Aerotek

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Jan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

91 months ago

As a job developer, I have never been able to get any of my people connecter with Aerotek. No matter what their qualifications, they just never seem to a fit for Aerotek. It is really my thought that maybe thry don't really have some of these jobs. It's a way to build their peopel base. How sad. I know of a story where a person was registered with Aerotek but found a job on his own. He was not aware that the Company had a contract with Aerotek. The Company hired him at a certain pay rate. Somehow Aerotek found out he was working at a Company they contracted with and informed he was registered with them. He was forced to take the lesser pay to keep the job. Aerotek got credit for that placement and they had nothing to do with it. This is why they register so many people. Just in case you get a job with one of their contracted companies on your own, they can claim it because you are registered with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

DNC in Savannah, Georgia

91 months ago

Jan said: He was forced to take the lesser pay to keep the job. Aerotek got credit for that placement and they had nothing to do with it. This is why they register so many people. Just in case you get a job with one of their contracted companies on your own, they can claim it because you are registered with them.

Hmmmm,,,,,, no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

youarestupid in Hanover, Maryland

91 months ago

you don't know what you're talking about. First off, I used to work for a staffing company and it cost about $8 per posting. Do you really think that they're going to throw up a bunch of fake postings all over the country and waste money like that. also, you should get your story straight. the reason that Aerotek got credit for that placement was becuase that had already sent the resume to that client. they don't have to pay them just if a person is in their database. and if they do the client is really stupid for signing that agreement...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

Where did this guy learn to spell? Next time you try and sound intelligent, use spell check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aerotek experience in Fort Worth, Texas

90 months ago

Well, I am an engineer and was brought under false pretense of a full time position at 20 an hour. That changed to a data entry position at 15 contract. I was laid off, so took the job. Less then 2 weeks, I was preforming engineering duties. Aerotek did nothing to increase my pay or fight for me for a full time position.
Use caution.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Kearny, New Jersey

89 months ago

First if you used to work for anybody its no surprise you no longer do considering you're going around calling people stupid.

Second one ad for eight bucks is nothing when you consider all the responses an agency will get for any posting. They will get plenty of juicy applicants they can harvest job histories from and harass their previous employers; I know some of my old employers won’t talk to me anymore because of the harassment they have gotten. Also because it supposedly generates lots of new applicants they can now make money off of.

Third you usually sign an agreement with an agency to be contracted out at a certain rate, anything above that goes to the agency. So no agency is going to allow you to find employment without them getting their cut from you being employed, especially when they have a contract with an employer to hire through them.

Fourth if like you say you worked with an agency then you have just told everyone you didn't know your job. That’s typical of agencies employees that why so many job seekers are complaining, you're incompetent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Me, just Me in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

Aerotek experience in Fort Worth, Texas said: Well, I am an engineer and was brought under false pretense of a full time position at 20 an hour. That changed to a data entry position at 15 contract. I was laid off, so took the job. Less then 2 weeks, I was preforming engineering duties. Aerotek did nothing to increase my pay or fight for me for a full time position.
Use caution.

If you're an Engineer and accepting $20 p.h. you're either not any good or a fool. Pick one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Former Aerotek Employee in Greenville, South Carolina

87 months ago

I worked for Aerotek for almost 3 years. Some of the things said here are true and some are not.
It is true that Aerotek Employees will post a job to get leads to try and break new business. It is true that they will screen phone calls, and YES it is true the lower they can pay you the more the recruiter will make on his or her weekly commission.
Aerotek hires a bunch of young kids out of college and that is why they are so disorganized. These kids stay for 1 maybe 2 years and leave. Now some that come in at the right time stay longer but why do you think that most people at Aerotek are so young. They don't pay much of a base salary and when that young kid gets job experience their self they leave. Well Aerotek continues to make the money that kid produced and they don't have to pay the commission anymore.
I will give Aerotek credit, They taught me a lot to get to the position I am at today, but that company is a joke and some of the DBO's and RVP's in the Southeast are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aerotek is a business in Orlando, Florida

87 months ago

From what I understand, Aerotek and other staffing companies charge a percentage above you hourly wage to the company you're working for. Its usually twice the normal "burden rate" which is the built in cost of the average risk of putting that person to work. For example, a welder will have a higher burden rate because there is a higher chance of injury and the turnover rate is higher then say for an engineer.
Also, the company is the client not the person.. so just because you are "signed up" with them doesn't mean they will find you a job. They will send the person to the client who will best represent them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Clemson Alumni in Easley, South Carolina

87 months ago

To the Greenville SC former Aerotek employee. I have been offered a job at the Greenville office as a recruiter. Should I take the job or not? I want to know if all the things they tell me in my interviews are true, or are they just sugar coating the job. What advice do you have for me?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aerotek Spokesperson in Hanover, Maryland

87 months ago

Dear Clemson Alumni in Easley, South Carolina,

I am a spokesperson for Aerotek, Inc. and would like to address a few of your concerns that may be deciding factors in your job search. Aerotek, Inc. is a rapidly growing and premier staffing company with over 150 offices nationwide and in Canada. We have over 2,000 recruiters, 8,000 clients and 55,000 contractors. We offer an exciting culture with exceptional growth possibilities and a competitive pay structure based on performance.

In a previous forum discussion, a client also mentioned his satisfaction with our services that we provide and that’s because of the internal people employed at Aerotek. Keep in mind; comments in forums like this aren’t representative of the entire company, clients, or contractors that we put to work everyday. Please visit www.aerotek.com for additional company information or feel free to address your concerns with the local office where you interviewed.

Thanks for your interest in Aerotek and we wish you the best in your career search!

Sincerely,

Aerotek, Inc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

sue johnson in shawano, Wisconsin

87 months ago

hello i am sue johnson.i have been looking for your application on line.i can not find it no where on line.could you please e-mail me back for your application oe e-mail me your email address thank you
thanks again
sue johnson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Aerotek Spokesperson in Freeland, Maryland

87 months ago

Sue,

You can find our internal applications by visiting www.aerotekcareers.com and they are located under the top link called recruiting and sales careers.

Also, please visit www.aerotek.com for a list of office locations and a direct phone number for the office closest to you in Wisconsin.

Regards,

Aerotek, Inc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

scott in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Clemson Alumni in Easley, South Carolina said: To the Greenville SC former Aerotek employee. I have been offered a job at the Greenville office as a recruiter. Should I take the job or not? I want to know if all the things they tell me in my interviews are true, or are they just sugar coating the job. What advice do you have for me?
Thanks

LET'S GET REAL HERE ,the only reason these agency's have flourished in the last ten years is because many illegal aliens have entered our country in the last ten years and these agency's are giving them our jobs..we'll be lucky in the next ten years if the government does'nt get involved if we will have a pot to piss in...so if you want to work for a company like that...I HOPE YOU HAVE ALOT OF SLEEPING PILLS TO HELP YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT...........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

petunia in West Hartford, Connecticut

84 months ago

In a global economic if illegal alliens can do my job better then isn't the alliens problem, is MY PROBLEM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Howe in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

petunia in West Hartford, Connecticut said: In a global economic if illegal alliens can do my job better then isn't the alliens problem, is MY PROBLEM.

YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS SOON IF YOU DONT WAKE UP!!! illegals have made an impact on our economic structure in this country. If you think you will continue to make whatever you make in the future when someone else who is willing to work for less is available, remain in dreamland!

Younger, faster, stonger, and willing to work for less pay... This is the history of America's economic growth structure. Not bad if you fit into any of those catagories..

You will make less money if you work a job that is not specialized on the short term, however, as we all begin to learn Spanish as a 1st language in the next 10 years or so and your children can't even get a job at McDonalds for the expericence then you will know, YUP, IT IS MY PROBLEM... Wake UP!

BTW, I have nothing against any of these people! They work hard! They do an excellent job! They pay Taxes... They have babies, they will become American. They are goal and Family oriented.. They will become the majority race within 50 years - Don't forget, They won't. It will become their country too. Let's see if it's your problem then when your flower is plucked and you can't afford to live in Connecticut where your income outnumbers more than 75% of the rest of the country!

After rereading this I sound mean but the facts are the facts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lyn Black in Duluth, Minnesota

84 months ago

Jan in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: As a job developer, I have never been able to get any of my people connecter with Aerotek. No matter what their qualifications, they just never seem to a fit for Aerotek. It is really my thought that maybe thry don't really have some of these jobs. It's a way to build their peopel base. How sad. I know of a story where a person was registered with Aerotek but found a job on his own. He was not aware that the Company had a contract with Aerotek. The Company hired him at a certain pay rate. Somehow Aerotek found out he was working at a Company they contracted with and informed he was registered with them. He was forced to take the lesser pay to keep the job. Aerotek got credit for that placement and they had nothing to do with it. This is why they register so many people. Just in case you get a job with one of their contracted companies on your own, they can claim it because you are registered with them.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I registered with them sometime ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Industry Professional in Hanover, Maryland

83 months ago

Wow - put your white hood back on and crawl under the rock you came from. If your read anything in the newspaper, you will see ICE is targeting "Temp Agencies" for illegal immigration. Aerotek checks all social security numbers and I-9's to ensure compliance. If you can prove they hire illegals, call INS and get your reward. Believe me that smaller agencies are doing this and they are ending up in jail.

Ctown Former Atek in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Clemson Alumni in Easley, South Carolina said: To the Greenville SC former Aerotek employee. I have been offered a job at the Greenville office as a recruiter. Should I take the job or not? I want to know if all the things they tell me in my interviews are true, or are they just sugar coating the job. What advice do you have for me?
Thanks

i would go against it. i had a bad experience working in the Cleveland office. It wasnt so much the recruiters as the management. It is largely ineffective and lost. No positive motivation 11hr days and crappy positions there. I do know however that every office is different, but i have cautioned my friends about taking jobs there. I left and i am better for it. I wasnt the only one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

eagleexec in West Allis, Wisconsin

81 months ago

That simply can't be true. I in no way work with Aerotek, but no staffing firm can claim a candidate belongs to them simply because they have the person in their database. They would have done nothing to merit the fee.

CPO in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

Aerotek...
The same company that wasted hours of my time. I'm a electronics/avionics technician with well over thirty years of experience in both the military and civilian sectors.
I applied with these boneheads, spent loads of time and lots of gas driving 60 miles to their office in Dallas.
They were totally disorganized, had no idea what an avionics technician does for a living and when I accepted a possible interview they sent off to another location another 45 miles from the Dallas location where the idiot behind the desk, the receptionist, refused to accept my VALID SSN card (of course I also had my birth certificate, retired military ID, DD214's DL's, etc etc with me). She said it had to have "brackets" on it. WTF? This is my SSN card, the original from the late 1950's. This babe was all of 20yrs old...could not recognize a valid SSN card if it bit her.
It was apparent these idiots would come up with any excuse NOT to allow me to even fill out any forms.
I contacted the The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices as they refused my legit SSN card and refused me employment.
Aeroteks' dirtbag attorney in Washington, who claimed to work for the DOJ, did everything he could to try and stop me from filing a claim. He even threatened me with "blacklisting."
I never heard anything from the DOJ, and I continue to send Aerotek applications to this day.
I have never heard a thing from them.
I guess I have been "blacklisted."
Great company, huh?

Rodger in Ottawa, Ontario

80 months ago

Mary Hens in Berkley, Michigan said: It sounds like we think alike i would like to make contact I need some help to bury the egos at aerotek.

Hey Mary,

I've been thinking about Aerotek for a long time. I'd also love to have a chat with you and talk about your experiences. Plz feel free to touch base at rsolosh@gmail.com. If anyone would like to chat don't hesitate to send me a message.

Thanks for all your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

james bryan in Ashtabula, Ohio

78 months ago

I would like to know why areotek can refuse me a job because i smoke but i could work for them if i did not smoke but i could breath weld smoke and fumes i think that company should be to be suide for discrimination against smokers iam really pissed off about this i feel like iam no good person because i smoke and i think that should be against the law

Paul McLaughlin in Eugene, Oregon

78 months ago

james bryan in Ashtabula, Ohio said: I would like to know why areotek can refuse me a job because i smoke but i could work for them if i did not smoke but i could breath weld smoke and fumes i think that company should be to be suide for discrimination against smokers iam really pissed off about this i feel like iam no good person because i smoke and i think that should be against the law

Had to force myself to learn not to light up a cigerate during my lunch break. I had to teach myself to give up smoking by chewing on candy and bubble gum. Had not had a cigeratte for over 20 years. 20 years of smoking is not good at all. almost two packs per day. Smoke cigrerates out side from the company not inside of the company. Talk to your union rep. about rules in your company. www.efn.org/~scan scan@efn.org

james bryan in Ashtabula, Ohio

78 months ago

well they wont even hire me because i smoke

Zoe Stein in Somewhere

76 months ago

Former Aerotek Employee in Greenville, South Carolina said: I worked for Aerotek for almost 3 years. Some of the things said here are true and some are not.
It is true that Aerotek Employees will post a job to get leads to try and break new business. It is true that they will screen phone calls, and YES it is true the lower they can pay you the more the recruiter will make on his or her weekly commission.
Aerotek hires a bunch of young kids out of college and that is why they are so disorganized. These kids stay for 1 maybe 2 years and leave. Now some that come in at the right time stay longer but why do you think that most people at Aerotek are so young. They don't pay much of a base salary and when that young kid gets job experience their self they leave. Well Aerotek continues to make the money that kid produced and they don't have to pay the commission anymore.
I will give Aerotek credit, They taught me a lot to get to the position I am at today, but that company is a joke and some of the DBO's and RVP's in the Southeast are a joke.

Well said... I just quit today after 1.5 years and it's unbelievable how horribly they treat both internal and external employees. They need to take a good look at their management. I think the SE RVP is their biggest problem! Who can take that guy seriously? Everyone in that company is taught to be backstabbers and corporate jerks. With all the office politics it's no wonder they get such a bad reputation. The employees end up spending their time worrying about weather or not they are going to have a job the next day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

31 months ago

My questions might sound weird, but here it goes. I had an interview at the Aerotek office yesterday. After that, I waited in a room for all other interviews that needed to be done that day. The people that made the cut, had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, like personal info, W-4, direct deposit info, etc. Then, right from there I had to take a drug test. I was told I would be called today to be given a time to meet at the company I will be "working" for an orientation tomorrow. I still have not been told that I have the job. I ASSume, that they are waiting for drug test and background results.

Do they normally have you go through all of this process before knowing that they are going to hire you?

Once hired, do I work for Aerotek or the company I will actually be doing work for? Who will my employer be? I received papers on benefits, but it was from Aerotek. When I tried to ask questions, he just said, we will talk about all of that later...and never did.

Is there a probation period, then I will work for the company I am actually doing work for? I really need this job, but I want to know what to expect. The ad said that the starting salary was $10.00 an hour, but yesterday, she said it just changed to $11.00. Everything is sounding too good to be true and going really fast. I will say, I am the one that made follow up calls to get the interview, they did not return phone calls. I am not complaining, just throwing it out there, that if YOU want it, YOU have to go get it.

What are some good questions that I should ask tomorrow at the orientation?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.