commercial account executive with ADT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

dallas5224 in Lincoln, Nebraska

72 months ago

does anyone or has anyone worked with ADT as a commercial account executive? I am scheduled to have an interview with ADT on Wednesday for this position? How is the pay? Is it strictly cold calling? etc. thanks for any input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

harlan1s in Columbia, Maryland

70 months ago

TwoTour in Fort Benning, Georgia said: I'd be curious about this too. I just applied for a position myself, so have not even been contacted for an interview, but I am curious about what to expect.

I've read comments on here that are at the extremes of unhappiness and then the positive.

Thanks

I know what you mean. I had an interview there a few days ago and was lied to.
Before the interview they told me I would be doing resets/move-ins (people who bought new homes or apartments and a system was there) and new installs (that would include CCTV, multi room systems, panic rooms etc..).

When I got there I was told no new sales at this office, only resets. I was leary about that. I found that the manager, doesn't get paid. She only gets over-rides. There is no opportunity for promotion.

Then she lied to me directly.
She told me there was no opportunity right then because she had a new team in place and wanted to see how it went. Then she said she was looking for 2-3 new people and would let me know in a week where I stood but didn't know when I would be brought in. What is this woman smoking.

Then I inquire about a coupon I saw for new systems. I was told that was a vendor authorized for sales. Oh, that adds to my competition and makes the job harder.

The coupon also said there is a monthly fee of 49.95. Does that mean our commission is 5.00 a month. OMG it would be impossible to sell that many systems to make it possible to live on.

There is almost no way to transfer into sales of new installs and ADT is also a division of another company TYCO.

Check out the company thoroughly before accepting an employment offer. Go on an interview for yourself and use your own judgement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.