Recieving Strange Calls for Assignents from Adecco and Other Staffing Agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Have any of you guys receive calls from Adecco or any other staffing agency for really wierd and crazy assignments? Well here's mine.

Yesterday, on Fathers' Day (of all days; especially on a
Sunday), I received a recorded message on my cellphone from Adecco's downtown Philadelphia office. It was regarding an assignment on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway on the Fourth of July before some Goo Goo Dolls concert. You have to stand for the entire length of the assignment, which is 4 to 6 hours, handing out the client's brochures. They're even having an open house tomorrow (June 22) from 10 to 3 at the downtown Philadelphia office.

I then left a message on their voicemail saying that I do not work on Sundays citing religious reasons, and that I cannot stand for long periods of time due to arthritis in both of my knees. I let them know that I'm looking for an office-based position.

I wish I could have told them that they had the nerve to call me on a Sunday, especially Fathers' Day about some job that can wait until Monday morning. But no. The staffing agencies are in busniess to please their clients. But I agree with most of you; staffing agencies should be put out of business once and for all.

And besides, I don't accept any business calls on Sunday in the first place. Sunday is The Lord's Day; a day to refrain from all unnecessary work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.