NOT ANOTHER JOB WITH ADECCO EVER AGAIN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

lady t in Gaffney, South Carolina

87 months ago

I WORKED FOR ADECCO IN THE GAFFNEY SOUTH CAROLINA AREA AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE FULL OF SHxx! I WAS WORKING FOR THEM FOR 6 MONTHS THEN THEY CALLS TO END MY ASSISGNMENT. NOW I AM UNABLE TO GET ANOTHER JOB WITH THEM. EVERY DAY I READ IN THE GAFFNEY LEDGER THAT THEY NEED 30 PEOPLE TO WORK AT THE TIMKEN COMPANY HERE IN GAFFNEY BUT WHEN I CALL AND ASK ABOUT THIS JOB THEY TELL ME THAT THEY CAN'T PLACE ME THERE CAUSE OF THE LAST JOB I HAD WITH THEM. I HAD TO TAKE OFF TO GO TO A FAMILY REUNION IN ATLANTA, SO I ASK ME BOSS MAN AT THE COMPANY THAT I WAS WORKING FOR THROUGH ADECCO COULD I TAKE OFF HE TOLD ME "YES, GO AHEAD I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS INDEPENDENCE DAY AND EVERYONE MAKE PLANS. AND THEN HE ASKED ME "HAVE YOU ALREADY PURCHASED THE TICKET TO GO" , I TOLD HIM YES HE SAID "GO AHEAD AND GO IF I WAS YOU I WOULD GO SINCE I HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET GO AHEAD AND ENJOY YOURSELF. I GET READY TO COME BACK TO WORK MONDAY MY ASSIGNMENT HAS BEEN ENDED BY ADECCO. SO I TELL THEM THAT MY BOSS MAN SAID YES I CAN TAKE OFF SO THE GUY AT ADECCO SAID OKAY LET ME CALL AND VERIFY THAT AND I TOLD HIM YES PLEASE DO. SO HE DID AND CALL ME BACK AND SAID "THEY WANT TO END YOUR ASSIGNMENT JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. I ASKED WHAT DID O DO WRONG NO ONE COULD TELL ME. SO WHAT EVERY YOU DO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ADECCO PLEASE. ESPECIALLY THAT MRS. PATTIE THAT WORKS AT THE ADECCO IN GAFFNEY SHE AIN'T s*** AND DAVID AIN'T EITHER ALL OF THEM TELL DAMN LIES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

creative in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Work hard, and you'll definetley find something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

yikes in Santa Clara, California

85 months ago

I am having so much trouble finding a job! I keep ending up at staffing agencies who lure me in there with fake job postings. I just graduated, I'm a paralegal with a family to support and can not find a job anywhere that doesn't require experience, HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

lady t in Piedmont, South Carolina

84 months ago

the only thiung that ican tell you is go straightto the company that you are interested in and fill application with them. hopfully and maybe the will contact you with a position, or whatever the position may be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Willisburg, Kentucky

84 months ago

Dear unemployed new paralegal, Congratulations on completing your paralegal training!! Did you get a 2-year or 4-year degree? A 4 yr degree would provide you with higher earning power & make you more competitive in paralegal job market. I recommend you jump through hoops & apply for legal aide & legal assistant & paralegal jobs with your county, state & federal govts. They offer best job security & have good benefits. I found no stability in law firms - budget cuts caused me to lose 3 jobs so I have a bad taste in my mouth about them. Lawyers hop around from firm to firm, firms merge, etc. & it is an unstable field to me. I'd recommend working for small to medium law firms as opposed to large. Suggest you also apply to all courthouses - county, city, state & federal. Suggest you apply with major corps. that have legal departments. Suggest you offer to work for less in order to get experience. Offer to work for free for a week to show them what a good worker you are. You have nothing to lose. Continue your education in law & take CEU & other law courses--online or off. Read, read, read up on the law, especially areas of your education you were weak in i.e. legal research, shepardizing, etc. Choose several areas of law to become highly proficient & specialize in them. Consider having your own independent paralegal business (check your state laws on the limitations etc.). Get your notarial license. Being a notary in addition to being a paralegal goes hand in hand with each other. Consider hanging your Notary shingle on your door so you can do notary work on the side. Avoid staffing & temp agencies like the plague. They are a waste of your time (been there, done that). Ask college counselors & instructors to help refer & place you in jobs. Keep in contact with them. Ask them to write letters of recommendation for you. Best wishes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andy

81 months ago

Just moved from N.J to Gaffney. My wife loved it and we bought a home. I am a 55 yr old former Paramedic, and a S/C certified E>M>T> . I spent fourteen days and nights , working at ground zero , 9/11. I got a job with The only Ambulance co in Gaffney. Let me tell you . I have been screwed over by the best but , nothing like the Ambulance co did to me.
I dont care if they bring a lawyer after me for saying the name. AMBU -STAR.They appear to be a racist click , and have no regard for people, not to mention . They have no idea on how to run a company. Now at my age . I am having great problems finding work.
I am a former Marine, spent three tours in Vietnam, two purple hearts, and the silver star with cluster.I s this The town of Gaffney? People just dont seem to care.The only real differance , I have seen , in here and up north is the accent.People are just as rotten. Please. Someone prove me wrong... My wife and I have a late in life child , two yr old Angel. I wanted her to grow up with good morals , and character. Do we have to sell our house and go back up north to do that?
I am shocked , by how much The Southern people have changed, as I lived in the south for eighteen years. After serving this country , being a Paramedic for twenty eight years, and hopefully being Gods instrument to save lives. I cannot even find a job in Wal-Mart.Anyone need a really good , dependable, honest worker.? Please respond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

81 months ago

Andy,

I have an offer you may be interested in... I am not saying you will be rich but you will make some extra money, email me just click my profile and my email address is on my website.

I also worked for an agency and was treated poorly these companies are loyal to there suppliers not to you as a worker. I personally think with your skills it is a real shame and quite possible there is more going on here then meets the eye. You live in an area where race can be an issue and discrimination is alive and well. A man with your skills and knowledge should be able to go anywhere, this is just unbelievable.

My sister is living in Fayeville NC and always out of work, because the Northern Black attitude is just not excepted down there and she is not having it LOL...

I wish you luck dont give up though hang in there, and keep on moving you will find something. Try to stay positive and if you do attend church talk to them and see if they may assist you in any way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dpace in Columbia, South Carolina

80 months ago

I WORKED FOR ADECCO TO. I DONT UNDERSAND WHY FOLKS SAY THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. THEY GOT ME A JOB WITH THE COMPANY AND I GOT HIRED ON PERMANENT. I SAW ALOT OF PEOPLES COME IN AND NOT COME TO WORK AND SAY THEY DID NOT LIKE THE WORK. I SAW SOME GET FIRED CAUSE THEY DID NOT WORK ALL THE DAYS. I SAY ADECCO IS GOOD PEOPLE AND THEY HELP PEOPLES THAT GO TO WORK LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

k llewen in Delaware, Ohio

80 months ago

dpace in Columbia, South Carolina said: I WORKED FOR ADECCO TO. I DONT UNDERSAND WHY FOLKS SAY THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. THEY GOT ME A JOB WITH THE COMPANY AND I GOT HIRED ON PERMANENT. I SAW ALOT OF PEOPLES COME IN AND NOT COME TO WORK AND SAY THEY DID NOT LIKE THE WORK. I SAW SOME GET FIRED CAUSE THEY DID NOT WORK ALL THE DAYS. I SAY ADECCO IS GOOD PEOPLE AND THEY HELP PEOPLES THAT GO TO WORK LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO.

I FEEL YA, D PACE!IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT SOME BODY HAD SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY. I HAPPENED TO HAVE THE PRIVLEGE OF WORKING FOR ADECCO, TOO. FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE VIEWPOINT, THEY WERE VERY GOOD TO ME. I WNET TO WORK EVREY DAY AND MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. I DON'T BELIEVE ALL THESE NEGATIV COMMENTS. I WAS HIRED BY THE COMPANY WHERE I WORK, AND AM STILL THERE TDAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Indeeder in Beaverton, Oregon

16 months ago

lady t in Gaffney, South Carolina said: I WORKED FOR ADECCO IN THE GAFFNEY SOUTH CAROLINA AREA AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE FULL OF SHxx! I WAS WORKING FOR THEM FOR 6 MONTHS THEN THEY CALLS TO END MY ASSISGNMENT. NOW I AM UNABLE TO GET ANOTHER JOB WITH THEM. EVERY DAY I READ IN THE GAFFNEY LEDGER THAT THEY NEED 30 PEOPLE TO WORK AT THE TIMKEN COMPANY HERE IN GAFFNEY BUT WHEN I CALL AND ASK ABOUT THIS JOB THEY TELL ME THAT THEY CAN'T PLACE ME THERE CAUSE OF THE LAST JOB I HAD WITH THEM. I HAD TO TAKE OFF TO GO TO A FAMILY REUNION IN ATLANTA, SO I ASK ME BOSS MAN AT THE COMPANY THAT I WAS WORKING FOR THROUGH ADECCO COULD I TAKE OFF HE TOLD ME "YES, GO AHEAD I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS INDEPENDENCE DAY AND EVERYONE MAKE PLANS. AND THEN HE ASKED ME "HAVE YOU ALREADY PURCHASED THE TICKET TO GO" , I TOLD HIM YES HE SAID "GO AHEAD AND GO IF I WAS YOU I WOULD GO SINCE I HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET GO AHEAD AND ENJOY YOURSELF. I GET READY TO COME BACK TO WORK MONDAY MY ASSIGNMENT HAS BEEN ENDED BY ADECCO. SO I TELL THEM THAT MY BOSS MAN SAID YES I CAN TAKE OFF SO THE GUY AT ADECCO SAID OKAY LET ME CALL AND VERIFY THAT AND I TOLD HIM YES PLEASE DO. SO HE DID AND CALL ME BACK AND SAID "THEY WANT TO END YOUR ASSIGNMENT JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. I ASKED WHAT DID O DO WRONG NO ONE COULD TELL ME. SO WHAT EVERY YOU DO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ADECCO PLEASE. ESPECIALLY THAT MRS. PATTIE THAT WORKS AT THE ADECCO IN GAFFNEY SHE AIN'T s*** AND DAVID AIN'T EITHER ALL OF THEM TELL DAMN LIES.

I suspect there are two sides to this story, based on your ALL CAPS writing style and prison-like lingo. "BOSS MAN DONE TOL' ME DAT..."

Still, I've not had much luck with Adecco myself. They seem to put you on a list for unavailable jobs.

16 months ago

k llewen in Delaware, Ohio said: I FEEL YA, D PACE!IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT SOME BODY HAD SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY. I HAPPENED TO HAVE THE PRIVLEGE OF WORKING FOR ADECCO, TOO. FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE VIEWPOINT, THEY WERE VERY GOOD TO ME. I WNET TO WORK EVREY DAY AND MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. I DON'T BELIEVE ALL THESE NEGATIV COMMENTS. I WAS HIRED BY THE COMPANY WHERE I WORK, AND AM STILL THERE TDAY.

Was this job TAKIN' OUT DA TRASH or something?

I can at least type and spell correctly, but Adecco has done nothing for me in my technical field. They are obtuse about what they're doing (if anything at all) behind the scenes. I see them mostly as list-fillers and smooth-talkers.

YMMV (caps intentional there)

16 months ago

dpace in Columbia, South Carolina said: I WORKED FOR ADECCO TO. I DONT UNDERSAND WHY FOLKS SAY THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. THEY GOT ME A JOB WITH THE COMPANY AND I GOT HIRED ON PERMANENT. I SAW ALOT OF PEOPLES COME IN AND NOT COME TO WORK AND SAY THEY DID NOT LIKE THE WORK. I SAW SOME GET FIRED CAUSE THEY DID NOT WORK ALL THE DAYS. I SAY ADECCO IS GOOD PEOPLE AND THEY HELP PEOPLES THAT GO TO WORK LIKE THEY SAY THEY DO.

Maybe, but it all depends on what type of job it is. I'm sure people get OK GRUNT WORK with them, but it doesn't speak to their usefulness for people who use higher faculties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pontypool in Manchester, New Hampshire

8 months ago

I applied for a job that Adecco had advertised in a local newspaper. I got the job assignment as did a bunch of welfare recipients. We were to be bussed to another state and it was 10 hour shifts. The job was factory in nature and was to me simple and easy money. I liked it but dreaded the bus rides because prior to accepting the position through Adecco I asked the one pertinent question that would have been a deal breaker; That being is smoking allowed on the bus and was told point blank that no smoking on the bus was allowed. I happily accepted the assignment. But smoking did take place on the bus even though a "No Smoking" sign was placed prominently at the front of the bus. The contracted driver didn't care as he too smoked in fact almost every one of them did. It looked like a smoke house inside of their! I have both emphysema and asthma and can't deal with second hand smoke. I rode it out without complaining all week but I did finally call the Adecco office and lodged a complaint and was assured it would be stopped. The next work day and what do you know it was business as usual, everyone smoking away. I was done with this situation. Fast forward over 10 years later and Adecco has me blacklisted because I no called no showed back then. I applied for a job here in New England and was treated rudely once the Adecco recruiter put in my social and read the computer screen. I should have filed a lawsuit against them back then. That was my only error in this. They said I didn't give them enough time to correct the problem and I say I did because one phone call to the bus company that Adecco contracted this out to and the smoking on the bus problem would have ended pronto. I was having breathing problems before I got to work and Adecco was indifferent. Now they won't employ me ever again. I don't need a job with Adecco per say but to be blacklisted by them over a situation that I clearly could and should have sued them over is ridiculous.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.