Robert Half/Account temps

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

George from Long Island in Uniondale, New York

87 months ago

I called to ask about the many many jobs they had for a Bookkeeping/AR or AP positions which they had listed and listed and was told not very nicely that they were future positions. I took the tests at Robert Half and did quite well but still no job from them. They are truly dishonest in there many ways that they do business. I finally told the woman off and said dont worry I wont call you again. I was registered with them for the past 4-5 years and never went on an interview with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

job hunting in Boston Mass in Quincy, Massachusetts

87 months ago

I agree with the rest of these people. I went to Robert Half and Account Temps for several open job positions and was unsuccessful in getting a job. They have never been rude to me when I have spoken with them. In the past 5 years they have never gotten me placed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Shane from Indianapolis, Indiana in Indianapolis, Indiana

86 months ago

I am having the same problems you are having. I was told that I did not have any experience for their entry level positions, so they could not help me. How can you get any experience if no one will let you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

James in Minneapolis, Minnesota

86 months ago

Shane from Indianapolis, Indiana in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am having the same problems you are having. I was told that I did not have any experience for their entry level positions, so they could not help me. How can you get any experience if no one will let you?

More importantly, Why do you need experience for an 'entry level' position?

Unfortunately, many companies, and not just staffing, are doing this kind of thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paulette in Albany, Ohio

85 months ago

I have to agree with all of you. I was contacted by one of the RH recruiters and asked to come in for an interview. After interviewing with the recruiter that places for "direct hire" I felt confident that perhaps they could help me get placed in a good position. The "direct hire" person than suggested I talk with someone in their temporary area. After doing so, and taking the test I still had some hope and thought I could further my career. What was suppose to be a 1 hour interview ended up being 5 hours of talking and testing. I was told that I would be able to go on line to improve my skills and that someone would send me the information needed for the training offered. One month later, I finally contacted the "direct hire" recruiter by e-mail and was told that I should keep with my current position and she would forward my request for more training. Well, 5 months later, no new position. As for the training - forget it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiters Are a Waste in Longmont, Colorado

85 months ago

I had the exact experience you did Paulette. RH is a JOKE. DO NOT waste your time on an "interview" with them. It is a total waste of your time and completely disrespectful of RH to bring people in for "testing" when you are supposedly being brought in for a specific job. Here is their formula: talk up some random job on the phone that doesn't exist to get you in for an "interview" which consists of accounting tests on their lame computer software. I too was told about the free online computer training through their system which sounded interesting but of course exactly the same thing happened... what training? what a joke. I want my five hours back too. I will NEVER go back to that BS job mill. RH recruiters should get a soul and a "real" job. Too bad their jobs are a joke and they have no jobs for the people they bring in. I can't say enough bad things about this sham company. We can only spread the word at our current companies to never use RH again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Hammack in Independence, Missouri

85 months ago

I have experienced the most bizarre situation with accountemps. After interviewing with them and taking several tests, I was told they would not work with me. No reason why, they told me that it was "confidential information." That is the most bogus ____ I have ever heard of! These places are a waste of time. I spent several hours testing and interviewing to be told that they would not work with me! I had worked for them in years in the past and had a good repore. I don't know what happend but it really stinks!!!! Most of the jobs the agencies post are bogus anyway! dont waste your time!
M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wasted Time in Queen Creek, Arizona

85 months ago

I "interviewed" with accountemps. I applied for 2 "current" positions with them that I was more than qualified for. I never heard back about those jobs and I have been told by previous employers (not recruiters) that I interview extremely well. What I don't understand about recruiters is why they always try to "sell" you a job that you don't want. For instance, the positions I applied for were between $18 & $20/ hour and they try to get me to take a job for $12!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Middletown, Connecticut

85 months ago

Horrible company-terrible staff. Advice to job seekers: call companies on your own. Most HR departments hate dealing with these agencies. The angency will tell you they have the inside scoop (don't listen), because they don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Heppy in Noblesville, Indiana

85 months ago

I really think it depends on who your recruiter is. I have taken Robert Half's tests, as well as applied with Accountemps. I've never gotten an interview or even a call from Accountemps, but my relationship with Robert Half is fantastic! I've gotten my last 2 jobs from Robert Half, and have had many interviews in the last few months - perhaps 10-12 different companies... and despite not being hired recently, they still work hard for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

susie

84 months ago

[QUOTE who="
They placed me in a really bad job, and when I began looking, they called my job to tell her I was looking, so they could post it again. My job got posted and I was out on the street again. Will never work with them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bkb10530 in Mooresville, Indiana

84 months ago

George from Long Island in Uniondale, New York said: I called to ask about the many many jobs they had for a Bookkeeping/AR or AP positions which they had listed and listed and was told not very nicely that they were future positions. I took the tests at Robert Half and did quite well but still no job from them. They are truly dishonest in there many ways that they do business. I finally told the woman off and said dont worry I wont call you again. I was registered with them for the past 4-5 years and never went on an interview with them.

Wow, what a coincidence...I applied for 6-7 jobs that they had open here in the Indy area, I had 10-12 years experience so I knew very well I was qualified or I wouldn't have applied! Instead of getting a phone call, I got the dreaded e-mail--"You don't qualify for any of the positions we have open" YEAH RIGHT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Banjo in Rochester, New Hampshire

84 months ago

I've been listed with RHI/Accountemps/Et Al for the last 7 years, and have better than 15 years experience in both Large Public and Small Private Companies. I, too, have been called in to test, and when the Recruiter I spoke with leaves 3 months later, I AGAIN am called in to test - ad nauseum - until...one magic day...they called me for an interview......AS A RECRUITING MANAGER IN THE OFFICE I CONTINUALLY TESTED AND MET AT!!

Jokers and "Meat Peddlers" each and every one of them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Jacksonville, Florida

84 months ago

That's just brilliant...Robert Half is responsible for calling their clients and marketing your background out in order to find you a job and you want the Recruiters to have a Human Resources background? You do realize that the job wasn't with Robert Half, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

That means that you probably had a reference list you as not eligible for rehire OR you have something negative on your criminal/credit background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Michelle Hammack in Independence, Missouri said: I have experienced the most bizarre situation with accountemps. After interviewing with them and taking several tests, I was told they would not work with me. No reason why, they told me that it was "confidential information." That is the most bogus ____ I have ever heard of! These places are a waste of time. I spent several hours testing and interviewing to be told that they would not work with me! I had worked for them in years in the past and had a good repore. I don't know what happend but it really stinks!!!! Most of the jobs the agencies post are bogus anyway! dont waste your time!
M

Last comment was in resonse to above posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bizarro-Kelly in Gilford, New Hampshire

84 months ago

So....it's pretty apparent that Kelly is either a Troll or an RHI/Accountemps Employee/Manager/Recruiter/Shareholder....

Kelly...I'll look forward to your posts when you finally wake-up to the fact that you haven't discovered how to rule the world, and the "potential" for earnings is nothing like what you'll truly realize. You'll make your money faster with Amway! Every RHI/AT Recruiter that was worth their salt got sick of them within a year, and wound up leaving to start their own (and often successful) recruitment frim, where they build relationships and looking for "fits", thusly earning their keeps versus moving bodies. I'm in the private sector, and will NEVER use these buzzards to source a position.....EVER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Indianapolis, Indiana

84 months ago

Well, I tested and interviewed with Robert Half (Accountemps) today. Testing went well and the interview appeared to go well also. We'll see what the end result will be. From all the previous posts, I'm not very hopeful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angry job seeker in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I moved to this area in the beginning of the year, hearing that Accountemps would be able to find me a job in no time.

I went there and they had me test w/AP questions and an accounting system I've been using for 5 years. I was told I tested well above people with bachelor degrees and more experience (I don't have an accounting degree myself, just some college credits).

Anyway, they assured me they'd find me work in no time like I said earlier. It's now August, and I've probably been called about 30-40 jobs. I'm not sure if those are new jobs not on the website or the jobs I apply for (usually 5-10 a week). But out of all those phone calls, I've been on 3 TOTAL INTERVIEWS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

One time nobody called me.

One time the hiring manager at the client said he'd call me in a week. He never called, was conveniently away from his phone that day, and when I called Accountemps, they said, "Oh that job was filled 2 days ago sorry." Thanks for telling me.

And then I must have gotten 4-5 called from one guy about this job looking for somebody to hire right away. I finally gave in and said I'd go in to interview. Of course, when the interview is over, I hear that they had 1 other person going for the job. The guy on the phone never said a word about that of course. It was probably another Accountemps person, or maybe another agency who knows. Anyway, I get the dreaded phone call saying, "Oh even though your interview was great, they were impressed by your knowledge of that accounting software, you don't have enough experience." Hey, if you people get me in the door into a job for once, maybe, just maybe, I would have more experience.

But yes, 6 months later, and nothing. Hey I admit, no college degree is a deal breaker these days. But it's not like I make it a secret. I even applied for those Office Team jobs (like Data f'n Entry) and I've never received any correspondence about those jobs. I swear they have me coded as strictly accounts payable, which is what I did for 1 yr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Sorry for the long rant. Just imagine being in a city where you barely know anybody, with no source of income, while worrying about school at the same time.

Good thing when I was young, I bought a lot of junk on eBay that I've since turned around for a nice profit. Of course, that was supposed to be emergency money in case I had a period of unemployment. Oops.

OT, but my image box #s were 666. That's perfect for an AccounTemps post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NV in Queen Creek, Arizona

83 months ago

I understand where you are coming from. I recently started looking for a job in the health care field since that's all I've done in California and I also experienced rejections. I interviewed for Banner Health 3 times and I even got called back all threre times to shadow, which means work for free to see if you will like the job. ,And never got hired. I finally called the recruiter to find out some feed back for me from the supervisors I interviewed with and the y all said they were highly interested in me, but they could not meet my salarry expectations. I wish I would of known the first time, and you know living in queen creek ....you have to travel to get to civilization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Avon, Indiana

79 months ago

George from Long Island in Uniondale, New York said: I called to ask about the many many jobs they had for a Bookkeeping/AR or AP positions which they had listed and listed and was told not very nicely that they were future positions. I took the tests at Robert Half and did quite well but still no job from them. They are truly dishonest in there many ways that they do business. I finally told the woman off and said dont worry I wont call you again. I was registered with them for the past 4-5 years and never went on an interview with them.

As a former staffing manager with RHI/Accountemps I must explain to you, firstly, when a recruiter calls to interview you - there are no guarantees about a job. The same as if you went on a job interview for a position - there's no guarantee that the employer will hire you.

Secondly, there are certain criterias that must be met in any initial screening of a candidate - most of time requested by the company. Bottom line,if you don't meet those requirements you will not get sent out.

Thirdly, if you want to improve your chances of getting sent out - then it starts with you. Do you wear a suit to the initial interview? Are you courteous and respectful? Did you do well in your evaluations? If you did not - then the blame is not with RHI/Accountemps. Companies look to RHI for the best - why do you think they have been in business for so long. They deliver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

rob appleman in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

hey thats about right. anyway good luck ok>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Elle in Hyattsville, Maryland

78 months ago

Michelle Hammack in Independence, Missouri said: I have experienced the most bizarre situation with accountemps. After interviewing with them and taking several tests, I was told they would not work with me. No reason why, they told me that it was "confidential information." That is the most bogus ____ I have ever heard of! These places are a waste of time. I spent several hours testing and interviewing to be told that they would not work with me! I had worked for them in years in the past and had a good repore. I don't know what happend but it really stinks!!!! Most of the jobs the agencies post are bogus anyway! dont waste your time!
M

They do get a lot of information from you. I wonder what happens to it. Next thing you know I'm getting these weird emails offering more training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lilly in birmingham, Alabama

77 months ago

When you go in for the first interview do they test that same time?

They called me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aalf in Mississauga, Ontario

75 months ago

Hi! I got called in for a first interview, can someone tell me about how they test you? Like which softwares they use and what I should know in order to do well.. would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Ashley Davidson in Vienna, Virginia

72 months ago

Aalf,

I guess the tests really depends on what you're being marketed for. After I graduated from college, I went in to Robert Half for an interview. They decided with a Business Administration degree, I would be a good administrative assistant. They tested me on my typing speed and knowledge of MS Office. They sent me to a couple of interviews and when they had an opening in their own office for a receptionist, they hired me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Feef in Quincy, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I wish I'd found this before wasting my time. I was bullied into taking an assignment below my bottom line (less than my unemployment) and when I called back to decline I was bullied into it again being told that I would never find a job in this economy with that attitude. Everything was how they were doing me a favor. I went in I knew immediately this wasn't a match. I called at lunch explained I was feeling awful about this situation. I have a good work ethic and have NEVER been out of work until my layoff over the holidays. At the end of the day I let him know I wouldn't be able to continue the assignment that I knew it wouldn't work short term or long term - and I wasn't willing to risk losing my unemployment benefits for a job paying me less than my unemployment benefits. He berated me, and told me I would never find a job and good luck sitting around collecting. I was SO unimpressed with my initial meeting and obviously am glad these people aren't representing me any longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zoie Wallace in Akron, Ohio

66 months ago

Feef in Quincy, I actually have had that same experience. I have two degrees and I went in for a few jobs. The told me the only thing I that I was qualified for was Call Center work being that I am "young" etc. So I just told them that I was not interested. Well the stupid interviewer in which I realized does not even have a degree but works in the office explains to me that I would not find a job, being that I do not have that much work experience etc. After going on the job I I was like I quit. He kept talking I just walked off the job and was like it is what it is. Later on that day I got a very nasty e-mail about how that was unprofessional and I would only get a check for minimum wage and best of wishes with anyone that would hire me. I normally do not walk off jobs but no one would listen and I was at the end of my rope. I should have known when I went in the office and the way they were dressed that they were unprofessional. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME TEST ETC. I love indeed .com for having forums likes this so that people can know the truth.

Renee in Honolulu, Hawaii

61 months ago

I have to agree that it was a waste of time for me. I registered with Accountemps 8 months ago and they called me 2 times to submitt my resume and still no assignment. I really don't believe that they have as many jobs as they say they do. And if they do, they must send only the people they like out on assignments, which I guess is fair but don't waist my time because you want to send 3 candidates out and you already know which one you are going to choose and push to the employer. I have never had such a hard time with a temp agency as with Accountemps and RHI. I finally told them not to call me anymore. And now after 8 months they call again. That is unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Honolulu, Hawaii

61 months ago

To the ex-employee of RHI, I wonder why you left?? It coulnd't have been that great or fair, otherwise you would have stayed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick Wlaker in Birmingham, Alabama

56 months ago

I encourage people to "waist your time" with them. Cut into bad offices productivity by not letting up. The cost-benefit of illegal practices will hurt their bottom line and it "might" cause them to stop the practices. I have staying on their case for 3 years now and could not sleep at night if I stopped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

S Washington in Evergreen Park, Illinois

11 months ago

Most of the jobs the agency posts are bogus. Their staff must justify their jobs by recruiting people into their system. What is sad is that these jobs are being counted as real jobs, overinflating the number of available jobs in the market.

LaughingAtWhiners in Trevose, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

LOL at you whiners and complainers...RHI, Adecco, Randstad, etc. don't get paid by candidates. They are paid by their clients to find the best possible fit for the job. Guess what? You're a Staff Accountant that's qualified for job X? In this job market, there are 30 of you. What sets YOU apart? Just because you are brought in for an interview with an agency does not guarantee they are going to find you something. Good lord people, they're businesses who work for their clients, not YOU. Biggest problem with US society right now...everyone feels entitled to things they're not entitled to. Stop wasting your time on message boards and improve your skillsets, attitudes, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Truthbeknown in Desert Hot Springs, California

7 days ago

Happened upon this forum and I can tell all of you who attempt to register with any temporary or permanent employment agency that what you are doing is giving them a list of prospective clients in your history of former employers. They are fishing for new business ALL the time, so they post jobs, real or not, on their website, to get you to submit your employer names, addresses and contact info. Easiest cold calling in the world. For instance, you show your last job as A/P manager for a medium sized local business like a software design firm and boom - they have all the info they need and who to contact to find out if they need any temporary or permanent employees, get them to list with their agency and THAT IS WHERE THEY MAKE MONEY. And so on, with all your previous employers, if they aren't already working with them. Sorry, that's the down side. The up side is to get your foot in the door with them, as I did, for temporary work starting at the lowliest of jobs to prove you are reliable. Reliability and professionalism counts for a lot with Robert Half and it may take a couple of entry level jobs to prove you can do more, and they will keep you working. That's my experience, anyway.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.