Abbott Laboratories News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Abbott Laboratories stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Alpharetta, Georgia

88 months ago

They sold their diagnostics division to GE. I pitty all those Abbot Employees and customers. How long will it take for GE to screw this company up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie in Westerville, Ohio

87 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Abbott Laboratories stack up against the competition?

This position is located in Columbus, OH, which tells me it's Abbott's Ross Products divison. This is the division who makes Similac, Zone Perfect bars, Myoplex, Ensure, and other healthcare nutrition products. I'd say based on the product line, it'll be around for a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

Bonnie in Westerville, Ohio said: This position is located in Columbus, OH, which tells me it's Abbott's Ross Products divison. This is the division who makes Similac, Zone Perfect bars, Myoplex, Ensure, and other healthcare nutrition products. I'd say based on the product line, it'll be around for a while.

True - if only because food and drug manufacturing for the US market (and associated QA jobs) are basically required to remain in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

Joe in Alpharetta, Georgia said: They sold their diagnostics division to GE. I pitty all those Abbot Employees and customers. How long will it take for GE to screw this company up.

Actually that deal did not go through so that division is back to Abbott.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.