Heads are rolling!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

Kevin in Bradford, Rhode Island

93 months ago

Congratulations to all that posted your experiences with this terrible organization. It appears that the geniuses in the corporate office missed a few days at the country club… Heads are a rolling at Robert Half. There are no less then 400 jobs listed for new account executives at the local hell holes around the country. Hopefully the Half-Wit that pissed YOU off will be getting the BOOT. Hope all those Half-Wits copied some skill sets for their resumes! However, they could all be fake jobs, then again you have to be an fool to even get involved in that back stabbing revolving door at the local Robert Half-Wit office. So let it be known that their idiot business model just S-H-I-T the bed…candidates are avoiding RH like the plague that they are…..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

TB SLC, Utah in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

92 months ago

Or are they just hiring more creeps to do the same cuz they are making money off of these poor people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

William Daily in Melville, New York

92 months ago

Yeah RH is awful. I've found success at Adecco Finance in the Bay Area, CA. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob

80 months ago

As usual, they listed a job that I was qualified for, and I sent in my resume. They actually called and left a message. I called back and had to leave a message which they never returned. The phone number that they listed for me to call, was not even a local number, It was long distance. They also do not have office staff in their local office. Remember also, I am on file with a decent IT skill set and they still do not call even though they are the ones listing the job. This does say alot for their quality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

had it with rhi accountemps in Texas

78 months ago

A couple months after interviewing with accountemps, I received a call from another accountemps employee. She told me she had a job I would be perfect for and would start on Monday. She said I had to come in to the accountemps office to meet her, since I had interviewed initially with someone else. Then after the interview she tells me she just found out a coworker had allready filled the position. It seemed to me she just needed me to come in to make her Quota for interviewing. I didn't appreciate her wasting my time. I have had them try to pull this scam on me more than once.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

had it with rhi accountemps in Texas

78 months ago

After completing an assignment I received a survey from their Quality Assurance Dept. I answered the questions honestly on the survey and assumed it was confidential. Without my knowledge or consent, their Quality Assurance contacted the branch I had worked for and shared my comments and disclosed my name. After that, they stopped sending me on assignments and were rude to me when I called.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

SPS Employee in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

Accountemps sucks! They are more worried about if the employee can fill the position and not if the employee has something else they are doing. They honestly believe that all workers are at their beckon call and we need to drop everything to answer it.

If there are any agencies out there, they really work with the employee then they need to let that be known, because Accountemps is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sam

46 months ago

Lousy company. I've had numerous bad experiences with them. One witch told me about a job, but then said, "But I'm going to put you down as having turned it down!" Tried to complain, but their district manager did nothing. A few years later I called again, thought that they'd changed. Ha! I was supposed to call a manager, but she was never in. They were supposed to be open at 7:30, but the receptionist was goofing around. When I told her this, she turned around and said I called her a "f*****g b***h." Banned for life then. Funny - when I temped I had to clean up Accountemps messes! Ah well. I've had my own business for ten years now, and DON'T use them. What goes around, comes around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

LGardner4 in Satellite Beach, Florida

42 months ago

My experience with Accountemps has been awful. I want to shout this from the rooftops.

The first assignment they called me on required MAS90 experience. I said that I had only used MAS90 at a temp job, for two weeks, about 10 years previously. They said "come in and take the test as many times as you need in order to pass it, and you'll be fine." Needless to say, I didn't feel really good about this, but I needed a job... They failed to tell me that the job was an hour commute from my home and that the company was going under.

The second assignment I lost out on because my background check took two weeks to come back. They picked someone else. Two weeks later, as luck would have it, they needed someone else. The company sucked. I worked overtime without being paid. I worked through lunches. I worked up to 13 hours. We "weren't allowed" to leave until the work was done. I informed my manager at Accountemps that I wasn't being paid for all of the overtime I was working. I wanted out. I asked four times to find me another assignment. I finally got so sick after seven months of this that I got sick for three days, and they let me go.

My third position was the one that I am at now. I love the job, love the people. I'm being paid a whopping $12 an hour, but I stuck it out for the required 750 hours, so that the company I am with could hire me without the outrageous conversion fee. Now, they are telling me that they "won't release me" to my new company until I complete ANOTHER background check. What? My new employer doesn't want one, won't pay for one, and flat out told me to ignore them. I'm furious. I've been working for Accountemps for a year and three months and I finally have a chance to make a decent living, get some health benefits, and feel secure. This is the third hiring manager I've gone through at Accountemps, and this one takes the cake.

Do they consider us slaves? Am I not free to do what I want after I've completed my indentured servitude? :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Karen O in Bremerton, Washington said:

And their employment (conversion) fee is not outrageous. It's standard for the industry. You should do some research. You don't know what you're talking about.

I make $25 an hour working for Accountemps, and I haven't had an employer yet who balked at the rate, or the fee they had to pay Accountemps to hire me directly. I guess the world of work is just a better place for us qualified accountants. :)

Your personal experience is not a reflection of mine. FYI I did let my staffing manager know that I was working overtime on three separate occasions. I have it in writing. Their desire to keep their "big client" happy apparently was worth more than the overtime premium.

And I do not appreciate your dig at my qualifications. You do not know me. You do not know the three staffing managers I dealt with, as they were fired one at a time.

You sound like an Accountemps staff person. I believe you could state your own experiences without attacking someone else to make your point.

I am in a good position, with a good company, and happy to be away from Accountemps.

Good luck to you, Karen O.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Not sure if my response to Karen O. went thorough, so I'll try this again. Karen, there is no need to attack someone you know nothing about in order to make your point. I am a qualified, degreed Accountant, with years of experience. You do not know me at all, and to make a judgement on my qualifications in order to make your point is unnecessary.

I let my staffing manager know on three separate occasions that I was working overtime without compensation. I have it in writing. If I were of a litigious nature, I would have sued them. As for your $25 an hour, that is regionally adjusted, I am quite sure.

You sound like your work directly for Robert Half, perhaps as a staffing manager.

I am happy in my position now, and even happier not to be a temp. I wish you nothing but luck in your career, as I wish for everyone. Times are tough, and I'll admit that sometimes we have to work through some difficulties to get where we want in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

m in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

I got a temp to perm through Accountemps 5 years ago. I was a temp for a few months then got hired full time and have been with the same company since. I think Accountemps even lowered the price to "sell" me. Basically it was a totally legit transaction that worked out fine.
good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Brown in Draper, Utah

37 months ago

Bob said: As usual, they listed a job that I was qualified for, and I sent in my resume. They actually called and left a message. I called back and had to leave a message which they never returned. The phone number that they listed for me to call, was not even a local number, It was long distance. They also do not have office staff in their local office. Remember also, I am on file with a decent IT skill set and they still do not call even though they are the ones listing the job. This does say alot for their quality.

They have done the same damn thing to me. I am a qualified Accounting Clerk and have found the same problem with this company. Every single time I see a job that I qualify for they don't ever call me or ask to send my resume. I have been with the company since 2006 and I have never been so frustrated with this company in my life. I have only completed maybe 4 assignments with them. While it took them 6 - 8 months to finally find me a job, I went behind their back and signed on with 5 other temp agencies. And now they are competing for me to do assignments because they take too damn long to fill the assignments and or call me regarding new upcoming assignments. I got tired of having to call them every damn week to see if there were any new jobs available. I would not ever recommend going through just Robert Half. They play favorites and if you aren't on their favorite list you will never see a job assignment even if you qualify for the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Santy DJ in Chicago, Illinois

37 months ago

I had worked for another Robert Half branch before (Office Team) so when Accountemps contacted me regarding temping for them, I decided to give them a shot. They did get me an assignment in June 2009 and I have to admit it was good pay. Unfortunately, my immediate supervisor at the assignment preferred to spend her time e-mailing her friends and family all day than properly train me. I voiced this concern with Accountemps and asked to please be assigned to a different company as I felt I wasn't a good fit for this job. I also voiced my concern at possibly being let go from the assignment since I had found out the day before that I was pregnant and they told me they'd look into it. The next day I was called back and told that the manager thought I was doing a wonderful job and that they were even considering hiring me directly. Everything was running ok until October. With my pregnancy, I now had doctor appointments I needed to go to and I did everything possible to schedule them after work. Sometimes I had to skip my lunch break to leave early but I still avoided cutting into my time at work. One day out of the blue I was let go and with no reason. Accountemps called me to let me know and were surprised to find out I was still at the assignment finishing my shift. I was told to just get up and leave but I'd already started packing and stayed another 5 minutes until I'd gathered all my things. They never looked into why I was let go but since the assignment let me go, I was told they could no longer work with me and they let me go too. The real reason as to why I was let go? I was pregnant and nearing my due date. Neither company wanted to deal with that. I waited too long to file a complaint with EEOC otherwise I would've also sued both companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

StrongFuture in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

37 months ago

RH is the worst of the worst when it comes to dishonest recruiters. Not one time have they gotten me even an in person interview! They are sleazy beyond belief! One time a recruiter there was trying to talk me into taking a job as a recruiter. I know she was pushing for this because she would make a nice commission. Man did she cop an attitude when I told her I was not interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Portland, OR in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

My experience with Accountemps was awful! I am an accounant with over 15 years experience and 5 years of education. I ended up with an assignment that paid $15.00 an hour to file and photocopy. The assignment was clearly one that I was overqualified for and I contacted accountemps within the first few days to ask for reassignment more toward my qualifications and pay scale (I was at $27 hr prior). They stuck me in the assignment for the duration at which point I made the original date of end of Sept stick for it was clear that as long as I was on current assignment they would not find me another position.

During the time on assignment, I consistently pushed for leads on permanent placement. Finally after almost two months I was contacted by Robert Half (permanent division) that made me come in and reinterview with them directly. NO leads every came forth.I contacted them on postings they have online and only to get a song and dance as to this and that reason of why I was not a match. I was perfectly matched for these posted positions.

My experience has led to a misinformation given to unemployment and the decline of benefits from the deceitful and unethical practices of both organizations. I would not refer my worst enemy to either place...they are awful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SF in Seattle, Washington

33 months ago

In my recent experience I had interviewed at OfficeTeam with the understanding that I really wanted to get out of the tax business. Not only am I an experienced tax professional, but I'm also an artist, and since I want more time for my art, I am less interested in the stress of tax season and I'd prefer an admin or data entry job. But I ended up with a pushy recruiter with Accountemps who convinced me to try for a position at a CPA firm (even though I expressed concerns that their hours would interfere with my current schedule - of which I already have a tax job that works around it, and that my commute would double and the hours would be longer and the pay only comparable to what I already get). But I gave in and got an interview that I reluctantly agreed to.

I was just informed today that due to the "nature" of my art, the employer wanted to cancel the interview (I guess they looked me up online). Since my current employer and my 300+ clients have never had a problem with it (some of which are kind of conservative people), I'm shocked that anybody would.

I was actually overjoyed as I now didn't have to potentially quit the current tax season for some firm that was unknown to me, but also that I didn't have to waste my time on an interview for a job I wasn't really sure I wanted. When I talked to one of the recruiters I told her that I would not work for a company who felt that way about my artwork. I have self respect and any employer who wants me to feel differently should be ashamed of themselves. She seemed surprised and also surprised that I didn't really want the job in the first place. She also sounded very uncomfortable on the phone which made me wonder if she knew about my reluctance (I had gotten the original phone call from somebody on her team).

I have since called them back to say that I would like to be taken off of their listing, if they are uncomfortable representing me to employers. I don't need them, I just like temping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SF in Seattle, Washington

33 months ago

**Update**

I just talked to the lady from OfficeTeam who was completely understanding about the situation. She said she didn't have a problem with my art (not that she'd seen it, but I explained what I thought they had an issue with). She also said she had no problem representing me. She did suggest to maybe hide some of the edgier stuff in a gallery rather than on the front page, which I have no intention of doing. But the point is that her attitude was much friendlier and representative of the type of company I can relate to.

So, I won't be dealing with Accountemps but I'll give the OfficeTeam division one more try.

jojobseek in Meridian, Idaho

26 months ago

Yes, RHI is highly crooked and unethical. They will lie to you, get you to come in to chase non existent jobs. Then they blacklist you when you bring out on the table and call them on it. Horrible organization and they have a very bad reputation in Portland even with other staffing agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Allen, Texas

24 months ago

LGardner4 Do every company have the required 750 hours, before they could hire the staff without the outrageous conversion fee??? this is my 1st job thru Accountemps and I work here for about 7 months they have not converting me yet.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LGARDNER4 in Satellite Beach, Florida

24 months ago

In response to the 750 hours question, I believe so. You cannot be converted without an outrageous fee before that time has been "served."

That being said, I'm still at the company that I temped for with Accountemps. I am thankful for the job, however, I would never hire a temp-and I am now in the position to be able to do so. I don't think it is fair to the employee. Just because the economy enables companies to have full time employees without having to pay benefits does not make it right.

The country needs to return to a time where people still mattered. I know that sounds idealistic, but we have to start somewhere.

One Love All!

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

24 months ago

LGARDNER4 in Satellite Beach, Florida said: I'm still at the company that I temped for with Accountemps. I am thankful for the job, however, I would never hire a temp-and I am now in the position to be able to do so. I don't think it is fair to the employee. Just because the economy enables companies to have full time employees without having to pay benefits does not make it right.

The country needs to return to a time where people still mattered. I know that sounds idealistic, but we have to start somewhere.

We are all temporary employees now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Allen, Texas

24 months ago

Thanks LGARDNER4 for your reply and information. I emailed Accountemp and what they emailed me back is "Hi Tanya, You should contact your local staffing manager to get specific details. (Agreements vary from client to client. ) Good luck!".

Jennifer in Littleton, Colorado

23 months ago

These people make me so angry. Within 3 weeks I have been fired twice. The first place I only lasted 2 days and I just got let go yesterday from a job I really wanted and was really good at after being there for only 5 days!!! I was just fired... never told I was doing anything wrong, no warning...nothing! I can honestly say I did NOTHING! to deserve being fired. I know how to conduct myself in an office environment and I am a very professional person. Stupid reasons like someone heard me humming while I was washing my hands in the bathroom! What the hell is that???? So THAT deserves my livelihood being jeopardized???? really???

You know what? I think we should all report this company to the better business bureau- strength in numbers!Maybe it will force them to change their practices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Allen, Texas

23 months ago

Accountemp contract with Employer

Subject : Hiring the Person Referred to You

After you evaluate the performance and potential of our professional on the job, you may wish to employ this person directly. Our professionals represent our inventory skilled employees and in the event you wish them converted to your employ or another employer to whom you refer them, you agree to pay a conversion fee. The conversion fee is payable if you hire our professional assigned to you, regardless of the employment classification, on either a full-time, temporary (including temporary assigning through another agency) or consulting basis withing twelve months after the last day of the assignment. You also agree to pay a conversion fee it our professional assigned to you is hired by a subsidiary or other related company or business as a result of your referral of our professional to that company.

The conversion fee is one percent (1%) for each thousand dollars of the aggregate annual compensation (e.g., 20% for $20,000)multiplied by the aggregate annual compensation, to a maximum of thirty-five percent (35%). Aggregate annual compensation includes bonuses. In no event will a conversion fee be less than $1,000.

The conversion fee will be owed and invoiced upon your hiring of our professional, and payment is due upon receipt of this invoice. The same calculation will be used if you convert our professional on a part-time basis using the full-time equivalent salary; however, the conversion fee will not be less than $1,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

totally disgusted in Millis, Massachusetts

18 months ago

I have never had any luck with Accountemps. Recently Accountemps on Thursday and I emailed them on Friday to see if they I had heard anything because the company said they would let him know by Friday. Never emailed me back so I emailed again on Tuesday, I still haven't heard from Accountemps. I called the Westborough office on Tuesday and left a message for Jennifer and didn't hear from her so I called again the next day to be told she's not taking calls that I need to talk to Paul, meanwhile the receptionist gave me an attitude and when she transferred me to his voicemail it was full. I wouldn't recomment them to anyone who is looking for work.

totally disgusted in Millis, Massachusetts

18 months ago

I have never had any luck with Accountemps. Recently Accountemps contacted me because I had applied for a job online. I went on the interview Wednesday and I sent a Thank you note to Accountemps to forward to the company. That was on Thursday so I emailed them on Friday to see if they had heard anything because the company said they would let him know by Friday. Never emailed me back so I emailed again on Tuesday, I still haven't heard from Accountemps. I called the Westborough office on Tuesday and left a message for Jennifer and didn't hear from her so I called again the next day to be told she's not taking calls that I need to talk to Paul, meanwhile the receptionist gave me an attitude and when she transferred me to his voicemail it was full. I wouldn't recomment them to anyone who is looking for work.

b karen in Hopkinton, Massachusetts

17 months ago

Totally disgusted: The two you are referring to are liars and b.s. artists on the same "team". When selling the applicant, because that's what you are an item in their inventory for sale, they will tell the employer that they know the applicant real well!When they can't even remember your name or probably wouldn't return your call last week. They work neither for the client nor the applicant. They work for themselves to make their numbers and save their own skin. Which means they will give you or the employer any kind of blather to accomplish their numbers. All who think that they will find you a "temp to perm" job....think again. They will tie you up and make it impossible to get a permanent position by trying to bleed the potential employer with their open end contract. Unfortunately employers are enabling these leeches and the two that totally disgusted mentioned are no different than the rest of them.

blaise1 in New York, New York

17 months ago

had it with rhi accountemps in Texas said: After completing an assignment I received a survey from their Quality Assurance Dept. I answered the questions honestly on the survey and assumed it was confidential. Without my knowledge or consent, their Quality Assurance contacted the branch I had worked for and shared my comments and disclosed my name. After that, they stopped sending me on assignments and were rude to me when I called.

You too? I've been with AT since 2010. I thought I was a rock star with them. Until I did a survey in 2011 that one of them wasn't pleased with. After that, I always said positive things in the survey.
Now, I have another problem with AT. November 2012 I took a hiatus from AT. I had accumulated 1900 length of service hours. I returned to AT May 2013 and was looking forward to my length of service check, well for some odd reason my most recent paystub, my length of service reads 15. Really?

Jeffreyalman in Clearwater, Florida

11 months ago

I was placed in a terribly hostile environment in March of 2013. It was supposed to be temp to perm in a couple of months. When the 8 weeks was up, my manager gave me a bunch of excuses why the hiring was not going to take place. At the same time, a coworker was unreasonably abusive. I was in constant contact with the accountemps office, and was told "they have hundreds of other jobs" but I would have to resign first in order to be placed. I did so reluctantly, having faith that they would indeed find something for me.

Never once heard from them again. Oh, except for surveys which, stupidly, I answered positively, not wanting to burn a bridge I had not yet crossed.

The irony is I am now in a great position and one of the things I do is hire outside labor, i.e. temps!

Never again Robert Half / Accountemps!

Anon in West Orange, New Jersey

4 months ago

Wow. Just... Wow.
I applied for a job this morning on Career Builder and my resume is stellar with no gaps (currently employed, thank you very much). That's when I got a Lovely phone call from Joe Carrabs from the Rutherford office. He said he was calling about "a job I had applied for",[del] phished [/del] fished around a bit for some personal info on where I was working & why I'd ever jump ship and then said that it was "an introductory call" and that he had no job to speak to me about.

"Wait a minute, Joe. You're calling me, asking about my personal information, and you have no job that fits my skill set? What?" It was it this point that Gentleman Joe replied "Don't You Ever Apply For A Job Through MY Company EVER Again!!!"

Account Temps = Robert Half which evidently is also = 100% owned by King Joe Carrabs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.