Why cant we seek the employers directly

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

F B in Sterling Heights, Michigan

108 months ago

And bypass the ageny`s role..or is that employers themselves have worked out a deal that looks better at contracting agencies?It wasn`t like this a decade ago...there were no agencies at all...They were non-existant and now they have mushrommed like millions...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois

108 months ago

Emplores contract jobs out becase it is cheaper for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hope in Minneapolis, Minnesota

108 months ago

Employment agencies are not good for America. They hire illegals. I guess we should be thankful every job here isnt outsourced yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

108 months ago

F B in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: And bypass the ageny`s role.......It wasn`t like this a decade ago...there were no agencies at all...They were non-existant and now they have mushrommed like millions...

Actually, employment agencies have been around for over a hundred years in America. I personally worked for one myself 25 years ago.

The working world is changing. It used to be that a person could be hired and trusted to have a good work ethic so companies were comfortable hiring directly. These days there are so many people who approach the job interview with the idea that they are going to be discriminated against that they are ready to file a lawsuit at the first negative indication or mistake.

Just like department stores who have had to put theft prevention tags on all their merchandise due to so many shoplifters out there today, companies have had to protect themselves from people who do things like not really wanting a JOB so much as wanting to trap the company into a lawsuit. At least that is my opinion.

I predict that it will not be long before the only way to get hired is through an agency. Back in the 50's you typically were interviewed by the person who would be your boss on the job. Later, they went to hiring people through the company HR department. Now, people are hired through agencies.

Eventually (probably 20 years) you will just put your name on some register in your local or chosen area and the agencies will call you for interviews on a first come first served basis.

The purpose of that is so it is completely fair and only a special person (such as a veteran or disabled individual) would have a reason to be put higher in the list.

The post office already does that for mail carriers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

108 months ago

(edit)

I should add that the postal register is listed according to test score and the employment register I envision would naturally be listed according to education level and some sort of standard skills test results. You wouldn't be on the same list as a high school grad if you had a Doctorate of course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.