How to get a job at Aerotek.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Do you work at Aerotek? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

raul samaniego soto in Austin, Texas

94 months ago

I m looking for supervisor job I m in texas I have work on this bussnes
foe 5/or 6 years this is my cell phone also have
same workers

[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee in Indianapolis, Indiana

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Aerotek? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Usually they will find their recruiters at a bar. Ever seen the movie Boiler Room, that's Aerotek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Bartlesville Ok.

92 months ago

Former employee in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Usually they will find their recruiters at a bar. Ever seen the movie Boiler Room, that's Aerotek.

Aerotek contacted me several times for several positions. I understand they chose the more qualified canidate, but a phone call or a RETURN CALL would be nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

X-recruiter in PA in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

Aerotek is the most pathetic recruiting firm in the industry. They simply buy up other small recruiting firms in specialized industries and assimilate them into their mush of unorganized blah. The dumb thing is that they bought out a professional recruiting firm and labeled it Aerotek Professional, however when they opened other professional branch offices, they fail to build their professional recruiting training program off the core competency they just purchased. (Duh!!) They pay below $30000 base to start and have poor benefits; your better of on welfare. If you don't beleive me, go for it and let me know!! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Industry Professional in Hanover, Maryland

91 months ago

You must not have worked at Aerotek a long time. Firstly, your grammer is terrible. I'm glad you are no longer with the company. I would not want you to talk to any of my clients. Secondly, until recently Aerotek rarely ever purchsed other staffing firms. The name changes were simply mergers within the Allegis umbrella. Aerotek only promotes from within. Finally, if you want to complain about the pay ---> you must not work hard. The money comes if you put in the work. I have help place over 5000 contractors at over 100 clients in my tenure. Needless to say, I'm not worried about money.

Bashing your old employer shows your true character. That also goes for most of the people that write derogatory comments on this site. It is ok to express your negative experience or opinion, but to slander is a true sign of ignorance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

s1ark5 in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

I work at Aerotek and I love it, people who bash Aerotek are the same people that panic at the smallest things. If you like excitement and never have the same day twice, this job is for you , if on the other hand you not confident and act like a little girl, then go work a mundane job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

lurking nunya in Aliso Viejo, California

89 months ago

Industry Professional in Hanover, Maryland said: You must not have worked at Aerotek a long time. Firstly, your grammer is terrible. I'm glad you are no longer with the company. I would not want you to talk to any of my clients. Secondly, until recently Aerotek rarely ever purchsed other staffing firms. The name changes were simply mergers within the Allegis umbrella. Aerotek only promotes from within. Finally, if you want to complain about the pay ---> you must not work hard. The money comes if you put in the work. I have help place over 5000 contractors at over 100 clients in my tenure. Needless to say, I'm not worried about money.

Bashing your old employer shows your true character. That also goes for most of the people that write derogatory comments on this site. It is ok to express your negative experience or opinion, but to slander is a true sign of ignorance.

I always love it when someone plays English teacher telling someone they have poor GRAMMAR and yet spell the word WRONG! It's Grammar...not Grammer oh wise and mighty industry professional. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

DeVona Sims in Montgomery, Alabama

88 months ago

I recently had an interview with Aerotek for a position I applied for 4 months ago. What is the interview process like? I am surprised to read so many negative comments. Surely, Aerotek is not that bad. I have had some bad working relationships!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Support in USA

61 months ago

Hello everyone,

This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from sharing confidential information, making personal attacks as well as offensive comments. We also ask that you keep all comments on topic.

Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users.

Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TechMan341 in Peoria, Kansas

61 months ago

I'm thinking of leaving my current job for a job in another state as a Recruiter for Aerotek. I emjoy my current role as a supervisor, but am not sure might move on if I will still have either supervisory status or more importantly, duties, as an Aerotek recruiter. For ayone who has been there, do Recruiters at Aerotek supervise people? Will I be issuing performance evaluations for the placements, making decisions about giving them raises or promotions, disciplining and discharging them if necessary and making the decision to transfer them? Will I have a serious role in negotiating contracts? For anyone who know about this job, your advice would be valuable. I'd hate to leave being a supervisor if the new job at Aerotek would be a step down, but it's not clear from the job description and the ACTUAL duties people talk about here. For anyone who can help, thanx a million!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

CM in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

TechMan-

If you are just starting off with Aerotek you will not be a supervisor. Everyone that comes on with Aerotek (excluding corporate positions) starts as a recruiter working under/with a single account manager. The Account manager is responsible for developing & maintaining clients while the recruiter is responsible for identifying candidates to fill positions for these clients. If you are successful recruiting you can move into an account management position or other advanced recruiting positions within a year. So to answer your questions as a new recruiter with the organization: supervise- no, performance eval- yes, raises/promotions- rarely, disciplining- yes, transfer- rarely, negotiating contracts- employee contracts yes & client contracts no (this is the account mangers job).

Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

CM in Houston, Texas said: TechMan-

If you are just starting off with Aerotek you will not be a supervisor. Everyone that comes on with Aerotek (excluding corporate positions) starts as a recruiter working under/with a single account manager. The Account manager is responsible for developing & maintaining clients while the recruiter is responsible for identifying candidates to fill positions for these clients. If you are successful recruiting you can move into an account management position or other advanced recruiting positions within a year. So to answer your questions as a new recruiter with the organization: supervise- no, performance eval- yes, raises/promotions- rarely, disciplining- yes, transfer- rarely, negotiating contracts- employee contracts yes & client contracts no (this is the account mangers job).

Hope that helps!

Thanks, CM -- that's very helpful. So, a Recruiter actually makes the decision (not just being the messenger, but makes the decision) to evaluate performance while the employee is working at a client site? And regarding discipline, if the employee is doing poorly at the client site, does the Recruiter convey the message of discipline or actually issue and sign a written warning, etc.? Also, is it the client, the account manager, or the recruiter, who makes the final decision to remove a bad employee from a client? Thanks again for your info -- this helps me in my decision. You've been very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RecruiterGyrl in Reston, Virginia

60 months ago

Techman...you will be the messenger. The client will call your account manager and relay their issues. Your account manager will relay that to you (not in a very nice way) and you will then call your contractor. It's a tough position because at times the contractor will have their side of the story but your job is to please the client or take the hit in spread. Ultimately, it is the clients choice as to whether or not the contractor remains onsite. I loved my contractors so it was very hard to "discipline" any of them because they werent always wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

RecruiterGyrl in Reston, Virginia said: Techman...you will be the messenger. The client will call your account manager and relay their issues. Your account manager will relay that to you (not in a very nice way) and you will then call your contractor. It's a tough position because at times the contractor will have their side of the story but your job is to please the client or take the hit in spread. Ultimately, it is the clients choice as to whether or not the contractor remains onsite. I loved my contractors so it was very hard to "discipline" any of them because they werent always wrong.

Thanks, Gyrl. That's very helpful. I've come accross some other stuff, though. Why are so many recruiters afraid of (even politely) raising issues with their account managers? One gentleman tells me he kept trying to place qualified neighbors of his, who happened to be white, into available industrial jobs but they kept getting turned down because the client only wanted Hispanics, and Aerotek went along with this. Same thing with another person with placing males in admin jobs -- she couldn't do it because her account manager told her the client only wanted females for the admin jobs, and it was known that even if a guy was qualified, everyone knew not to submit a male app to an account manager. Any experiences like this for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

eddie torieous in Altamont, Tennessee

14 months ago

NO NOT AT A BAR!!! Thingamajob.com applied on Sunday Aerotek called the next morning, asking for an Interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.