Some Good Advice for a Lousy Industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 110)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

JK7796 in East, Texas

90 months ago

My e-mail is proud_mommy_0405@yahoo.com if anyone has the information I need. I have looked at the site, but cannot find what I am looking for. (I am not the most computer savy person.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gigi Sommers DePascale in Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Run--don't walk--away from Adecco! I decided to see what they were like between teaching jobs and would actually like to expose their sleazy hiring practices on our local and/or national news. Their testing was flawed, the employees who tried to find me a job could not speak the language, and they were condescending and unprofessional at best. They sent me on a plethora of interviews. The firms would say, "We are hiring you," and Adecco came back every time telling me they changed their minds. No, they didn't--Adecco doesn't want to pay for my education and background. When I told them I was reporting them to various organizations, they somehow "found" a position for me. Thank God I had a teaching position and did not have to put up with their tactics. Avoid, avoid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Truenorse in Waynesboro, Virginia

87 months ago

Gigi Sommers DePascale in Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania said: Run--don't walk--away from Adecco! I decided to see what they were like between teaching jobs and would actually like to expose their sleazy hiring practices on our local and/or national news. Their testing was flawed, the employees who tried to find me a job could not speak the language, and they were condescending and unprofessional at best. They sent me on a plethora of interviews. The firms would say, "We are hiring you," and Adecco came back every time telling me they changed their minds. No, they didn't--Adecco doesn't want to pay for my education and background. When I told them I was reporting them to various organizations, they somehow "found" a position for me. Thank God I had a teaching position and did not have to put up with their tactics. Avoid, avoid.

You said it... It has taken 3 phone, & two visits just to get an application filled out for them. Then I waited for an hour! when I was the only one in the room with three of these jerk offs drinking coffee and joking about. Twice they came out and changed the person that I was supposed to interview with and and even asked me to fill out the paperwork again and still they forgot about me! I left!!!. If they are that incompetent they will never find me credible work and I know they won't give a crap about me. I have been in management for 15 years and I would never tolerate that type of treatment to a person, or let people that are representing my company to be lethargic and useless at the postion they were hired for. Take everyones advice. RUN! RUN FAST! I couldn't even find a place to complain to their superiors. Any reputable company would have a phone number on their website. THIS IS A FACT! and common to cyber ethics. This is a horrible company that does nothing to uphold their values listed so proudly in their reception areas. If anyone knows of a way to complain to their management please reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Quick thought... in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Kim:
Some different staffing agencies do pick pay rates for employees even though the client might tell them to pay more. They want the margin to be there, higher profits, you know the deal. Anyway, I work for a staffing agency in Illinois (I know, corp. changes my address to WI) But, out of 4 agencies here in my town, only 2 of the agencies pay what the client says. The other 2 agencies here in town usually pay $2-$3 less then what we pay. You would like to think employees don't discuss pay, but let's be real, of course they want to know what Joe Blow next to them makes per hour. That is why we have had numerous people switch to our agency. Anyway, in your area, it might be true that the client picks the rate and everyone sticks to it, but unfortunately, ethical practices do not apply across the board. But overall, you are right, the client should be responsible for deciding the pay rate to the employee.

I would like to enlighten the world how the general theory of determining pay goes for the staffing services. The pay is 2/3rds of the amount being paid to the staffing service. EX: Temp service receives $15 employee makes $10 then the temp service has to pay up to 25% of for taxes on the $10 = $2.50, so the profits for the temp service is $15-12.50= $2.50. There you have it!!! Been there done that don't try to dispute this temp services. Why the employee gets paid so low is that the competition takes the rate lower. EX: Manager calls 3 temp services and asks "how much do you charge for a data entry person" They respond by the BLS.gov average rate of pay for position in that area + or - 25 cents to a dollar. The manager calls the one back that he/she feels most comfortable with and says "you have my business at a $1-$2 less" The service has no choice but to say OK in order to build relationships for future business with that company. End of Story thats how it works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Thanks kindly for your support! I began to have doubts about my own education and skills when it came to Adecco, and they used every tactic to belittle me. Oh, I could write a book on them (perhaps I will). When I tested, I used their software which permitted me to have around fifteen minutes or so to type a simple business letter and correct the spelling errors in the copy from which I read. I'm a business teacher and finished in three minutes--and they claimed I failed because I did it too quickly. I nearly fainted! I asked if I could take it again, and the answer was an empathic "no."

Even though I interviewed continually, they claimed there was no work for me. I contacted their top administration, and all of a sudden a job miraculously "appeared" so that I wouldn't report them further. I am taking this further--to the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, the FTC, and more. In this ridiculous economy, they are doing wrong and I will not stay silent!

They say they are "professional." No, "professional" is the high school where I now teach. The learned administration and faculty could not be more kind or helpful when it comes to anything. They entrusted me to create my own course curriculum--and Adecco thought I was capable of nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Gigi How did you complain to their top admistration, please send me a link or phone, so That I can share in that joy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA, and I phoned Adecco and told them I had compliments for them and wanted to speak to corporate officials at the highest level--not quite truthful, i know, but I was immediately "shut down" whenever I said anything bordering on negative. I was given the name and telephone number of a high-ranking administrator. Better yet? Contact the FTC and/or the Attorney General's office--they are terrified that what they are doing will be exposed. The most important thing to keep in mind is NOT to let them undermine your self-esteem; they will try anything to make you feel that you are incompetent when it couldn't be further from the truth. Please let me know if I can help in any other way. God bless!

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey

86 months ago

If you sign up at an Adecco office and there is a job in another office that is a good fit for your background, does Adecco share the information with the other offices?

I joined the Adecco office in Lyndhurst, NJ but, there is a perfect job that is listed with the adecco office in another town.

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Does the Adecco company have a shared database with current applicants?

Chris_P in Bowling Green, Ohio

86 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: If you sign up at an Adecco office and there is a job in another office that is a good fit for your background, does Adecco share the information with the other offices?

I joined the Adecco office in Lyndhurst, NJ but, there is a perfect job that is listed with the adecco office in another town.

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Does the Adecco company have a shared database with current applicants?

Your best bet is to call the other office directly. Speak to a Staffing Consultant or Direct Placement Recruiter and explain to them that you're registered with the Lyndhurst Branch, but saw the position through their office. Hopefully the position is still available.

86 months ago

Dear Ernie,

I am a business/technology teacher at a high school (formerly taught at a college). In this global, information-based economy, nearly everyone shares a database. "Big Brother" is rampant.

Suggestion--skip Adecco and try other tactics: The best jobs are often not publicized or handled by agencies. Put on a suit, take your resume and portfolio, and visit the HR departments of companies at which you'd like to work; ask to speak to someone at the highest level. I'm truly not crazy--it worked for me! I walked into the college and said to the dean, "I believe you need me here." He was impressed with my attitude and asked why, and I was hired instantly. Networking is also a wonderful way to find a position, so keep in touch with friends/relatives and others who can give you job leads. I hope you DO get that job.

God Bless,
Gigi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Dear Ernie,

Forgot. When Adecco told me they sent me an e-mail and I told them I never received it, I was actually told that e-mails take DAYS to arrive! Ready to faint? And these people will employee ME?

God Bless,
Gigi
(Two of my favorite quotes are applicable here: "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" --Hebrews 11:1, and "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.")

86 months ago

Thanks Gigi & Chris for your replies. It was nice you took the time out to answer!

I am curious about how the internal system works.
If you sign up in one office and there is a job that
is a fit in another office, will the original office
let you know about that? I know I can call each office and ask, although that seems time consuming and counter productive if the offices all share the same date base of applicants.

I am wondering how hard the staff is actually looking for
a job for me.

Calling another office that I did not sign up with is not a big deal but, what happens if I am missing out on assignments from the 100's of offices that are in my area. Am I expected to makes 100's of phone calls each week or day to hunt down a job or is it the staff at Adecco who are responsible for finding me a job?

I just thought that Adecco offices shared a common database so, they can chose from all applicants in the system and not just the ones who directly showed up at the individual offices.

Does anyone know if they do in fact, have a shared database for all applicants in the US or at least in the metro NY/NJ/CT area where I live.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate a reply. Thank you!

Chris_P in Bowling Green, Ohio

86 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: Thanks Gigi & Chris for your replies. It was nice you took the time out to answer!

I am curious about how the internal system works.
If you sign up in one office and there is a job that
is a fit in another office, will the original office
let you know about that? I know I can call each office and ask, although that seems time consuming and counter productive if the offices all share the same date base of applicants.

I am wondering how hard the staff is actually looking for
a job for me.

Calling another office that I did not sign up with is not a big deal but, what happens if I am missing out on assignments from the 100's of offices that are in my area. Am I expected to makes 100's of phone calls each week or day to hunt down a job or is it the staff at Adecco who are responsible for finding me a job?

I just thought that Adecco offices shared a common database so, they can chose from all applicants in the system and not just the ones who directly showed up at the individual offices.

Does anyone know if they do in fact, have a shared database for all applicants in the US or at least in the metro NY/NJ/CT area where I live.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate a reply. Thank you!

Ernie,

As an Adecco Staffing Consultant in Bowling Green, Ohio; I cannot speak for the database access that those in the NY Metro Area have access to. I can tell you that I have very limited database access. I am limited to my branch, our sister branches in Toledo, and a branch in Kentucky that I did emergency work for last year. I cannot see customers or open job orders from any other office.

Hope this helps. You're best bet is getting with the branch that posted the job. They've got the most incentive to fill the position.

Good Luck! Call me if you're ever looking for work in Bowling Green!

86 months ago

Dear Ernie,

In truth, I haven't figured out just HOW Adecco works (working on it, as I'd like to expose the wrongdoing here). I'm not sure of the extent of the database, but it does exist, at least throughout Pittsburgh and its suburbs. There were times when I dealt with them (thank God it was only a short while) when they reprimanded me for not replying to "postings" I never received and said I missed positions because of it. I tend to be meticiulous when it comes to details--I don't "miss" job openings. So I chose to phone only those offices where I was treated well, and it was still disappointing. If I called often, they were annoyed; if I didn't called, they were annoyed. It was a huge "Catch-22."

I don't want to generalize because I'm certain that there are some very sincere Adecco representatives working hard, but I don't believe they're doing much for you at all except causing you frustration (I'd like you to avoid that, as I've "been there"). You write beautifully and your talent is showing. Trust me here, please, although I'm a stranger, and see what you can do on your own. Once I was away from them, I had a renewed sense of freedom and was actually offered "plumb" positions. They tend to try to undermine your education, skills, and self-esteem, and they are just tiring. Venturi Staffing was more responsive to me and said they appreciated the fact that I was a "professional" with a background in education. They refused to put me in $7/hour positions with mind-numbing work (I was only between teaching jobs and all I could think was that I was blessed that I didn't really "need" them as many others did). The woman with whom I worked at Venturi had been in industry for years and it was evident by her professionalism and attitude. Give them a try rather than Adecco and let me know how it goes. I'll do whatever I can on my end to help, if there is anything. This ridiculous behavior has to cease!

God Bless and let me know,
Gigi

86 months ago

Dear Ernie,

Did some research for you--go to eng.adecco.ru/mass_recruitment and you'll see that Adecco uses a database. Keep something in mind: Many times it happens that, if they offer you ANY job and you turn it down, they're done with you. A friend of mine is a nurse. Her husband is an engineer and lost his job. He went to Adecco; for two years he had to clear roadside litter and clean asbestos, etc. before they put him in an office!

Consider networking, please. I already advised you to do this, but I can't recall if I told you this: When I was hired at my present teaching position, it was in large part due to the fact that a business/technology teacher who sponsored the Future Business Leaders of America recommended me to be hired when he had to take a leave for knee surgery). I hadn't seen him for fifteen years and my school competed again his, but he told the administration that he admired the fact that I ran an FBLA chapter alone in a tough school district and it went surprisingly well. I thank the God for that daily.

Last but NEVER least--Ernie, I'm not "politically correct." Pray and ask the Lord to help, as He knows your every need. If you don't believe, I respect that completely, but I am praying FOR you.

God Bless,
Gigi

HEATHER BARBER in Quincy, Illinois

85 months ago

Let me add my 2 cents about this crappy company....My recruiter, who was even the manager of the office in my hometown, ended up taking the job I interviewed for. It was posted for a week. Great pay and the only people they interviewed was me and her. I couldn't beleive she had the guts to admit it to me she was leaving b/c she was hired at the job I wanted and was qualified for!!! I complained to the corp office...assuming this is the one in NY? Does anybody know if this is corp? It was the 877# on the back of the employee handbook?? The HR lady called me back and said there was nothing wrong with what she did. I said "So it's ok for your recruiters to compete for the same job as me and my fellow co-workers? How is this fair? She has a job. Me and hundreds of others who walk through this door don't." She said there was nothing she could do but to please be assured I could go ahead and continue to apply for positions b/c the recruiter I complained about has no hard feelings.....WTF????? In a professional manner I simply told them I would no longer persue a position with them and I would take this matter elsewhere. Should I even bother? Who else do I complain too?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

screwed by adecco in Clarksville, Tennessee

85 months ago

I could not agree more with your comment. I was deceived by them in order to get me to take the offered contract. When it was all said and done, they did not deliver on their agreement. Offered benefits are terrible!! My advice, if you must use them to acquire work, do not take the offered insurance benefits, they are worthless!!!

Miss Liv in London, United Kingdom

84 months ago

Hi guys,

I have jus finished working for Adecco in London UK and have found them to be rude, lazy and deceitful. I have been told that I cannot accrue holiday pay until I have worked for them for 3 weeks however English law states that I begin to accrue Holiday Pay from the very first day of employment.
Their emails are rude, the interview process is far too long and the consultants obviously could care less. As long as they get their commission, that's all they care about.
I have been treated like a leper even though I am highly educated and polite to them. They seem to forget that we the 'employees' have to be won over to the company as much as the clients do! Such dumbasses.
I fully intent to complain to the governing body here in the UK.
I like the idea of a blog and website as aforementioned - think that to have a safehaven for temp employees is highly desirable.
Best of luck out there everyone, when dealing with Recruitment Consultants, you have to watch your back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Miss Liv in London, United Kingdom said: Hi guys,

I have jus finished working for Adecco in London UK and have found them to be rude, lazy and deceitful. I have been told that I cannot accrue holiday pay until I have worked for them for 3 weeks however English law states that I begin to accrue Holiday Pay from the very first day of employment.
Their emails are rude, the interview process is far too long and the consultants obviously could care less. As long as they get their commission, that's all they care about.
I have been treated like a leper even though I am highly educated and polite to them. They seem to forget that we the 'employees' have to be won over to the company as much as the clients do! Such dumbasses.
I fully intent to complain to the governing body here in the UK.
I like the idea of a blog and website as aforementioned - think that to have a safehaven for temp employees is highly desirable.
Best of luck out there everyone, when dealing with Recruitment Consultants, you have to watch your back!

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your lousy treatment but, as you can tell by this and many other online resources, Adecco is just about the worst agency in the entire universe. So sad that they are global so they can spread the nastiness and unprofessional behaviour to all parts of the world.

Just remember, it's not you. It is Adecco.

All the employees must attend a mandatory "How to be evil in 5 easy steps" orientation program. All of the Adecco offices are alike.

I guess, companies don't read these online boards when they consider hiring an employment agency. If they did, Adecco would be out of business fast and they truly deserve it.

Ernie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I love this quote by Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I just read the post by Miss Liv in the UK, and I am terribly sorry that you endured this. It is chilling to know that "Adecco Hell" exists in other countries.

I am most blessed that I was between jobs when I dealt with them and truly didn't require their services for a long time--I simply wanted to earn a little extra cash before I began as a business instructor in another school. Now I see that it may have been for the best--if I hadn't lived through the bizarre experiences with this so-called "company," I'd think others were kidding. If you are educated and/or have any type of experience, they will do their best to try to work on your self-esteem (meanwhile, they barely speak English). I asked a representative to send me an e-mail regarding an issue and didn't receive it. Three days later I phoned and told her and she said, "Gigi, sometimes it takes days for e-mails to arrive." SHE WASN'T KIDDING! What I learned is that they "used" me as an interview candidate to make a good impression, as I knew how to dress, prepare myself with information about the company, and handle myself. And then they would send in someone to whom they would have to pay a fraction of the pay they would me. God Bless--the best jobs generally aren't advertised, and you will find something to suit your abilities!

83 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: I wish I would have found this site BEFORE I took a job with Adecco in Newark, NJ. It would have saved me a lot of money on blood pressure medication.
Adecco is one of the most poorly run and unprofessional agencies I have ever had the misfortune to work with.
The benefits are an absolute joke. Take the "dental" insurance for example. You pay $15.00 or so, per pay period(weekly) so, that around $60 a month (guesstimate) so, that's over $700.00 a year. The plan caps at $500.00. So, how the heck is that insurance. You would be paying MORE in insurance then if you just paid out of your own pocket?

Obviously, it's an illusion. It LOOKS like they are offering you something when they are not. That is only the tip of iceburg of the numerous and shabby ways that adecco temporary employees are treated. Next, is the "holiday pay" which you have to work 480 hours in the preceeding 13 weeeks. So, what happens if you have a 35 hour work week, or you take a week off for vacation or are out sick, there is no way you will be EVER be qualified for the "holiday" pay.

And,a word about adecco "staff", expect to be treated decently in the first interview, once you take the "job" a whole new and most horrible "staff" awaits you. It's like living in hell, without having to die first to get there.

Enough said!

I quit Adecco for a full time job in April (2008). My wife had a blood clot in her leg, in late November (2007), and she was medically treated accordingly. Around the April time frame (2008), we started getting denials on the insurance coverage. This was by the new insurance carrier "United Health Care" on the January bills. Adecco changed carriers in January and I was not afforded a copy of the health coverage prior. She was hospitalized for a time, but required weekly checks on her blood thinning drugs. All of this non-covered. My question was why? United Health Care said she met her yearly max. of $1000 coverag

83 months ago

screwed by adecco in Clarksville, Tennessee said: I quit Adecco for a full time job in April (2008). My wife had a blood clot in her leg, in late November (2007), and she was medically treated accordingly. Around the April time frame (2008), we started getting denials on the insurance coverage. This was by the new insurance carrier "United Health Care" on the January bills. Adecco changed carriers in January and I was not afforded a copy of the health coverage prior. She was hospitalized for a time, but required weekly checks on her blood thinning drugs. All of this non-covered. My question was why? United Health Care said she met her yearly max. of $1000 coverag

To continue this saga, I was paying for coverage @ 130.00/wk so by the math, it was clear that something wasn't working. My wife and I were saw minimal coverage on meds. I now pay $16.00 total for my meds/month, while I was paying $80.00/month (the Adecco plan) for generics...even the pharmancy said something was wrong. I contacted the benefit providers wanting to understand the situation. The providers told me Adecco set the contract pay rate on scripts/coverage. That they only administered the plan. My Question, seeing I had no coverage, was "had Adecco pocketed my money"? I was paying much more the covered benefit. The reply from "United" was "we cannot confirm that, but you are definately on the right track". Enough confirmation for me.

83 months ago

Your line that Adecco is, "like living in hell, without having to die first to get there" could not be more fitting. Every day I thank God that I didn't need to rely on them for permanent employment as I was between teaching positions and wanted some extra Christmas cash. I would have pulled all the hair from my head. Idea--maybe we should contact the FTC on them. What do you think? I've wanted to do a news story exposing their sleazy tactics on our local news. So very sorry that this happened to you as well . . .

biostat_ca in Mountain View, California

82 months ago

THANK YOU ADECCO!!! (Sorry for posting here, but I cannot find similar board for Roche Molecular). Why do companies like Roche and Genentech hire these firms as it appears that in the long run, Adecco’s hiring practice will not bring the best people and talent to the Roche’s and Genentech’s of the world.

I am truly shocked by the behavior of Adecco recruiters in the SF Bay area. I was informally presented to Adecco for a ROCHE Molecular biostat position in Pleasanton as Adecco is their onsite placement agency. The Adecco agent stated that they would consider me at my rate (around $105 per hour) which is very reasonable as I have over 10 years experience in the field. Then after going through all the forms and sending in executive summary preparation of my person and resume, they stated a week later that … ‘NAH’ … they are now interviewing PhD statisticians at $55 per hour!!!

So they ended up misleading me about being considered at this rate and wasting my time (3 hours). I have since learned that they have also passed on the PhD candidate.

I did some research on Adecco and came across other postings that have opened my eyes about Adecco and other recruiting firms (see this link: www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Adecco/05390c183c137e19787b4a). As a footnote to my experience with Adecco, I left 2 voice messages for the Adecco Pleasanton people and they did not have the professional courtesy to call me back!

ANY COMMENTS and thoughts and how to deal with such professional discourtesies to candidates and then disservices being done to the pharma – biotech company hiring them for their employment needs.

biostat_ca in Mountain View, California

82 months ago

Cont .... )

Questions:
1 - What is happening in the Bay area: It appears that the biostat hourly rates are going ‘way’ low and yet the cost of living has increased dramatically. Any biostat people out there (at DNA) and what are your thoughts?
2 - Is this the Adecco’s and recruiting agencies billing high to clients and paying low to candidates and thereby pocketing a bigger profit?
3 – Why do large Pharma and biotechs deal with questionable practices seen in companies like Adecco (reference my experience and the link: www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Adecco/05390c183c137e19787b4a)
4 - What is current market rate hourly contract for experienced biostat III (MS) and does anyone have insight as to why most CA companies now prefer perm only?
5 – Along the same lines, it appears that the East coast is not going through these changes as seen on the West coast. It appears to be much easier to get an East coast contract at the desired rate. Why is the West coast going this route?

OK thanks all for reading and look fwd to your insight and thoughts. No flaming please. If there are other biostat people out there maybe we can network (email: biostat_ca@ymail.com). Cheers.

DTP2323 in Belleville, Illinois

78 months ago

Still Strong in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: I'm sure the agency contracts a certain $$/hour for a position with the company. However, as forum history has shown, some agencies pockt more of this money than others. ALSO, these are usually the SAME AGENCIES that underpay the temp adn have absolutely no benefits: medical, sick time, or you work 8 months for a louse 2 days vacation! That is what is sickening. They are literally leeching of the "temp employee".

I would like to say that with understanding the business I don't believe you have the insight to make these kind of statements. You may not want to believe it but if an Agency paid sick, vacation, and health the employee would recieve less money on an hourly basis to compensate for the difference. I know that sometimes the amount between pay rate and bill rates seems high but it is not as much as you think. Agencies pays all taxes, work comp ins ect and what is left is not as much as most people think. I have worked for two Technical Staffing companies and recruited for 9 years. Please also remember one real important fact.
The people looking for jobs do not pay Agencies. The fees are paid by the client. I don't understand why people complain so much about a free service. If you don't like staffing companies don't use them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Workinforalivin in Janesville, Wisconsin said: PLEASE can anybody help me?

I worked for Adecco in Wisconsin, for 2 bloody years. I haven't file my 2006 or 2007 taxes, because Adecco hasn't sent me my W2 from last year. When I told them I am going to get an attorney to get it. They stated I would be terminated on the spot if I did. They are well aware I am a single father and can't afford to lost my job. They use this to there advantage when ever they can. They have been months late paying my expense check, which costs me a ton of fee's (which ofcorse they could give a f#@k about.)

Anyways I am hoping that someone has worked for them and was paid from corporate office in NY (only pay center in north America.) That can give me there Employer ID number off there W2 form or if anyone knows how to find their ID number?
Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

That is all BS. You should have been paying attention when it came to taxes. Don't blame someone else. Every American knows they need to pay taxes. Also Adecco can print old W2's in seconds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

JK7796 in East, Texas said: I know someone here has the id number I need. Please help me out. This is the only company I have ever worked for that waits until the last minute to send W-2's. 1/4 of employess dont even receive them. I need to file my taxes asap. I WILL POST the number on my website next year for all employees to get since Adecco cannot get with the program and provide them for us within reasonable time. Yeah they have till the 31st, but why do they wait until the last minute. This company (since I have worked for 3 other temps this year) is the WORST at sending W-2's!!!!! Dont worry everyone next year, every temp that looks up this website will be vindicated for Adecco's assholeness!

The Main reason why it takes so long is that Adecco is the third largest employer in the USA. They don't send W@'s any earlier to their internal employers.
1.Walmart
2.Post Office
3.Adecco

78 months ago

Gigi Sommers DePascale in Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania said: Thanks kindly for your support! I began to have doubts about my own education and skills when it came to Adecco, and they used every tactic to belittle me. Oh, I could write a book on them (perhaps I will). When I tested, I used their software which permitted me to have around fifteen minutes or so to type a simple business letter and correct the spelling errors in the copy from which I read. I'm a business teacher and finished in three minutes--and they claimed I failed because I did it too quickly. I nearly fainted! I asked if I could take it again, and the answer was an empathic "no."

Even though I interviewed continually, they claimed there was no work for me. I contacted their top administration, and all of a sudden a job miraculously "appeared" so that I wouldn't report them further. I am taking this further--to the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, the FTC, and more. In this ridiculous economy, they are doing wrong and I will not stay silent!

They say they are "professional." No, "professional" is the high school where I now teach. The learned administration and faculty could not be more kind or helpful when it comes to anything. They entrusted me to create my own course curriculum--and Adecco thought I was capable of nothing.

What are you going to complain about. That the free service didn't meet your expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Gigi Sommers DePascale in Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania said: Dear Ernie,

Did some research for you--go to eng.adecco.ru/mass_recruitment and you'll see that Adecco uses a database. Keep something in mind: Many times it happens that, if they offer you ANY job and you turn it down, they're done with you. A friend of mine is a nurse. Her husband is an engineer and lost his job. He went to Adecco; for two years he had to clear roadside litter and clean asbestos, etc. before they put him in an office!

Consider networking, please. I already advised you to do this, but I can't recall if I told you this: When I was hired at my present teaching position, it was in large part due to the fact that a business/technology teacher who sponsored the Future Business Leaders of America recommended me to be hired when he had to take a leave for knee surgery). I hadn't seen him for fifteen years and my school competed again his, but he told the administration that he admired the fact that I ran an FBLA chapter alone in a tough school district and it went surprisingly well. I thank the God for that daily.

Last but NEVER least--Ernie, I'm not "politically correct." Pray and ask the Lord to help, as He knows your every need. If you don't believe, I respect that completely, but I am praying FOR you.

God Bless,
Gigi

HI Gigi,
I would like to add that there are offices that I have worked with that are very spiritual and pray every night that God leads them to the people who need the work the most.

Joe Kurtzke in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

78 months ago

I know someone here has the id number I need. Please help me out. This is the only company I have ever worked for that waits until the last minute to send W-2's. 1/4 of employess dont even receive them. I need to file my taxes asap. I WILL POST the number on my website next year for all employees to get since Adecco cannot get with the program and provide them for us within reasonable time. Yeah they have till the 31st, but why do they wait until the last minute. This company (since I have worked for 3 other temps this year) is the WORST at sending W-2's!!!!! Dont worry everyone next year, every temp that looks up this website will be vindicated for Adecco's assholeness! - JK7796 in East, Texas 11 months ago

If I were you the first step would be to file an estimated W2 - the IRS Tax Code allows this - and get your taxes filed. You can then contact any number of Media outlets and request an investigative reporter or you could even publish a FACTUAL whitepaper in the form of a News Release - there are a number of free sites that will do this for you. Once the Press Release has been published it will tend to have a viral effect and get picked up by a number of different sources. You could even then reference the Press Release in any follow up complaints. Addeco and others like them do not really care too much about postings on job sites, and as a matter of fact they even have an acceptable level of complaint that has to be hit before they even begin to look at it seriously. On the other hand, when they start to get negative press form places other than job sites they will take notice more quickly.

d in Westland, Michigan

78 months ago

Hi GiGi,
I am sorry that your husband had a negative eperience with Adecco however there are many hardworking individuals at Adecco and Adecco Engineering & Technical who find very rewarding Professional positions for people everyday. We care about people and do everything we can to meet the needs of our clients,associates and colleagues however we are of course not always able to place everyone who comes to us looking for work on an assignment.
Reputable Employment agencies such as Adecco (and many others)can be a great source in a jobseekers toolbox but should by no means be the only source. Networking is an excellent idea and should definitely be a part of the toolbox as well.
I hope that those who read this will keep an open mind that one negative experience does not necessarily mean you should completely disregard someone or something as a potential avenue that can get you to where you would like to be. I wish Ernie the best of luck in his job search and hope that someone will find this email to be helpful and useful information.
Sincerely,

Darcy Beagan
Branch Manager
Adecco Engineering & Technical

www.adeccousa.com

The world leader in connecting people with the talent they need and the work that they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Wright in Alameda, California

78 months ago

The Bay Area agencies like Adecco are trying very hard to low ball you so that they can make a bigger profit. Pick your wage, the rate that you will not compromise on, and insist on it. The agency will try to get you as low as they can. Stop allowing it.

biostat_ca in Mountain View, California said: Cont .... )

Questions:
1 - What is happening in the Bay area: It appears that the biostat hourly rates are going ‘way’ low and yet the cost of living has increased dramatically. Any biostat people out there (at DNA) and what are your thoughts?
2 - Is this the Adecco’s and recruiting agencies billing high to clients and paying low to candidates and thereby pocketing a bigger profit?
3 – Why do large Pharma and biotechs deal with questionable practices seen in companies like Adecco (reference my experience and the link: www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Adecco/05390c183c137e19787b4a )
4 - What is current market rate hourly contract for experienced biostat III (MS) and does anyone have insight as to why most CA companies now prefer perm only?
5 – Along the same lines, it appears that the East coast is not going through these changes as seen on the West coast. It appears to be much easier to get an East coast contract at the desired rate. Why is the West coast going this route?

OK thanks all for reading and look fwd to your insight and thoughts. No flaming please. If there are other biostat people out there maybe we can network (email: biostat_ca@ymail.com). Cheers.

F.S. in Lynn, Massachusetts

64 months ago

d in Westland, Michigan said: Hi GiGi,
I am sorry that your husband had a negative eperience with Adecco however there are many hardworking individuals at Adecco and Adecco Engineering & Technical who find very rewarding Professional positions for people everyday. We care about people and do everything we can to meet the needs of our clients,associates and colleagues however we are of course not always able to place everyone who comes to us looking for work on an assignment.
Reputable Employment agencies such as Adecco (and many others)can be a great source in a jobseekers toolbox but should by no means be the only source. Networking is an excellent idea and should definitely be a part of the toolbox as well.
I hope that those who read this will keep an open mind that one negative experience does not necessarily mean you should completely disregard someone or something as a potential avenue that can get you to where you would like to be. I wish Ernie the best of luck in his job search and hope that someone will find this email to be helpful and useful information.
Sincerely,

Darcy Beagan
Branch Manager

www.adeccousa.com

The world leader in connecting people with the talent they need and the work that they want.

Everyday I get spam e-mails from Adecco about jobs that meet my skills yet no one ever calls or follows up. So what's the point to this e-mail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Raleigh, North Carolina

61 months ago

F.S. in Lynn, Massachusetts said: Everyday I get spam e-mails from Adecco about jobs that meet my skills yet no one ever calls or follows up. So what's the point to this e-mail?

I have worked with Adecco in Raleigh, NC and thoroughly enjoyed their staff and working with them. The 2nd day I was there, company decided to change my supervisor, my position title, and responsibilities. Adecco was very good working with me and I will go back to them when I search again. The recruiter I worked with was awesome. The receptionist was such a delight, also. With probably >35 recruiting companies (and I've met with at least 15 of them), they were the best-reliable, honest, and forthcoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

61 months ago

d in Westland, Michigan said: Hi GiGi,
Sincerely,

Darcy Beagan
Branch Manager

www.adeccousa.com

About the $$$$$$s dollars. We job candidates are merely the inventory to these billion dollar, fortune 100 companies that make millions of dollars off us every month. If you don't fit in with the client then there's the door and don't come back. If 5 years from you finally fit in then may be they'll call you in but you have to be nice. LOL

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico

59 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: I wish I would have found this site BEFORE I took a job with Adecco in Newark, NJ. It would have saved me a lot of money on blood pressure medication.
Adecco is one of the most poorly run and unprofessional agencies I have ever had the misfortune to work with.
The benefits are an absolute joke. Take the " dental " insurance for example. You pay $15.00 or so, per pay period(weekly) so, that around $60 a month (guesstimate) so, that's over $700.00 a year. The plan caps at $500.00. So, how the heck is that insurance. You would be paying MORE in insurance then if you just paid out of your own pocket?

Obviously, it's an illusion. It LOOKS like they are offering you something when they are not. That is only the tip of iceburg of the numerous and shabby ways that adecco temporary employees are treated. Next, is the "holiday pay" which you have to work 480 hours in the preceeding 13 weeeks. So, what happens if you have a 35 hour work week, or you take a week off for vacation or are out sick, there is no way you will be EVER be qualified for the "holiday" pay.

And,a word about adecco "staff", expect to be treated decently in the first interview, once you take the "job" a whole new and most horrible "staff" awaits you. It's like living in hell, without having to die first to get there.

Enough said!

you sound terribly bitter. I am a recruiter and I have nothing but the best interest in mind of the people I place!!!

59 months ago

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts said: About the $$$$$$s dollars. We job candidates are merely the inventory to these billion dollar, fortune 100 companies that make millions of dollars off us every month. If you don't fit in with the client then there's the door and don't come back. If 5 years from you finally fit in then may be they'll call you in but you have to be nice. LOL

I am a recruiter and yes you are right, if you dont fit in with the client, why do you remotely think I am interested in having you back? there's a myriad of reasons why you wouldn't fit in. If you dont make recruiters look good, why in the world would I want to represent you? WAKE UP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

F.S. in Lynn, Massachusetts said: Everyday I get spam e-mails from Adecco about jobs that meet my skills yet no one ever calls or follows up. So what's the point to this e-mail?

As a recruiter myself, "call me crazy" but what about some initiative from your end and following up yourself??? this staffing Co is already doing you the favor of letting you know of opportunities in line with your background, OK well then,- you're saying you can't pick up the phone and dial?? do you also expect the recruiting Co to interview for you? give me a break and assume personal responsibility for your lack of initiative. Unbelievable

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Raleigh, North Carolina

59 months ago

Frustration from both. Worked w/Adecco-very satisfied with them & listed w/> 10 companies.
Agencies depend on companies/market to fill positions. Companies not always honest w/needs. Agencies can only fill positions w/inventory. Sometimes agencies place in positions that someone is over/underqualified for &/or rate that gives them a profit acceptable to agency. Also, if you find the job &/or your "supervisor" is not acceptable, you are supposed to be able to withdraw from job with no repercussions, not always so. One job "boss" was not following corp guidelines, unreliable (to point his office being moved next to his bosses), etc. Gave 2 week notice to agency & "boss". Next day, he had me go home after 2 hrs and told the agency I walked out. Facts: day I left, he was the one following me out of the lobby in front of his co-workers yelling "that he was not through with me" yet. Bottom line: this is a great agency, but, they blocked me from further jobs and I was told I had no recourse.

Another company I worked with, misrepresented the job - I was hired with a rather open job description. First day, I was told I would be reporting to a different person (not a pleasant person). After requesting a real description at least 5 times, I decided this job was not for me - how can I meet goals if I don't know what the job is? The agency did try to speak for me, that went no where.

Benefits @ temp agencies difficult to meet, especially right now. Company >30 CONSECUTIVE weeks @ 30 hrs or more - for vacation and could not take any days before or after the requested week. Also, had to work week before & after holiday to get holiday pay. Past 3 yrs working temp, this is impossible to meet. Most jobs were 2-3 wks long and if agency had no openings, I was out of luck. Also, a couple companies said I was to be exclusive to them, um no.
But, one of my last jobs, ended in being perm position w/wonderful staff and fabulous boss. You have to sometimes kiss a bunch of frogs.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

58 months ago

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: As a recruiter myself, "call me crazy" but what about some initiative from your end and following up yourself??? this staffing Co is already doing you the favor of letting you know of opportunities in line with your background, OK well then,- you're saying you can't pick up the phone and dial?? do you also expect the recruiting Co to interview for you? give me a break and assume personal responsibility for your lack of initiative. Unbelievable

They (the recruiters) act 'put upon' if you dare ever contact them (without responding to THEIR call first). I dared called Adecco to follow up on a position of their reps called me about a week earlier. The person (nahilla??) was very unprofessional actually had a hissy fit on the phone about why I dared call to follow up and how she 'hadn't heard anything and "Why am I calling her"?

58 months ago

FINE, if you are not getting a response from the person who called you (there are a gazillion people looking for work nowadays and sorry with this economy you are far from being the only one) ask to talk to the branch manager or simply head over there. stop complaining and start moving

58 months ago

RSK in Raleigh, North Carolina said: As an Account Exec for a reputable staffing company, I agree with Sarah. You couldn't have said it better! We do not determine the pay rate for our candidates, our client and the market determine these. To those folks who are having a hard time with staffing companies, do your homework first!!

At the end of the day it is a business, ...obviously...if you as a candidate can do a better job finding your own opportunities then why are you knocking on a recruiter's door?

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

58 months ago

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: FINE, if you are not getting a response from the person who called you (there are a gazillion people looking for work nowadays and sorry with this economy you are far from being the only one) ask to talk to the branch manager or simply head over there. stop complaining and start moving

There are? really?? Is that an excuse to be rude to someone because they are looking for a job (which makes someone a 'loser & tard' according to what I hear on talk radio)

This recruiter contacts me about a job, tells me I would be a great fit and that 'she would be "shocked" if the hiring manager didn't want to see me'. Then she acts put upon and has a hissy fit like a 16 year old girl when I called to dare check up. I was very nice when I called. Her name is Nihilla or Nihillie out of the Boston office.

58 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: I wish I would have found this site BEFORE I took a job with Adecco

Enough said!

This staffing firm is NOT obliged in offering you anything...you are lucky to have found a job through them in the first place. Why dont you count your blessings? imagine that? We really have become a nation of WHINERS....pay for it yourself and I guarantee you it will be more expensive. OR simply go without and look at the "positives": offering you a job, opportunity to be hired permanently, experience etc...your bitterness will come across in your work performance with this firm or any other Co. If you feel you can do a better job on your OWN then why are you knocking at their door???? Do it yourself and stop complaining

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

NewtoABQ in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: This staffing firm is NOT obliged in offering you anything...you are lucky to have found a job through them in the first place. Why dont you count your blessings? imagine that? We really have become a nation of WHINERS....pay for it yourself and I guarantee you it will be more expensive. OR simply go without and look at the "positives": offering you a job, opportunity to be hired permanently, experience etc...your bitterness will come across in your work performance with this firm or any other Co. If you feel you can do a better job on your OWN then why are you knocking at their door???? Do it yourself and stop complaining

So,are you saying that nobody should take a job from a staffing agency? That's a good idea. I agree with you. Never take a job from a staffing agency. And, especially not from Adecco. Thank you, for bringing that point into the spotlight. You've been a tremendous help!

58 months ago

OK, I agree a bad attitude is uncalled for, but moving on.- talked to the branch manager

58 months ago

YES do it on your own. again, read the posting...this staffing company is NOT obliged in offering you benefits. If you feel you can do a better job on your OWN then why are you knocking at their door???? Do it yourself and stop complaining.

58 months ago

The whole point of my post was to enlighten people that adecco is not technically offering any benefits. They are offering to let you buy benefits so, the term "benefit" as if it is something "additional" that you are receiving, is misleading. I think you missed that.

58 months ago

they offer benefits at a discounted rate. I'm well familiar with that-they in fact work with United Healthcare. If you are waiting for FREE healthcare, you got to wait til Obama care kicks in 2010 and even then it wont be free, the US taxpayer will pick up the tab

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.