AIMCO Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AIMCO?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Gus in Greenville, South Carolina

93 months ago

The emphasis is on customer appreciation. There is a difference between genuinely wanting to do the right thing and doing the right thing because you have to. Smiling and attitude is everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

the in Greenville, South Carolina

93 months ago

so, basically, what you are saying is that smiling and attitude is everything even if its false? I haven't met a single Aimcoian who is genuinely happy in their job. So, what's the scoop? Fake smiles, forced attitude? What's the point? The average Aimco employee makes about $12 per hour. And if you are talking about this Disney envoked "customer appreciation", you have got to be kidding. The ONLY thing that Aimco cares about is profit. Go be a "Stepford" employee. "Everything is just fine". BTW - Considine has made $94 million dollars at Aimco ( i guess being the step son of a Senator on the take makes a difference - NOW THAT'S a MOMENT THAT MATTERS).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

the in Greenville, South Carolina

93 months ago

i meant "son in law" of a senator on the take. Considine is not a self made man anymore than Rockefeller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LadyCape70 in The one by the Sea, Florida

92 months ago

AIMCO interview

I was very exited to have been contacted by Aimco (GARTH) in regard to my resume. Having over 12 plus years experience in Customer Service supervision, sales exp and being an independent landlord, I really thought I could get a job in apartment leasing.

I completed phase one and two of their so called hiring process. The second interview had gone extremely well and I thought was in my favor (as the person basically spoke to me as I had already had the job and even went as far as asking me if I needed any upcoming time off that they needed to know about)

It was even proposed to me instead of a leasing agent, there was another position available in customer service and that the property needed assistance in improving the customer service because they were absent a property manger at the time; and would I be interested in that? I was liking it even more, as that is conducive to my past employment and education. Now, I am really stoked, so I wait.

I get a call from GARTH again to set up ANOTHER interview. When I inquired as to what position I would be interviewing for (would like some preparation), he basically had no clue, BUT did tell me that I was meeting with this person and then it would be determined "WHEN I would come on board".

Exited as ever, I gathered both copies of my resume (as I was instructed to do). I met with the woman and she seemed "nice". She asked me only three questions- "How are your computer skills? How are your phone skills? "Do you know anything about the Fair Housing Act?.
Never asked me about my past employment. Never asked for my resume. I am not even sure she had any in formation on me. She then told me that she then had to "schedule me an interview with the SALES MANAGER" and that I would be hearing from someone by the next day (which was the same lady that I had already interviewed with)
I casually mentioned my phase two interview and made brief mention of our conversation. She

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

CONTINUED..

She rolled her eyes, chuckled and said "oh, you already talked to someone? ha ha ha, I must have not read my email".
So, basically, she had NO clue that I had even interviewed prior!

Less than 24 hours later, I got the "thanks, but no thanks" email for a LEASING AGENT!

What was painstakingly obvious to me was the fact that this woman was clearly put out by the fact that I had already spoken to someone without her knowing. That was not my fault. This whole thing was a huge waste of everyone's time. The blatant power struggle that ensued was totally baffling!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

curiositycat in Denver, Colorado

92 months ago

LadyCape70 - pardon the question but, how old are you? Does your screen name indicate your age? If it does, that may hold a clue as to why you were shut out. Age discrimination is rampant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

curiositycat in Denver, Colorado said: LadyCape70 - pardon the question but, how old are you? Does your screen name indicate your age? If it does, that may hold a clue as to why you were shut out. Age discrimination is rampant.

1970 is the year I was born.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

farazon in Jacksonville, Florida

85 months ago

Be carfull I and many I have talked to were hit with bait and switch meaning you are offered the job and accept. Then after quiting your last job and showing up for your first day of work you are told someone made a mistake we cant pay you this much will you accept this new amount of pay. Were sorry and understand if you dont want the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.