Robert Half is bigger than a joke

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 111)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jobless in Georgia in Riverdale, Georgia

88 months ago

I have been registered with Robert Half/Accountemps for well over 3 years, and it has been a joke. I did find out that they do get paid (something) for registering people. Do they find you work? NO! Are they looking? NO! They don't care because they are making money off of everyone they have listed as active.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (125) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Candidate in Cary in Raleigh, North Carolina

88 months ago

No need to get nasty. It is quite obvious, given all the complaints posted in the forums, that Robert Half is clearly a waste of space.

If one of their objectives is to build a database of resumes in order to impress potential employers with their "inventory", than it would not surprise me if they do get a fee for registering people.

I was contacted by Management Recruiters a couple times, and both times they implied that the only way they would help me is if I provide them with contacts from my former company first. No thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

CD in Dallas in Grand Prairie, Texas

87 months ago

ex-half in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: You are such and idiot, no wonder you don't get placed. If the recruiter got paid just bring people in the door how would the company ever make money? The only way the company or recruiter makes money is by placing candidates. If they haven't placed you then you are not a candidate any of their clients are interested in. Think about it! You can't find yourseld a job, what makes you think their client is going to pay them for you?

I resent the implication that those of us looking for a job and go through an agency are just pathetic losers! I am very qualified in my field and very employable. My only problem is that in our area the jobs are not published in the want ads so it is almost impossible to find a job yourself. The employers here do not want to screen, take time to look at all the resumes, etc. Please research all the facts before you start calling people idiots. You never know, what goes around comes around!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Phoenix Female in Glendale, Arizona

87 months ago

Candidate in Cary in Raleigh, North Carolina said: No need to get nasty. It is quite obvious, given all the complaints posted in the forums, that Robert Half is clearly a waste of space.

If one of their objectives is to build a database of resumes in order to impress potential employers with their "inventory", than it would not surprise me if they do get a fee for registering people.

I was contacted by Management Recruiters a couple times, and both times they implied that the only way they would help me is if I provide them with contacts from my former company first. No thanks!

Yeah, what's with the "last employer contact"? That's all my recruiter seemed to want. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understantd the fact that leaving my last place of employment might not get me a terrific reference, even though it was on decent terms. Aside from that, prior employers are bound by law not to provide certain information regarding your employment, primarily negative comments. Why is RHI so intent on getting this information? I offered the recruiter 5 reference letters from prior employers and she didn't seem to really want them nor was she interested in a thorough interview. I felt I got the bum's rush, even though my test scores were "very impressive" to hear her tell it. What's the scoop?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Saint Paul, Minnesota

85 months ago

I have yet to get a job from Robert Half in the entire Mpls/St. Paul area from Robert Half. Apparently the staff is better here than other markets as they did ask exactly what I wanted and answered my questions sincerely.

On the other hand Accountemp has not gotten me a decent temp job in about 6 years and the only offers are below what I ask for. Also they love to "dumb down" the money and jobs they are willing to give you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

C D in Arlington, Texas

85 months ago

Lets just face it, Accountemps is a poorly run company. Never forget, the associates are there because they can't find work elsware. A freind put it very succintly, Accountemps is just a wh** and they will do whatever it takes to build their data base of candidates. As we all know they send three candidates out to an interview and I firmly believe only one is qualified and that is usually the flavor of the week. When your interview is over and you are not chosen you never hear from them until you need to be a third wheel again.

Here we have to use agencies, but there a plenty of other agencies so there are still options. I have had good expieriences with AGILON/ADECO and Accounting Principals.

To those you who are like me that must use agencies, sign up but remember, they need you too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alyssa in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

Jobless in Georgia in Riverdale, Georgia said: I have been registered with Robert Half/Accountemps for well over 3 years, and it has been a joke. I did find out that they do get paid (something) for registering people. Do they find you work? NO! Are they looking? NO! They don't care because they are making money off of everyone they have listed as active.

They Don't make money off people just for registering them, that's ridiculous. Think about it logically, the company wouldn't be able to fund that activity and they would go out of business. Maybe your logic (or lack thereof) is why RH couldn't place you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe Smith in Arlington, Texas

85 months ago

Everyone has to beleive what ever it takes to get throught.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

orangecat in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

85 months ago

Robert Half does find jobs for people. I had two project assignments lasting about a month each. One client said he just tried Robert Half because they sent him a postcard, even though his field was not a typical placement for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

cupacoffee in king of prussia in Old Zionsville, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Jobless in Georgia in Riverdale, Georgia said: I have been registered with Robert Half/Accountemps for well over 3 years, and it has been a joke. I did find out that they do get paid (something) for registering people. Do they find you work? NO! Are they looking? NO! They don't care because they are making money off of everyone they have listed as active.

i agree they are a bad joke - but so are the companies that use them - these companies can't find & hire an HR person to read & evulate people for hire ..........!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Azi in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

They are a bad joke don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

TM in Pittsfield, New Hampshire

84 months ago

I've been registered with Accountemps for 5 years. In that time, I was placed on an assignment that ran for almost 3 years, and when I got pregnant and was very sick, the hour and a half commute was too much for me, and my doctors requested that I seek work closer to home. I called my recruiter at AT, and he told me that they couldn't move me unless I gave my notice where I was. So, I did. And never heard from the recruiter again. He didn't return phone calls and never placed me again like he assured me he would.
After my son was born, I went back to work. They put me on a 3 month assignment. I missed 2 days because my infant son was sick, and after the placement ended, they told me I was going to be hard to place again if I can't "commit" to the time they need, regardless of the reason for missing 2 days. Cut to a month later - they put me back in my original position at the request of the former employer. In 5 months, they have failed to cut my paycheck 3 times, I haven't heard a thing from my local office, and found out from the company I'm working with that my recruiter left AT.

They don't care at all about the people that work for them - all they care about is the commissions they make on their contracts. they figure they can always find more people to take temp assignments, but will do whatever they have to do to keep their commission contracts.

I will never work for them again, nor will I recommend them to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Got my own Job...Thanks for Nothing in Boynton Beach, Florida

84 months ago

Dillion in Parrish, Florida said: It SHOULD be named "Robert Half Assed"
Am I right folks or what?

they don't do anything for you in Florida either. I got a call back a year later to be placed...I would have been living in a card board box by then!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Laurel, Maryland

84 months ago

I have used numerous accountemps associates from the Bethesda Maryland office at my organization and every temp that has worked for me has said how professional the Bethesda staff is. I would recommend them to any company looking for help and any candidate looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

David

84 months ago

Robert Half is full of ----! I am a paralegal. RH sent me on an interview on a friday (temp to perm). 30 minutes after the interview the recruiter called and told me I got the job and I would start on monday at 9am. At 9:05 a.m. monday, while at work, the recruiter called and told me that they (my new employer) were having budget problems and that I would start later in the week. Two weeks later, and the recruiter won't take my calls. It appears they tried to roll the dice with the employer and lost (I lost). I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to RH. Also, I am still waiting for a paycheck that was mailed to me on July 18th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Constance in Salt Lake City, Utah

84 months ago

I was just about to call Accountemps and sign up with them but decided to read these comments. SURE GLAD I DID! Thanks everyone for relating your experiences. I'm sure it will help many others decide, as I have, to take a different path!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Allison in Pleasanton, California

84 months ago

To correct the previous comment regarding Robert Half recruiters getting paid for every candidate they register, that is completely false. They are only paid when a candidate is placed on a job, be it permanent or temporary. Maybe you haven't been placed because you don't have the skills required for their positions. I have been a candidate for years and have been EXTREMELY pleased with my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

84 months ago

Do not work with staffing agencies unless you are completely desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

someone in Pleasanton, California

84 months ago

SM in Cape Coral, Florida said: RHI is so horrible because they have some of the dumbest, must washed up idiots working for them... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? I completely agree with cupacoffee!!!

At least they can spell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

PM in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: Do not work with staffing agencies unless you are completely desperate.

Are you serious? Some staffing agencies are excellent and provide immediate job placements. Your statement is uncalled for and completely WRONG.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

G. Sarajin in Grand Prairie, Texas

83 months ago

Some agencies, just not Accountemps or Robert Half.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PM in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Accountemps is not bad...they will place you on jobs. I have never had a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

STACY1624 in ST FRANCIS, Minnesota

74 months ago

I first started with Accountemps about 5 years ago. I was hired on with one assignment. When I was laid off after 2 1/2 years, I returned to Accountemps. For the last year and a half they have kept myself consistently employed except for a few days here and there. I like the experience of a variety of job duties and the different people I work with. I have to say I have had really good experiences with Accountemps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

PM in Houston, Texas said: Are you serious? Some staffing agencies are excellent and provide immediate job placements. Your statement is uncalled for and completely WRONG.

Why would I want to work with a staffing agency when the wages you are paid are way lower then a normal employee and you get no benefits ! Staffing agencies are making big dollars off the employer and the employee gets little. I work in accounting and have seen many invoices from staffing agencies- I see markup stats like an employee is paid $12 per hour and the staffing agency is paid $19-$22 an hour for that person (thats a big profit for the efforts the put forth) they are simply a high paid go between entity, and the employee gets no benefits. You must work for a staffing agency huh ? lol. Also I have that often "temps" as they are known in work force are looked down on to vast degree by the other employee's they are working with at the company they are placed at. Ya, been there , done that. So I'll say it again, only work with a staffing agency as a last resort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

STACY1624 in ST FRANCIS, Minnesota

74 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: Why would I want to work with a staffing agency when the wages you are paid are way lower then a normal employee and you get no benefits ! Staffing agencies are making big dollars off the employer and the employee gets little. I work in accounting and have seen many invoices from staffing agencies- I see markup stats like an employee is paid $12 per hour and the staffing agency is paid $19-$22 an hour for that person (thats a big profit for the efforts the put forth) they are simply a high paid go between entity, and the employee gets no benefits. You must work for a staffing agency huh ? lol. Also I have that often "temps" as they are known in work force are looked down on to vast degree by the other employee's they are working with at the company they are placed at. Ya, been there , done that. So I'll say it again, only work with a staffing agency as a last resort.

Nobody said that you have to work through a staffing agency. You are wrong the staffing agency receives way much more than $19-22 an hour. They also have to pay Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment, and Workers Compensation Insurances on their candidates. Also they have to pay for their office space and their employees within the office, like any other business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Excuse me but an employee also pays those deductions out their paycheck check also. Bottom line, the "temp" is the loser in this scenario-not the staffing agency nor the firm using the staffing agency "services". If it were not a big profit business they would not be in the business and there would not be so many of them. Everyone knows they are predatory, are known to shop around resumes,get info from your resume and try and contact your former employer to staff your prior position, place people with companies that have problems keeping people etc.

Just ONE Example- many years back I worked as "temp. to hire". The staffing agent raved about the place I was being placed at, what a great place it was. Shortly after I started I found out from the other workers that the temp. agency had placed 10 people in that position in the past 2 years. Hum...red flag..Long story short the employer liked my work and offered me a permanent position after 90 days. I accepted. About 2 weeks later I found out why they had gone through so many people- I was subjected to verbal abuse by the owners daughter (who happened to be the CFO). Funny she was sweet as pie while I was still a "temp" on the staffing payroll. But she revealed her true face when I was on her payroll. I was not getting paid enough to put up with verbal abuse and subsequent intimidation. I quit.
It's a win-win for the company using the staffing agency,they do not have to pay medical benefits, sick leave or vacation. Nor does the staffing agency. The worker is the loser. I'll give you the last word...I know you want it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony George in Vancouver, Washington

74 months ago

Just ONE Example- many years back I worked as "temp. to hire". The staffing agent raved about the place I was being placed at, what a great place it was. Shortly after I started I found out from the other workers that the temp. agency had placed 10 people in that position in the past 2 years. Hum...red flag..Long story short the employer liked my work and offered me a permanent position after 90 days. I accepted. About 2 weeks later I found out why they had gone through so many people- I was subjected to verbal abuse by the owners daughter (who happened to be the CFO). Funny she was sweet as pie while I was still a "temp" on the staffing payroll. But she revealed her true face when I was on her payroll.

This is not an example to support your statement regarding temp agencies. This supports an example regarding what is hidden by the agency's customer. This scenario is old. You could also have cut out the middle man and get hired directly so that you could enjoy the abuse sooner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patheticwithaP in Boston, Massachusetts

74 months ago

One thing that really annoys me about accountemps is that when I call them and ask to speak with a specific person I get the same "May I ask who is calling?" than I get transferred to a voicemail because that person never answers their phone. I leave a message and never get a callback. Plus, I called 3 times in a day and they seemed annoyed because I kept giving them my name when they said "May I ask who is calling?" and they probably were irritated it was me again.

Anyways, after graduating with a BS in accounting and recently passing my CPA exam, I am still only qualified for their $11 an hour data entry jobs. I was actually told someone with "better qualifications" was given an $11 an hour job over me. I would like to know how much crack that person was taking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Some Guy Man in New York, New York

73 months ago

z

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

72 months ago

Accountemps/Robert Half
Who trains you? Why do you post jobs that don't exist? Why can't you return emails?
Why can't you return phone calls.
One of the worst employees in the OKC office is Tiffany McGowen. Would love to know who manages you.
Where did you go to Rude school!
How can they keep the likes of you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

72 months ago

patheticwithaP in Boston, Massachusetts said: One thing that really annoys me about accountemps is that when I call them and ask to speak with a specific person I get the same "May I ask who is calling?" than I get transferred to a voicemail because that person never answers their phone. I leave a message and never get a callback. Plus, I called 3 times in a day and they seemed annoyed because I kept giving them my name when they said "May I ask who is calling?" and they probably were irritated it was me again.

Anyways, after graduating with a BS in accounting and recently passing my CPA exam, I am still only qualified for their $11 an hour data entry jobs. I was actually told someone with "better qualifications" was given an $11 an hour job over me. I would like to know how much crack that person was taking!

Try a different agency, like the Addison Group,Principle Technologies, or Accel Financial. How long are employers going to keep hiring Robert Half for their staffing needs. I hope alot of employers read this. THIS IS A MUST READ:
You get great qualified candidates with Accounting degrees, who are hard working individuals through Accountemps. You pay those dummies at Robert Half $43/hr or sometimes less/more and we make 1/2 of that. Then of all things they treat us like pure crap. Rude is a good word for them. No manners and the lack of professionalism is uncanning. We work for them because like everyone in this country we need a job. Once you get into a temp role with them forget the permanent side helping you look for a job, it just doesn't happen. I have never in my life worked for a recruiter this horrible. I am still on assignment with them, but never again. If anyone knows of a way to contact the investors or top management of this company please let me know. I really cannot stand working for them in Oklahoma City, but it sounds like all of the recruiters go to the same school of rudeness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Marietta, Georgia

66 months ago

I was going to register with this agency today but canceled and promised to reschedule. However, I stumbled upon this site by accident and I'm glad I did. The comments have been very helpful. One thing though, what type of test do they give?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KH in Northfield, Minnesota

65 months ago

I think most of the comments on this page are motivated by emotion. I took approximately the same tests with Spherion, Prostaff and Officeteam. Prostaff called about one job, but I couldn't do that one. Officeteam has placed me several times, and each experience has been good. The general job situation right now is, of course, quite difficult, but there are still placements occurring. One thing the temp agencies really seem to rely on is the employee making contact on a pretty regular basis. I've not been great on that. Also-mentioned earlier was the last employer reference. That would be important to any employer, and is quite reasonable. As long as you are a good employee, there really should be no problem with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Jersey City, New Jersey

63 months ago

Phoenix Female in Glendale, Arizona said: Yeah, what's with the "last employer contact"? That's all my recruiter seemed to want. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understantd the fact that leaving my last place of employment might not get me a terrific reference, even though it was on decent terms. Aside from that, prior employers are bound by law not to provide certain information regarding your employment, primarily negative comments. Why is RHI so intent on getting this information? I offered the recruiter 5 reference letters from prior employers and she didn't seem to really want them nor was she interested in a thorough interview. I felt I got the bum's rush, even though my test scores were "very impressive" to hear her tell it. What's the scoop?

I used to work for the evil empire, and I can tell you that the only reason they want your most recent employer, is because they want to call that supervisor to try and get job orders, ie; if they place you with one of their current clients, they get a bonus, and if they magically call the client that has unexpectedly lost an employee (you) then they can get the replacement fill, or at least a foot in the door.....it's all about the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lara 100 in Conroe, Texas

52 months ago

Tony George in Vancouver, Washington said: Just ONE Example- many years back I worked as "temp. to hire". The staffing agent raved about the place I was being placed at, what a great place it was. Shortly after I started I found out from the other workers that the temp. agency had placed 10 people in that position in the past 2 years. Hum...red flag..Long story short the employer liked my work and offered me a permanent position after 90 days. I accepted. About 2 weeks later I found out why they had gone through so many people- I was subjected to verbal abuse by the owners daughter (who happened to be the CFO). Funny she was sweet as pie while I was still a "temp" on the staffing payroll. But she revealed her true face when I was on her payroll.

This is not an example to support your statement regarding temp agencies. This supports an example regarding what is hidden by the agency's customer. This scenario is old. You could also have cut out the middle man and get hired directly so that you could enjoy the abuse sooner.

I had an agency send me on an interview for a temp job which I didn't take because I got a better offer. When my better job ended 6 months later the agency told me the same temp job was still open and that several people had been in the job since I interviewed. I voiced my concern that there must be some problem with the client but she insisted everyone had a legit reason for leaving and that wasn't the case. Another agency sent me on an assignment where the supervisor laid low for the first couple weeks and then became an abusive b.... - found out several other temps had been there previously - one perm employee even quit because of the abuse while I was there. Because the client badmouthed me the agency never sent me on another assignment even though the agency knows other candidates were treated the same by the b.... at the client's office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Musiqsongbyrd in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

I was new to the Atlanta area so I signed up with Accountemps...was sent on an interview, and was told I HAD the job, yet they were unable to provide me with a start date. I was told by my recruiter it would be "tomorrow"...and she would call me with the details. Well.. tomorrow came, and NOTHING. Not even a call from my recruiter with details. So, when I finally called her...I was told...I would be starting later this week..(and she was ABOUT to call me). I was told I would receive a call with my official start date and time...again..nothing! Needless to say...one week went by...and each day I was told..a different day of the week I would start. And the only way I received this information is because I had to keep calling my recruiter. She did not even have the professional decency to give me updates! So..FINALLY...I get a call... with my start date. I went in...only to be interviewed by SOMEONE else AFTER I had already had an interview! For an entirely different position. But, I was told I was going to work! Wow! Right? So...after I speak to the managers..they tell me I can go. I was there a total of about 20 mins after an hour commute, while under the assumption I would be working billable hours. So, I call the recruiter, and she tells me..they want you...you ARE hired..they just don't know when! WTF!!!!!! ????? So, during the course of one week, I held off other calls, agencies and offers, because I was told I was HIRED and would be starting...Mon...then..Weds...then...Fri.... then Monday! Needless to say....I am STILL not working..and the last call with them...was "you are hired and will be starting Monday". Oh, and lets not forget the fact that when I was told about the position I was given one salary, and "after" I accepted...I was told she made a mistake with the salary. WTF!!!!!! Accountemps SUCKS monkey balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Duped in San Francisco, California

31 months ago

So much for RHI/AT ever getting me or my business in the future. Some "Staffing Manager" in San Jose, CA randomly calls me an hour and a half before an interview I had set up 3 weeks prior, and starts shoveling her high pressure, "I have an employer that's looking for someone with exactly your qualifications to hire immediately!". No matter I have an interview in less than two hours, and she wanted me to drive an hour and a half to "complete their paperwork" so I could start in 2 days. Dumb me, I indulged her the following Tuesday as requested. Fell for their BS temporarily until 10 days had passed, and the only contact made was from my end...never mind the extremely unprofessional "manager" Kim, stood me up for nearly an hour, even though she requested the appointment time while she was "in a meeting"... Hey little lady, a little friendly advice, don't make your company look bad by: a) standing your guests up, and b) feeding the
BS (including the poppycock "I can't tell you anything about the company or the position"... It reflects very poorly on your entire firm to those of us that actually have managed hundreds of employees both internationally and here in the US. Go back to finnishing school. Learn some professional manners, and at least try to display some integrity, as a favor to the managers above you that unwisely entrust their firm's reputation to you. As it is now, RHI/AT is a firm I'll never use not recommend ever in the future--which will cost them far more than the few bucks they were going to skim off the top of my $75/hr. "supposed" job. Too bad it appears that RHI/AT is only some pointless no character telemarketing firm. Note to Exec. Mgmt, maybe you need me to "find" you a true asset in your SJ office, before Kim (last name reminds me of a "Friendly Ghost"...) completely trashes your reputation in the silicon valley. RHI/AT is a total joke, and I'm a bit embarrassed that I fell for her high pressure Mortgage Broker sales pitch for a few days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

noname in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Okay I am with acctemp, and I hate the pay they take everything and give u what's left over and that's it. Ur signing ur hard earned life away and that's it too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California

25 months ago

Accountemps in Irvine, CA, has become a joke...again. I've dealt with them years ago and again very recently. They've had some good and some not-so-good people work for them. It depends who you are working with and whether or not they have genuine interest in helping you find employment at a fair pay rate. Bottom-line: These people pretend to really care about you, but they're only out for themselves. You may have a good working relationship in the beginning, when they return your calls and e-mails, but then they try to low-ball you on new assignments (to pad their commissions, I imagine), and they become resentful if you decline the assignments being offered. They're exuberance and enthusiasm changes drastically. You can hear even here it in their voices. This is exactly what happened to me. I did a few assignment for them, was paid at a decent rate, and was told I did an excellent job. Then business dropped off and, when it began to pick up again, I was presented with jobs at a much lower rate, which I politely declined. And then I found work with another agency, and when they called me and found out things really changed. They now refuse to return my e-mails and phone calls and have basically blown me off. They don't even have the courage to tell you exactly why they no longer want to work with you. They are unprofessional and discourteous when they decide that you're no longer an asset to them. Also, if you do make an appointment to meet with them for the first time, expect to be in the office for a minimum of two hours. You'll be waiting about a half-hour alone just to meet with the person you spoke with. And they don't validate parking, either! So you have to either park at the food court down the street and hope your car won't get towed. Otherwise, you'll pay $6.00 an hour for parking. Unfortunately, with the job market the way it is, most staffing agencies are like this now. They're a few good ones out there still, but you'll be hard-pressed to find them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Av in Manhasset, New York

25 months ago

They are a _______ joke. THis is a cmpany i wonder how they still exist. but all temp craps are like this now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

25 months ago

Am sickened by this blood-sucking company's business practice and resulting profits! Just viewed some ad from this site and appalled by its stated hourly rate, they've always been lowballing its contractors big time but clearly it's getting worse because they know they can get away with it due to the 'great recession'. Sad for the ones who have to take the gigs and the thousands who're waiting for their calls...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Half - Aggressive Growth
Posted 5/30/2012 1:00 AM by Brian Bolan from Zacks.com

Robert Half's Most Recent Reported Earnings
On April 24, 2012 Robert Half reported revenue of $1.015 billion up from $881 million reported in year ago quarter, an increase of 15%. Earnings per share came in at $0.34 compared to $0.18 in the year ago period, an increase of 89%. In the session following the earnings release, the stock traded higher by more than 7%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

25 months ago

I understand when an agency does not call me for any openings that I am qualified for, as a)there are too many candidates and too few jobs, b) 'fit' is a significant factor besides having the right skillset.

Some of us may have been labeled 'Do not use" due to some very subjective perceptions by the recruiters during interviews as indicated by a former recruiter in another thread.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Huntington Beach, California

25 months ago

Karen in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Accountemps/Robert Half
Who trains you? Why do you post jobs that don't exist? Why can't you return emails?
Why can't you return phone calls.
One of the worst employees in the OKC office is Tiffany McGowen. Would love to know who manages you.
Where did you go to Rude school!
How can they keep the likes of you?

Sounds just like all the Accountemps/RHI locations I've dealt with, including Long Beach, Laguna Hills, Orange, and Irvine, California. From reading the comments, it looks like this practice is company-wide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MBA_CPA in Louisville, Kentucky

23 months ago

They don't care at all about the people that work for them - all they care about is the commissions they make on their contracts . they figure they can always find more people to take temp assignments, but will do whatever they have to do to keep their commission contracts.

I will never work for them again, nor will I recommend them to anyone.

I know it seems as though I too was pressured to give references and that is all that they cared about. I was put on a poor assignment in which I felt that I was just an extra thats all just an extra. Because I was told it would go perm but the assignment was pulled right from underneath me with another temp brought in a week later doing exactly what I was doing; it was like they wanted us to compete for the same job. That was crazy I had more experience and education!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Sparrow Bush, New York

23 months ago

In my exp. with Half.

Overall, they are good, however, in general recruiters aren't so easy to deal with.

I could tell when I would go in to their office that the recruiters were under a lot of stress to produce. A LOT.

This was 10 plus yrs ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Cypress, Texas

23 months ago

Alyssa in Tampa, Florida said: They Don't make money off people just for registering them, that's ridiculous. Think about it logically, the company wouldn't be able to fund that activity and they would go out of business . Maybe your logic (or lack thereof) is why RH couldn't place you.

Obviously you have been trotted out by Accountemps/Robert Half to provide a rebuttal! The clowns who work at this agency are people who couldn't make it in the field they are recruiting for....they are smooth talkers and BS artist who make a living praying on unemployed people and that it my book is unethical! Case in point I just got placed by Accountemps in Houston. I subsequently find out that they are charging the clients for my serivces $44.13 an hour (where the shysters got the .13 I don't know) while paying me $24 and I am the one driving 50 miles a day one way to the job and going through 6 tolls!!! And all they did was make a few phone calls to this client and then throw a 100 resumes at him until he hired one of them! Now does that sound fair or even legal!!! to top in off when I ask for a little more money to at least offset the toll road fees the tell me "their hands are tied"!! They wouldn't budge a dollar!

Btw the clowns at Robert Half do blackball people. I know they did it to me years ago because I didn't accept what they called was a "lucrative" assignment. I subsequently wrote the CEO himself a letter and he lifted the ban!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

temp in Fishers, Indiana

22 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: Do not work with staffing agencies unless you are completely desperate.

If you dont have a job apply for whoever will get you in the door. I have worked for agencys and been hired on full time. yes they do whatever to get you in a position but again people have to work and now days companys are using agency's because they can with the job market the way it is. dont be so hard on these companys they can help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

elo1978 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

22 months ago

You have to remember that they have access to the hidden job market.

I call my agencies every week, although I will try to do a mass-email instead of calling in the future. Accountemps is the only agency that calls me back every week after I call them.

Yes, the temp market is slowly picking up. I just got a call from Kelly Financial about a job in my area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and I haven't worked for them in 6 years.

Also go to job networking groups. I connected with a former recruiter and he is helping me revamp my resume. If you can get a job on your own - that is the best way, but utilize any way to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

wre in Dowagiac, Michigan

18 months ago

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California said: Why would I want to work with a staffing agency when the wages you are paid are way lower then a normal employee and you get no benefits ! Staffing agencies are making big dollars off the employer and the employee gets little. I work in accounting and have seen many invoices from staffing agencies- I see markup stats like an employee is paid $12 per hour and the staffing agency is paid $19-$22 an hour for that person (thats a big profit for the efforts the put forth) they are simply a high paid go between entity, and the employee gets no benefits. You must work for a staffing agency huh ? lol. Also I have that often "temps" as they are known in work force are looked down on to vast degree by the other employee's they are working with at the company they are placed at. Ya, been there , done that. So I'll say it again, only work with a staffing agency as a last resort.

Try $12 and $26. Only a pimp could have done better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

18 months ago

elo1978 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: You have to remember that they have access to the hidden job market.

You are correct. Agencies have access to the HIDDEN job market. Kind of seems unfair for the job searcher sitting at home looking for work.

And, many times if you apply directly to a company the company feels more comfortable using their regular outside search firm screening applicants rather than the company themselves contacting the applicant who applied directly to the company website.

Dealing with HeadHunters is not easy. Be nice it there were no middleman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.