I used to work at aerotek in cleveland...i will answer all questions anyone has about them

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

birdscratches in Sacramento, California

81 months ago

ctown former atek:

i am currently working with a recruiter from aerotek. last week she called to say that she was sending my resume to a client, a biotech company. how many other resumes do you do think she sent in along with mine?

i'm trying to gauge how much of a chance i have at getting an interview with this biotech company.

thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ctown Former Atek in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

we only usually send in one resume per open position. if they dont like that one, or the person doesn't get the job then we would send in another. Its difficult to find really skilled people so when we find someone to be a fit we want to give them the best chance to get the job. Also we don't wanna waste more time looking for more people when there is only one position.

now this is how things were done in the Cleveland office

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

ctown former atek:

i have a question regarding pay. i found out from the biotech company how much they are paying aerotek to hire me. basically, aerotek is taking about 40% and giving me only 60%; is it common for aerotek to take that much?? i would like to negotiate with my recruiter about pay. do you think this is a good idea?

thanks again for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

aerotek does charge a markeup to the company, basically a way to maximize profits. the larger the gap between actual pay and the bill rate the more atek makes.

unfortunately thats just the way it goes when working for any staffing company not just aerotek. they need to make its profits. im not sure how much negotiating with your recruiter will help because the hourly rate is set by the employer, usually not the staffing firm. you should 1st check to see what type of raise you get when you go perm. anything they tell you regarding pay GET IN WRITING and signed by the account manager and the office manager (called the DBO).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

ctown former atek:

this is a temp position with the biotech company with no potential for permanent hire. i want to negotiate for a 70% cut.

if you don't mind, could you please explain how recruiters earn commission at atek? do recruiters get a 5% cut or $100 for every temp they hire or...?

your help has been greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

bird:

i will give you my personal experiences in the office i worked in. usual day was 7 30am till about 6- 6 30pm. when you start you are an hourly temp employee but once you have met certain goals(usually after 3 months) you get promoted to full time recruiter and start at 33k a year. you make commission plus the base salary. as far as the work conditions, you are set up in "the pit" with other recruiters. u need to work fast and deadlines are always hectic. account managers and office managers are constantly over your shoulder and the minute you do anything not relating to recruiting you will be spoken to about it. This is a very stressful demanding job. one of the main reason why i finially quit was i was tired when i got home, always in a irritable bad mood and was becoming short with the people around me. The boiler room is somewhat accurate, except fellow recruiters wont stab each other in the back, that is actually an unwritten rule to not steal people candidates. however managers will yell, always on youir case and not much reward or recognition, unless something tremendous happens.

now, the money that can be made is good, you can make a good deal of commission money on top of the base. however the structure of the commission scale is very weak and unless you are one of the top preformers in your office (over 10k in spread a week)you arent looking at much extra in commission dollars

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

bird con't:

most importantly for me at least was that the benefits are terrible, bad health coverage (a PPO account) and when you want to take a day off or need to leave before the 6 30 "official" time are very negatively viewed. it was almost like they didnt want to give you your days off.

now remember, my office could be different but i am fairly sure the hours are the same if not worse everywhere and the managemt structure and pressure are pretty standard. it no small suprise why there is such a high turnover rate there. i wont say dont take the job, because everyone is different. but lets just say it was not the job for me, i left and found a much better job with better pay/benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

sorry those about went to the peddler

and to you bird, recruiters make commision based of of total people working, not individual positions. its a tired system after, basicvally the more yopu are bringing in, the more comm u make, with a higher percentage as you go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Aerotek in Columbus, Ohio

80 months ago

Peddler:
You must also ask yourself what you want for your career. Everything Ctown has said is accurate. BUT, if your ultimate goal is sales, the Aerotek process is the BEST training tool you can find anywhere. If you can last there for a couple of years, the discipline and process model you will learn for sales can be applied anywhere. If you're looking to make more money than you are now, and that it is your only motivation, there are certainly better and easier ways to do it. I spent 7 years at Aerotek as a recruiter. Most I made was ~$90K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

columbus,

as i said earlier i am just responding to my experiences in the Cleveland office. i would agree that it is a good 1st job for someone out of college, you learn how to multi-task, work with tight deadlines etc. however the other things in my office were too much to take anymore, so i left.

i took their training and got myself a better job, but as Columbus said you can make 90k, however you would be in the minority of your office, in terms of recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

PSchapker in Seattle, Washington

80 months ago

Ctown,

Might I ask the job you left for? Is it in the recruiting industry or outside? I'm looking at the recruiting industry as a career and wanted some feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

PSchapker...

i would rather not just to keep myself anonymous, i will say however that the position in is not recruiting or sales. Recruiting can be a successful but you need to be careful on the opportunity u take. Aerotek is better than some recruiting companies in that they pay you a base plus commission. when i was looking to leave aerotek and was interviewing at other recruiting firms, most were offering commission against a draw which didn't interest me. Also make sure you do your research on any recruiting company you are thinking of applying too, if enough people say good/bad things about it, then its probably true.

if you want my advice, i would look to recruit for a company, not work for a recruiting company if that makes sense. An example is working for key bank as a recruiter, and avoid working at companies like aerotek, manpower, addecco, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whatizzit in California

75 months ago

ctown former atek:

im currently working a temp to hire job for aerotek. how long are these temp period usually last before they can consider me for a permanent position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

whatizzit in California said: ctown former atek:

im currently working a temp to hire job for aerotek. how long are these temp period usually last before they can consider me for a permanent position?

that depends on what was negotiated between your employer and aerotek

usually 3months is the min but it can go up to a yr

talk to your aerotek recruiter and find out how long it is...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unkown in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Ctown Former Atek in Cleveland, Ohio said: ask away to anything pertaining to aerotek...i will help everyone

Were you a internal employee I used to be an internal employee come to find out all the dbo's are not eeoc friendly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unkown in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

They discriminate against color defintely in the South Offices but all bad things will come to a end

Jake Doe in Indiana

75 months ago

I have an interview with Aerotek soon, and some of the stuff I'm reading on this forum is news to me (and disturbing). I have a much simpler question: do i have to pass a drug screen to get the recruiting job? I'm not a regular drug user or anything, but I just graduated, and I have smoked a joint or two in the last month. Do I need to crank up the cranberry juice or no? Also, what do they pay for the first portion (when your a temp or whatever)? I know you said hourly, but is it like 8 bucks or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Conshohocken, PA i was an internal employee at one of the regional offices

75 months ago

Jake Doe in Indiana said: I have an interview with Aerotek soon, and some of the stuff I'm reading on this forum is news to me (and disturbing). I have a much simpler question: do i have to pass a drug screen to get the recruiting job? I'm not a regular drug user or anything, but I just graduated, and I have smoked a joint or two in the last month. Do I need to crank up the cranberry juice or no? Also, what do they pay for the first portion (when your a temp or whatever)? I know you said hourly, but is it like 8 bucks or something?

I did not have to take a drug test when i started---so i would assume that is the company wide policy. The starting hourly rate isnt too bad actually. when we started your hourly rate is based off of 28k/yr or around 14 or so an hour. after roughly 3 months you were "brought on perm" and raised to 33k + commission

no all the things i posted here are the truth but you must remember that it was at my office. i have met and spoke with other recruiters who had different experiences at their offices, i think mine was just a product of truly awful leadership.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aerotek employee in Tennessee, Maryland

74 months ago

For all you potential internal employees as recruiters...let me tell you that I have been working for Aerotek for a litte while now and I cannot be any happier. Recruiting is basically an entry level sales position. I cannot stress enough how amazing Aerotek's training is. Everybody in the office is ready and willing to help you. Not to mention that the you can make a great career in sales earning over 100k in 3 years. This all comes with hard work of course. However I find the work very exciting and working 7:30-6:30 flys by much faster than you think becuase you are constantly busy. I love working here and turned down offers from top financial firms because Aerotek is more appealing and exciting in regards to a career in sales. I enjoy coming into work everyday, its something that I never thought could ever happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Aerotek Tenn Employee

as i stated in the start i beleive every office is different, the cleveland one is and was a trainwreck in terms of terrible management, leadership, awful rerqs, dog accounts etc.

im happy to hear that you like atek so much however i find it very hard to believe that you would "turn down offers from top financial firms because Aerotek is more appealing and exciting in regards to a career in sales." but if thats true then cheers and goodluck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

chemist125 in Evansville, Indiana

73 months ago

Dear Ctown Former Atek,

It would be great if you could let me know the bill rate that Aerotek charges.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HPLC Chemist in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

73 months ago

To any and all who gave the heads up on the contract details and the truth about how it works, thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rembrandtrules in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

72 months ago

Stay away from Areotek in Jacksonville Florida....

I have had nothing but a horrible experience with Areotek here in Jacksonville. I worked in the mortgage servicing industry for many years.

Stay away from Tony Matuszek. He has been little or no help. Tony works for Areotek and he is notorious for not returning phone calls. Tony has placed me twice working for different banks but the positions were eventually ended so I was terminated. Tony would basically tell me that he was doing all he could do to help me and yet there were mortgage servicing positions posted on their website.

Bottom line.......these recruiting firms are being used by corporations and the temp is the one who gets screwed in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

extek in North Hollywood, California

72 months ago

Ctown Former Atek in Cleveland, Ohio said: ask away to anything pertaining to aerotek...i will help everyone

hey ctown i used to work at aerotek as well...do you have time to chat offline?

bshift

72 months ago

I have been in contact with an Aerotek recruiter for the past four weeks. Recently after my second interview I was informal offered the job by the hiring manger directly from the company. I am still waiting for the official ATek offer but as soon as ATek realized the company was interested they started talking about the salary being in a range about 2-4 dollars/hour less than we had discussed. This is of course without benefits and without vacation. I am wondering if they are just lowballing me or if they have room to negotiate back up a 2 bucks or so an hour, or provide benefits or vacation in the contract. What do you think is the best approach? Thanks CTown you are providing an invaluable service!

72 months ago

bshift...

first i need a little background information on the position? is it a temp-hire or a perm placement? Usually aerotek frowns heavily on the hiring company making an offer directly to a candidate that they presented to them. That happened a few times while i was with them. Company A tried to take a candidate we submitted so they didnt have to pay ateks high bill rates. We nailed them for that.

now back to your particular situation, if the company offered you direct employment with the pay you were promised and that included full benefits and vacation time why wouldn't you take that over ateks offer? It seems that the company wants you but doesnt wanna pay the bill rate to bring you on. But think whats best for you higher pay plus bennies and vacation or temp position with aerotek paying u 2-4 less with no vacations and expensive benefits. Again though i need some more information about the position you are applying for. Also when you get an offer letter from your company if you do decide to go with them over aerotek (i would) then get in writing benefits vacation pay etc so in case soemthing does happen, legally you have something to fall back on. Remember you do not have a contract with aerotek, the hiring company does---you are free to do what you want in terms of your relationship with aerotek, ie you can cancel or terminate it at any time.

also remember Aerotek does offer benefits (as bad as they are)

hope this helps, would love some more details tho

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

chemist125 in Evansville, Indiana said: Dear Ctown Former Atek,

It would be great if you could let me know the bill rate that Aerotek charges.

Thank you.

they are different for every position...atek tries to maximize bill rates to max profits. the higher the bill rate the more they make. however it has no affect on how much YOU make

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bshift in Yukon, Oklahoma

72 months ago

Ctown
Sorry I might have been misleading with my initial comments...The company only indicated they wanted to hire me - they did go through the proper channels and aerotek did make me the offer...I am wondering more about the details of how much negotiating room ATek has..the company is very interested but I feel like Atek is offering me about 2 dollars an hour less than the job is worth. I guess I am asking; If they say X amount per hour is the highest they can go, is that true? or are they lowballing? Does Atek set this rate or the employeer? This is a temp -to-perm contract. I have been assured by other employees of the hiring company that I will be asked to stay if performance is satisfactory. Currently I have counter offered only 1 dollar more per hour.(will the employer know I countered?) Thats half of the 2 dollars more per hour I believe to be market value. I am now waiting for a response. They sounded a little annoyed but I really believe I am correct in asking for the going rate. Keep in mind I am only asking for the going rate, not going rate plus extra to purchase benefits. Do I have a chance of them going 1 dollar more per hour than their supposed ceiling? Any chance Ive gone to far and they will rescind the offer. Thanks Again....

Judge in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

The company decided not to hire anyone for the position. The position was closed.

I would like to apply to the company directly in a few months. I have no relationship with Aerotek, but I am sure the company did.

How many months would the company have to wait before they could hire me without paying Aerotek?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cltec09 in San Francisco, California

60 months ago

Aerotek's drug policy states that they reserve the right to test post offer, pre employment, due to accident on the job, and under reasonable suspicion. However while in the office, my contact threatened random drug tests, and told horror stories about the many people he has seen lose jobs to to pot smoking. Are random drug tests company policy, or do they have to be provoked. I have already begun my contract employment, and am curious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

Ctown:
I have a boyfriend that went to Aerotek after answering an ad at thingamajob.com. It was for the position as a telephone interviewer.
Long story short believe it or not he got the job.
My boyfriend says they offered to put his paycheck on this ATM Card called CashPay rather than put on a check that would be mailed to him or Direct Deposit.
Any thoughts on which way he should recieve his pay?

60 months ago

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York said: Ctown:
I have a boyfriend that went to Aerotek after answering an ad at thingamajob.com. It was for the position as a telephone interviewer.
Long story short believe it or not he got the job.
My boyfriend says they offered to put his paycheck on this ATM Card called CashPay rather than put on a check that would be mailed to him or Direct Deposit.
Any thoughts on which way he should recieve his pay?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Direct Deposit, the ATM card has crazy fees and BS attached to it....just go with the standard DD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Ctown Former Atek in Cleveland, Ohio said: NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Direct Deposit, the ATM card has crazy fees and BS attached to it....just go with the standard DD

Thanks, I'll tell him to go and collect his check. He doesn't have a bank account poor ba-by! So no direct deposit. Tsk! Thanks again!

Peace,
MRClueuin
(Girl)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Different question, same boyfriend. He says his recruiter keeps on callng him about the job he is about to start. (8/24/09) 1st it was about whether he's sure he'll be doing the job. 2nd was whether or not he'll stay at the job and not search for another one while working there.(6months poss. temp to perm). Now he's calling asking for references. (His recruiter didn't ask him for references when hired. He told him the first day he met with him (recruiter) that this was to get a job, not an interview.)
My or my boyfriend's questions is this: Is this normal procedure for Aerotek? Because it's making my boyfriend very nervous. He thinks he has the job and the recruiter had him fill out a W-2, gave him the Aerotek folder, gave him the address where he is to go for training, everything. So what gives?
So nervous for my boy. He's to nervous to type this he says. (I think he's just too shy to go on forums. Go figure!)
Peace,
MichelleRClueuin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TechMan341 in Peoria, Kansas

56 months ago

My question: If I move up north and take a job as a Recruiter with Aerotek, what supervisory duties will I have? Will I be a decision-maker of any kind? Will I be supervising anybody, including temps? DO any recruiters at any level supervise people? I would not theoretically want to give up a position supervisong others I might now have to move to Aerotek if I won't really have supervisory duties. Please let me know. Thanx a million!

TechMan341 in Peoria, Kansas

56 months ago

Unkown in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania said: Were you a internal employee I used to be an internal employee come to find out all the dbo's are not eeoc friendly

How so? Do they engage in accommodating discriminatory requests?

talon in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

44 months ago

will aerotek ever do random drug test?

cleochard in Lakeland, Florida

43 months ago

Aerotek got me a manufacturing job in August 2010. I got laid off after a couple of months. If Aerotek gets me another job, will I have to go thru the background check, drug screen, paperwork, interview etc., or will I allready be in the system? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Sunnyvale, California

42 months ago

All,

Is it 'taboo' to ask your Aerotek representative how much they're making off your contract on an hourly basis? I might be converted to permanent in the near future, and I'd like to get an understanding of the company's current total payment (AT portion + my rate) for negotiation purposes. Does AT usually take a percentage of the contractor's rate, or is it a flat number of dollars above what the contractor is making?

Thanks in advance for your consideration and attention.

Kevin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Glenelg, Maryland

38 months ago

Ok so I have an interview with Aerotek (Allegis)but its for a Proposal Writing position (NO RECRUITING INVOLVED) can someone with experience doing something other than recruiting for this company tell me what the environment is like for those not being pushed to make X amount of phone calls and work overtime?

AT from Michigan in Rochester, Michigan

30 months ago

Hello, I just had a phone interview for a recuiting position with Aerotek this morning and was told that they will start calling next week for 2nd round of interview if selected. I know i did a very good job on the phone interview but a bit nervious because i really want to work for Aerotek and gain much needed experiences. are you able to tell me how soon people are usually contacted for the second interview and also what to expect in person? Also when they call someone for teh phone interview does it automatically mean you have the job because i would assume they went through the resume and called best fit candidates. please advice...also how much is typical commission when starting the job in $'s (weekley or biweekley)? Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

30 months ago

My questions might sound weird, but here it goes. I had an interview at the Aerotek office yesterday. After that, I waited in a room for all other interviews that needed to be done that day. The people that made the cut, had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, like personal info, W-4, direct deposit info, etc. Then, right from there I had to take a drug test. I was told I would be called today to be given a time to meet at the company I will be "working" for an orientation tomorrow. I still have not been told that I have the job. I ASSume, that they are waiting for drug test and background results.

Do they normally have you go through all of this process before knowing that they are going to hire you?

Once hired, do I work for Aerotek or the company I will actually be doing work for? Who will my employer be? I received papers on benefits, but it was from Aerotek. When I tried to ask questions, he just said, we will talk about all of that later...and never did.

Is there a probation period, then I will work for the company I am actually doing work for? I really need this job, but I want to know what to expect. The ad said that the starting salary was $10.00 an hour, but yesterday, she said it just changed to $11.00. Everything is sounding too good to be true and going really fast. I will say, I am the one that made follow up calls to get the interview, they did not return phone calls. I am not complaining, just throwing it out there, that if YOU want it, YOU have to go get it.

What are some good questions that I should ask tomorrow at the orientation?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions..

Drew in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

29 months ago

I have worked for Aerotek for a few years and my old contract has run out. With a new offer for a new position but still with Aerotek will they make you re-apply, credit checks, or drug screening?

Beach girl in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

I am interviewing with aerotek next week for a recruiter position and I am wondering if anyone knows how thorough of a background check they conduct?

Tarhoshia

20 months ago

Does Aerotek help felons get a job . and do you know any places that use felons for jobs for the tax credit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

alex nelo

17 months ago

I got employed with aerotek. And didn't get drug tested. It is a temp-perm job. Will I get tested after the 3 months going permanent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sharon.watts@tema.toyota.com

16 months ago

I work for Aerotek at Toyota as a contractor. i am concerned that i am not getting my expenses for traveling that are due me. they put the amounts in with my regular pay checks and sometimes they put it in and take it back out on the same check. they have also said that money they paid (thru credit card) for my rental car has been given to me and then they say that i have an expense account that they need to balance out... it is ALL sooooo confussing!! do you know anything about this area of Aerotek?

Kat in Austin, Texas

13 months ago

I have a question, if you are still answering them, I am working for Aerotek and have asked that they pay out my vacation time I've accrued. They still have not after me asking three times over the last three weeks.
The thing is, I'm about to be hired by the company, so does my rep stand to gain anything if they don't pay out my vacation? Is there any way to get them to pay it out?

Sebestian Gringle in Gurnee, Illinois

6 months ago

I had a preliminary meeting with Aerotek today about some temp-to-hire positions and it turned out that they liked me enough to consider me as a candidate for an internal recruiter position. I have a phone screening coming up in the next few days, but the recruiter I met with told me how to answer all the questions I'll be asked. So I should be able to land an interview. Can someone tell me what the interview process is like for an internal recruiter position? Also, I have a couple of additional questions. What is the commission pay system like? Does Aerotek drug test, if so which type of test?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.