Aeroteck

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Another disappointed jobseeker in Hopkins, Michigan

93 months ago

Don't waste your time with Aerotek! Aerotek doesn't actually ever place anyone in a position. I intervieed with them a month ago and have since seen several postings that I WAS qualified for. When I call to ask about the position I am either told that there was a misunderstanding with the client or that it has already been filled. These aren't real positions as far as I can tell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in San Bernardino, California

92 months ago

Amen, Brother!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Linden, Michigan

91 months ago

I have worked for Aerotek for the past 11 years and I do not believe the comments. I hold true to the fact to call all candidates back and let them know the true reason they are not qualified for the position. I take my job very seriously and have fun placing people into careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

joe in cincy in Hanover, Maryland

91 months ago

Me, just me in Orlando, Florida said: Its too bad "it holds true to the fact" that the majority of those who have worked for Aerotek at least once, hate you.

Actually the people who get placed are good workers/employees and the ones who have negative things to say are people with bad work history and attitudes etc. There is a reason these people can't find a job and it's not just aerotek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Job Hunter in Oak Lawn, Illinois

90 months ago

Bill in Linden, Michigan said: I have worked for Aerotek for the past 11 years and I do not believe the comments. I hold true to the fact to call all candidates back and let them know the true reason they are not qualified for the position. I take my job very seriously and have fun placing people into careers.

While I can't speak of Aerotek policies, it would be somewhat unusual for a recruiter to call a candidate and explain to them why they didn't get either an interview or a job with the client.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

david gent in Fremont, California

90 months ago

The openings are not real. It wastes of time. I don't waste of time to complain this company, if this is not the case. Why no one complains other company.

Now, they have 140 comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Me, just me in Winter Springs, Florida

90 months ago

joe in cincy in Hanover, Maryland said: Actually the people who get placed are good workers/employees and the ones who have negative things to say are people with bad work history and attitudes etc. There is a reason these people can't find a job and it's not just aerotek.

Those who are good workers, good work history, good references and with jobs still hate you. Go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

Actually I know of several top quality employees that have applied and applied and Aerotek keeps posting the jobs. I am a Quality Technician, 34 years experience, NASA certified, and hold certifications from ASQ. This company is bogus! My number one problem is that where I live, it's a 3 hour commute each way to job sites, ( that's six hours on the road, every day!) and I'm a White Male, age 62, and they are looking for people with 25 years experience but are under forty! (they haven't done their math, have they?) I do get subcontract jobs that are only an hour away, but those are temporary. Fortunately I have a pension from my Aerospace firm, and am just starting Social Security, but of all placement companies that I've applied to, Aerotek is the worst! This last poster obviously is either one of their employees (directly working for them, not a client) or some know-it-all. And my work history is excellent!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Guy in Somewhere, Illinois

88 months ago

Another disappointed jobseeker in Hopkins, Michigan said: Don't waste your time with Aerotek! Aerotek doesn't actually ever place anyone in a position. I intervieed with them a month ago and have since seen several postings that I WAS qualified for. When I call to ask about the position I am either told that there was a misunderstanding with the client or that it has already been filled. These aren't real positions as far as I can tell.

I've dealt with them for years and am still waiting for my first interview. Don't expect them to contact you with client comments about your resume. They will call you and ask if your interested in a job, send the resume and then, presto chango, you never hear back from them!

With a 50% - 75% mark-up, you would think that they would taking the time to give you client feedback on your resume. What a bunch of B.S.!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zx in Bridgeview, Illinois

88 months ago

Roger in Austin, Texas said: Actually I know of several top quality employees that have applied and applied and Aerotek keeps posting the jobs. I am a Quality Technician, 34 years experience, NASA certified, and hold certifications from ASQ. This company is bogus! My number one problem is that where I live, it's a 3 hour commute each way to job sites, ( that's six hours on the road, every day!) and I'm a White Male, age 62, and they are looking for people with 25 years experience but are under forty! (they haven't done their math, have they?) I do get subcontract jobs that are only an hour away, but those are temporary. Fortunately I have a pension from my Aerospace firm, and am just starting Social Security, but of all placement companies that I've applied to, Aerotek is the worst! This last poster obviously is either one of their employees (directly working for them, not a client) or some know-it-all. And my work history is excellent!

They have no concept of how difficult it can be to travel to a job site. Their real quick to point out Mapquest says x number of miles, however you'de have to be the only one on the road at that time to make it in the time computed by Mapquest! Sheesh!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph kelly in Las Vegas, Nevada

88 months ago

joe in cincy in Hanover, Maryland said: Actually the people who get placed are good workers/employees and the ones who have negative things to say are people with bad work history and attitudes etc. There is a reason these people can't find a job and it's not just aerotek.

What a lie.Bottom line is you folks don't do your homework for anything,lazy and extremely incompetent.Why you have a business is beyond me.Oh,and my work history,i am the best in vegas at what i do,and i have more than my share of construction company owner's who agree,but then again talent know's talent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RKA in Detroit, Michigan

88 months ago

I've applied to 25 carefully selected, relevant job opportunities on Aerotek since past 30 days. I haven't recd. a single call from any of the recruiters !!!!!!!

I've made follow up calls, but not a serious response from any of the recruiters. Most of the time you would hear a voice msg. for most of the recruiters at Aerotek.

After reading so many comments, I think, I should stop wasting my time, applying for Aerotek requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Lake Arrowhead, California

88 months ago

That's been pretty much my experience. And when I do talk to the recruiters, they often know little about the industry (and position that I'm applying for). I'm "over qualified" which really means that I'm over 55....)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DBL

88 months ago

Another disappointed jobseeker in Hopkins, Michigan said: Don't waste your time with Aerotek! Aerotek doesn't actually ever place anyone in a position. I intervieed with them a month ago and have since seen several postings that I WAS qualified for. When I call to ask about the position I am either told that there was a misunderstanding with the client or that it has already been filled. These aren't real positions as far as I can tell.

Here is what I found out, from an insider. Aerotek collects as many resumes as they can and when they have a call for a job they send as many of the collected resumes to the employer (regardless if you actually applied to it. The employer is obligated contractually that if they hire anyone from the resumes Aerotek provided, they will have to pay Aerotek a very high commission. So basically what it does is puts you at the bottom of the list, because they would rather not have to pay. If you walk into their door to apply, and Aerotek has already "registered" you by sending your resume to them, they can't hire you without paying Aerotek.

Contact Aerotek and demand that they pull your resume and not to send it out anymore. This is how the scum works.

Roger in Lake Arrowhead, California

88 months ago

I had my suspicions that it was that way. What a company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RealityCheck in Phoenix, Arizona

87 months ago

Aerotek basically acts as an outsourced HR department. Some companies have internal recruiters, some are small and cannot afford their back office to recruit and manage. Hence why recruiting companies exist, and Aerotek is a 5 Billion dollar company. Companies pay Aerotek money to filter people for them. There are over 150 Aerotek offices in the country, with an average of 20 recruiters in each office. Each of these recruiters gets about 50-100 applicants a day applying to postings. Remember, there are a lot of people in the US - More than 300 Million! Aerotek's motto is "People Fit Perfectly" and that reason is because these companies wont pay Aerotek for a candidate who is not what they are looking for. Recruiters obviously want to place you, since thats what they get paid to do!

What we look for in a candidate, depending on the position, when viewing a resume has to do with skill set(experience at Pizza Hut does not mean you are fit to be an Architect), job longevity, quality of the resume (grammar and spelling), as well as an in person interview. There might be a reason you are having trouble seeking work, that is aside from your years of experience in a certain field.

In the end, a recruiter should not be the only avenue you should take to seek new employment. They are a FREE tool for you to use. A business partner that does not cost you a dime, yet these people work WITH you, in hopes to find QUALIFIED candidates a fit position. Think of it as another line in the water, and a potential business partner. I am sorry we were not able to find you a position at this time. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Squellybean in Findlay, Ohio

87 months ago

RealityCheck....

We all know what the nature of their business is,,,we get it. MY complaint was that THEY called me and when I returned the call, I have not been responded to. I did send a final email just in case I was missing something and I didn't want to be rude and I got an email back stating that he was sorry and that he'd been out of the office sick and would contact me the following day and we would discuss the position. I do understand that offices like that get busy ( I was in that business for 4 years, yet again, here it is another 6 days after stating he would get back to me the next day. I am not relying on Aerotek to find me work, all I did was reply to a job posting and was what I believe "lead on" and then dropped. Am I losing sleep over it? NO. The thing that Aerotek has to do is get their act together, because we are going to be in an employee crunch worse than we've seen due to baby boomers retiring, and eventually THEY will lose potential employees if they treat people as they have treated me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Call this number in Chicago 847-392-3222 or email at psaaaem@gmail.com

They will be able to help you. They helped me get a good job.

Some of these agencies could care less about you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Ohio

87 months ago

Squellybean in Findlay, Ohio,

I live in the Elyria area and I don't think AT&T has offices here. Elyria is serviced by Alltel Telephone. I am not sure if they let AT&T be one of their long distance carriers. But I am 99% sure there at no AT&T outfits in the Elyria area.

To the north there is Lorain, and they are serviced by CenturyTel. They are my phone company. I can't even get that AT&T/Yahoo DSL through CenturyTel so I'm 99% sure AT&T offices do not exist in Lorain.

I'm beginning to think that whether the company is Aerotek, other employment agencies, or the companies themselves, that they keep active resume banks without any real available jobs.

As far as the employment agencies go, maybe they are held on a retainer by companies to keep active resume banks. The companies probably use some sort of tax write-off or tax shelter to fund these outfits.

The police and fire give civil service exams every couple of years, whether they have job openings or not. It does not really matter because they usually hire family and friends anyway. And this is what I think goes on in the public and private sectors; make it look to the people that jobs exist but they really don't exist and the ones that do exist, again, go mostly to family and friends.

jimb in willard, Ohio

86 months ago

i recieved a call from them 10/30/07 for a job are they worth calling back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

1234 in Mesa, Arizona

31 months ago

As soon as someone like a head hunter wants to interview me I ignore them. why? are you kidding. like you are going to know anything about engineering. I know mostly want you references, names and numbers. not to check on your history but a way they can get there foot in the door of a company. I have told them in the past no I will not give you my references until i see the job and start the interview. there was no job, they only saw who i worked for and was trying to get access to hiring managers I have worked for some pretty big ones and have landed them thru legit ones. they are more focused on you getting the job first not interviewing you and trying to hammer you for information when you see this red flag walk away

1234 in Mesa, Arizona

31 months ago

If they ask for your references before you are even considered by the hiring manager I would not, i just deleted one that wants to interview me please. what are you going to ask me what my goals in life are and were I want to be in 5. concentrate on landing an interview from the person thats going to give you the job....

Muggle in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

The main reason they ask for references up front before you get offered a job is for leads for their sales people to call. If your references are hiring managers, the recruiter gives those names to their sales people to contact to try and get business from your reference.

1234 in Mesa, Arizona

31 months ago

thats correct. give me your references and all your past managers desk numbers and ill get back to you on the job dont call me ill call you.

1234 in Mesa, Arizona

31 months ago

whatever.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.