Act 1 =Bad Business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jay in New Kensington, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

I somehow landed a position through Act 1 after I was laid off. I should've been wary of how quickly I was place but I was so excited about getting back to work that I didn't think about it. Where to even start. First, they completely lied about what the job entailed. I was to do data entry after being trained for a relatively easy position. Instead, I show up for an interview at the company and was told "GREAT SWELL You're HIRED!" I thought wow, super lucky. Wrong...what should have been 2-3 months of training was 2 hours and then "Good luck". When things started getting crazy, one of the other managers started small talk and asked about my experience. Long story short, they told me I was getting cheated in pay (they said they suggested no less than $15 for the heavy work load, Act 1 told me $12) for such a heavy position and that it was only going to get crazier. They also informed me that the last person who held my position had 3 months of training. I couldn't 100% blame Act 1 for the training issue, but when I let my rep at Act 1 know that the job was so disorganized and hectic that I couldn't perform it at all because there was no training, she said "Ok how much more money will it take for you to stay in the position?" EXCUSE ME?! That right there made me believe what the manager said about them skimping on the pay. The job was also frustrating because I was getting blamed for things failing at the office and yelled at (I wasn't there a full day!). It was a harassing, sloppy, stressful work environment and my Act 1 rep made it sound like a simple data entry job. She knew it was hell.
If that wasn't bad enough, one of my old supervisors that keeps in touch called to tell me that instead of spending time checking my work history, the rep spent 10 minutes interrupting him to try and get information on HR to see if they used temp agencies and to get their info so she could call. I found out that she did this with EVERY single one of my references!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay 143 in California

7 months ago

^^^ This was for a California Act 1 not Pennsylvania. Not sure why it had my location as that but this is the Simi Valley, CA office I'm talking about!

STEVE in Los Angeles, California

6 months ago

After getting laid off and having no luck on my own, with my unemployment about to run out, I reached out to ACT-1. I saw a job posting that was perfect to what I was looking for. Contact the Rep listed on the job posting, he never returned my call back nor did he respond to my resume I faxed over. I reached out to another office, the one in downtown L.A. Met with a Rep, got interviewed and it seemed to be promising. I have to say they do know how to reel you in, but they lack the enthusiasm to locate job positions for me. I have to give them a negative review because they haven't done anything for me. Instead of ACT-1 finding me opportunities, I have other recruiters from other organizations calling me to inform me of jobs they have that meet my qualifications.

ACT-1 employees are a joke. The company might have a good reputation but they need some restructuring within the entire organization and seek new helpful and hard working employees.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.