Advantage Sales and Marketing Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Advantage Sales and Marketing?

What do you like best about working at Advantage Sales and Marketing? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

matt

90 months ago

I am also curious...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jene in Cement City, Michigan

90 months ago

Usually the starting salaries range from high 30's to the low 40's. The bonuses are pathetic, usually between 2 and 5,000 a year. Usually closer to 2 unless you are upper management. Raises are also non negotiable as they have a 4% raise cap per year. The benefits are good though and very reasonable for families!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Kennesaw, Georgia

90 months ago

jene said: Usually the starting salaries range from high 30's to the low 40's. The bonuses are pathetic, usually between 2 and 5,000 a year. Usually closer to 2 unless you are upper management. Raises are also non negotiable as they have a 4% raise cap per year. The benefits are good though and very reasonable for families!

Thanks for the info... can you tell me what kind of hours you work (weekdays, weekends, hours, etc?)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D4M in Stockton, California

90 months ago

Mike said:
Thanks for the info... can you tell me what kind of hours you work (weekdays, weekends, hours, etc?)

Don't waste your time dude! It took me 3 months to get in with this company they didn't even tell me I got the job. They sent my uniforms via Fedex and that's how I found out. Then they put me with a guy that wasn't interested in me from day one. I came in late once and explained what happened and he just cut me lose. The lady that hired me said he didn't have to fire me he could have just wrote me up so that just confirmed what I already knew he just wanted to get rid of me. I haven't heard anything from them since and haven't even gotten paid!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Wondering in Carlock, Illinois

89 months ago

jene in Cement City, Michigan said: Usually the starting salaries range from high 30's to the low 40's. The bonuses are pathetic, usually between 2 and 5,000 a year. Usually closer to 2 unless you are upper management. Raises are also non negotiable as they have a 4% raise cap per year. The benefits are good though and very reasonable for families!

Hey, is that for full-time or part-time work?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jene in Jerome, Michigan

89 months ago

Wondering in Carlock, Illinois said: Hey, is that for full-time or part-time work?

Thanks!

This is for Full Time salaried employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deandra in Bedford, Texas

88 months ago

Uh..., I am full time and it is hourly work is what I was told. I think everybody needs to keep in mind that every state is different.

When I interviewed I was informed that you receive a gas card and are paid for your miles. You work 40 hours a week, no overtime, no weekends no holidays. Can't beat that.

Deandra in Bedford, Texas

88 months ago

He is in charge of Texas? Big deal. I'm not worried about it Mr. "unknown."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

stephen in Hillsboro, Ohio

87 months ago

Salaries are not that high, high 20's are the highest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Norton in Leander, Texas

86 months ago

I have 18 years of CPG and 15 yrs of management, and I was offered less to start than I make on unemployment. The DM wasnt really sure what the car allowance or how much the gas allowance would be, and then he wasnt sure where my stores were, and didn't know what my chances were of getting promoted within a couple of years. What an idiot...don't waste your time with these jokers... There isn't a bright bulb in the box.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cyn Saytionl in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

What is up with the Portland office? Good the bad and the ugly?
See they are hiring is it a good company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Spring Valley, New York

86 months ago

I worked in the Ramsey Office for 8 years as a BAA, they were very fair with me but then again I worked over 50 hours a work and got paid for 40. If they like you and your work ethnics you will do great. The people I worked with were GREAT! I would go back if the right opportunity came my way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AWW in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

D4M in Stockton, California said: Don't waste your time dude! It took me 3 months to get in with this company they didn't even tell me I got the job. They sent my uniforms via Fedex and that's how I found out. Then they put me with a guy that wasn't interested in me from day one. I came in late once and explained what happened and he just cut me lose. The lady that hired me said he didn't have to fire me he could have just wrote me up so that just confirmed what I already knew he just wanted to get rid of me. I haven't heard anything from them since and haven't even gotten paid!

Think you may have the wrong company, we dont have uniforms? If in fact it was ASM, sounds like you had a bad hiring person, this would not be the standard for the company.

Unknown in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Does anyone know what a Business Development Manager salary would be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Bedford, Texas

85 months ago

AWW in Houston, Texas said: Think you may have the wrong company, we dont have uniforms? If in fact it was ASM, sounds like you had a bad hiring person, this would not be the standard for the company.

He is right, we don't wear uniforms. Not part time, not full time, not different departments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AWW in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

Unknown in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone know what a Business Development Manager salary would be?

$60-$80K depending on experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Working Stiff in West Babylon, New York

85 months ago

Deandra in Bedford, Texas said: Uh..., I am full time and it is hourly work is what I was told. I think everybody needs to keep in mind that every state is different.

When I interviewed I was informed that you receive a gas card and are paid for your miles. You work 40 hours a week, no overtime, no weekends no holidays. Can't beat that.

Don't you believe it. Bad News. Stay clear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jean in Magnolia, Arkansas

85 months ago

I'm looking at this company for employment. It is new here and i would like an honest opion of the business and it's good and bad all jobs have bad. You just have to weight the good against the bad and make an educated decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonomoose in Williamsburg, Virginia

79 months ago

All:

I worked as a DM at advantage for 3 years. I will agree with what I read if they like you youll do great and they do take care of you financially. 35 k plus 5 k for car a year gas card pay for home phone internet and cell, laptop.

Its all what you want. If you really want to have a "career" with advantage you better be able to move. The lay offs are real and frequent due to client demands. You can make it there but you gotta want to move. I left because I got tired of the layoffs and I went on to do the same thing but with a distributor.

Its a fun job though, management is great and I have found alot of great people in the Upper levels of management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonomoose in Williamsburg, Virginia

79 months ago

No actually some client teams do wear uniforms I assure you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fort Worth, Texas

62 months ago

I recently was hired as a merchandiser and was wondering a bit more about the benefits like health insurance and the like..

There wasn't much about it in the packet. Do I have to work for X amount of days until I am eligible or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.