Trying to get hired at AT&T.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

recentcollegegrad in Moseley, Virginia

13 months ago

I have an extensive job history. Its not that I don't have the ability to stick with a job( I stayed at McDonalds for 2 years), its just bad luck in finding jobs that will support my bills. I'm a recent college grad, so student loans along with everything else is killing me right now. I don't know whether its best to list all of my jobs when I apply, as well as if I get to the HireRight stage, or if they're only going to verify what I put down. Unfortunately, in my experience, a lot of jobs don't take into the account the current state of the economy and just label you as a job hopper. I really need and want this job and its a job that I plan to stick with if I can get it. All these part-times aren't helping. Thanks. And yes, I've posted this topic before, but wanted to make sure someone saw it. I know done people search using key words in these forums. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Palmdale, California

13 months ago

recentcollegegrad in Moseley, Virginia said: I have an extensive job history. Its not that I don't have the ability to stick with a job( I stayed at McDonalds for 2 years), its just bad luck in finding jobs that will support my bills. I'm a recent college grad, so student loans along with everything else is killing me right now. I don't know whether its best to list all of my jobs when I apply, as well as if I get to the HireRight stage, or if they're only going to verify what I put down. Unfortunately, in my experience, a lot of jobs don't take into the account the current state of the economy and just label you as a job hopper. I really need and want this job and its a job that I plan to stick with if I can get it. All these part-times aren't helping. Thanks. And yes, I've posted this topic before, but wanted to make sure someone saw it. I know done people search using key words in these forums. Thanks again.

For the resume I wouldn't list EVERY job, especially if it was years ago. I did not list one on my résumé but as far as Hireright I did list it. They can find anything within the last 7-10 years so not listing it will cause a problem because they will find it. So list it all, because they will find it and want it verified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

What I have learned is that in hindsight, HireRight wasn't as thourough as I believed they would be. I didn't list EVERY job I had in the last seven years and they didn't "catch" it. They are mostly trying to catch violations of any kind that would go against the Code of Business Conduct for AT&T; either in real life or at a job. I work with people who claim to have violations that I thought would hinder them, but voila...they are employed.

jesus from Orlando Florida in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

Hi
I got to say that at&t hiring process is a full of bs.. I been through a rough process to work in a call center only I take the background check and the drug screen test and I waited 9 business day to then tell me they discrepancy in the dates and I got my copy and everything else is perfect!!! And now the hr rep tell me to send the w2 and pay stub again and give a valid explanation so I did I got nothing to hide but now I have to wait because they send my info to a background adjudication team. This is incredible you go through a long and rough process and this company call their self at&t o maybe they are the FBI or the secret services this is a waste of time and now you don't even know if you're are hire or not at&t a company that give opportunity yeahhhhh right...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

10 months ago

The HireRight process is very simple and quick. Reading this forum while I waited for mine, almost gave me a heart attack. I quickly realized that if you have nothing to hide, and are truthful and know your background, it's a breeze. Once again, for jobs they only go back 5 years, for criminal they go back 7. Even if you listed more jobs on your resume that went further than 5 years, the HireRight application only wants 5 years worth. AT&T is an amazing company to work for and it's not too much that they ask you pass a simple background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cody_kins in Clermont, Florida

10 months ago

So when att first reached out to me to offer me a position, I let the Staffing Contractor know that as Ive been waiting and anticipating a background check, I also got in touch with all of my old employers and got my exact dates of employment and I realized that some dates were wrong on my resume and on my profile on their job site. She said it was fine to update my resume online with the right dates and to update my online profile dates. I did that and deleted my old resumes with the wrong dates on it from my profile. HireRight said that they were able to verify all of my past employment and for me to get in touch with my recruiter now. Do you guys think everything will be ok

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.