AIMCO is Wonderful

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nancy in Frederick, Maryland

92 months ago

AIMCO is a wonderful, successful company. They had an HR person named Dawn who was simply a joke. She moved from marketing where she failed to HR and the company supported her as long as they could. They really tried to give her training and support so that she could be successful. She just didn't want to work and eventually they let her go bit not before doing theor best to help her. The company really trys to help people succeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jenni in Denver, Colorado

92 months ago

Nancy,

This Dawn, where did she work?

I don't mean to question your opinion, but based on all of these negative comments, it is highly unlikely that Aimco is a wonderful successful company.

Aimco is a REIT that was formed by illegal acquisition of HUD foreclosed properties and questionable mergers. In 1994, Terry Considine was bankrupt until he was bailed out by "Landi Martin" - l in the hip pocket of the Bush fammily. Do your research.

I would recommend that you take a serious look at what is going on around you and find out who you are working for. They are scary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Laurren in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

jenni in Denver, Colorado said: Nancy,

This Dawn, where did she work?

I don't mean to question your opinion, but based on all of these negative comments, it is highly unlikely that Aimco is a wonderful successful company.

Aimco is a REIT that was formed by illegal acquisition of HUD foreclosed properties and questionable mergers. In 1994, Terry Considine was bankrupt until he was bailed out by "Landi Martin" - l in the hip pocket of the Bush fammily. Do your research.

WOW, that is really interesting! I worked for them through an agency and once in the morning when the VP I supported was out of town, he left a message on my answering machine, "Where are you?" It's like, I'm IN THE BATHROOM YOU IDIOT! Unless we should go at our desks! What is wrong with people like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Mineola, New York

59 months ago

AIMCO is the worst. I have never worked for them but I have been living in one of their buildings for the last 8 years. AIMCO took over my building about 3 years ago. I recently took them to court and made their defense look like the fools that they are. They had bogus claims against me of abandoning my apt, but didn't have a proper understanding of NY Law and in the end the judge saw right through it. They even asked the Super to lie under oath to say that I told him i couldn't afford the rent and when he didn't agree, they were forced to grant me a new lease.

I'm well versed in the laws of this state as well as many others, so I will not allow them to railroad me. It's a shame. The same day I was in court in an illegal eviction, they had a elderly woman in there as well for non payment of rent and the old lady who was there struggling with her grandchild had damn receipt in the world. She showed this to the legal cousel of AIMCO and was told, that it wasn't good enough.

One another note, they have poor maintenance practices and can't seem to keep a good management in place. In the last three years, I've been told at least on 4 separate occassions that management on some level has changed. (WIth such a high turn over rate, it makes a person think...) I went to their offices to serve them court papers and to my surprise my neighbors were there complaining about mice and other rodents and items that haven't been fixed in more than a year. AIMCO's solution: a temporary reduction in rent. UNREAL...not to fix the problem, but a rent reduction.

This is a company that I will work tirelessly to expose and help those t hat are negatively impacted by their absurd tactics. I think they know now that they bit off more than they could chew.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.