Temp To Hire Jobs Do Not Lead To Permanent Hire

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Digruntled in Manorville, New York

25 months ago

Having already attempted to post in the reviews section and being shut down due to "inappropriate language", I am posting here in the hopes that desperate job-seekers will see this before wasting their time with Adecco.

Temp jobs are just that. Do not waste your time thinking that you will be hired on as a permanent. This happens rarely. Adecco has an agreement with the companies that if they want to, they may end an assignment at any time. Then they wait a month, and then run their ad again, hoping for another gullible temp.

During employment, the companies offering temp employment run a tight ship - no days off, no exceptions, no mistakes, etc. They force you to work at your top speed, and expect top-notch work.

In return for your doubled efforts, they end the assignment claiming "lack of funds" to hire you as a permanent worker.
****In this way, they can have full-time employees without having to offer benefits.
****This is the new scam!!!**** It legally allows companies not to give benefits!!! Beware.

There is a plus to this - Adecco offers a training website free of charge that allows you to learn software, business skills, even management training. Take advantage of it while you are still on their payroll, get the skills that you need to move up and away from them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

None of Your Bidness in New York, New York

20 months ago

Solomon page agency did this to me. they suck for this. don't ever work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

20 months ago

Digruntled in Manorville, New York said: - Adecco offers a training website free of charge that allows you to learn software, business skills, even management training. Take advantage of it while you are still on their payroll, get the skills that you need to move up and away from them!

Your local One Stop - Dept of Labor office offers this free training also. I think it's called Metrics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.