ADT Security Services Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at ADT Security Services?

What do you like best about working at ADT Security Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Madison, Connecticut

39 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at ADT Security Services?

What do you like best about working at ADT Security Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Salary: No. But you do get training wages for a while. They are not substantial though

Bonuses: Not really. You can get get "kickers" for exceeding goal on a monthly basis. If you're a rock star and can do it twelve months in a row, it amounts to about $4800/yr.

Benefits: Yes. They are reasonably good and kick in pretty quickly if you want them. The cost of the benefits is the problem. While not overly expensive, your commissions are not huge either, so they'll put a dent in your pay check.

Travel Requirements: Are Absurd. Unless you live in a city and can travel by foot to your locales, you'll put over 30K/year on your car for this job. Bear in mind you do not get reimbursed for mileage... This is one of the worst aspects of this job.

The only real perk is you can kind of set your own schedule. Having said that, management will ride you like a beaten dog for better numbers all the time, so unless you can put in perspective, you'll feel like you should be working 60+ hour weeks. I could go on, but there are really no good reasons to work here. I took this job and worked VERY hard for over 12 months hoping it would be a solid source of income and since then have actually taken another job and am doing this on the side b/c the income is so poor and unpaid expenses are so high.

I would not suggest working here in a sales format to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Borgus in Olympia, Washington

19 months ago

tb5717 in Phoenix, Arizona said:

The average car salesperson sells 7-8 a month. At 6-10 a week I would have retired years ago. The average car guy/gal makes $40k a year. Good ones...$80k...great ones...$100k plus. Not trying to be a smart ass, just wanted those interested to know the truth.

18yr veteran of car sales/management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Oak Park, Illinois

4 months ago

I sold cars and I got tired of sitting around the show room smoking waiting for people to walk in that don't come.

Selling security is easy because people need it. Giving away a system is not like selling something like a car where they need lots of money or a big payment. People need no money to get the ADT service Installed.

Companies like ADT have huge budgets to pay to put the system in and to have people like me do the work. I earn between $1500 - $2000 per week and usually a grand or more bonus a month. If you do the math a bad year is 78K for me and an average is over $100K but you have to work, and have to invest 8 hours a day just like any other job. It cost about .28 cents per mile to run a car gas and all so that's like 7500 per year and I write that all off so I pay no tax on that money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.