How hard is meeting commission requirements

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Jose Canseco in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

When I was interviewing with my manager, he had an employee there with him.

He pointed out that the employee makes a lot of money in the month, even after working there for months and having the commission rate reduced.

I'm going to work my ass off trying to sell to people as ethically as I can, but I am wondering how hard it is to meet the minimum commission? The manager pointed out that he was making about $4000 a month, which is pretty good, but the day that I went, the store was pretty empty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Minnesota

18 months ago

Honestly it is easy to hit 100% for your goal but to exceed it by that much happens maybe 3 times a year. I work in a store as busy as any city

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I'm working at two stores, and one looked less busy than the other. Hopefully I'll permanently get the bigger store because it's in a busier district and when I went in there, there were tons of people.

Nycgirl1023 in Ny, New York

18 months ago

It's not hard to make 4k a month if you're hitting 100% on your goals. GA's, SP's, MPP, TRR, and APO is what you need to look at. My hourly pay alone is 2.5k a month, and that's excluding commission and OT. You will get a night differential pay if your store closes after 8pm and you get a 10% differential pay for working on a Sunday. If you're a new hire, you'll most likely be working nights and weekends.

I have been hitting around $1,200-$1,500 on commission and our store isn't a high volume store, but it's not going to be like that all the time. Some months can be slow, and some would be high. It fluctuates. My store is low in traffic, so we try to maximize when we can. Each RSC have to sell a minimum of 7 strategic products (tablets, mifi's, whps) So if you can do more, than good for you! If you can get a business lead, score for you!

Some people may think a busier store is more traffic, therefore making more money but if there's more RSC's, there's definitely more competition. A busier store tends to have a higher quota versus a smaller store, so there's always going to be pros and cons. Good luck!

18 months ago

I did some research and read someone was making so much while part time. I really hope that I'm that lucky.

Here's the thread if anyone's interested. Makes me more excited to work. I'm in it for the money!

niketalk.com/t/511124/at-t-wireless-retail-sales-job-anyone-have-any-advice-experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

attapplicant in Lafayette, Louisiana

17 months ago

I'm going to be honest with you, it's actually harder to NOT hit commission requirements than it is to hit them. This job is far from stressful, all it is is talking to people. You'll do fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RetiredAT&TSales in Scottsdale, Arizona

11 months ago

I love how all these people are acting like it's easy to hit all of your goals.

It was easy for me, but I saw a lot of people struggle to hit goals. Selling Wireless Home Phones and Tablet plans as well as Digital Life takes practice and you need to be pitching every single customer.

The truth is a lot of people are lazy and aren't willing to work hard. If you're a hard worker and know how to talk to people, you'll do ok. If you can do all of that, and know how to sell, you'll do well.

Just be prepared to have managers riding your back all month until you hit your goals.

I got tired of living at an AT&t retail store and moved on to make more money.

Slim in Maumee, Ohio

6 months ago

Nycgirl1023 in Ny, New York said: It's not hard to make 4k a month if you're hitting 100% on your goals. GA's, SP's, MPP, TRR, and APO is what you need to look at. My hourly pay alone is 2.5k a month, and that's excluding commission and OT. You will get a night differential pay if your store closes after 8pm and you get a 10% differential pay for working on a Sunday. If you're a new hire, you'll most likely be working nights and weekends.

I have been hitting around $1,200-$1,500 on commission and our store isn't a high volume store, but it's not going to be like that all the time. Some months can be slow, and some would be high. It fluctuates. My store is low in traffic, so we try to maximize when we can. Each RSC have to sell a minimum of 7 strategic products (tablets, mifi's, whps) So if you can do more, than good for you! If you can get a business lead, score for you!

Some people may think a busier store is more traffic, therefore making more money but if there's more RSC's, there's definitely more competition. A busier store tends to have a higher quota versus a smaller store, so there's always going to be pros and cons. Good luck!

If I make 2.2k monthly plus $1200 commission, after taxes how much could I expected to bring home

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.