Why you think Aerotek sucks!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 89)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Tom in Henderson, Minnesota

124 months ago

Because they never return calls, and they are rude,and generally don't give a sh.... .

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Bartlesville Ok.

124 months ago

Aerotek contacted me several times for several positions. A few of these were unsolicited and that was fine. I understand they forward 10 bazillion resumes to the employer and the employer hires who the want either full time or contracted through Aerotek. What is unacceptable is there use you and throw you away attitude. Just let me know I'm not in the running for that particular contract and I'll go to the next one. The only difference between aerotek and my ex-wife is I'm sure not gonna give Aerotek a house and my dog.

Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Bartlesville Ok.

124 months ago

Ismael Colon in Fort Worth, Texas said: I'm looking for some help, i'm trying to find forums and network sites to market my busines for accounting and finance. I'm a recruiter for ESC (Executive Searrch Consultants) and would like any information that is valuable to the growth of my company.

Do you do energy stuff? If you do, contact Yvonne_Sylla@thinkenergygroup.com
Tell her Tim from Oklahoma sent ya. She might slap ya though :)

Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Bartlesville Ok.

124 months ago

Tim in Bartlesville Ok. said: Do you do energy stuff? If you do, contact Yvonne_Sylla@thinkenergygroup.com
Tell her Tim from Oklahoma sent ya. She might slap ya though :)

By the way Thinkenegerygroup is the best in the buss.

Reply - Report abuse

jason in Hanover, Maryland

123 months ago

Aerotek by far has been the best Recruting firm i have worked with. I agree that did not call me back once, but remember they are working with serveral resume and candidates. I did my part in following up and showed my intent on wanting the job and they found me the best job I have had. Thanks to Greg Stern in Seattle, Washington in the Energy Division. Please contact him is you ever need anything. Thanks for changing the life for me and my family Greg, you truly are the best.

Reply - Report abuse

David in Concord, New Hampshire

123 months ago

This should be in it's own thread but I don't see how to start new threads. Anyway my comment relates to staffing agencies so it is somewhat related to This thread.

Last January I registerd with Resource Options Inc (based in Newton, MA). I took a day and drove down there, I talked to a gentleman for nearly an hour, Filled out an application form and completed a test. I had already emailed my resume and even left them a new and cleanly formatted resume. I was told my resume would not be simply filed, that he would really get it out there and help me find opportunities

Weeks went by. Then I emailed a couple times and no response. Finally weeks later I called and left once a voice mail another time a person answered and I asked to speek with the rep I had met. Neither call was returned. I have kept an eye on their website and don't see much.

Why did they first promise so much yet end up offering so little. Not even replying to an email saying they don't have anything. Even answering my calls would have been nice.

Is this at all typical of staffing agencies? I realize the companies pay them to find candidates but that shouldn't mean that the candidates are not worthy of respect!

What do you guys think?

At this point I have pretty much given up on this and other staffin agencies.

For the record..I am searching for entry level environmental science postions. I have plenty of education but not much experience. The lack of experiences is WHY I sought and seek temp work!

David

Reply - Report abuse

Printer in Minneapolis, Minnesota

123 months ago

Tom in Henderson, Minnesota said: Because they never return calls, and they are rude,and generally don't give a sh.... .

Its thier job to collect as many "possible employees" as they can, try to recruit thier references and lie through thier teeth. I've them try to almost get me into a job for as much as I wanted only to have them try to lower the money upon excepting the job.

Even the nicest people at staffing companies are paid liars. That is just how it is when you are in the business of desception. They lie to you and the company thier recruit for. Thats how they make the money.

Reply - Report abuse

Excellent Personnel Manager in Monroe, Louisiana

123 months ago

Printer in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Its thier job to collect as many "possible employees" as they can, try to recruit thier references and lie through thier teeth. I've them try to almost get me into a job for as much as I wanted only to have them try to lower the money upon excepting the job.

Even the nicest people at staffing companies are paid liars. That is just how it is when you are in the business of desception. They lie to you and the company thier recruit for. Thats how they make the money.

I am a Personnel Manager for a small staffing agency. I would like people to understand that our goal is to get you to work. Most of us work on comission and if you are not making money, we are not making money. Evaluate what you are asking for ( ex. Money, advancement, type of position) vs. the skill, work history and references you are getting from past employers and make sure they are realistic. Please know that we are the middle man when it comes to placing you on long term/permanent positions. Also, make sure that you follow up with your recruiter, if you are not making contact with them they will usually assume that you have found a position on your own.

Reply - Report abuse

123 months ago

Excellent Personnel Manager in Monroe, Louisiana said: I am a Personnel Manager for a small staffing agency. I would like people to understand that our goal is to get you to work. Most of us work on comission and if you are not making money, we are not making money. Evaluate what you are asking for ( ex. Money, advancement, type of position) vs. the skill, work history and references you are getting from past employers and make sure they are realistic. Please know that we are the middle man when it comes to placing you on long term/permanent positions. Also, make sure that you follow up with your recruiter, if you are not making contact with them they will usually assume that you have found a position on your own.

Yes, that is how it's how its supposed to be. Unfortunately, that isn't how it usually is. My expectations were realistic - just not with the services I have used. After being to several agencies including Aerotech I could see what the name of the game was, its the lowest dollar to the most qualified worker. I understand thats how business works but when you ask someone to work for 30-50% less than my previous job and a dollar more than what I made training as a pressman 10 years ago that isn't realistic either.

I've noticed alot of the more adequate jobs are just bait. I would apply for the jobs and get questionable feedback. When the job calls for someone with the exact same experience and I overmatch that 5 times over and agree to the price you gotta wonder!

Reply - Report abuse

Bill Lundberg in Charles City, Virginia

123 months ago

I work for a major staffing company. I am responding to the comment regarding the pay rates being 30-35% less than "your last position". Pay rates are determined by the end employer. If they are a company that typically pays less than others for the same skill, then we have to do the same. If a company is looking for 2 years of experience and paying 50K, you have 5 years of experience and are looking for 60K, then we would likely call you to see if it would be an opportunity that you would be interested in (you never know someone's situation off a resume)...even thought the pay may be lower than what you should be able to dictate. It's simple supply and demand. I have seen pay ranges vary from $20/hr - $40/hr for the exact same skill before..it all depends on situational factors. Thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

Excellent Personnel Manager in Monroe, Louisiana

123 months ago

Most people these days do not have the mentality "you have to start somewhere". I have interivewed people that are making $10/hr and will not leave their current job for more than $12. Very often our clients will evaluate your pay shortly after you start with them. You also have to realize that the employers pay pretty hefty fees for agencies finding their people. They offset that cost by paying lower while you are with the agency and give a fairly large raise once you hire on with the company!

Reply - Report abuse

123 months ago

Bill Lundberg in Charles City, Virginia said: I work for a major staffing company. I am responding to the comment regarding the pay rates being 30-35% less than "your last position". Pay rates are determined by the end employer. If they are a company that typically pays less than others for the same skill, then we have to do the same. If a company is looking for 2 years of experience and paying 50K, you have 5 years of experience and are looking for 60K, then we would likely call you to see if it would be an opportunity that you would be interested in (you never know someone's situation off a resume)...even thought the pay may be lower than what you should be able to dictate. It's simple supply and demand. I have seen pay ranges vary from $20/hr - $40/hr for the exact same skill before..it all depends on situational factors. Thanks.

Yes,situational factors. Um, yeah Bill, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of agree with you on that? Yeah. The truth is almost all of the jobs are unbelievably low paying. I might be about to handle 35% less but there is no chance on paying the bills with half the money! The printing trade always gets slow during the summer and due to the lack of jobs it gives the employer the right to ask for lower rates for the desparate people that take these jobs. Add the temp service fee and I cant afford to take the job!

Reply - Report abuse

teddy in Littleton, Colorado

122 months ago

richard in Hanover, Maryland said: Maybe if you were qualified for the job and did not have 30 different jobs in the last 12 months you would find work.

30 different jobs in a year...You must be a recuiter...stop trying to look good because it won't work.

Reply - Report abuse

John M in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

122 months ago

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that do not understand how this business works. We are not in the business of finding jobs for qualified candidates, we are in the business of finding qualified candidates for current openings with our clients. There is a BIG difference.

Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

122 months ago

Rod Temple in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: No.....what you are is a slimy parasite, a paper chasing pimp that tries to beat down the fair cost of labor and skills. I went this route once because I thought it may be more "professional" boy was I wrong. Nothing but a bunch of unskilled no-nothing snotty nosed paper chasing pimp whelps trying to tell me "you don't know how things work now".....What a snow job. The fact is any idiot who can talk on a phone can be a recruiter and any dipstick with a inhuman streak can be a HR Generalist.
Mark my words I dumped these monkeys off my back, It was a matter of 16 days before I was at it again and at 30% more (with full company paid benefits) in pay than the song and dance Aerotek fed me.
Do yourselves a favor have some confidence, don't believe these dips, if you are in the technical trades you are in demand.
Here is some words for you "recruiters"...stick to McDonalds and Wal-Mart...your out of you league on the technical side......climb back under your rock.

Amen.

Reply - Report abuse

122 months ago

John M in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that do not understand how this business works. We are not in the business of finding jobs for qualified candidates, we are in the business of finding qualified candidates for current openings with our clients. There is a BIG difference.

oh thank you for that kidney stone of wisdom.

Reply - Report abuse

122 months ago

Rod Temple in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: No.....what you are is a slimy parasite, a paper chasing pimp that tries to beat down the fair cost of labor and skills. I went this route once because I thought it may be more "professional" boy was I wrong. Nothing but a bunch of unskilled no-nothing snotty nosed paper chasing pimp whelps trying to tell me "you don't know how things work now".....What a snow job. The fact is any idiot who can talk on a phone can be a recruiter and any dipstick with a inhuman streak can be a HR Generalist.
Mark my words I dumped these monkeys off my back, It was a matter of 16 days before I was at it again and at 30% more (with full company paid benefits) in pay than the song and dance Aerotek fed me.
Do yourselves a favor have some confidence, don't believe these dips, if you are in the technical trades you are in demand.
Here is some words for you "recruiters"...stick to McDonalds and Wal-Mart...your out of you league on the technical side......climb back under your rock.

I would have to agree. Most of these guys would pick my brain to try to learn more about what they are trying to recruit me for! If that doesnt raise a red flag than someones blind. There were jobs I was WAY MORE THAN QUALIFIED FOR and I didnt get it. It just backs up that they lure you in with a job opportunity and collect your info.

Reply - Report abuse

Juan in Norman Park, Georgia

122 months ago

David in Concord, New Hampshire said: This should be in it's own thread but I don't see how to start new threads. Anyway my comment relates to staffing agencies so it is somewhat related to This thread.

Last January I registerd with Resource Options Inc (based in Newton, MA). I took a day and drove down there, I talked to a gentleman for nearly an hour, Filled out an application form and completed a test. I had already emailed my resume and even left them a new and cleanly formatted resume. I was told my resume would not be simply filed, that he would really get it out there and help me find opportunities

Weeks went by. Then I emailed a couple times and no response. Finally weeks later I called and left once a voice mail another time a person answered and I asked to speek with the rep I had met. Neither call was returned. I have kept an eye on their website and don't see much.

Why did they first promise so much yet end up offering so little. Not even replying to an email saying they don't have anything. Even answering my calls would have been nice.

Is this at all typical of staffing agencies? I realize the companies pay them to find candidates but that shouldn't mean that the candidates are not worthy of respect!

What do you guys think?

At this point I have pretty much given up on this and other staffin agencies.

For the record..I am searching for entry level environmental science postions. I have plenty of education but not much experience. The lack of experiences is WHY I sought and seek temp work!

David

David,
Most of these staffing agencies are looking for people without an education or minimum work experience. They know if you are educated or are a seasoned professional, then you are not going to work for 8 to 10 bucks an hour, so they focus on others who are willing to work for that amount. Thats how they make money.

Reply - Report abuse

MNtwins in Minneapolis, Minnesota

122 months ago

Careerbuilder in my area should just call themselves Areotech. Out of a 100 jobs in every email Aerotech has 98 or 99. Career builder is worthless now. I would never quit a job for some lowlife staffing agency. They are all swindlers

Reply - Report abuse

Me, just me in Winter Springs, Florida

122 months ago

MNtwins in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Careerbuilder in my area should just call themselves Areotech. Out of a 100 jobs in every email Aerotech has 98 or 99. Career builder is worthless now. I would never quit a job for some lowlife staffing agency. They are all swindlers

Aerotek is an extension of thingamajob.com and they are either an owner or own part of it. Use -Aerotek in your search, it'll filter out the nasty little bugger.

Reply - Report abuse

Rod Temple in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

122 months ago

Well David this is what I think.
This is my First and LAST experience with Areotek or any other staffing agncy...I have posted it in the past.

Aerotek is juat a plain mess They are having such a hard time findig Manufacturing and Fabrication people in my area...they contacted me 4 times but with their crappy health insurance and lousy offers I told them no and to leave me alone! finally on the 4th time I was contacted by their recruting manager for an estimating position in the commercial operations department for a large company. Again I told them no because of the health insurance. Finally they came back at me with an offer of fully paid Health insurance, paid holidays and ect. so I agreed...biggest mistake in my life...after I started, the recruting manager left Aerotek and they assigned me to this little snot nosed welp who had no idea of the "special" deal that was laid down...its been a 3 month fight so far forcing them to keep up their end of the deal. Thank god I only have a little more time with these idiots as I'm going back to the company I left..DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH AEROTEK...they are slime and incompetent.If I would stay with then for 2 more months the company I'm working for now will make me a full employee but I'm so sick of them I'm going back to LMC..as of next week I'm on strike with these idiots!!!!
If they happen to approach you with a "special" deal do what I did and make sure you get it all in writing!!..they will try to screw you! I was lucky because this company was very large (GE) and they liked me so Aerotek backed off as I stared to bad mouth them to GE and they wanted to save face there.....they are lying scum!!

Reply - Report abuse

hope in Minneapolis, Minnesota

122 months ago

Me, just me in Winter Springs, Florida said: Aerotek is an extension of thingamajob.com and they are either an owner or own part of it. Use -Aerotek in your search, it'll filter out the nasty little bugger.

Thanks. They don't show up anymore

Reply - Report abuse

JLO in Fairfield, California

122 months ago

I have been sending the resumes to Aerotek whenever there is a job opening. I never have heard anything from them!!!! I think they should accept any handicapped like me ( I am hearing-impaired).

Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Des Plaines, Illinois

122 months ago

Tom in Henderson, Minnesota said: Because they never return calls, and they are rude,and generally don't give a sh.... .

aerotek sux big time was working for them next thing the job is slo havent worked 3 weeks yet tell me were looking try find you something but all these posting u cant find us something plzzzzzzzz

Reply - Report abuse

t.t in Naperville, Illinois

122 months ago

aerotek is the worst company in us.

Reply - Report abuse

t.t in Naperville, Illinois

122 months ago

Aerotek is juat a plain mess They are having such a hard time findig Manufacturing and Fabrication people in my area... I agreed...biggest mistake in my life...after I started,DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH AEROTEK...
If they happen to approach you with a "special" deal do what I did and make sure you get it all in writing!!..they will try to screw you! .....they are lying scum!!

Reply - Report abuse

.... in Sacramento, California

121 months ago

Aerotek is always trying to promote the same companies that no one really wants to work for. I went to them 2 years ago and they told me there was a wonderful opportunity with a company in structural engineering. Went to the interview with the company and it turned out to be crap, long long hours, fixed salary, and alot of relocating. They couldnt get me another interview because "no one was hiring" at the time. I come back to them after the 2 years, and guess what?? They are still looking to place people in that same sh-itty job, and the Aerotek representative tells me that she "just placed 3 people into that company and they are loving it". I was laughing in my mind when she told me this because when i came in the last time, they told me the same exact thing. Tell me this stupid aerotek, if that position is so great, then why have you not filled it in the past 2 years? This company is horrible, they dont call back when they said they would. The rep told me she will get back to me in one week to tell me the feedback she recieves from other companies (she guaranteed there would be feedback, positive or negative). This is week 8, still havent heard from them. Do your self a favor and dont bother with these guys. They sit on their asss all day making promises that they cant keep.

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Indianapolis, Indiana

121 months ago

I'm a recruiter here in Indiana. There are things that you all are missing completely. Every week I have literally 100's of people applying to my postings and calling in. I have no doubt there are bad recruiters out there, just like there are bad employees at any company. The thing you need to keep in mind is that it's not a question of whether or not you might be able to do the job. We can only select 1 or 2 people to send over to a client. This being said if you are identical to another person, but the other person has 2 more years of experience, who would you hire? It's nothing personal, its business. If I replied back to every single person that applied to each of my postings, I would do nothing but write "ding" letters all day. Our clients pay us good money to find the best person, not just another person that might be able to do the job. You may have great work history, great education, etc. but if someone else has more experience, or is cheaper, or more education, and you were a recruiter who would you submit? It's my job to filter out 100's of people a week. I can't just submit someone because I feel sorry they don't have a job. If I did that, I'd be unemployed.

Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Richlands, North Carolina

120 months ago

michelle in Des Plaines, Illinois said: aerotek sux big time was working for them next thing the job is slo havent worked 3 weeks yet tell me were looking try find you something but all these posting u cant find us something plzzzzzzzz

I'm sorry, I don't recognize this language.

Reply - Report abuse

b00mer in Carrollton, Texas

120 months ago

I think my English is pretty decent. I have had several experiences with Aerotek. None of them good.

Reply - Report abuse

mickthomas in Anaheim, California

119 months ago

One thing all professionals need to know when working with staffing companies as far as rates are concerned. The agency will always, without exception, lowball you while marking up your rate to the client as much as possible. Many large firms for example, will pay the employee $40.00 per hour and then will bill you to their customer at $65.00 per hour. Also, they will often tell the company that they are paying you, in the above example, $40.00 per hour while they are actually paying you $35.00 per hour. Always verify your pay and bill with your client to keep the agency honest.

Reply - Report abuse

Mori in Olathe, Kansas

119 months ago

I am a Personnel Manager for a small staffing agency. I would like people to understand that our goal is to get you to work. Most of us work on comission and if you are not making money, we are not making money. Evaluate what you are asking for ( ex. Money, advancement, type of position) vs. the skill, work history and references you are getting from past employers and make sure they are realistic. Please know that we are the middle man when it comes to placing you on long term/permanent positions. Also, make sure that you follow up with your recruiter, if you are not making contact with them they will usually assume that you have found a position on your own.

That might be the case for you but that's not I seen over the last several months. I have applied to four or five temp agencies in the area, all of them telling me the same thing. I call and I get voice mail but no return call. The one time I did get through, the person I interview with only three weeks earlier with wonderful stories about helping me find a job, barely remembered me. The reason I decided to go this route because I need experience on two certain instruments and I thought this the best way to get it. I guess I was wrong.

Reply - Report abuse

TOP Dog Recruiter in Greenville, South Carolina

114 months ago

I worked for Aerotek in Greenville South Carolina and I will tell you that Aerotek in Greenville is a Joke. I worked there for almost 2 years and while I was there we lost 19 Recruiters. One of the recruiters left right after he got top recruiter reward. All have left for a better job. The problem is you have a Regional VP that is a joke and thinks firing everyone one threating to fire someone is what motivates. You have a DBO that talks out both sides of his mouth. Will tell you one thing and then go to everyone else and say another. He doesn't have the balls to say anything to anyones face. He cares for himself only, and even the people that have left. He tells them they are friends and then throws them under the bus. I would not recommend anyone to Aerotek. They are a joke.

Reply - Report abuse

mr mm in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

113 months ago

Thank You , Mr Temple in Pittsburgh keep sharing your expose on
the fraud of job recruiting. Its a conspiracy that
hopefully will be disabled soon. Another one to
avoid is Signature Staffing!

Reply - Report abuse

andrew white in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

112 months ago

I worked through Aerotek for 12 months. I found out how undercut I was from an onsite manager at the clients workplace after 2 weeks. Not wanting to job hop excessively, I stuck it out in the hope of future recognition, when Aerotek offered 25% more to stay, I left for a direct position for more money and benefits. There is no incentive on Aerotek's behalf to develop relationships with their contractors - they will continue staffing others through layoffs as the reputation of a staffing agency does not seem to matter in industry. I learned this important lesson and plan on starting a staffing agency soon. I may have an ignorant point of view, but to me, it seems like a good prospect with respect to low overhead - you can hire high school grads or A.As for recruiters and pay them like secerataries or car salesmen, maybe provide a comission scheme - and bill the client 50% more than your paying your contractors. I am not saying it will be easy, but I don't think it will be very complex. Cheers.

Reply - Report abuse

doc2go in Murrieta, California

109 months ago

The one thing that no one has seems to notice long enough to comment on is that staffing agencies (temporary "talent reservoirs") enjoy a sort of symbiotic relationship with modern Corporate America. The firms that use them know full-well that the agencies make a good deal more money on the contracts than the temporary employees, but they do not worry themselves over the notion that they are "overpaying the agency to get temps who are underpaid".
All they see is that they managed to keep their firm going with too little staff over the last ninety days, by not paying a higher wage than the temps are getting...plus retirement, plus medical, plus dental, plus vision, plus tuition reimbursement, plus paid holidays, plus paid vacations, plus workman's comp, plus their own liability insurance, plus per diem, plus uniforms/uniform allowances, etc. All of the pluses add up.
Those pluses may not be a factor (individually) in EVERY position or case, but they do set the tone for a mentality that no longer sees employers as having any obligations to their employees. How many times have we heard of people working toward a retirement for decades, only to be canned on the home stretch? The fact is, most companies have cut just about as much fat as they dare at the operational level. There isn't anything left to cut.
Can your business really grow and expand, without any body fat at all, or will it simply stagnate and fail? Unfortunately, that is a question those at the managerial level seemingly cannot comprehend. THEIR contracts, severances, perquisites, and bonuses are already sorted out into several attractive parachutes of gold. They literally don't have the same concerns as you and I, because they don't live in the same world as you and I.
Over the last ten years, the costs of goods (gasoline, heating oil, electricity, groceries, apparel, etc.) have TRIPLED. Not much cause for concern, right? Until you consider that WAGES HAVE STAYED PERFECTLY FLAT.

Reply - Report abuse

santa claus in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

MNtwins in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Careerbuilder in my area should just call themselves Areotech. Out of a 100 jobs in every email Aerotech has 98 or 99. Career builder is worthless now. I would never quit a job for some lowlife staffing agency. They are all swindlers

you got that right,don't forget spherion,express-personnel,all the
brain dead job search trash!!

Reply - Report abuse

Former Aerotek job seeker in Minneapolis, Minnesota

94 months ago

A Recruiter from Aerotek told me a position 20 miles away and for $11 an hour. He stated this was only for the week or two. He also told me to tell him how it went after the first day.
I called him up on Monday and said that this was financially hurting me, and not a suitable position. On Thursday, I gave another confirmation. He then threatens me by saying he will terminate my unemployment account. I was puzzled by this, but knew if I kept working there, I would lose money.
I said, I'll work Friday, and that's it.
As a result, I worked Friday, but my unemployment was cut off. I had my appeal; and it didn't go in my favor.
Aerotek is horrible! They send you out on bad jobs, and dump you there. I would have been there forever, losing money as the weeks went by. Because he did say, I have to stay there until he found me another job, which was different than "Work only the week or two".

Reply - Report abuse

frylock in Hackensack, New Jersey

94 months ago

Dear Former Aerotek job seeker in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
As I have discovered, there are many bad recruiters, even though Aerotek may not be at fault, except for hiring bad recruiters. A bad recruiter is like a bad salesman. The salesman can push an inferior product onto consumers. They can also push a good product on a bad customer that doesn't pay their bills and blames the product for not performing the way they want. You, myself, and thousands of other professionals have experienced the latter (The recruiter being the salesman that pushes the contract employee onto a bad client that treats the contractor poorly). The client blames the contractor. And the recruiter avoids dealing with the problem; but does whatever is necessary to continue business with the client company. Both are in the wrong. Your state Department of Labor is siding with the company because like everyone else, they are attempting to limit the payout to the thousands of unemployed.
I would like to know how long you are in-eligible for UI, and what course of action you were expected to take if getting to and from the job was not economically feasible with the pay/hours etc. It seems that you had a legitimate reason for leaving the job. If the work environment is causing excessive stress, that is another legitimate reason for leaving.

Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I think that it is a fair example of justice for there to be a public record of unprofessional and unethical practices done by employers including outsourcing to foreign countries because of bottom-line at the expense of American workers. I would like to start a new forum where other professionals share their experiences.
I would suggest that each person uses their own judgment regarding the information that is disclosed about individuals or the company. I would recommend being truthful, but professional. A negative comment about an experience in an organization does not imply the entire organization. I do admit that most of the time, managers ignore suggestions and/or feedback from their employees or just refuse to make changes to improve the environment or rectify issues. Since our voices are not heard in the workplace, we can get people to listen. "At-will" employment has been held over our heads for too long creating fear and submission in the workplace. I was fired from a job in 2005 (at age 44) for no reason other than "at-will". This incident ruined my career and ultimately my credit in the Department of Defense.
WAKE-UP AMERICA. IT'S TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR POWER.
Please provide your input; but professionalism is appreciated.

Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Frylock in Hackensack, New Jersey said: Dear Former Aerotek job seeker in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
As I have discovered, there are many bad recruiters, even though Aerotek may not be at fault, except for hiring bad recruiters. A bad recruiter is like a bad salesman. The salesman can push an inferior product onto consumers. They can also push a good product on a bad customer that doesn't pay their bills and blames the product for not performing the way they want. You, myself, and thousands of other professionals have experienced the latter (The recruiter being the salesman that pushes the contract employee onto a bad client that treats the contractor poorly). The client blames the contractor. And the recruiter avoids dealing with the problem; but does whatever is necessary to continue business with the client company. Both are in the wrong. Your state Department of Labor is siding with the company because like everyone else, they are attempting to limit the payout to the thousands of unemployed.
I would like to know how long you are in-eligible for UI, and what course of action you were expected to take if getting to and from the job was not economically feasible with the pay/hours etc. It seems that you had a legitimate reason for leaving the job. If the work environment is causing excessive stress, that is another legitimate reason for leaving.

It was in addition, very stressful and LONG. I never in my life in working at any job, felt so compelled to walk out. I was partially surprised I made it the full week.
According to unemployment, ineligible indefinitely.
I did the right thing; stayed the full week. Had choice of working there, losing money each week; or saying what he said from the start "work a WEEK or two; see how it goes."
So, NO income for a good solid month now. I have multiple job search sites AND temp agencies. It's horrible out there; hearing it's over 10% unemployment.

Reply - Report abuse

Gerald in Santa Ana, California

94 months ago

The problem is GREED. Aerotek only cares about one thing and one thing only...MONEY. I used to work for Aerotek as a recruiter years ago. I worked for in the Phoenix office and from what i hear now...Nothing has changed. That office is run by a tall, bald headed control freak. He strictly cares only about his base salary of 225,000 with bonuses. He's a great bullsh*ter, probably one of the best in the country. That office has lost tons of talent, but just like a revolving door, they push newbies in to replace them.

Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Dear Former Aerotek job seeker:
I would keep track of all records and correspondences with the recruiter, client company, and Dept of Labor in case you need to file a claim due to any illegal act. You should also know the law the best you can so that you can anticipate illegal proceedings and nail them! There are countless unethical and illegal activities going on in the workplace, and they try and are successful at intimidating workers into doing nothing about it. I would also look at all your alternatives including social services, food pantries, contacting creditors, phone, gas/electric service, etc. so that your credit and ability to survive financially is protected. You may be in for a long rough period along with about 1/4 of Americans who are unemployed or underemployed with income at or below poverty.

Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Dear Gerald in Santa Ana:
You hit it on the head. The problem is definitely greed at nearly every organization. This has been a problem since the beginning of mankind. The problem that America has been experiencing in recent history through today is the fact that laws made to protect every human being from tyranny and oppression no longer apply to everyone equally. What the mucky-mucks don't understand is that their greed for either monetary or power gain is their eminent destruction. They are most likely already spiritually dead. The Roman empire (as did many others) collapsed from within because of the elimination of the middle-class.
I also had an unpleasant experience with one of Aerotek's subsidiaries, Teksystems. After a good experience with Teksystems helping me land a contract-to-hire position, I was laid-off five years later. Five months later, Teksystems landed me a six month contract. I only started having problems when the client repeatedly made unreasonable demands including exhaustive overtime hours politically jeopardizing my reputation. I started to submit overtime hours through Teksystems after four months. Several days after the contract ended, Teksystems and the client company filed an "Unsatisfactory Performance Termination" against me.

Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I wrote out a large appeal letter; almost every detail I can think of that is vital to what had happened.
I'm hoping the end will convince them. It basically writes out that I can't see how it's right that some recruiter tells you it's a one to two week project, gets you into that job, then when you say, Ill work the last week; he turns around and says, "stay there until I find another job for you."

Reply - Report abuse

bb42 in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

Dan in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Amen.

Finally more people are seeing these crack pots for who they really are.

Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Littleton, Colorado

93 months ago

See ......... This is what I have been saying for years now! If we were to treat our families like they do we would be charged with domestic abuse and or mental abuse! Let us all keep up the fight, expose these vermon, and shut them down! Like I have said in the past...........you don't hear from John Paul II on here any more do you! Bet that coward lost his job just like all the other scumbags before him! Just another useless lying sack of scum sucking Aerotek puppet S*** for brains! Now I will tell you how I really feel about them! Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Littleton, Colorado

93 months ago

Former Aerotek job seeker in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: A Recruiter from Aerotek told me a position 20 miles away and for $11 an hour. He stated this was only for the week or two. He also told me to tell him how it went after the first day.
I called him up on Monday and said that this was financially hurting me, and not a suitable position. On Thursday, I gave another confirmation. He then threatens me by saying he will terminate my unemployment account. I was puzzled by this, but knew if I kept working there, I would lose money.
I said, I'll work Friday, and that's it.
As a result, I worked Friday, but my unemployment was cut off. I had my appeal; and it didn't go in my favor.
Aerotek is horrible! They send you out on bad jobs, and dump you there. I would have been there forever, losing money as the weeks went by. Because he did say, I have to stay there until he found me another job, which was different than "Work only the week or two".

See........ This is what they do to everybody! You are not the first they have done this too......and you will not be the last either! Spread the word to all your friends. This is standard working practice, and what they are told to do. How did you like taking up the ***! Don't ever work for them again......even it is the last resort! Bet you did not know that they have been treating people like this since the early 90's! Time to say enough is enough people!

Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Aerotek didn't even participate in the hearing. I ran through this in my mind. What part of "Work a week or two at this place", wait until I am there, and then say "Stay there until I get another job for you" sounds right and legit? I find it very deceiving.

Reply - Report abuse

Gerald in Santa Ana, California

93 months ago

As mentioned the main reaso why Aerotek stinks is they only care about the bottom line....MONEY. Everything they do is revolved around that. I used to work for that company and after countless sleepless nights, I couldnt do it anymore. I was basically screwing people over, just to make the company more money. I worked in the Phoenix office and it was a complete sham what they were doing to people. We worked off bill rates and knew people were in dire needs of a job and we would low ball them. We knew they had no where else to go.

To all the Aerotek contractors working for them.....During the holiday season, most of you wont have any benefits or any paid days off, they are taking that money, throwing lavish holiday parties with open bar, nice raffle prizes, the whole nine yards. The DBO's are getting 20,000 to 80,000 bonus checks, the top performers are going to cancun all paid and enclusive! All top peformers are getting bonus checks as well..............Where do you think that money comes from? So all the contractors that dont get paid for holiday or anything, that's where the money is going!

To the DBO of Phoenix office...quit brain washing the new hires and quit lying to your employees. I must admit you're at your current position because you are great at bullsh*ting people and you're great at lying to people, but most people can see right through you. You say you care about people? What about all those people you let go? What about all the people that have done the company good, you still have the balls to let me go. You, sir are worst than most felons and you get away with it. I hope you burn in hell!

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.