How to get a job at Accenture.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 64 of 64)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Liz Kline in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

I applied for an entry level position with Accenture last night and this morning was notified that I was selected for a first interview. No, I am not hispanic (so please save the ignorant assumptions) and no I did not go to an Ivy League school. I am very, very grateful for this opportunity and hope the first interview goes well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Liz Kline in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

By the way, the branch I was selected for is on the East Coast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tbs in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

I recently applied for entry level ABAP training program and haven't heard from them. I have some experience and was really hoping to get this job. Does anyone know of a way to contact the hiring manager or recruiters or someone who can help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ambika Rajagopalan in Stamford, Connecticut

45 months ago

I got selected in Accenture after undergoing 4 rounds of interview. But the HR is not giving me offer letter, I dont know why. Its been about 2.5 months and am still following up with HR and she says that she will let me know. She is neither rejecting me nor giving me the offer letter. There are openings coming for the same position for which i have been interviewed for but I am not given the offer letter.

Let me know, can i still expect offer letter from Accenture ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

nascar007 in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

Hi Ambika, How do you know you got selected in Accenture without getting an offer letter? Was the 4th round interview you had an in-person interview? If yes, was it in town? If out of town, did Accenture take care of your travel expenses? Please let us know. I am also in the same situation. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Nino in Forest Hills, New York

43 months ago

Hi,

I got my first interview for an entry level position with Avanade, which is partnering with Accenture and Microsoft. My understanding is that working with Avanade you work on Accernture and Microsoft projects.

On my first interview I was told how much I would be making, and which month is the next round to accept new applicants. I was told that somebody will schedule, second phone interview, which will test my technical knowledge. The interview will be with the person from the field. I got an email and next week I am having a second round. Does anybody know, considering it is a entry level position, how much does interviewer goes into detail about programming and databases? I really do not know what to expect.

If anybody has any questions about the job postings please feel free to contact me.

If you folks have any feedback please contact me as well.

Nino

rkw6086 in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

Nino,

As a former employer, and seasoned consultant in the industry, I can tell that the interview will hammer on detail. For entry levels, they will be looking for a deep understanding about the basics. Coding Methodologies, basic db design, terms, etc... Essentially, making sure that you feel comfortable with yourself (remember, you'll be customer facing, so they have to protect themselves), so they will feel comfortable with sending you in front of a client.

However, don't feel uneasy. The rule of thumb is, answer what you can, and be honest when you don't know the answer. It's better to be up front with a client if you don't know something, rather than act like you know it and make a fool of yourself later. That's what this interview is really going to check, and also get you ready for something you'll have to do over and over again.

Good luck, and don't sweat it! You'll do fine!

If your interviewer was anything like mine, they'll be fun, and really engage you into the conversation, taking it from an interview to, more or less, nerd talk. :-)

rkw6086 in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

rkw6086 in Dallas, Texas said: Nino,

As a former employer, and seasoned consultant in the industry, I can tell that the interview will hammer on detail. For entry levels, they will be looking for a deep understanding about the basics. Coding Methodologies, basic db design, terms, etc... Essentially, making sure that you feel comfortable with yourself (remember, you'll be customer facing, so they have to protect themselves), so they will feel comfortable with sending you in front of a client.

However, don't feel uneasy. The rule of thumb is, answer what you can, and be honest when you don't know the answer. It's better to be up front with a client if you don't know something, rather than act like you know it and make a fool of yourself later. That's what this interview is really going to check, and also get you ready for something you'll have to do over and over again.

Good luck, and don't sweat it! You'll do fine!

If your interviewer was anything like mine, they'll be fun, and really engage you into the conversation, taking it from an interview to, more or less, nerd talk. :-)

I meant, employee... redbull.

Ryan - San Antonio in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

Norma in San Antonio, Texas said: I currently work for Accenture. This is a great company to work for if you want to gain HR experience. My best advice is to have someone refer you or, provide a 'knock out' cover letter that will stand out from the rest. Most of the candidates that are hired are directly from referals. I think that 80% of our people are referred to our company from friends or family members. Good luck to everyone!

Dear Norma,

I'm a student at St. Edwards in Austin, I transferred from USC Marshall school is business, and I would like to work for Accenture when I graduate in December. I have a solid resume for a student and will be doing an internship at US Global Investors this summer. I liked you response, thank you. Do you think you could forward your "knock out" cover letter to me? I would like to make mine like yours! I had mine done by a resume company and had my godmother who works at Accenture look at it, but I would like to get another one that works and look at it side by side to mine. It would be much appreciated! My email is Ryan.kep@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Ryan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Consultant/Job Seeker in Berwyn, Illinois

30 months ago

L H in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: What kind of salary can be expected for an Application Service Management Project Manager?

Check out Glass door dot com for salary info and interview info on pretty much any big company.

John in Anonymous Proxy

28 months ago

It is not hard to get in, in my opinion.

You might want to investigate on Exposing Evil Empire or the "Assventure - Incompetence Delivered" to read some of the stories there about Accenture.

stating the obvious in Irvine, California

26 months ago

Houston Professional said: It appears that San Antonio can not attract professionals outside of the Hispanics. One would have to be very careful taking a job there. I do not believe it is good to have a group of employees that come from the same school of thought. Diversity is really needed in the San Antonio job market in order to prevent career sabotage. The company is looking for cheap labor .

Houston Professional said: White Professional - Why do you think Accenture left the Houston market and went to San Antonio? Houston has a far better talent pool than San Antonio. You do the math.

You sure don't sound like a professional. You sound very bitter. Perhaps they saw through the front you put on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

16 months ago

IMPORTANT NOTE:::::::

"Sad-Girl" and "Norma from TX" are ONE AND THE SAME!!! I guess I am so lucky to be not SOOOOO stressed that I did not see that...but then, I do need a job and read the ENTIRE post.... There are MULTIPLE POSTS' from BOTH Women; check it out! GOD Bless Yourselves and do THE SAME for EVERYONE else in this silly conundrum....and Good Luck To All!!!!!! p.s....looking for a job SUCKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

16 months ago

accenture/hireright followers: check it out and review, review review! Pieces are missing and if you review the full strain of emails you WILL see Discrepencies! Review, review, review as I did above~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.