been giving out recently? This is my second week of training

42 months ago

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: @ Florida Girl- i'm actually from wpb small world..yeah I got the job on Friday so I should be hearing from the HR dept hopefully tomorrow about my offer letter etc..

@Bobbi- not yet I have to get my offer letter which will prob be this week then i'll get all the info

I did check the status and the position already says filled which is obviously by me and my friend works at the store and he said the hiring manager loved me so thats a good thing :)

Congrats! Well let me know when you'll be going to training, maybe we'll be going together.

42 months ago

No, nothing yet. The HR gal said I would hear about a week before I go and I texted my soon to be manager at the store i'll be at and she said she usually doesn't get any info until the Thursday before I go, all I know is my travel date is scheduled for April 17th and i'm set for the April 18th class. I hate waiting.

Amber

42 months ago

I'll deft let you know but I doubt mine will be the 18th only because I still have to go through the background test and drug test yet so I'm hoping HR calls me tomorrow so I can get this done asap I'm ready to go!!

42 months ago

Amber said: I'll deft let you know but I doubt mine will be the 18th only because I still have to go through the background test and drug test yet so I'm hoping HR calls me tomorrow so I can get this done asap I'm ready to go!!

Yeah I guess the 18th is only one week away.. well if by some miracle you get set up for then, let me know.. good luck

Amber

42 months ago

I'll keep you posted! When did you get hired? Just trying to look at the time line to see from when you got hired until when you start is like when you got your offer letter before the background check and stuff. Just trying to see what I'm looking at 2-3 weeks a month?

42 months ago

I was offered the job on Friday March 18th and it took exactly one week for the background/drug screen to be completed, obviously everything was real easy for them to verify and background/drug screen came back good. I got a call from HR on Friday March 25th officially offering me the job and letting me know they had everything back and HR wanted to schedule me for the April 4th training class but I had to give my employer 2 week notice and told HR that class was too soon for me and she said that I would be set up for the April 18th class and would hear something from my store manager about a week before I go but haven't heard anything yet and doesn't sound like I will know anything until later this week... From reading on here some people have had to wait alot longer than what I had to but I also was recruited by the store manager and that seems to have made quite a differnece from the time I had my interviews to the time I was officially offered the job.

Amber

42 months ago

Okay that sounds good I hope mine goes as smoothly there's no reason why it shouldn't. I actually had my interview with the area manager and the store manager and was hired on the spot so mine was just one interview so that deft helps the process I'm sure. Hopefully I will hear from HR tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Not sure if they'd have one on the 24th since the 23rd is Easter. I know the store needs help so just crossing my fingers. Keep me updated about where yours will be and what hotel they are putting you in. I was a supervisor for AT&T device support center so I have a lot of knowledge already :)

42 months ago

I will definitely keep you updated and good luck, hopefully you hear from them soon.

42 months ago

Okay heard from HR today got my offer letter filled out the information for my background check, waiting on email for drug screening. My HR told me my scheduled training is for May 2nd and would be held in Birmingham, AL. My HR seems pretty informative so i'm very glad for that!

42 months ago

I'm glad to hear you got alot of your info today and glad to hear that you at least know where you will be going.. unlike my HR person I spoke too didn't seem to know or want to tell me where they would be sending me.

Amber

42 months ago

Yea I'm glad my HR seems informative I keep looking at my status on hireright to see if it's updated so far 55% and I did my drug test today. I'm just impatient and want things to go quickly and smoothly :) let me know when you find anything out about your training we need to keep eachorher updated!! :)

42 months ago

I did get an email today from the training gal. It was an email stating the training schedule, times & location. So i'm going to Overland Park, KS. As far as travel information and where i'll be staying I don't know that yet, the email stated I would be contacted by my Manager with all of my travel info, all I know so far is I have to be there at 8:30 Monday morning. At least I know where i'm going!

Florida Girl in Clermont, Florida

42 months ago

Bobbi in Sioux Falls, South Dakota said: I did get an email today from the training gal. It was an email stating the training schedule, times & location. So i'm going to Overland Park, KS. As far as travel information and where i'll be staying I don't know that yet, the email stated I would be contacted by my Manager with all of my travel info, all I know so far is I have to be there at 8:30 Monday morning. At least I know where i'm going!

awsome bobbi at least you finally found out where you were going.

42 months ago

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: @ Florida Girl- i'm actually from wpb small world..yeah I got the job on Friday so I should be hearing from the HR dept hopefully tomorrow about my offer letter etc..

@ amber

good luck hope everything works out for you. I just moved to florida 3 months ago . I love the wpb area . I was just done there this weekend visiting some friends.

42 months ago

amber in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: Okay heard from HR today got my offer letter filled out the information for my background check, waiting on email for drug screening. My HR told me my scheduled training is for May 2nd and would be held in Birmingham, AL. My HR seems pretty informative so i'm very glad for that!

Congrats on getting the job :)

Amber

42 months ago

Thank you although I'm very impatient I just checked my status again on hireright and it now says 75% which is good I like that it's moving quickly as verifying all my stuff should be very easy. I know they have yet to contact at least one of my previous employers because he is one of my bestfriends and we keep in contact so hoping they will finish it tomorrow... Thinking positive :)

Bobbi I'm glad you found out where your going that's a relief let me know when you find out the rest of the info as I'm anxious and curious!

tc687 in Stockton, California

42 months ago

has anyone gone through the training process that had to commute? I was wondering if they pay a mileage fee or reimburse you for gas. also, i was also wondering if the commuters still get the prepaid visa for a food allowance. I live about one hour away from my training location and just thinking about how much its going to cost me to fill up my car that much is killing me.

42 months ago

Hello tc687 I am currently in training in training in Birmingham AL and I'm from Atlana Ga which is probably a 2 hour drive but surprisely AT&T flew me from Atlanta so I'm not sure how they will handle your situation but I just thought I share my experience to give you a possible idea.

tc687 in Stockton, California said: has anyone gone through the training process that had to commute? I was wondering if they pay a mileage fee or reimburse you for gas. also, i was also wondering if the commuters still get the prepaid visa for a food allowance. I live about one hour away from my training location and just thinking about how much its going to cost me to fill up my car that much is killing me.

42 months ago

And I dont know why its showing that I'm located in New York my phone is crazy lol

Amber

42 months ago

Grainger in Syosset, New York said: Hello tc687 I am currently in training in training in Birmingham AL and I'm from Atlana Ga which is probably a 2 hour drive but surprisely AT&T flew me from Atlanta so I'm not sure how they will handle your situation but I just thought I share my experience to give you a possible idea.

I'm also going to training in Birmingham, AL what hotel did they put you in? How do you like it I'm sure everyone would appreciate your insight :)
I'm excited to start May 2, my background check is at 100% today so hoping to get a phone call with more info soon!

42 months ago

Hello Amber
Congrats on getting the job! They put you the Hampton Inn and if its not enough open rooms they may put you in the Hilton across the street I had classmates in both hotels.Training here in Birmingham has been a great experience my instructors made it very memorable and exciting there are about 10 people in the class and throughout the training you are in groups so most of the classroom work will be with your group. Lots of hands on activities, role playing, presentations and online web courses everything you need to know you will learn which makes the experience so much helpful. :-)

Amber

42 months ago

Thank you! Thanks for your insight as well it's very helpfull. How far is the training site from the hotel and how do they get us there? I was a supervisor at AT&Ts device support center so I'm familiar with a lot of the stuff they will probably be training on. Needless to say I'm excited to get started and meet some new people. What week of training are you in?

42 months ago

Your welcome! The training facility is 5 mins away from the hotel. You can actually walk there if u desire but the hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up everyday. This is my last week and tomorrow is my last day.

42 months ago

Thats good to know i'm glad there is a shuttle because I wasn't sure about the transportation. What is the dress code like?

Christina12 in Bakersfield, California

41 months ago

tc687 in Stockton, California said: has anyone gone through the training process that had to commute? I was wondering if they pay a mileage fee or reimburse you for gas. also, i was also wondering if the commuters still get the prepaid visa for a food allowance. I live about one hour away from my training location and just thinking about how much its going to cost me to fill up my car that much is killing me.

Do you know where you will be training? I am coming from Bakersfield to Cerritos.. It's 4 hours for me.. and as far as I understand, we get a debitcard for the meals and mileage is reimbursed but not at $4 a gal...sorry

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.