Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kj

111 months ago

if you are a seasoned employee with great work history, but not of age yet to retire forget landing a job. they dont care about you. they only want young people that they can lie to and use. what about us??? we have the work knowledge but know one wants someone in there 50's shame on them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

victisious in Spring Park, Minnesota

110 months ago

I am in my 50s and yes its hard to land a good job. I have been trying for 3 months. I apply and am probably over qualified and I believe the companies now days don't want us babyboomers because they want to brainwash the employees to work like puppets and don't want you to have a thought or brain for yourself...too bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

out of work in Fairport, New York

110 months ago

kj said: if you are a seasoned employee with great work history, but not of age yet to retire forget landing a job. they dont care about you. they only want young people that they can lie to and use. what about us??? we have the work knowledge but know one wants someone in there 50's shame on them

I know the feeling, Im 43 and used to write my own ticket for jobs....and now I just cant seem to get anything. I think Im over qualified and scaring foremen or they think think I cant hang with the job lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stu in Vernon Center, New York

110 months ago

48 years old, out of work 7 months, unemployment insurance was a complete joke. It was supposed to help transition me when in fact it wasn't even enough to pay basic utilities. NYS is a joke. Employers really do want to brainwash the younger generation I agree. They used to try it with me, but I wasn't taken in by what the education system tried to do.
F**k NYS, f**k employers too! F**k this comment site too!

Too Young To Retire in Stamford, Connecticut

110 months ago

Age discrimination is this country, no matter where you live, is an American disgrace. The DOL does nothing to promote or encourage the hiring of older workers. EEO is another government joke.

If you want to discuss this issue with people in the same predicament as yourselves, I suggest you go to this site:

monster.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?redirCnt=2&webtag=mstageissues

This indeed forum is not the place.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.