Aetna News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Aetna stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

EX....marks the spot

103 months ago

The climate changes constantly.....

Higher level thinkers need to find a good company to work for that will appreciate and integrate their ideas.

Also, when i was first hired, the one GM slipped and said we wouldnt be there next year.. when I called him on it... he realized his faux pas and back peddled.

do you want to work for a back peddler. dont you wonder WHY there are soooo many openings?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Atlanta, Georgia

103 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Aetna stack up against the competition?

Aetna is known as the layoff queen, Pratt and Whitney as the layoff kings. Aetna is always looking to do what is best for Aetna, never the dedicated, hardworking, underpaid employees. Personally, The Hartford is the number one insurance company, that's where all the Laid off Aetnaians go for a job!!! Aetna should be ranked #4, behind CIGNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

J Swift in Dalton, Massachusetts

50 months ago

Beware! Aetna has been replacing permanent employees with temps. I worked at Aetna in CT for 5 years in IT Helpdesk Support and was laid off recently. The last day I was employed I received an email from Aetna and a certain temp agency instructing me to register with the temp agency to continue my employment. Not sure why Aetna was able to give my info and email to the temp agency without my permission. I always had 100% on my scorecard and perfect attendance. This is how they treat their employees! They want to save $ by attempting to term us and expecting a smooth transition to a temp agency; expecting us to work for half the salary, no benefits and even pay for parking. I'm not interested in working for Aetna anymore and will pursue employment elsewhere. I hope this helps and sheds some light on what goes on at Aetna.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Allentown, New Jersey

38 months ago

I worked at Aetna for over 10 years I held 3 positions the last one in our department was eliminated due to medicare funding for a cms pilot program. The nurses were telephonic so they were able to retain their jobs but work for other states. I was support so I was let go. Since then HR still tells me I am in good standing to keep applying. They hire the lowest wages for the same position instead of bringing layed off experienced employees back who know the same position without retraining them. Aetna has zero loyalty to their hard working employees. Will drop you and never hire you back for fear of saving money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.