Don't work for Aerotek

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 263)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

John Doe in Denver, Colorado

91 months ago

Aerotek is one of the worst staffing agencies next to Manpower. They don't follow up with applicants and the recruiters are rude and unprofessional. I have been hiring and recruiting for a real company for ten years and I can't imagine why anyone would put their creers in Aeroteks hands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (253) / No (97) Reply - Report abuse

John Smith of New Jersey in Hanover, Maryland

91 months ago

John Doe said: Aerotek is one of the worst staffing agencies next to Manpower. They don't follow up with applicants and the recruiters are rude and unprofessional. I have been hiring and recruiting for a real company for ten years and I can't imagine why anyone would put their creers in Aeroteks hands.

They helped me get a job. They've always helped me, and my family. Maybe it's because you spell careers "creers" or are unprofessional yourself when speaking to them or can't hold a job for over a year. Stop complaining about these agencies. They may be annoying and call you all the time, but they can help sometimes. If you don't want to work with them, just tell them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (128) Reply - Report abuse

layla in Highland, Indiana

91 months ago

John Doe said: Aerotek is one of the worst staffing agencies next to Manpower. They don't follow up with applicants and the recruiters are rude and unprofessional. I have been hiring and recruiting for a real company for ten years and I can't imagine why anyone would put their creers in Aeroteks hands.

I almost went with Aerotek until I read some of these postings. Can anyone please tell who a good staffing agency would be? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Smyle in Denver, Colorado

91 months ago

Aerotek indeed has a very poor approach to responding to candidates and following up. They will not even return e-mails or voice mails directed at the particular individual contact listed on the job description. Aerotek, shame on you. You receive an F for customer service. I wonder if you treat your clients the same way. I'll do everything in my power to put a bad word in for Aerotek. Often I've been in a position to provide employers with input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

JJ

88 months ago

I HATE AEROTEK! I've never had an interview like the one I had with them! I actually was in TEARS by the end! The person I spoke with told me that NO ONE would hire me, and that he had a "bad feeling" about me. He also asked me a couple of nice, illegal questions about my medical history and how it might affect my performance. I hope they're prepared for a complaint to the EEOC and a possible lawsuit. NEVER turn to these people, they are horrible!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

John in Vernon, New Jersey

88 months ago

I would never work for Aerotek again.
Warning!DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH AEROTEK!
Went for a job on the day shift and when I was hired I was put on the night shift. When my contract expired I was asked to take a lower hourly rate of pay. Aerotek health plan is crap! The recuriters are not truthful and they work for the employers and not you!

Be very scared of Aerotek!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Abby in Trenton, Ohio

88 months ago

John Doe in Denver, Colorado said: Aerotek is one of the worst staffing agencies next to Manpower. They don't follow up with applicants and the recruiters are rude and unprofessional. I have been hiring and recruiting for a real company for ten years and I can't imagine why anyone would put their creers in Aeroteks hands.

No to Aerotek. O.K. What companies do you give high marks to for one who wants to work in the sales/recruiting industry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

DSB in Warren, Michigan

88 months ago

i've never worked for Aerotek, but many contract firms I have worked for are the same way. To them you're nothing but a piece of meat. I avoid them like the plague.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Poster Child for Aerotek Bites

88 months ago

John Doe in Denver, Colorado said: Aerotek is one of the worst staffing agencies next to Manpower. They don't follow up with applicants and the recruiters are rude and unprofessional. I have been hiring and recruiting for a real company for ten years and I can't imagine why anyone would put their creers in Aeroteks hands.

You preaching to the choir! I hope their dog dies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

down with aerotek in Brookfield, Wisconsin

88 months ago

aerotek is a bad company to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

What have I done? in Phoenix in Chandler, Arizona

88 months ago

I just started a job in Phoenix with Aerotek, but live 100 miles away in Tucson. They promised me a rate plus $50/day per diem. Well, that per diem was nothing but a tax-fiddle as their idea of this benefit is making the first $50 a day tax exempt. So, all I really get is $7.81 per day as the difference between what I pay in tax. That also reduces my Social Security rates as I am not being seen to make as much and my average will go down when I get my statement at the end of the year.

Now, after a 51 hour workweek, i found out that they only pay overtime rates agains the TAXABLE portion of my wage. This goes against all of the contract documents that I have signed with them. The only explanation that I get is that it is corporate policy.

Anyone know a good lawyer? I'm serious!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Listen Up

87 months ago

layla in Highland, Indiana said: I almost went with Aerotek until I read some of these postings. Can anyone please tell who a good staffing agency would be? Thanks

99.9% of recruiters are not qualified to do anything. Be honest about your abilities and personally apply to the companies that most interest you. Virtually all recruiters are idiots and you will waste alot of time trusting your career with them (not to mention suffer).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

liz in Lake Worth, Florida

86 months ago

i have the same problems with this agency, they are very rude especially in fortlauderdale and miami florida. they dont care about you. i came from atlanta to the miami office because they had a position open , i spoke to the recruiter before i came, when i got there , the receptionist told her i was there. she came out and said i dont know why this b---h come her without an appointment.tell her am out to lunch. i replied to her . one day you wont be able to go to lunch, because you are very rude. she was shocked,it was me standing at the desk.the clothes she wore was even rude, they all gather in one room talking crap and so loud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

chuck in Hazelwood, Missouri

86 months ago

If you convince them of terms different than they originally offered
GET IT in WRITING, otherwise the improved offer is worthless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Chemist in Sanford, Texas

86 months ago

Holy crap, you have been a recruiter for SEVEN WHOLE WEEKS!? That would mean that...what, you just graduated in May and they have you brainwashed with this false hope of being a professional?

John, you need to realize how the business you are in works-more bodies=more profit. They don't hire you based on any qualification-just that you are a person who is so desperate for money and a job after college (and not crazy) that you will be a body to do contacting/resume searching. That's it. I was offered a job with Aerotek in May as a "scientific recruiter" (yeah, right, like anyone there has any idea what HPLC or GC even stands for, or what you would use it for in a lab) when they wanted to place me with a company as a chemist (I have a chemistry degree), and this is how they get their business: by being the first one to contact you and get you started as quickly as possible before you realize what else is out there. I was actually in the interview and I used the full name "Gas Chromatography" in a sentence, and the scientific recruiter was like "well, you would be really good for this job, I didn't know that that even meant!" Bam, I had a job offer to work internally, just for knowing an acronym. This guy had been a "scientific recruiter" for almost FOUR YEARS!

Aerotek wants you to work long hours. The reason: any time you are not working, Aerotek is not making contacts with desperate college graduates who are still unemployed, because all of the good college graduates got jobs that actually require them to know something.

Aerotek lures you in with the hope of striking it rich in the staffing industry, but you need to realize: the company is an organized pyramid scheme. The only people getting rich are the few who are too dumb to quit a job they hate, and so they "move up" in the false heirarchial system that Aerotek has laid out, and all of the new minions (recent college graduate bodies filling spots) can now work to feed them fat salaries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

One of the most unprofessional things that demonstrates how much of a commodity the employees are to Aerotek: they won't even pay for you to come in for an interview. Why? They can't afford to, because they interview WAY too many people-remember, more bodies=more profits, which means you have to talk to EVERYBODY. The most you will EVER get out of them is paying for you to "lunch" with a client. That's right, they use the word "lunch" as a verb, just another tip-off of how poorly educated these people are. And the only reason they will do that: you guessed it, they could profit from it!!

And to reply to an earlier post, Aerotek is screwing you. I was first offered a position as a chemist paying $17/hour. The equivalent rate for that position in the chemical industry that Aerotek was billing Boston Scientific: $25/hour. You do the math. The company that Aerotek is working with sees you, the staffing hire, as a way to pay you $25/hour and skip paying you benefits, matching your 401(k), and relocating you. It's not bad for a first job, especially as a resume booster for a new graduate looking for experience in the chemical industry. But you could probably negotiate with the recruiter for a higher rate. If they refuse, threaten to sign with Kelly Scientific or another staffing company. You'll get a response soon enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Aerotek is the manifestation of an organized screening system. The end result: companies don't have to screen all the new college grads looking for work, and the college grads get paid less, since Aerotek is taking a cut of your salary, and giving you crap health care.
It's not the worst situation possible: if it were, companies wouldn't participate in the festivities of staffing. But don't for one minute think that an Aerotek recruiter is a professional. These people exist because of the fact that it is a way to get out of providing health care/benefits to new employees and not provide them with benefits until they can prove themselves hire-worthy, at which point, the staffed employee will be hired into the company and, consequently, leave Aerotek.

Recruiting is not a bad way to eek a living, if you don't mind being a scum low life in a suit. It happens, life is cruel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

HR Person in Greenville, South Carolina

86 months ago

Professional Recruiter, Aerotek may say they pay for all of this. As a former Aerotek Employee who hit the Contest 3 out of 4 years and was paid very well.
The truth is That is what the bill rate is for, that is why you ask or don't ask if the company wants a BG check or DT. Because you add a burden of plus 1 to your overall burden. So you may say that you pay for it but that is why you bump up the bill rate so you can cover the cost and your spread is better.
I am not knocking on Aerotek because If it wasn't for the job (internally) there I wouldn't be in HR making a great salary now and I don't have to work the hours that I used to. But don't say Aerotek pays for 5 or 6 insurance companies. It is not true, and to let you know that I just left Aerotek, I was at the National Meeting in Orlando this year and I did walk the stage and shake Tom Thorntons hand and party with John Popper from the blues traveler. You can debate this all you want, Aerotek doesn't want 90 day contracts anymore they want a minimum of 180 days and If you are still with Aerotek go to your DBO and say I only want 90 day contract and he will smack you. Also, I don't know which division you are in but I did deal with people that made as much as a recruiter or Account Manager that avg. 7K in spread. Oh and my avg. spread 18273 for 3 years, and yes that was Avg. Including my first year, it was 16400, but the first 13 weeks don't count toward the year end contest.
Also get it right Aerotek is not the largest staffing company in the world. You are the Largest PRIVATE OWNED STAFFING COMPANY. NOT THE LARGEST OVERALL. IF YOU WERE IN ORLANDO YOU WOULD KNOW THAT. ALSO YOU ARE ADDING IN TEKSYSTEM WITH YOUR BILLIONS, ALLEGIS GROUP IS THE FASTEST GROWING, AEROTEK IS AN UMBRELLA OF ALLEGIS GROUP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

lol at professional in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts

86 months ago

Professional Recruiter in Hanover, Maryland said: Also I think you misunderstood my money comment. I was stating that I as a recruiter make more than alot of my friends from college are making in their respective professions. I too have found jobs for people who make more than me. And it was in response to the asanine comment about Aerotek being a pyramid scheme, made by the person earlier in the blog.

If there are holes in your argument and you sit there trying to clear your name after you've been severely corrected, I think you should continue reading your company handbook. Maybe then you'll be just as successful as the person who just "tooled" on you. Until then, I'll keep re-learning the periodic table and laugh at you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Professional recruiter in Hanover, you are literally embarassing yourself on a public forum and proving my points at the same time, yet another testament to the "poorly educated" stereotype I introduced into the discussion.

You say that you are a professional because you "get up everyday, shave, shower, put on a suit and go to work". This, in your opinion, "sounds professional" to you. What you are failing to realize is that Aerotek has succeeded in selling you an idea-that by accomplishing those tasks, you are a professional. Congratulations, you have succeeded in waking up and dressing yourself for work-which is more than a lot of people can say, unfortunately, those people are called "drunks" and "coke addicts". What is your profession? What do you do at work?

You fill low-profile positions for companies who are looking to get out of paying benefits to entry level employees so that they can spend those savings on R&D, pension plans, and facility expansions. You have no valuable skill that can be regarded as a profession-that takes a long time to develop, sadly, not in the two years you have been in the industry. A professional does not simply possess a commodity skill-which is all you will be left with at the end of your tenure at Aerotek-the ability to search a database and talk to people without being rejected, something that any normal, good looking person can accomplish. It's a commodity skill which can be a line on a résumé, and hopefully teach you something so that you can spring into another career (as a previous post had suggested).

You also state that you enjoy helping people. That is good, there is hope left for you. That joy will disappear the longer you stay with the company. It just does-I noticed it from every higher-up I talked to in the "interview" process. Feel free to attempt to prove me wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

You need to understand that your job exists soley so that the driving force (companies loaded with professionals, making good products) are looking for ways to cut costs. There is a lot of money to be made there, if you don't mind being dependent on real companies. These companies are like "stallions", and Aerotek is like a "monkey with cymbols" in the business world. They are looked upon as tools to be used, not full people to be respected. And you have accepted that position simply because you can make money at it.

If it's the right thing for you, then by all means, be happy. But that entails you being on a lesser level of intelligence and self-respect than the normal people who aren't busting their asses for long hours and are actually spending time doing things outside of the place of business.

Remember this quote:
"There are two types of people in the world: workers and hustlers. Hustlers never work, and workers never hustle."

Which guy are you in this whole scheme?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

It's always fun to see recruiters get pwned...even in the Marines we thought recruiters were the scum of the earth, the only Marines you could never trust. They're on the level of car salesmen, I think. Suit, clean shave, smile and cheery attitude. But you know they could care less about you or your future with your investment(employment)... Their just lining their pockets. It's all a farce.

Plus, who goes to college to be a recruiter? Last I checked, you don't need a degree to pretend you know anything about a job description. Aerotek gets a thumbs down from me... and for God's sake, take that goatteed jerk off your website, he's got that wholesome, "I love my job" look that just reeks of suspicion. You know something's up when the poster-boy looks THAT happy =).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

L.O., OHIO

86 months ago

Professional Recruiter in Hanover, Maryland said: My concern is you attacking my level of intelligence when you have never met me. That is a little too judgemental for my taste. I havent started a blog that says all chemists are virgins who live with their parents. How can you take your isolated incident with a recruiter, who very well may have been completely inept, and categorize an entire group of people as a group who is "less intelligent" and has "less self-respect". I work very hard to be good at my job. I dont work past 6. I work smart and I am sucessful. Do I have to apply theorums and formulas to succeed at my job? No, I dont. However I dont think that makes me dumber than anybody who does. As far as I am concerned you are coming off as very pompous. Try not to sound like you are sitting on your intellectual throne waving your wand at others.

You m_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s discriminate based on age. 'Nuff said !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

JLT in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

I've worked with several recruiters who were great and never once tried to get me to make a decision that wasn't in my best interest. I don't know a whole lot about Aerotek so I won't comment but anyone who categorizes all recruiters as "car salesmen and scum" are narrow minded and undereducated. That's like saying all people with brown hair are crooks (dumbest thing i've ever heard)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

JLT in Houston, Texas said: I've worked with several recruiters who were great and never once tried to get me to make a decision that wasn't in my best interest. I don't know a whole lot about Aerotek so I won't comment but anyone who categorizes all recruiters as "car salesmen and scum" are narrow minded and undereducated. That's like saying all people with brown hair are crooks (dumbest thing i've ever heard)

I did not categorize, I generalized. For that matter, I don't think "car salesmen/scum" are categories, as much as they fall under categories...

Hmm...what would fall in the "scum" category? Shaving scum? Soap scum?

Look, I don't care who you're defending, but I have my opinion of recruiters and I'm damn well entitled to it. I think it is funny how they (and people who are loyal to them, only god knows why) feel like they have to be so defensive when their credibility is put in question. I mean, if I were a baker and someone accused me of being a butcher, I wouldn't instantly jump on board and talk about how wearing white and a funny looking hat make me a great baker. I would just keep making bread, laugh it off and keep my mouth shut, knowing the accuser didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

As for narrow-minded and undereducated, I think you have a problem when identifying these qualities. How about this: Someone who doesn't work in the field of recruiting, who resorts to name-calling rather than any solid argument.

Sound about right? I thought so. Hey, maybe since you're an expert on the subject you should be a recruiter for recruiters. Ya know, help us weed out the bad ones. Thanks for your reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Printer in Minneapolis, Minnesota

85 months ago

Recruiters are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Don Cornealeous in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

John Doe 2 in Tampa, Florida said: Unprofessional is
an understatement. $$ is the main factor with Aerotek. The more they can put in thier pockets the less someone qualified will have a chance. They prefer turnover type employees who will not stay on the job or who just do not cut the mustard. That gives them a everending pool of workers that will never be hired on for a permanent long lasting position with benefits. The new Aerotek commitment to excellence!

Amen to that brother. I went to aerotek about a month ago and they have done pretty much everything but helped me. I called them, went to the office everything and they dont do jack. Im a fully certified welder with many years of experience and for some odd reason i cant get a job down here in texas, i just relocated from PA. This blows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chemist in Rosharon, Texas

85 months ago

Holy crap, another recruiter that it is hopeless to explain how their business works. You just don't get it, do you.

The jobs you fill are CRAP! I realized this when I was approached by a large chemical company for a 10x better position. If you are in a technical field, and are actually smart in your field, the only job that a staffing company like Aerotek can get for you is the lowest paid, lowest job in the field. The company will do its own recruiting for the people it actually wants.

The only staffing companies worth talking to are the small ones that have very long standing contracts with the chemical company you are working for-again, the staffing company is simply the middle man, lining his pockets and offering the real company a way to escape paying benefits, while also offering the company some disposable labor (canceling a contract is much easier than firing an employee).

Instead, recruiters are taught to say that people who complain are "unemployable"-because that is what a recruiter is: an unemployable (usually) business major. If they were smart, they would be using their mind in a real job, actually applying their knowledge. Instead, a recruiter is doomed to a job of faceless telephoning, mindless resume database searching, and nurturing a hope of sticking it out longer than their competition (their fellow employees) and getting promoted to an account manager or regional manager. What most of these people fail to realize is that there are people who don't have to put up with that crap.

It's not all bad, the money is pretty good. But most of these staffing people need to realize what the real power is here: real companies of scientists and engineers making good products who need to cut costs in the hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Richard D. Martin in Boca Raton, Florida

85 months ago

Aerotek is as bad as if not worse than Manpower. I have sent resumes via CareerBuilder.com with a "please call me" as part of cover letter. No one in the office has bothered to even recognize me. To everyone out there: try Express Personnel; at least they will return your call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Reply to John Doe in Saint Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

John Doe in Wheeling, Illinois said: As an internal employee of Aerotek, these comments are exaggerated. The recruiters put in long hours to help people like you look for work. We advise that people conduct there own searches. We would love to place everyone, but it is nearly impossible.

I would say a bunch of crap. You guys tricked me into telling you the name of the people I worked with after I singed up with you. Then you can go directly to them without paying referral bonus. You are a bunch crooks. You still have not come through with any jobs because I refussed to work as contract. You could not even line up an interview.
This is a warning to candidates who are thinking of working for "Aerocrook".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Salinas, California

84 months ago

I worked at Aerotek corporate HQ right out of college about nine years ago. From the comments here, it seems little has changed. To anyone considering a corporate job there, let me tell you about my experience (this may or may not have changed since the late 90's). First, they hire a lot of fresh college graduates into a position called "Business Operations Associate" or something vague like that. They hire many non-business majors, which should've been a warning sign. At orientation, you will learn that they also have a fair number of non-college graduates doing the same job you will be doing, another warning sign. You will eventually learn that your "business operations" job is just a fancy way of saying you will be a payroll clerk and a corporate A/R collector. The pay is crap, but you will be told that you are getting paid lower than industry average because you are part of the team and they will dangle the possibility of stock incentives out there at some indeterminate time in the future (this was nearly ten years ago and the company is still privately held). You will be told of the bonuses you can earn, but you will bust your hump and earn only about 50% of what was supposedly possible. In the meantime, while you are being told how all the money you are not seeing in your check is being reinvested in the company, you will see the company's owner, Steve Bisciotti, driving his Ferrari around, paying $800M cash to buy the Baltimore Ravens, and landing on Forbes' Richest Americans list. I only lasted nine months before I couldn't take it anymore, leaving for a job that paid 50% more. In those months I saw a steady stream of anyone with any talent leaving for greener pastures, and I imagine the exodus continued after I left. To replace the ones who wise up, they just go out every May and hire a ton of naive newbies. Do yourself a favor and don't be one of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

D in Stow, Ohio

84 months ago

Abby in Trenton, Ohio said: No to Aerotek. O.K. What companies do you give high marks to for one who wants to work in the sales/recruiting industry?

I have worked for Aerotek in California. The Sacramento office. Brenden Dineen is a great guy.There are other staffing agencies, such as Remedy.The only thing I don't like about the Aerotek in Cleveland, if you are applying for another job, don't tell them. They will call the prospective employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jobber in Jupiter, Florida

84 months ago

Never a return call, no reply, no sign of life. Seems to me to be very unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AerotekHater johnson in Saint Paul, Minnesota

83 months ago

after reading all this information i just really want to sue aerotek. because they played me dirty as well and there, i know they are very sneaky. on all aspects of how they hire, i was hired once with others to work, and 40% of people got fired, or let go for mystery reason, but they shouldnt of even been there in the first place. i just think i will sue them for the mental damage aerotek has done to me. after i was let go i went in to a spiral downwhirl of debt with no job or anything and they said they were gonna get me a job now im broke with no expenses because all my bills have been sent to collections. but jobless. all thanks to aerotek. at least i still can afford my free lawyers to sue aerotek. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

SO if any one wants to sue aerotek for mental stress and financial damage to your life just make post and lets get are voices heard. if any one was mentally and finacially damaged, by lies of the AEROTEK company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mick Thomas in Anaheim, California

83 months ago

The owner of Aerotek owns an NFL team. What does that tell you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Yeah he is So rich, probely owns the cowboys. but that besides the point i do think that some one needs to start a company thats better then aerotek. a company with a better name. with good values thats what i think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

BAS in Canyon Lake, Texas

83 months ago

JJ said: I HATE AEROTEK! I've never had an interview like the one I had with them! I actually was in TEARS by the end! The person I spoke with told me that NO ONE would hire me, and that he had a "bad feeling" about me. He also asked me a couple of nice, illegal questions about my medical history and how it might affect my performance. I hope they're prepared for a complaint to the EEOC and a possible lawsuit. NEVER turn to these people, they are horrible!

Yes I agree, I have a great resume but every time I apply for one of the positions Aerotek has they never respond or when I call they say I don't have enough experience, and never call me when they have something I know I can do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Laurens, South Carolina

81 months ago

I would like to know more about your experience with the Greenville office of Aerotek Commercial Staffing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

abt in Virginia

80 months ago

Aerotek.......I had a interview with them and then with customer. I did accept the job, but then 2 days later I got a better offer with my previous company. OMG! They called from a blocked number and read me my rights. The "kind" lady they told me I was unethical and dishonest. Use your own judgement with anyone that you work with that gets a commission. This is a second warning to candidates who are thinking of working with/for Aerotek. Don't cross them or you will never work with you again. Or at least that's what they told me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VAVA Mk2 in Charlotte, North Carolina

78 months ago

People that end up working for a recruitment agency are those who are too dumb to get a real job or those that did not pay enough attention in college so they have to find other people crappy jobs, ones they themselves do not even qualify for. Several guys and girls in my apartment community work for Aerotek and I can safely say that from what I see, it is the crowd that just got out of college and is desperate for work and p****d their time in school away drinking (one graduated in my college class and is definitely not mature enough or smart enough for real work...TRUST ME)...do not trust your career in the hands of people like this. The real good job market is known as the "hidden job market" which comes from networking, not trying to fill sh***y jobs these people push on you to make a buck. Trust me, I almost tried using a recruitment agency and glad I did not and instead was hired by someone directly with Vanguard based on my qualifications. Recruiters are only concerned with getting people to sign the contract and throw crappy job offers at them to get them hired ASAP to get the commission. I would never trust someone to find me work who is less qualified than I am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Lil' Miss having a good job in Lake Worth, Florida

77 months ago

Aerotek has greatly disappointed me twice. I quit my lead mechanical engineering position to start my own business 3 years ago (real estate related). Since the R.E. market is not great now, I decided to return to engineering thinking it would take a couple months to get back into it. Aerotek contacted me with a great position, set up an interview for me, and at the end of a pleasant interview the hiring manager said that I was exactly what they were looking for and that an offer is in the mail. Excited, I celebrated with family that night (the offer was $78k plus incentives). The recruiter called me and exclaimed, "wow, it must have went really great, I've never had such positive feedback from a hiring manager like that before." He asked if the salary was appropriate and I said, "yes, I'm ready to start Monday morning." 20 min later the recruiter calls to say that he negotiated $5k more. Of course I said, "great" although I thought it was odd that he took that liberty. 1 hour after that call, the recruiter called and all of a sudden the job was off the table. I was devastated and asked what happened. The recruiter callously said, "Oh, you never know with these things, they probably hired from within. Don't worry, I have plenty of other opportunities". Of which he never got back to me with. Yesterday, I got a call from Aerotek again, different agent, who said that the same company was looking for me because a position opened up. They set up an interview last minute for this morning. All dressed up and nervously prepared for the interview (email with directions and contacts in hand), I called the recruiter to tell him I was on my way. He said, "Who? Oh yes, they decided to cancel." I asked why and said he didn't know but he was "sorry". I will never deal with them again; I'm just glad I didn't waste gas. I guess, in a way, I could blame Aerotek for global warming if they do this on a regular basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

InYourSightez in California

77 months ago

I agree with all the comments. Don't be fooled by the friendliness that recrutiers have when they meet you for the first time. All they care about is getting you into their company so they can get rich.

Top mamagement is the same too. All employees at Aerotek do not look professional, are not professional since they are always late at starting interviews, and insult you during the interview~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Denver Colorado in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

Aerotek "IS" the worst staffing company in the country! They are nothing but "POND SCUM"! They do not follow Wage and hour Federal standards, as well as make money off of hard working people. You will never see a dime in bonus money they tell you that you will get. They will black ball anyone they don't like and they will lie about anyone that stands up for thier rights! They don't like people that think for themself! Think before you go work for these vermon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Jose in French Camp, California said: Same here, Aerotek has invaded Manteca Ca and san juaqin county I can't find a job quickly, there is a filter now being used "-Aerotek"

You are right! The filter needs to be changed to a good filter .......... not a used worn - out one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

John Doe in Wheeling, Illinois said: John, as an internal employee of Aerotek, I appreciate your effort to stand up for my company. I have been a recruiter for 7 weeks and I work long hours to help people like you. I wish you were in IL, so I could put you to work.

John Doe......... You are an inside plant!!!!!!! Of course you are going to talk nice! In a Socialistic Government, you will be repressed if you talk bad about your government! Jujst wait ..... you will see the light after you wake up from your dream! Afterall you have been asimalated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in deepinahearta, Texas

76 months ago

I had an experience with Aerotek after I got out of the Marines a couple years ago that forever changed my view of staffing companies. Its because of what happened with this company that I will only accept employment as a direct hire and strongly advise others to do the same.

I applied for a position as an electronics technician and went to an interview with a recruiter who said I was a "shoe-in" for the position after a short phone interview. When I arrived for the interview in person, she told me the job had been filled and started asking if I knew anything about HVAC... that kind of threw me, a bench technician doesn't have ANYTHING to do with heating/air conditioning. Anyway, she said its not that hard of a job and looks like pretty much the same thing, and since I was already there she was going to submit me for that job.

Two days later, she calls me back telling me that she's still waiting for an answer from the employer, but until then she has a position open as a shop clerk for a semiconductor company making $7.50 "maybe 8 if I can help ya out" to which my already desperate self agreed to another interview.

After much thought and realization, instead of going to that interview(because I could actually feel myself taking it in the rear) I decided to get drunk and call the recruiter to tell her I changed my mind. She tried to take my head off, yelling at me telling me how I'm worthless, unaccountable and how could I ruin such a great opportunity...as if it was a favor I was being handed. Unfortunately, I had beer muscles and Marine mentality so it kind of ruined the conversation and cut it short with the plump little lady. I hope she still works there, I could hear her sobbing on the other end lol. So yeah, go get hired direct, folks, better pay, better benefits.

And you won't have to make some recruiter cry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mayf in Abington, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Aerotek DID actually get me a chemistry job that I loved. They said they had health insurance but it was a joke so I got my own which is way too expensive. A lot of companies around here apparently rely on Aerotek and other recruiters and hate to start the lower echelon staff as permanents, so in some cases I think you almost have to go temp to get in. I do, however, think it is absolutely OBSCENE, the amount they make off you. You are working away and they are collecting the SAME amount you are for almost nothing!! Plus for the company to make you permanent they have to pay the staffing company thousands of dollars. I would suggest that before you agree to temp you get the details on the "benefits" and try to negotiate the amount/time to "freedom" if possible. They made a lot of money off of me and did very little. Now that the job is over, I am so behind financially that it's not funny. But it was the right thing for me to do at the time and I am glad for Aerotek's connections. And no, obviously I am not a plant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Denver Colorado in Littleton, Colorado

75 months ago

John Doe in Wheeling, Illinois said: As an internal employee of Aerotek, these comments are exaggerated. The recruiters put in long hours to help people like you look for work. We advise that people conduct there own searches. We would love to place everyone, but it is nearly impossible.

Of course you are going to say what you said. You work for them and are paid to say what you just said! I know, I worked for Aerotek and was told to refute any and all responses on this web site. You are no better than the "FOX in the HENHOUSE". Take your blinders off and wake up and smell the coffee. Shame on you you scammmer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Littleton, Colorado

75 months ago

Mayf in Abington, Massachusetts said: Aerotek DID actually get me a chemistry job that I loved. They said they had health insurance but it was a joke so I got my own which is way too expensive. A lot of companies around here apparently rely on Aerotek and other recruiters and hate to start the lower echelon staff as permanents, so in some cases I think you almost have to go temp to get in. I do, however, think it is absolutely OBSCENE, the amount they make off you. You are working away and they are collecting the SAME amount you are for almost nothing!! Plus for the company to make you permanent they have to pay the staffing company thousands of dollars. I would suggest that before you agree to temp you get the details on the "benefits" and try to negotiate the amount/time to "freedom" if possible. They made a lot of money off of me and did very little. Now that the job is over, I am so behind financially that it's not funny. But it was the right thing for me to do at the time and I am glad for Aerotek's connections. And no, obviously I am not a plant.

These verman would sell thier own mother down the river! I know that they found you something in your time of need, and I know you had to work to make ends meet for the time being, so now, keep looking and do what you have to do to survive! In the future don't ever work for these scammers, and do everything in your power to put them out of buisness! Without hard working people like you, they will be nothing in the future!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.