ABC per call pay practices at ACS--Do you work under this sysptem?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

ShadowJack1 in Darien, Illinois

55 months ago

Annette Messitt in Seattle, Washington said: I have a lawsuit against ACS concerning its "ABC" per-call pay practices in Washington, and I am interested in talking to other people who worked under that system. If you have worked for ACS under that sysptem, please email me at amessitt@bjtlegal.com

Hi! I was recently fired from ACS in Illinois. i worked in entry level, and I would like to help you. ACS is a company of extreme unfair practices where anyone can be let go at the drop of a hat. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Below minimum in El Paso, Texas

51 months ago

Annette Messitt in Seattle, Washington said: I have a lawsuit against ACS concerning its "ABC" per-call pay practices in Washington, and I am interested in talking to other people who worked under that system. If you have worked for ACS under that sysptem, please email me at amessitt@bjtlegal.com

Ok so I would like to know if this would extend to employees in Tx. I want to say that anyone working for ACS are on the ABC program. They way they tell us that it works is, of course the maximum we can make per call is 2.72. Now what they don't completely explain to you is that you have to make sure you take at least 6 calls per hr to make a decent living(this is for technical support). Again here comes the fine print part. Besides you taking 6 calls per hr you must do this calls within 511 seconds of handle time. Because if it is high it will bring you down a letter grade. Now they do pay for the outbound time but you only get paid for 6hrs a week. You might not think that this is a hard task but the main thing that they neglect to tell you is that you have to depend on a survey to determine exactly what letter grade you will be placed in. As of 05-01-10 they told us that they would be incorporating the transfer rate into the program. As far as the area that we work in they have two different departments. They have technical support and they have advance technical support. Each department gets paid a different amount per call. Since we now get lowered a letter grade for transfering we find ourselves troubleshooting the advance tech calls. So of course we cannot do 6 calls per hr, and we are not meeting our aht because we are not trained on these advance tech calls. Now while the advance tech is getting paid more we still get paid at the regular tech pay. Also they have whats called the utilization report. This report states how busy the department was everyday. So if they do not have a high call volume they pay us more per call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

***continued*** Now you would think this was a good thing, but they fail to tell you that the utilization report does not see the different departments. So while our department is slow the advanced tech department is getting killed with calls. So this report is calculated on how busy the whole center was for that day not just the department you work in. So while we sit there with no calls we still get docked and not paid more because the rest of the departments are busy. And to top it off we have to depend on surveys to see whether or not we will get the max pay of 2.72 per call (now keep in mind that you have to survive the other things i mentioned above to be an A+ player). So this survey asks the customer if the agent resolved their issue. Now it may seem simple enough, but I can't tell you how many times the customer is so pissed of at the company they are calling about and they say no just because they are mad. Customers are allowed to leave comments and they say in the comments how the agent was very helpful but the company sucks and thats why they gave us a no. They do not remove these bad surveys because they have certain rules they have to follow to be able to remove it. One of those rules is they customer must mention the agents name to have the survey removed. So even though the customer says the agent was very nice and helpful we still get the boot in the rear end because they did not say our names. So if you somehow survived the metrics part of the ABC program they definitely screw the agents with the surveys. They still bill the client for a certain amount per call. For example they can bill the client $25.00 per call and only pay the agents (maximum) $2.75 per call IF you meet all metrics including the surveys. They are quick to fire an agent because of these so called surveys even when the customer is expressing their anger towards the company they are calling about. What is our rights? They say we signed a paper stating we agree to the ABC pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

**** They failed to give us all the info from the FINE PRINT portion of the paper. When they talk about the pay per call they always seem to emphasis on the amount of money you can earn. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!! THE ONLY WAY TO EARN THAT AMOUNT IS TO LIE AND CHEAT THE SYSTEM WHICH MOST AGENTS SEEM TO TAKE IN ORDER TO SURVIVE!!!! So please if this was helpful and something can be done about it in TX please email me and let me know what it is/or need to do to get involved!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pissed off in Hermitage, Tennessee

42 months ago

I worked for ACS in NASHVILLE TN and under the ABC program in Customer Care. I agree with you about the times and pay except our department had to have call times under 7.5 mins with less than 16% transfer rate and IR at 100% to get $2.21 per call. One failed survey would take you to $1.93 and 2 fails $1.73 and 3 fails $1.56 per call. Now you have to have NCP at 73% or they are threatening to drop tier pay. It is totally unfair how they practice their "policies" and have recently walked out 150 associates because they wanted to drop the pay rate for bonuses. And for your information... Our call center billed $17 per call as of 03/11 and paid at max $2.21 per call (if they considered you doing everything right)

Also, if they put you into "coaching" you did not get paid unless you used more than 6 hours per week... so figure that out of unpaid time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

The Evangelist in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I work in the Houston TX office and the ABC program is a joke, not only has the company not paid us for overtime, they do not pay us night differential pay either, The pay is completely ridiculous, they have lied to all of its employees so much, one co worker walked out just tonight because she was told about the ABC program she was put on, imagine the shock of alot of us like myself when I looked at my paycheck and saw that I was paid 7.77 hr , from the minimum I could make of 9.00 a hour, I went over my paychecks and saw that I had been cheated out of 90.00 one ck, 32.00 another and the list goes on. CLASS ACTION YES!!!! MY COWORKERS ARE WAITING ON SOMEONE TO TELL THEM HOW TO START ONE OR BECOME A PART OF ONE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Meow in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

ABC Program, sucks and I have never ever heard of such a ridicules scheme to lower pay rates. This program just began in my dept and everyone is so stressed and worried about how we are going to survive. Its like working on COMMISSION!!! AND IT IS UNFAIR. We
all work very hard and ver determined. I feel that this program is underminding and will get results of the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mad in Pikeville, Kentucky

35 months ago

I work at ACS under ABC pay and everyday is getting worse and worse and I wish there is something can be done soon.Now under ABC pay count absentism too, so if you miss work for any reason,after so many hrs miss go against your pay.I have to miss 6 hrs of my shift for medical reason and even with all the paper work my pay drop one tier,i asked the management to fix my pay cause they are the one send me home and they told me is no fault for them.They told me my pay drop down cause the day before i had PTO that I earn plus 6 hrs missing work for medical reason and there is nothing they can do about it.i believe is against the law if you are in ER and cannot work your pay drop drow even if you earn PTO and u decide to take 2 weeks vacation still effect your pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Norfolk, Virginia

34 months ago

I work for acs at a call center with abc pay rate per call . An A rate (the highest grade) for regular calls is $1.83 per call. If we are paid at the A rate $1.83 per call for 8 calls in an hour thats $14.64 an hour. The amount of calls taken per hour is calculated as the total amount of calls taken for that week divided by the hours worked. Apparently its not exactly how the abc payrate works like we are led to believe. I have been getting paid $650.00 Biweekly- on a good week for me...but thats my pay before taxes or deductions for working between 68 and 70 hours a week at $14.64 an hour. Sometimes I get paid less when theres been no dramatic change in the amount of pay I should have expected.

Anonymous in Norfolk, Virginia

34 months ago

I work at an acs call centerwith abc pay rate. Thats supposed to be for regular calls $1.83per call for an A grade. The total amount of calls taken for the week is divided by the amount of hours worked which comes to the amount of calls taken per hour. Usually I take 8 calls an hour at $1.83 per call which should be $14.64 per hour. There is no way that I should consistently be getting $650.00 or sometimes $200 less for gross pay for 68 t0 70 hours perpay period. This is a problem I have been having for several months now along with some of my co-workers. I would probably be making more working fast food service full time at minimum wage. I think it is decietful and unfair. I have noticed people who manage to get paid more are fired easily and others regardless of the amount of calls are quick to quit. I feel so helpless and I'm always broke. I like my job and my co-workers but I cant keep my bills paid. It frustrates me to be led to believe I'm getting a decent check but I actually get hundreds less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria99 in Evansville, Indiana

34 months ago

ACS also has a lot of government call centers - so they get lots of government tax dollars. They use staffing agencies a lot (like CFA Staffing and others) to hire workers and then lie to them about pay and work hours.

Is any in Cleveland, Ohio

34 months ago

I worked for ACS. I took a paid vaction for 5 days at 8 hours per day. When i returned to work from my paid vacation time I had to electronically sign off my hours worked. The hours worked that I had signed off included 4 days of paid vacation at 8 hours a day and the 5th day was counted as sick time for 5 hours. the hours worked for that pay period also included 8 hours of paid holiday time. When the checks were processed it wa found that some employees were underpaid and others over paid. Our supervisors were required to have all overpaid employees sign a paper saying that what ever was over paid would be getting deducted from our next check and that what we usually got paid is what we should have gotten paid. A few days later my supervisor had me sign another sheet saying that I was overpaid by $600 that would be deducted from my next check as they say I should have grossed $300. Ofcourse my pay would have been deducted if I did noot sign it and contiued discussing with my supervisor that it was incorrect, since ACS only pays if calls are taken not for meetings or traing sessions illegaly. The gross pay calculated by the payroll company did not include the paid holiday, vacation, or sick time. If I was permitted 40 hours of vacation time I should not have had 5 hours of sick time, it should have been 8 hours of vacation time. I electronically signed off as the holiday, vacation, and sick time included in my paid hours, by not proccessing those hours in my pay check it is a breach of contract. They have also deducted the maximum amount possible from the following check for their supposed over-payment, which should be illegal as it does not benefit me and it was the payroll company's loss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Is any in Cleveland, Ohio

34 months ago

Another problem I have with the inconsistency between hours worked and hours paid is that if they are not signed they would automatically be proccessed. do not at all believe it is right to pressure employees to sign and confirm hours worked and paid out of fear of not getting paid for disputing any disrcepencies. It is equally unfair not to pay employees to meet the requirement of signing off hours worked before being able to clock in for work, because it is a work related issue it is a job task so it should be paid. Just in my research of ACS payroll and class action law suits I have found a variety of cases aagainst them for financial shams. I think ACS needs to discontinue the fraud or go out of business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

macgirl in Anytown, Florida

34 months ago

Wow, looks like all of us are in the same boat. I currently work for the company in what is called the Eligibility dept for health insurance for kids. In my dept we have an Apps group (for new applications for health insurance), supporting documents (proof of employment, income, etc), and renewals. For apps the rate is 1.71, supporting docs is 1.00, and renewals is 1.45. These are the new rates because they all just dropped 21 cents each. My biggest gripe is that the recruiter did not fully disclose EXACTLY what ABC was, the fact that quality is very strict and makes or breaks your pay, and most of all it should have been mentioned that if you fail quality (meaning grade of B or less, they keep from 10-30% of your paycheck. The offer letter only stated I wont make less than my hiring rate, which was 11/hr. I quit a job working in a call center making 12/hr and I'm now making 8/hr and less. It bothered me so much that I contacted the Dept of Labor to see if this was legal because I had never heard of such a thing. That's when I found out it's called piece rate pay.
I've read forums about this job and while most of the reviews state the same thing I am speaking of here, there a few people that claim the pay is good and "if you work hard, you make a lot of money". That's not necessarily true. There are many days (more often than not), that there isn't any work and we are all given special projects to do that only pay .50-$1 each. And if those run out, we are sent home.
That has nothing to do with working hard or not, that has to do with poor company planning and structure, and poor work inventory. During which times we should be given an hourly rate. Bottom line, these are jobs that are very much deserving of an hourly rate, even if it's $10/hr, at least you know what you're getting paid every pay period. I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but they live in a fantasy world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

macgirl in Anytown, Florida

34 months ago

Another thing, I cannot recommend this job to anyone UNLESS, and I repeat, UNLESS you are unemployed at the moment. Take the job, we all have to put food on the table, but keep looking for other work. Do NOT stop at ACS! Good luck.

Mad in Houston in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

I was working for Acs and once I went on ABC it was down hill ...when I went.to look at how much I would be paid on the next check I said.I cannot do this all the missing my kids get.home when my kids are.asleep.and then no break and take lunch at 6pm the night I work too hard to get paid change!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in bakersfield in Bakersfield, California

29 months ago

Sounds like in every office of acs theres the same issues when it comes to employees wages. I have noticed once a employee starts making good money here comes the qc's to knock that pay right down, talk about a employer who has control over someones earings this would be the one to talk about. I feel there has to be some where employees can get help with this issue. They expect the best customer service but want it for min wage. Sweat shops are illegal and hopefully this will be resolved soon. When you are told phone reps should be at 10.00 a hour so if you bust your butt and earn what you deserve here comes the qc's to take what you deserve away, then dispute the qc and win it points back which means you were in the right qc dont have to worry about their wages being effected, but if you when the qc points back and payroll has already ended you are screwed and get the lower tear and the low wage.If the state would just enter the buildings and speak to the phone reps they would agree and probley shut this place down and then the big guys who allow and control wages would see what its like to loose the wages you deserve. If your not a negative person work for acs and you will see how true all these comments are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LQ in Riverside, California

29 months ago

I would like to file a class action lawsuit against ACS for unethical practices based on their ABC program, if anyone is interested please send me your email address, remember there is strenght in numbers, we work to hard for our paychecks every two weeks to end up with nothing on payday, please don't let fear stop you from standing up for what is rightfully yours a paycheck that reflects the hard work that you have performed each and everyday of the week. lqmoms@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tell-Me-in-Texas in Bastrop, Texas

19 months ago

I work with a group of attorneys in Texas that brings class action suits.

If you're in Texas, or even if you aren't, you can reach me at alfredcharlessimkin@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lovergirl81 in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

Hello I am an employee with this Company have been for 9 years. My life has been ruined with this ABC Based pay. I am making less than a dollar an hour more than I did when I started there. They make up new things constantly to QA you with just to pay you less. Digging for mistakes and QA 5 calls /faxes per month so if you make a mistake you will not make top pay. Please for the Love of God help us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

LQ in Riverside, California said: I would like to file a class action lawsuit against ACS for unethical practices based on their ABC program, if anyone is interested please send me your email address, remember there is strenght in numbers, we work to hard for our paychecks every two weeks to end up with nothing on payday, please don't let fear stop you from standing up for what is rightfully yours a paycheck that reflects the hard work that you have performed each and everyday of the week. lqmoms@aol.com

Hello I am an employee with this Company have been for 9 years. My life has been ruined with this ABC Based pay. I am making less than a dollar an hour more than I did when I started there. They make up new things constantly to QA you with just to pay you less. Digging for mistakes and QA 5 calls /faxes per month so if you make a mistake you will not make top pay. Please for the Love of God help us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Tell-Me-in-Texas in Bastrop, Texas said: I work with a group of attorneys in Texas that brings class action suits.

If you're in Texas, or even if you aren't, you can reach me at alfredcharlessimkin@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

penarq@aol.com in Huntington Beach, California

14 months ago

I have been with Xerox for over a year. ABC pay is finally going through next payday. We make a base of $10.00 per hour as Transaction Processors. in Calif. We are all nervous and hope it is worth the wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lovergirl81 in Garner, North Carolina

6 months ago

Id start looking for other Employment. As a 10 yr plus employee. I can honestly tell you unless you are in the click and rather settle for the same pay you started with stick with it...Good Luck with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

amber in Indianapolis, Indiana

23 days ago

ABC rate absolutely sucks. No one can explain to me how you're paid regularly or on OT. They rip you off with income and expect you to tolerate the disrespect you indure from the job and it's employers. I have been here for two years and they recently sprung this on us and basically told us we either agree to it or we lose our jobs. I wouldn't recommend working for Xerox or any of it's affiliates if it means being on this pay. They are not an honest company to work for and they only care about management. Management get's bonuses and extra vacation packages while doing minimum work. The company hires from within but you have to kiss ass, be family to management, or be a manager's pet to be given an oppurtunity. I've called the BBB on them b/c i believe their practices to be truly unjust.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LQ in Riverside, California

23 days ago

amber in Indianapolis, Indiana said: ABC rate absolutely sucks. No one can explain to me how you're paid regularly or on OT. They rip you off with income and expect you to tolerate the disrespect you indure from the job and it's employers. I have been here for two years and they recently sprung this on us and basically told us we either agree to it or we lose our jobs. I wouldn't recommend working for Xerox or any of it's affiliates if it means being on this pay. They are not an honest company to work for and they only care about management. Management get's bonuses and extra vacation packages while doing minimum work. The company hires from within but you have to kiss ass, be family to management, or be a manager's pet to be given an oppurtunity. I've called the BBB on them b/c i believe their practices to be truly unjust.

Yes Amber, I know and feel your pain, the best advice that I can give you is find a new and better employer ASAP, simply because this one doesn't care about you onw way or the other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.