Aerotek "blacklists" troublemakers.....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

CPO in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Aerotek...
The same company that wasted hours of my time. I'm a electronics/avionics technician with well over thirty years of experience in both the military and civilian sectors.
I applied with these boneheads, spent loads of time and lots of gas driving 60 miles to their office in Dallas.
They were totally disorganized, had no idea what an avionics technician does for a living and when I accepted a possible interview they sent off to another location another 45 miles from the Dallas location where the idiot behind the desk, the receptionist, refused to accept my VALID SSN card (of course I also had my birth certificate, retired military ID, DD214's DL's, etc etc with me). She said it had to have "brackets" on it. WTF? This is my SSN card, the original from the late 1950's. This babe was all of 20yrs old...could not recognize a valid SSN card if it bit her.
It was apparent these idiots would come up with any excuse NOT to allow me to even fill out any forms.
I contacted the The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices as they refused my legit SSN card and refused me employment.
Aeroteks' dirtbag attorney in Washington, who claimed to work for the DOJ, did everything he could to try and stop me from filing a claim. He even threatened me with "blacklisting."
I never heard anything from the DOJ, and I continue to send Aerotek applications to this day.
I have never heard a thing from them.
I guess I have been "blacklisted."
Great company, huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Oldskooler in Chillicothe, Ohio

73 months ago

CPO, Although I'm nowhere in your league of years and experience (12 years maintenance, CNC, Plastics), I'd like to think I've got to the point where I'm an experienced professional who expects certain things of recruiters/employers.

Aerotek in Dublin OH falls greatly short of all expectations.

First job in the states was through them. I was at work for 2 days, and was told "position was never available". Poor communication.

Second time around was a lot more interesting. Plenty of calls, and please come into our office (said the spider to the fly..) and we'll have a little chat. One round trip of 135 miles, 10 minute talk to be told "Yes you are suitable" could of been done over the phone..but I know the deal with recruiters. Couple of phone calls later, and I've nailed the job, come in again to sign forms and away you go. We agreed for 12pm in Dublin.

I work 3rds, got 2 kids, and a lot of organisation was involved to get things in place. Here's where I flip..

My contact at aerotek, fails to show at the appropiate time, he's already signed the contract which means he has no intention of meeting me, or answering my questions, the terms have been changed, and he expects me to sign like a fool. Next, I've not spent a second inside the place I'm going to work, met my new boss, or get an idea of the place. If my new boss relies on the opinon of an incosiderate idiot who can't finish his lunch..what kind of place am I working for.

I signed..and then gave them some crazy story why I couldn't make the job.

And Mark if you're reading this..look after those who give you the leads, Aerotek needs fresh meat, but don't treat people accordingly.

Very very disappointing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

okcperson in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

31 months ago

CPO in Dallas, Texas said: Aerotek...
The same company that wasted hours of my time. I'm a electronics/avionics technician with well over thirty years of experience in both the military and civilian sectors.
I applied with these boneheads, spent loads of time and lots of gas driving 60 miles to their office in Dallas.
They were totally disorganized, had no idea what an avionics technician does for a living and when I accepted a possible interview they sent off to another location another 45 miles from the Dallas location where the idiot behind the desk, the receptionist, refused to accept my VALID SSN card (of course I also had my birth certificate, retired military ID, DD214's DL's, etc etc with me). She said it had to have "brackets" on it. WTF? This is my SSN card, the original from the late 1950's. This babe was all of 20yrs old...could not recognize a valid SSN card if it bit her.
It was apparent these idiots would come up with any excuse NOT to allow me to even fill out any forms.
I contacted the The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices as they refused my legit SSN card and refused me employment.
Aeroteks' dirtbag attorney in Washington, who claimed to work for the DOJ, did everything he could to try and stop me from filing a claim. He even threatened me with "blacklisting."
I never heard anything from the DOJ, and I continue to send Aerotek applications to this day.
I have never heard a thing from them.
I guess I have been "blacklisted."
Great company, huh?

Have you ever tried the office in OKC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

okcperson in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

31 months ago

have you tried the office in OKC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.