What's the company culture at Agilent?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Agilent?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Agilent?

Reply - Report abuse

yoyo in Brooklyn, New York

93 months ago

"What's the company culture at Agilent?"

Easy: Getting screwed over! Got interviewed several times and had to travel all over the country. Basically got the job against 500 other applicants but then they decided not to hire anyone.
While this guys (Geeks! We are geeks!) do not like to hire anyone (speak do not like to PAY you), they were really fast in screwing ideas out of me and implementing them. Never even bothered to tell me that they decided not to hire me (or anyone) after all this interviews. Just ignored calls and emails. Got the information finally in an unofficial way after I saw that they had already some of my ideas implemented. And yeah, INDEED.COM is now screening for jobs directly at the Agilent site. Another thing that I suggested. Just saw it now.
Wonder how many other of my suggestions will pop up in the near future.

The bottom line:
Sure, you want the job. But be careful, be VERY careful to disclose any suggestions, improvements and ideas to them. They will implement them in a blink of an eye and screw your over.
When they let you fly in for an interview make it very clear in advance who pays for the travel. Better let them arrange the travel or you might not see you money back or only after a long time.

Disgusting business practices. If I meet people ever again that refer about themselves always as "geeks" I will take a run for my time and money.

Sorry guys, quite a rave but dealing with this "geeks" left a lasting impression on me. Hope you have better luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.