Adecco in Tampa - Data Entry - 5505 West Cypress

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

41 months ago

It seems like all Adecco ( in Tampa ) has had in the last few months is Data Entry work for New York Life. I'm a little burned on data entry for corporations after a stint as a temporary at Bank of America at the Savarese Circle location in Tampa. I was with a different service, but there were a couple of Adecco people in our group there. It was HORRIBLE. The B of A requirements for production and quality were unbelievable given the conflicting information bouncing around as to how to categorize the documents. The longtimers that we were directed to ask gave different answers than each other, and different than the Subject Matter Expert who also gave different answers than the Team Lead, and everyone in charge seemed to be confused as to why the Quality Assurance or Quality Checkers in Mumbai and other places in INDIA (yes, INDIA) were turning items back as wrong. No one really wanted to admit that the Mumbai quality people didn't seem to know what they were doing. There were other issues in addition to: native-born American English speakers being checked for documents written in English by people in India.

Anyway, I'm afraid that the temporary Data Entry Expert position at New York Life will be just as nightmare-ish.

Has anyone worked as one of these temporaries at New York Life at 5505 West Cypress in Tampa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

littlethrules in Lutz, Florida

30 months ago

kapusta in Tampa, Florida said: It seems like all Adecco ( in Tampa ) has had in the last few months is Data Entry work for New York Life. I'm a little burned on data entry for corporations after a stint as a temporary at Bank of America at the Savarese Circle location in Tampa. I was with a different service, but there were a couple of Adecco people in our group there. It was HORRIBLE. The B of A requirements for production and quality were unbelievable given the conflicting information bouncing around as to how to categorize the documents. The longtimers that we were directed to ask gave different answers than each other, and different than the Subject Matter Expert who also gave different answers than the Team Lead, and everyone in charge seemed to be confused as to why the Quality Assurance or Quality Checkers in Mumbai and other places in INDIA (yes, INDIA) were turning items back as wrong. No one really wanted to admit that the Mumbai quality people didn't seem to know what they were doing. There were other issues in addition to: native-born American English speakers being checked for documents written in English by people in India.

Anyway, I'm afraid that the temporary Data Entry Expert position at New York Life will be just as nightmare-ish.

Has anyone worked as one of these temporaries at New York Life at 5505 West Cypress in Tampa?

Don't expect NYL to be any different. They have unreasonable expectations for production for temps and the Supervisor over the temps is a viper. They aren't forthright about hours either and it ended up being a bit night-marish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

littlethrules in Lutz, Florida

30 months ago

Don't expect NYL to be any different. The Supervisor over the temps is a viper, she likes to exude control over you with her "looks" of disapproval. They have crazy expectations for temps who haven't been given a chance to get up to speed. Not the pleasant experience I was anticipating. It seems great at first and so does the supervisor, but she's not as nice as she initially appears. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Tampa, Florida

20 months ago

littlethrules in Lutz, Florida said: Don't expect NYL to be any different. The Supervisor over the temps is a viper, she likes to exude control over you with her "looks" of disapproval. They have crazy expectations for temps who haven't been given a chance to get up to speed. Not the pleasant experience I was anticipating. It seems great at first and so does the supervisor, but she's not as nice as she initially appears. Good luck.

you're right about the supervisor! And I didn't care for their team leader. You're correct in saying that they have unreasonable expectations for speed. OMG, I was only there for a few days, and she fired me. (yesterday in fact) On top of that, something went wrong the first day with registering for a password on their computer--and then one of the major programs for doing the data entry applications didn't work. The supervisor went crazy and kept saying this was "unacceptable"--and she darted nasty looks at me and the other two temps as she said this. When she fired me, she told that because of my slow speed, she had to bring in more temps. That's very interesting--because she told us the first day that she was going to be hiring more temps the following week! HOW DARE SHE BLAME ME for her "having to hire more temps." One of the first sentences out of her snotty mouth during orientation was, "I'm going to be hiring three or four more temps next week." As far as the temp agency, it wasn't Adecco. I'm not saying which temp agency it was, because they sound as bad as Adecco. The other two temps who came from Adecco got the call about the job the day before....at 5:30 in the afternoon!! I spoke an Adecco rep, once, and I told her my skill level (entry level) and she said to me, nastily, "Wow...you REALLY want to start at the bottom!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.