Advantage Sales and Marketing News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 122)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Advantage Sales and Marketing stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

john peteerson in Ormond Beach, Florida

88 months ago

they are slowly dying as all manufacturers are cutting down on their expenses and trying to get them to spend more of their money. They keep losing lines and as a result offer no stability to their sales people. They pay low wages and watch you like a hawk. They watch all expenses and expect you to have none or minimal. The way they run their business is totally ridiculous in today's business environment. With gas over $3 in most areas, their people are expected to eat most of it. In my opinion, BROKERS never carried the proper respect in the food industry because they always lied. I would'nt work for them for any money in the world. here today, gone tomorrow. Their mentality now is do more with less people, if at all possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Cincinnati, Ohio

87 months ago

I worked for ASM all they did the whole time was cut this and cut that!
This last time they told us that would not pay us for the 4th of july because it fell on our regular off day!! What a crock!!!
Terrible bosses, but i bet they get will get huge bonuses this year!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

The Queen in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

I used to work for a company that did business with ASM.
ASM never paid their bills on time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry McCain in Redmond, Washington

82 months ago

What is going on with the Home Depot Division of ASM?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry McCain in Redmond, Washington

81 months ago

Sherry McCain in Redmond, Washington said: What is going on with the Home Depot Division of ASM?

ANYONE? I could use some insight!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

water lover

81 months ago

Hi Sherry,
I applied for a Home Depot Merchandiseing position with ASM last week. I have worked for ASM as a Merchandiser for the last 3 years covering a large territory. I received a 435.00 a month car allowance and a gas card plus an average hourly wage.
With the home center job I interviewed for my travel time would be two hours a day(50 miles each way). NO gas money and they could only give me $13.00 an hour, NO thanks...but having been in the home depot store and talking to staff I have learned that home depot will not be renewing there contract with ASM. Home Depot will be covering ALL MERCHANDISING jobs in house within the next year to year and a half. NO MORE OUT SIDE companies will be doing merchandising work fo HD...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WageSlave in San Jose, California

81 months ago

I'm currently employed as a Merchandiser with ASM in the Northern California area, servicing Home Depot stores, and have been for almost 1 year.

On Friday Jan 18 the districts in this region all had 50% staff reductions. There's only a few people left on our "team".

Several months ago ASM lost the Dept. 29 contract (Kitchen and Bath) to CrossMark. On Feb 1st Home Depot will take over and service Dept. 28 (Indoor/Outdoor Garden) themselves, which was previously handled by ASM and another company (also CrossMark i believe). That leaves 2 depts in Home Depot handled by ASM, and if Home Depot has their way we'll be out of those too when the contract expires. Home Depot is bleeding money, cutting their own hours and staff trying to cut expenses, one way is to reduce the number of different vendors in stores.

Wages for all ASM retail associates here is $13/hr, 1-yr raises range from 0 - 30 cents/hr, mileage is virtually impossible to get. There's 3 paid holidays per year. I'm not even sure what the sick day/vacation policy is any more it's changed so many times.

Turnover among associates is huge, it's rare to work with anyone who's been on the job for over a yr. Morale is miserable, everyone hates the work, which is basically being a glorified stockboy.

No one wants to stick it out the 2-4 years to become a District Manager, DM starting wages are in the $35K range and the ones i know personally are swamped, working 60-80 hour weeks. Basically the only people who work at ASM long term are Losers who are unable to do anything else.

What ASM offers is a No Future - Just Passing Through grunt job, not a career; something to pay the rent for a few months while you look for a REAL job. And frankly this is true of all these "merchandising / vendor" crap jobs with Advantage, CrossMark, CrossRoads, Cosmo, Stan Tashman, etc. etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WageSlave in San Jose, California

81 months ago

Oh btw there's a lawsuit in progress here filed by a former employee on October 12, 2007 against ASM for violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, specifically wages and overtime pay.

Google: Mead v. Advantage Sales & Marketing
for more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

water lover

81 months ago

You are so right abot ASM. I was just hired by Home Depot as a NEW EXECUTION MERCHANDISER(lawn and garden dept.) I'm looking forward to this position. I don't want to say what state I'm in but I will be starting at $15.00 and hour + .37 cents a mile. I also worked for ASM for 3 years, and every thing you wrote in your posting is what I saw while I was there too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

water lover

81 months ago

All of the new merchandising execution team positions HAVE BEEN FILLED. We are all training this week and are to be in our stores Feb. 4th. I would say to just watch your local job posting(Home Depot)site and see if the position appears in the future...
water lover

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeannie Robinson in Poway, California

80 months ago

Can you tell me where I can get more information on the ASM Lawsuit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonomoose in Williamsburg, Virginia

79 months ago

Wage Slave:

I appreciate your frustration. I worked for ASM as a DM for 3 years and I saw alot of good people get laid off rehired etc. I was very fortunate to dodge the bullet, let me tell you my story this may change your opinion of vendor/merch jobs as being not what you want.

I started as a merchandiser for tools in 2003 for another company. I hated it. I went on to a sales job and I didnt think I would ever go back to merchandising. However a DM role with advantage came up and since I had some management and some merch skills I was hired.

After watching 3 years of lay offs I went to a manufactuer first (huge wake up call) and then to be a merchandising manager with a distributor. Not where I thought I would be when I putting up tools LOL!! But I am happy.

So there can be a career in merchandising the key is to be ready for lay offs if your going to do it with a broker. Or do like me and get away from the broker and to a Manufactuer or Distributor (I have worked for both I like a distributor better at this point in my life)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yahoo in new york, New York

79 months ago

Anonomoose in Williamsburg, Virginia said: Wage Slave:

I appreciate your frustration. I worked for ASM as a DM for 3 years and I saw alot of good people get laid off rehired etc. I was very fortunate to dodge the bullet, let me tell you my story this may change your opinion of vendor/merch jobs as being not what you want.

I started as a merchandiser for tools in 2003 for another company. I hated it. I went on to a sales job and I didnt think I would ever go back to merchandising. However a DM role with advantage came up and since I had some management and some merch skills I was hired.

After watching 3 years of lay offs I went to a manufactuer first (huge wake up call) and then to be a merchandising manager with a distributor. Not where I thought I would be when I putting up tools LOL!! But I am happy.

So there can be a career in merchandising the key is to be ready for lay offs if your going to do it with a broker. Or do like me and get away from the broker and to a Manufactuer or Distributor (I have worked for both I like a distributor better at this point in my life)

thanks for the info.Do you know if any distributors looking for help.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonomoose in Williamsburg, Virginia

79 months ago

Check with Quality King. They are on long Island. You should be able to find their number online somewhere.

Disapointed in Utah

77 months ago

I have to say that when I first read these post on here i thought ,wow most of these are just plain awfull messages about this company. I dont say that anymore. I was called for an interview by a private recruiting office out of Cal that ASM uses to get employees.I was told the wage was between $10 and 14.00 dollars DOE.I told them I would not except less then $14 because of my experience. I was the only person there at the DWS office and when i got there the interviewer was chit chatting with a different company representative who was there to bring in employees for his company. I stood there in front of the hireing supervisor for 15 minutes and wouldn't even acknowledge me. He could at least said" I be right with you, no instead he was talking about how he wants to get out of that buisness and so on... Anyways after i finally had to interupt him, I talked with him for maybe 10 min the most and then he told me a whole lot of BS. I was called the same day again to be told they want to hire me and that I should come in for another interview. I went in and there was no interview. Filled out a buch of paperwork. Then he said we will pay you $12.00 AFTER I TOLD HIM I WOULDNT EXCEPT LESS THEN $14.00 and hour and all we had to do is wait till your MVR(Motor Vehicle Report) comes back. he told me i should be working within 3 to 4 days. 3 to 4 days ...what a joke It took 3 weeks, after I had to call and push them for answers to why i wasnt working yet. I was constantly told one thing and the nextday another. I was told lies after lies. I finally got a starting day and never got the promised emails with the information to were i would begin work that Monday. So Monday came and had no information to were i was soppose to be. He calls me an hour and half later and demands me to get to the work site or else.. I say i have never seen such an unprofessionalism from any other company. Heck Walmart treats their employees better then that. I would really reconsider if i were you !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ASM Employee in New Bremen, Ohio

64 months ago

I work for ASM. I love it. I work by myself and no one is watching me like a hawk. I can just stand there for 6 hours, get people excited and promote what they need me too. You can't live off the money they pay you, but it's good for a supplement income. My boss is really nice and understanding. I asked him for more hours and now I have them.

If you can't do this job, you're just plain lazy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed ASM Employee in Lake Villa, Illinois

49 months ago

I've worked for ASM for 3 months now. Its sounding like a scam. They say I will get paid for fuel and my time going through Food Certification. It seems to be a runaround. I started out having 4 jobs a week, now I'm down to 1 if that.

They told me materials I need to do my job would be there locked in a special cabinet. They were not, nor was the cabinet locked.

There are no pay stubs for my direct deposited wages. I've kept a journal of my expenses and my grievances with them. Now I'm going to approach my district manager about it, who never seems to give me any responses to anything I've asked.

I used to question if she was a real person for 3 months until I met her at my food certification test. The test just so happened to be at a church, which I thought was interesting.

Its just a shell game keeping me away from expenses I paid for. I have a feeling I'll just be let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sitebender in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I noticed that Advantage Sales & Marketing is a very generic name. That's a redflag right there. Why not call it "Good Cooking." That would be even more generic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Why do I have to wear an apron and hat that are trademarked Good Cooking? Bud Mayer isn't generic. Good Cooking and Advantage Sales Marketing is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nikki10923 in houston, Texas

46 months ago

Haven't heard. What is the lawsuit about? I'm an ASM ES at Sams' club.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lonand313 in Southgate, Michigan

46 months ago

nikki10923 in houston, Texas said: Haven't heard. What is the lawsuit about? I'm an ASM ES at Sams' club.

It's a class action lawsuit against Advantage, that's all that I know at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lonand313 in Southgate, Michigan

46 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: I was laid off last January and about a month ago I received a letter from lawyers representing 2 people/class action lawsuit for unpaid overtime....which is a joke we never got over time....unless they are talking about all the times we did our itenerarys for free because we never had time left on the clock or all the times we helped supervisors with their work for free......losing my job was the best thing that ever happened....at the time it certainly didn't feel like that....but now everyone has lost their car allowance and gas cards....now I work for a grocery chain less than 2 miles from my house and don't have to put up with their crap job and crap pay

That happens to be so true, I never gotten over time from this company either & I tried like hell to get it, but always denied. Oh well. Glad to hear that you found something better, sometimes it takes seeking else where to find the right position within companies. Best of Luck....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

clpcool in Cabot, Arkansas

45 months ago

Terri in Tampa, Florida said: I have worked for the company for over five years......I can see why some people did not get hired just from their posts here, full of glaring grammatical and punctuation errors etc...I suggest going to the library and check out a book to polish up your resume' or there are many sites online... instead of vetching...Advantage used to be just in the Southeast and now is a huge National company that employs over 12,000 people. No company is perfect and certainly one that has grown as fast as Advantage.....and for the ones already employed and not happy I suggest looking elsewhere......just my thoughts

I agree 100% with you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I am still working for the company and they seem to be playing a game of find the money. They promise to pay you for supplies, fuel or time spent studying for food safety certification tests. They don't. I get sent from place to place. Most of the time I never hear anything back from my manager, but she's the first to say if there are any questions to ask. She's very slow to do anything. I'd like to go above her and get some real answers, but I think part of their game is to keep employees in the dark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

PostMaster in Lincoln Park, Michigan

45 months ago

Terri in Tampa, Florida said: I have worked for the company for over five years......I can see why some people did not get hired just from their posts here, full of glaring grammatical and punctuation errors etc...I suggest going to the library and check out a book to polish up your resume' or there are many sites online... instead of vetching...Advantage used to be just in the Southeast and now is a huge National company that employs over 12,000 people. No company is perfect and certainly one that has grown as fast as Advantage.....and for the ones already employed and not happy I suggest looking elsewhere......just my thoughts

Say What?!! Look (a.h) don't come on here trying to make people feel bad, it's bad enough that they are going through what they are with this company. My guess would be that you are a D.M undercover, stressed out from all the work that they make you do (busted) Maybe, you should have worded your comment with grammatical and punctuation errors. It wouldn't been so obvious,no need for that..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

clpcool in Cabot, Arkansas said: I agree 100% with you!

Well you don't say......

45 months ago

sitebender in Chicago, Illinois said: I am still working for the company and they seem to be playing a game of find the money. They promise to pay you for supplies, fuel or time spent studying for food safety certification tests. They don't. I get sent from place to place. Most of the time I never hear anything back from my manager, but she's the first to say if there are any questions to ask. She's very slow to do anything. I'd like to go above her and get some real answers, but I think part of their game is to keep employees in the dark.

sitebender: have your tried contacting whomever your d.m boss may happen to be. Just like you have to answer to her/him, they have someone that they have to answer too as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: HAHAHA, If you had looked at my post it was an old post and as a matter of fact no I was just a plain ole' RSM and was laid off last January along with 49 other people in 3 states.....and had you read the posts they were full of misspelled words etc....now I can care less as you can see what being a dedicated employee gets you (laid off) and gee I'm sorry I don't want to come back as part time or even full-time as they have taken everyone's car allowance and gas card away...it's ok I have another job thank you very much....you think you're so clever but thanks for thinking I was a smart (coughs) DM :)

I really could have cared less how old the reply was. When other people were on here stating their opinions & concerns about ASM, you were rude, nasty & demeaning there employment skills. Now that it has happen to you, doesn't feel so good, now does it. (now, you have walked in others shoes, as well ) What do they say about KARMA...it's a what, oh yeah that's right a _ITCH!!!!

p.s: and on the DM comment,I know better & so do you.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: well gee I didn't think it was rude it was the truth and it wasn't nasty it was the truth and well yes it may have been demeaning but so be it....as their posts were full of grammatical errors and maybe that is why their resume' was thrown in the trash and they never heard anything back from the company.....as far as me walking in their shoes....I don't think so as I was employed there and they were awaiting word to see if they were hired....as far as karma....karma is crappola as in what did starving children in this world or murdered children do to deserve "karma"....and as far as your p.s. and on the dm comment, I know better and so do you (have no clue as to what you mean as I was an rsm....also I was laid off along with 49 other people in 3 states due to geographical territories and it had nothing to do with anything else.....good old advantage just lays all the extra work on the remaining people in those territories.....evidentily you are the only person who had a problem with my post.....maybe it hit close to home for you?

not quite, I just was the only one that had the nerve to address your rudeness.......bye bye......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

is crossmark transitioning into ASM in Sacramento, California

44 months ago

I use to work for Crossmark, and I resigned because of mixed communications and pathologies of some of their supervisors. I wasn't sure what end was up, the truthful one or the lies. I quit to relax. I have antoher income,

But, I love the Events Specialist job and am ready to go back, so I found ASM, but all the jobs at ASM are identical to what Crossmark had with the Tips and Treats team. I wonder if my applying to ASM is really Crossmark again?

I looked up ASM under a business search at the SOS, and it doesn't identify them as once being Crossmark, but to find out for sure, I couldn't do a more condensed search on ASM.

Why do these demo companeis ahve such bad reputations online, and why do they contiue to mislead people with events jobs that are fun. If these companeis stopped their nasty lying and discriminaing, there would be no problem. The job is fund, but these companeis that have them are questionable.
I think I"ll give up trying to reach anynone at ASM: Nobody answers the phone and the one recruiter I got a hold of said "i'm not working right now' and acted as if I caught her on the toilet.

I'm offended by these higher ups whyn I'm able to bmake high sales, ahve been popular at thesest tjobs and have a good track recrod, however they act jealous of this and like - to make themselves feels better they have to kick the besxt down. They expect too much out of the overworked and pamper the lazy ones at Crossmark. ASM is probably the same.? No ? Could someone help me out here. Who's for real when it comes to these evental jobs? I miss the work but no the higher ups at these companies who are snobs or disreputeable poeple of some type. Why all the lying and misleading, and hiding?

RedRacer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

44 months ago

sitebender in Chicago, Illinois said: I noticed that Advantage Sales & Marketing is a very generic name. That's a redflag right there. Why not call it "Good Cooking." That would be even more generic.

No, not generic. There actually was a Mr. Budd Mayer. Or "Old man Mayer" as he was referred to. BMC (Budd Mayer Company) had a great reputation and was a wonderful company to work for. NOTHING like ASM (Advantage Sales & Marketing). When ASM bought into BMC in the late 90's, the company was then referred to as Advantage Budd Mayer. Long story short; old man Mayer passed, and Advantage took over. i.e., Advantage Sales & Marketing. The end of BMC, a great reputable company to have the luxury of working for.
I also worked for ASM for several years and was laid off in "09. It was a God-send. For 2 years prior, they took away the auto allowance and fuel cards. In the end, I was spending upwards of $270.00 per month for fuel solely to do my job. There was an exhorbinate amount of work ordered to be done on personal time, as admin. time was NOT allowed. But...you better get all the extra work done and call on over 300 accts. per cycle and do it all in an 8 hour day! This was suffered by most in my division, everyone that I knew. The list of ridiculousness with this company is endless...And it has and continues to get worse. I'm sure they won't be around much longer...
With jobs being so scarce now, even for college educated and experienced employees and the economy being so terrible, a word of advise for anyone unfortunate enough to be working for them: Don't let them cost you $, do what you have to do to protect yourself and plan on it only being temporary...and screw them any way you can because they are and WILL screw you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

RedRacer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

44 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: generic schmeric....."good cookin" has nothing to do with the company advantage....look it up....they merged and bought out companies why the name changed from bud mayer which is the old owners name but I bet his name is generic? oy vey

No, not generic. There actually was a Mr. Budd Mayer. Or "Old man Mayer" as he was referred to. BMC (Budd Mayer Company) had a great reputation and was a wonderful company to work for. NOTHING like ASM (Advantage Sales & Marketing). When ASM bought into BMC in the late 90's, the company was then referred to as Advantage Budd Mayer. Long story short; old man Mayer passed, and Advantage took over. i.e., Advantage Sales & Marketing. The end of BMC, a great reputable company to have the luxury of working for.
I also worked for ASM for several years and was laid off in "09. It was a God-send. For 2 years prior, they took away the auto allowance and fuel cards. In the end, I was spending upwards of $270.00 per month for fuel solely to do my job. There was an exhorbinate amount of work ordered to be done on personal time, as admin. time was NOT allowed. But...you better get all the extra work done and call on over 300 accts. per cycle and do it all in an 8 hour day! This was suffered by most in my division, everyone that I knew. The list of ridiculousness with this company is endless...And it has and continues to get worse. I'm sure they won't be around much longer...
With jobs being so scarce now, even for college educated and experienced employees and the economy being so terrible, a word of advise for anyone unfortunate enough to be working for them: Don't let them cost you $, do what you have to do to protect yourself and plan on it only being temporary...and screw them any way you can because they are and WILL screw you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SeaWeed in Southern, Georgia

44 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: about a month ago I received a letter from lawyers representing 2 people/class action lawsuit for unpaid overtime....
Well all current Advantage Employees are now receiving this Class Action Unpaid Overtime Notice for two ex employees from lawyers based out of Indiana this last week in January 2011. You wrote this back in December 2010 and you said you received this a month before that? This wasn't even known to any Advantage Employees until just now? Either this is another Class Action Lawsuit or you must be in management for Advantage to have knowledge of this.

This Class Action Lawsuit is looking for thousands of dollars times the number of employees that join the class action suit which will add up quickly and be a huge amount.

You are right, it's a crappy job with crappy pay and then some.

And I agree with another poster that it should only be looked as temporary and as supplemental income. And yes they will screw you anyway they can.

Advantage jobs aren't going to make you happy in the long run......but maybe for a short period.....lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smilee1 in Zanesville, Ohio

44 months ago

lonand313 in Southgate, Michigan said: It's a class action lawsuit against Advantage, that's all that I know at this time.

hello hope u r well!!..hey...do u have the firm that is handling this? i have joined but have moved n cant locate my info that i kept...thx
:o)

44 months ago

SeaWeed in Southern, Georgia said: Well all current Advantage Employees are now receiving this Class Action Unpaid Overtime Notice for two ex employees from lawyers based out of Indiana this last week in January 2011. You wrote this back in December 2010 and you said you received this a month before that? This wasn't even known to any Advantage Employees until just now? Either this is another Class Action Lawsuit or you must be in management for Advantage to have knowledge of this.

This Class Action Lawsuit is looking for thousands of dollars times the number of employees that join the class action suit which will add up quickly and be a huge amount.

You are right, it's a crappy job with crappy pay and then some.

And I agree with another poster that it should only be looked as temporary and as supplemental income. And yes they will screw you anyway they can.

Advantage jobs aren't going to make you happy in the long run......but maybe for a short period.....lol.

hi...hope u r well...i have joined this suit about 2 months ago...all i m is a drt..but maybe u can help me...i have moved and have misplaced my contact info on this firm..can i get it from u??
thx

44 months ago

Terri Wojtylko in Tampa, Florida said: I was laid off last January and about a month ago I received a letter from lawyers representing 2 people/class action lawsuit for unpaid overtime....which is a joke we never got over time....unless they are talking about all the times we did our itenerarys for free because we never had time left on the clock or all the times we helped supervisors with their work for free......losing my job was the best thing that ever happened....at the time it certainly didn't feel like that....but now everyone has lost their car allowance and gas cards....now I work for a grocery chain less than 2 miles from my house and don't have to put up with their crap job and crap pay

hi hope u r well...i am asking all that i have seen post this...i joined the suit but have moved and misplaced my contact info...do u have it??
thx

44 months ago

Hi all...just so all will know...I am just a d.r.t. first for asm kraft and then for asm mars/wrigley's...and i did receive my solicitation about 2 months ago...mebbe 3...and i am not management...to say a company the size of asm with the amount of employees it has and to speak for all of us is just incorrect to do ...i mean no insult but it takes time to go through all the employee rousters from all the years they are going back...to say that this is the first time any knew would mean you have had to of spoke w/us all...n u didnt speak 2 me...i hope i have not offended u but i just wanted u to think about it... hopefully if u have the contact info i need that this has not made u opposed 2 me...sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paperchaser in Nowhere, Missouri

44 months ago

smilee1 in Zanesville, Ohio said: hi hope u r well...i am asking all that i have seen post this...i joined the suit but have moved and misplaced my contact info...do u have it??
thx

Yes, here is the contact info:

Kay Campbell, and Janis Holstein vs. ASM . Jason R. Delk at Delk McNally P.O. Box 1855 Muncie, Indiana 47308. delk@delkmcnally.com

I too am getting on board with this legal action. After many hours of reading FLSA standards and definitions I am convinced that our home is our work place and that legally our day starts when we leave "our office". I base this thought on my FLSA findings below-

Away from Employer’s Place of Business
Any fixed site, whether home or office, used by a salesperson as a headquarters or for telephonic solicitation of sales is considered one of the employer’s places of business, even though the employer is not in any formal sense the owner or tenant of the property.

Of course as we all well know working with ASM, everything is just a matter of interpretation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Canyon Country, California

44 months ago

I am very interested in this law suit. I worked for Adv. for 15 years and they owe me tons of $$$$$. Keep me posted
Thanks
Jackie

Jackie in Canyon Country, California

44 months ago

"You Go Gary" Keep up those kind of comments and you'll be CEO real soon, then you can tell us how much of a raise you got.

Refessati in Quincy, Illinois

43 months ago

I have an interview coming up with ASM. I have done merchandising work before. The area covered is rather large but I was informed that gas compensation was something like $.32/mile, which isn't great but is better than nothing, and was told that if your first job is more than 20 miles or half an hour from home that you will be compensated for the remainder of your travel (if your first store is 30 miles from home, when you clock in you are rated as being 10 miles outside of that 20 mile limit and thus you are compensated for the 10 miles you drove extra). I thought it all sounded pretty good, then I heard all of this - and now I'm sort of worried. I looked up the lawsuit but can't find anything else about it online. Any word of how it's going so far? I know it's only a month past the "jump on" date but I was wondering if anything had come of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SeaWeed in Southern, Georgia

43 months ago

Refessati in Quincy, Illinois said: The area covered is rather large but I was informed that gas compensation was something like $.32/mile, which isn't great but is better than nothing, and was told that if your first job is more than 20 miles or half an hour from home that you will be compensated for the remainder of your travel (if your first store is 30 miles from home, when you clock in you are rated as being 10 miles outside of that 20 mile limit and thus you are compensated for the 10 miles you drove extra). I thought it all sounded pretty good, then I heard all of this - and now I'm sort of worried.
Any word of how it's going so far? I know it's only a month past the "jump on" date but I was wondering if anything had come of it.
You should be concerned as using your car is a loosing proposition when working for ASM. Even the government allows .50 for mileage. They will have you work your route to ASM advantage and not yours, so good luck trying to get the 20 miles which I've never been able to get. There is another thread on this site regarding a large route and the mileage and overtime etc and alll the time e put in without being paid for and then the guy got terminated after a year because he complained.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justme in Canyon Country, California

43 months ago

Refessati in Quincy, Illinois said: I have an interview coming up with ASM. I have done merchandising work before. The area covered is rather large but I was informed that gas compensation was something like $.32/mile, which isn't great but is better than nothing, and was told that if your first job is more than 20 miles or half an hour from home that you will be compensated for the remainder of your travel (if your first store is 30 miles from home, when you clock in you are rated as being 10 miles outside of that 20 mile limit and thus you are compensated for the 10 miles you drove extra). I thought it all sounded pretty good, then I heard all of this - and now I'm sort of worried. I looked up the lawsuit but can't find anything else about it online. Any word of how it's going so far? I know it's only a month past the "jump on" date but I was wondering if anything had come of it.

There are quite a few people involved in the suit. All I can say us if you really need a job take it, it is better than nothing. Just keep track of all time, work, conversations and so on because they will rip you off. Take it for not and keep looking for a real job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

divadog10

41 months ago

I started working for ASM in Nov. I FIRST noticed a discrepancy with my mileage reimbursement in Feb., as I had some miles racked up and got paid for 1/4 of those miles. I contacted HR, my supervisor and my logistics manager (the ONLY one who tried to help) I was told over and over and OVER again, that I got mileage paid after the first 20 out and 20 back - and in between stores. Well, cut to April, I traveled about 1400 miles, and paid for like 600 (roughly, as they don't tell you how many miles you are being paid for on pay record). So, I start asking questions AGAIN, I get responses from HR, AutoFleet, my Supervisor on how we get reimbursed. So, I said, CLEARLY this is not the case, or it would be reflected in my pay. I sent a demand letter, asking for printout of mileage that Autofleet uses - simple, mileage is a no brainier - Well, was I shocked! They do NOT use the method they say - exp. I drove to an event 65 miles from my house, less 20 miles to and from so should have gotten 90 miles - according to the document distance payable ws 28.9827 there and 29.051 back (not sure what this means) and mileage payable was 9.7672 and 9.7902 - they paid me 18 miles!!!!!! I have the document. And even between stores - from one store to the next - 18 miles - they paid me 3 miles! I was told repeatedly that they use Bing Maps to calculate miles...so I did all my miles based on this - well, they are NOT using Bing Maps but some formula that they created. They owe me over 1000.00 in back miles - I sent a demand letter. Lucky for me, I have save ALL correspondence on how they reimburse. But, I have not heard a peep out of them since.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paperchaser in Nowhere, Missouri

40 months ago

Divadog you don't say if they paid you the mileage owed you yet, I'm guessing no. Contact the FLSA and report this issue. It takes them some time for them to open a case on your behalf, but with your documented proof of misleading and fraudulent business practices coupled with all the other legal hot water ASM has going on, your information I'm sure will be of interest to the Federal Government....mine was, and is well worth the wait. I encourage anyone working for any company who skirts around the law to stand up for their rights. Let our voices be heard loud and clear in hopes that others who follow behind may have a fair and just workplace. There IS power in numbers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

carolll in sachse, Texas

40 months ago

divadog10 said: I started working for ASM in Nov. I FIRST noticed a discrepancy with my mileage reimbursement in Feb., as I had some miles racked up and got paid for 1/4 of those miles. I contacted HR, my supervisor and my logistics manager (the ONLY one who tried to help) I was told over and over and OVER again, that I got mileage paid after the first 20 out and 20 back - and in between stores. Well, cut to April, I traveled about 1400 miles, and paid for like 600 (roughly, as they don't tell you how many miles you are being paid for on pay record). So, I start asking questions AGAIN, I get responses from HR, AutoFleet, my Supervisor on how we get reimbursed. So, I said, CLEARLY this is not the case, or it would be reflected in my pay. I sent a demand letter, asking for printout of mileage that Autofleet uses - simple, mileage is a no brainier - Well, was I shocked! They do NOT use the method they say - exp. I drove to an event 65 miles from my house, less 20 miles to and from so should have gotten 90 miles - according to the document distance payable ws 28.9827 there and 29.051 back (not sure what this means) and mileage payable was 9.7672 and 9.7902 - they paid me 18 miles!!!!!! I have the document. And even between stores - from one store to the next - 18 miles - they paid me 3 miles! I was told repeatedly that they use Bing Maps to calculate miles...so I did all my miles based on this - well, they are NOT using Bing Maps but some formula that they created. They owe me over 1000.00 in back miles - I sent a demand letter. Lucky for me, I have save ALL correspondence on how they reimburse. But, I have not heard a peep out of them since.

good luck getting ANYTHING from them. they are absolutely the WORST company to work for! i am on the list for the lawsuit and am hoping it puts them out of business!! in my opinion they treat their employees worse than walmart does!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carolll in sachse, Texas

40 months ago

unless you are absolutely desperate for a job DON'T go to work at ASM!!! trust me on this....i'm speaking from experience!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cyunvm2 in Bardolph, Illinois

40 months ago

I just received a letter in the mail from Principal Financial Group-in regards to a Life Insurance Policy & Retirement account. Since I had never signed up for any deductions or services I became alarmed as they had provided my soon to be ex-husbacnd with information of where I had "escaped" too. I called the company to verify if this was legitimate and found out ASM, LLC had provided them with my personal information for no good rreason. This company is shady and run as a fly-by-night Corporation boasting things that are inaccurate and untrue. BEWARE of accepting any employment with the, signing any contract information as they will sell your information to other companies.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Denver, Colorado

39 months ago

Look iam 17 and applied at walmart I currently work at great clips as a receptionist I get paid 736 an hour that is bad pay I have been working her for almost a yeast no raise granted I get 40 percent off all product but there not much to choose from no vacation time cant request days off our call out. Walmart is a better place for me to work and it a job stop complaining most of you should no this by now life isn't fair make the best out of what you get

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.