Some Good Advice for a Lousy Industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 110 of 110)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey

55 months ago

You are incorrect. I gave my example of how their dental plan is not discounted at all. You end up paying
more in premiums then you get in "insurance". It's misleading to say the least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dirty Dingus McGee in Like i'm gonna tell you, Washington

54 months ago

I agree with Ernie. You're better off buying the insurance plan for poor people in your individual state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

confused in Indianapolis, Indiana

31 months ago

First off I'm not a fan of Adecco but it would be helpful for people to understand staffing is a business. There is alot more that goes in to the expenses than just those related directly to the employee. When the job ends - the agency pays for the unemployment, if there is an accident - they agency pays, if for some reason there is a lawsuit - the agency pays. The agency has rent, staff salaries, insurance (errors and omissions insurance is expensive), commission (most good recruiters make a very decent living and should - it's a hard job), advertising, wining & dining clients, training & staff development, ect. Staffing is not a high profit margin business in fact the biggies like Adecco make almost nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Raleigh, North Carolina

31 months ago

When the job ends - the agency pays for the unemployment, if there is an accident - they agency pays, if for some reason there is a lawsuit - the agency pays.

I understand that agencies have expenses, been there, have the t-shirt and broke the mug. However, when did they EVER pay unemployment. I have worked with at least 6 agencies and when my jobs ended, I never got umemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Adecco S.A.

Type Société Anonyme
Traded as SIX: ADEN,
Industry Recruitment
Founded 1996
Headquarters Glattbrugg, Switzerland
Area served Worldwide
Key people Patrick De Maeseneire (CEO), Rolf Dörig (Chairman)
Services Employment agencies, human resources services
Revenue €20.5 billion (2011)[1]
Operating income €763 million (2011)[1]
Profit €519 million (2011)[1]
Total assets €8.879 billion (end 2010)[1]
Total equity €3.567 billion (end 2010)[1]
Employees 33,000 (FTE, end 2011)[1]
Website www.adecco.com

I guess you think 519 Million Euro is almost nothing.It is NOT almost nothing in my book or any book for that matter. Please post something that makes more sense. Adecco is an enormously profitable company and they do not share that profit with any employee what so ever. If you want to state an opinion that you think they are wonderful, that is your right but, you stated as fact something that is NOT so. Have a profitable day!!! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Skotyynello

22 months ago

What is the pelenty of quiting without any notice with addeco?!
Is their even a pelenty?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Skotyynello said: What is the pelenty of quiting without any notice with addeco?!
Is their even a pelenty?

No,there is no penalty but, I doubt that Adecco would
send you out on any more assignments if you quit one
without giving notice. That's just my opinion.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

22 months ago

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey said: No,there is no penalty but, I doubt that Adecco would
send you out on any more assignments if you quit one
without giving notice. That's just my opinion.

I saw Skotyynello posts earlier and couldn't figure out what she meant by pelenty? LOL!

Stl in Saint Louis, Missouri

5 months ago

The office staff are horrible. They don't find you valuable as an employee. Office personnel talk to you like you are children. I had completed an assignment and didn't want to use them afterwards so when I put in for foodstamps the adecco personnel wrote on foodstamps employement verification form I had quit even though my assignment was complete and they didn't offer me anymore work. I called corporate and the only thing the guy was worried about was getting the name of the person @ the foodstamp office that told me what the personnel put down in the termination spot. Don't work for ADECCO in St. Louis city on Broadway, bad experience nasty attitude of staff. There were some staff in that office who were nice but unfortunately the 1 personnel worker was trying to do me in

Stl in Saint Louis, Missouri

5 months ago

Also the office on Broadway in St. Louis MO, even if your not currently working on assignment for them and tell them not to call u back for anything in the future the staff member said she will send to the unemployement office that you quit.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.