Aerotek = scumbag incompetent liars

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

MrTim in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

I am glad that I found this forum, it gives me the perfect chance to vent about the lies and manipulation of Aerotek. In the summer of 2008 I was called by, "Chris" at Aerotek concerning a sales position for a company that was very close to my home. I agreed to an interview and in all honesty, their Oak Brook Illinois location was very professional in appearance. Really the process there was virtually the same as previous recruiters I had seen in the previous months, so I thought nothing of it. After the interview, Chris decided that I would be a good fit for their client so he scheduled an interview and provided me the address to the client. Now, I make it a habit to do a test drive to the location I am interviewing at, so there are no major surprises on the day of the interview. I followed the directions to the address given and... the client is not there. My interview was at 9am the next day and the address was clearly wrong, so I went home and did some research. After checking the company's name over the internet, I found a completely different address. Early the next morning I called Aerotek and spoke to Chris's manager, "Melissa," and she was certain that the address they gave me was correct. Now at this point I should have realized that Aerotek employees were incompetent, but I really wanted to work so I just followed her instructions to the client (apparently she had been there before and she gave me turn-by-turn directions.) After following her directions I wound up at the client's location - which matched the address I found online. I confronted Melissa on this and she tried to brush it off, but she refused to admit that they gave me the wrong address, and now since I would be late she said she would call and let them know there was a slight problem and I would arrive an hour later.
I arrived at the new time, only to find out that Melissa did NOT call, putting me late for the interview in the eyes of the owner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MrTim in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

I let the client see the address which was typed on Aerotek letterhead and let them know that Melissa was supposed to call but she must have been busy. Yeah, I covered for her - bashing the recruiter was not a good way to start things off. After a multi hour interview with several people (and at one point, the owners dog) they wanted to hire me, and we shook hands on it. YAY, I got a job! I called Chris (who was back in and appologized for the address error) and told him the good news. I was advied that I would be starting in 2 weeks on a Monday. A week passes and Chris wanted me to come in for some paperwork. Lie - it was a renegotiation. I was congratulated on the job, but the bad news was that it would be for 5k less than previously agreed upon. Though I was not happy, it was still work which I desperately needed, So I agreed. Now its the Thursday before the Monday that I am supposed to start and I get a call from Chris. Bad news - the company changed their mind. I was given some excuse that they were moving and could no longer afford a new salesman. This directly conflicted with the info the client gave me - the move was an expansion, not a reduction. I did some investigating and found it was a total lie. Aerotek got another person in for 2.5k lower than my renegotiated salary! They outright lied to me, and when I confronted aerotek, they basically told me, "too bad." Chris empathized for me and said he would work his hardest to get me a job, but after a month I heard nothing. I sent him an email basically calling him an incompetent liar and he responded with something like, "Well I emailed you an opportunity 2 weeks ago and you didn't reply." Another lie - I went to my ISP for my email records and they stated there were no inbound emails from aerotek in that time period.
Save yourself the trouble - aerotek is run by liars and scum. I am now happily employed and I advise HR people I meet to stay clear of aerotek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

healthcare girl in Wheeling, Illinois

62 months ago

That is so Dirty of them! I don't know which is worse, Aerotek or the schmuck who is willing to work for nothing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sassie in Deltona, Florida

5 months ago

It was a Monday I had seen a job for a local airport and put in for the position. I got a call from one of the reps at the Orlando office and she went thru a series of questions with me. It took around 45 minutes. She then replied we would like for you to come into our office. this office was no where near I live. I went to their office and the girl that phone interviewed me today came out in the waiting area. She had no business being staffing with her attitude. She took me in a room and asked me the same freakn questions from day before. This took another 45 minutes. Then she had me take computer test and the computer froze up on me. I told her to just take what I had already did on the test. I am aggravated by now. Then she tells me another guy wanted to interview me and same questions again. Then I was leaving and she said another person would like to talk to me and it was not as long but I was on my phone. WEll. it has been 2 weeks and never heard from them again. At least they could do is call and let people know if the company went with another candidate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.