aimco screwed you

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Peter in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

How has aimco screwed you and are you willing to file suit against them. List any ways that aimco has wrongfully gone against the law in your presence also leave contact info if possible. Me and my partner are currently filing a wrongful termination suit against the company over a lot of shady stuff that has happened while we have lived at northwoods apartments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

Further info includes, my boyfriend started with the company in february of this year and ever since he has worked his butt of as a maintenance man. He exceeded the amount of maintanence calls over all other technicians. He was fired because of a conversation he had with the mail lady while in the office about illegal immigrants. Nothing was said that was racist of discriminatory and the conversation only occured between him and the mail lady. Well the only other person in the room was a leasing agent and he butted into the conversation and said that he had an illegal immigrant as a father, yet it wasnt his biological father. the leasing agent apparently sent an email to the manager and it was stated that he felt threatened by the comments and so my boyfriend was fired within an hour of getting the email, no investigating was done he was terminated on a he said he said basis. We are just looking for help in how to handle this quickly and with the most force. Aimco does not care about its employees or residents all it cares about is the stock holders and it will step all over it needs to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

justice in Anytown

86 months ago

peter-

please leave a phone number where you can be reached. i have a similar situation to discuss with you. This is legitimate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

haylon12 in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

aimco seems to want to be the best, and the Biggest. But with trying to be the biggest sometimes means being very corrupt. Northwoods apt 99 antolope way columbus ohio 43235. Has many many hidden secrets Baring from Charging residents more than 1 time a month for rent. As well for trying to hide mold that most apts have especially in the w/h and furnace closet. Hmm dont seem right baring that thats where alot of air is pulled into. So pulling the mold through the system. And so many electrical issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

justice in Anytown

86 months ago

and the biggest news lately. Nicols and Kaster, a class action atty in Minesota has filed a class action lawsuit against aimco for not paying leasing agents overtime. go to nka.com or

Nichols Kaster & Anderson, PLLP

4600 IDS Center

80 South Eighth Street

Minneapolis, MN 55402

Telephone: (612) 256-3217

Toll Free (877) 448-0492

Fax: (612) 215-6870

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

justice in Anytown

86 months ago

oh, and the most ironic thing here. i heard that a maintenance manager, in 2006 used the "N" word in front of a black employee. He still has a job and was transferred to another location, but still has a job as a tech at northwoods. i guess the standards are applied differently for different people. go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

hell i beleave with enogh support and knowlage out there we easly could put together a class action lawsuit. and let the big AIMCO know they cant throw away good people and nothing be done about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Sue Aimco for Big $$$$$$$$$$ in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Peter in Columbus, Ohio said: Further info includes, my boyfriend started with the company in february of this year and ever since he has worked his butt of as a maintenance man. He exceeded the amount of maintanence calls over all other technicians. He was fired because of a conversation he had with the mail lady while in the office about illegal immigrants. Nothing was said that was racist of discriminatory and the conversation only occured between him and the mail lady. Well the only other person in the room was a leasing agent and he butted into the conversation and said that he had an illegal immigrant as a father, yet it wasnt his biological father. the leasing agent apparently sent an email to the manager and it was stated that he felt threatened by the comments and so my boyfriend was fired within an hour of getting the email, no investigating was done he was terminated on a he said he said basis. We are just looking for help in how to handle this quickly and with the most force. Aimco does not care about its employees or residents all it cares about is the stock holders and it will step all over it needs to.

I would say that your boyfriend has A VALID LAWSUIT against Aimco. Unless they had a written policy prohibiting speech of certain topics, he can sue for BIG BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$ Complaining on this board won't help get him the money he rightfully deserves! See a lawyer! Now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

so as far as northwoods apts goes in columbus. There is many apt homes with mold. As well as electrical issues and very poor Managment. I also know that 1 building out of all the units in the back section did not receive new appliances. Due to being dirty people and Indian residents. This was mentioned a few times in the office and i think that was very very noprofesional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

are there anyone else who has worked for aimco that was discriminated against and be willing to join a class action lawsuit contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

John in San Antonio, Texas

85 months ago

Timbermill Apartments, San Antonio, Texas.

They don't respond to my broken AC maintenance emails or phone calls.
3 weeks with August Heat and no AC in this hot ass Texas weather.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymously

85 months ago

i have been doing this maintenance stuff for 20 years. it has goten to be a joke. thay say that when ---- starts it starts in the office. if it wasent for the maintenance staff. the apartments would not get rented this is true thay get everything ready. the painting the work orders the repears the cleaning. the sade thing is no one cares. well if thay all stoped then whot would happen. sure thayed haire more. then the compney and the manegment would have a bsd rep cause this would keep going on and on and on. its sad but true it wont change till someone.changes it good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wow in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

anonymously said: i have been doing this maintenance stuff for 20 years. it has goten to be a joke. thay say that when ---- starts it starts in the office. if it wasent for the maintenance staff. the apartments would not get rented this is true thay get everything ready. the painting the work orders the repears the cleaning. the sade thing is no one cares. well if thay all stoped then whot would happen. sure thayed haire more. then the compney and the manegment would have a bsd rep cause this would keep going on and on and on. its sad but true it wont change till someone.changes it good luck

someone needs spellcheck, dont they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Former Tenant in Alpharetta, Georgia

85 months ago

AIMCO BLOWS!! I never worked for them, but I used to live at one of their properties. There was black mold in my apt. and it practically took an EPA order to get them to remove it--and they still didn't remove all of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

85 months ago

First people get it together and see a lawyer as a group, it will never go to court, they will settle out of court.
Second complain about mold issues all you want but I would like to see how many of you develop tumors in your lungs within the next 5 to 7 years.
My wife did after being exposed to mold and it was traced back to MOLD!
Make calls to your local health dept, tenant landlord group and the local newspapers they love this stuff/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Henry Lindley in Bolivar, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Peter in Columbus, Ohio said: How has aimco screwed you and are you willing to file suit against them. List any ways that aimco has wrongfully gone against the law in your presence also leave contact info if possible. Me and my partner are currently filing a wrongful termination suit against the company over a lot of shady stuff that has happened while we have lived at northwoods apartments.

Hopefully you are in touch with the "Class Action Lawsuit" Attorney in Minnesota who has file a class action suit against AIMCO. You can also contact the Securities and Exchange Commission and report their unsavory behavior. One of the quickest and most severe way to hit them is in the pocketbook. Posting how they treat tenants, and employees can have very broad and negative effects.
The Attorney mentioned is at nka.com or call at 1877-448-0492
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

maint tech in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

Also here in Columbus At Northwoods Apts. They are using KIlls to cover up mold so when they paint it wont bleed through. Infact to fix mold you must find the source that caused the mold fix it!!!!! Replace the areas in concern. Just to let everyone know mold is very very dangerous for anyone to live with especially children infants and eldery. This must STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Leasing consultant in Lansing, Michigan

84 months ago

Peter in Columbus, Ohio said: How has aimco screwed you and are you willing to file suit against them. List any ways that aimco has wrongfully gone against the law in your presence also leave contact info if possible. Me and my partner are currently filing a wrongful termination suit against the company over a lot of shady stuff that has happened while we have lived at northwoods apartments.

I was terminated yesterday under the pretense of falsifying income in order for a prospective resident to get qualified. I witnessed my boss increasing income for this purpose for another leasing consultant, why wouldn't I think I could do the same thing? Also, they are allowing the manager to live on site but she can not afford the deposit to put the electricity in her name so it is being billed through AIMCO. At my property they use Klls to cover mold also. They break so many rules when it fits them but when they want to get rid of someone they enforce them. This is a practice I have seen frequently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

so sorry in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

oh, that is really a shame. i am so sorry to hear of your wrongful termination. I can imagine that you are really upset right now and feeling very dejected. What you need to do right now is:

1. Document everything in writing. Every detail about the other files that were falsified. When an investigation is done you will need to provide the apartment number, name of the resident and how the manager increased salary. If the files are subpoenaed for any reason- they can investigate the rental application and verify true income.
2. Contact the unemployment office and file a claim. You should be able to do this on line. When you file, be honest and share the story. Aimco will attempt to fight your claim, but do it anyway.
3. Consider the reason that the manager would break the rules for one leasing consultant but not for you. Why are you being treated differently? Are you a member of a protected class? Is there retaliation for another event? Your local EEOC office should be able to help you make that determination and your initial report can be filed on line as well.

You also need to ask yourself why you broke the rules? Was the atmosphere such that it was an accepted practice or did you stray from procedure? Technically, you are all guilty if you knew you were falsifying records, but if your manager set the precedent, you might get a break.

Report the manager who is stealing utilities to the Regional Vice President. He has fired people for that action and should be expected to do the same thing in this case.

You also have the option of reporting the manager's actions to mysafeworkplace.com. They are a neutral agency hired by aimco to encourage whistle blowing without retaliation - although it seems you have already been retaliated against. Couldn't hurt.

and finally, try to remember that you are a valuable person and that in a short while, you will have recovered from this and will have moved on. Until then, take some positive action.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Leasing consultant in Lansing, Michigan

84 months ago

I also forgot to add that I was the star seller up until 2 months ago when I fell and hurt my knee. I currently have an open workers comp claim. I went to the doctor yesterday morning prior to being terminated and was told I need a surgery that would have me off work for 2 to 3 months. I can not help but wonder if that did not have something to do with it also.

I agree that I did do wrong. But my manager had done that so why wouldn't I? Is this retaliation against me by my manager? ABSOLUTELY. She has never liked me and I even told her I thought she had a vendetta against me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

advice5Cents in Minneapolis, Minnesota

84 months ago

Hang on - did you say that you had a workers comp claim? woooaaa nellie! did you tell your manager that you needed to be off prior to being fired? You still might be able to take advantage of your short or long term disability insurance that you are still paying for. Call the HR department in Denver TODAY and get the information for filing a claim. Sure does sound like retaliation to me, especially if this manager was doing the same thing. You NEED to contact an attorney today as well. You also may have been discriminated based upon your disability. Also, sue the jerks for liability for the conditions that caused your fall. Go get yourself a nice hungry ambulance chaser if nothing else. Wow. you really have been (excuse the term) screwed by aimco. Go get em!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sadbuttrue in Detroit, Michigan

84 months ago

ill tell ya. It should go as proof positive that it doesn't matter how good you are, what you do for them or what your accomplishments are - you pi-- off the wrong person, they will find a way to fire you. that doesnt speak well of management or the culture in general. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you out there - performance culture? My glut! You can be useless at your job, not meet the expectations and be "counseled" and "coached" until they are blue in the face. Cross the wrong path? You're gone. Do you su-- at running a property? Audition for a training job... you will get it. Great leasing agent? aw, thats just luck - right place right time. wacked. all of them. what you guys need is a UNION. If you had collective bargaining, you might make more than $10 an hour and the inept, ineffectual "leaders" at Aimco would not be able to fire you on a whim. It would require a steward and an investigation. These upper level leaders had better change their ways, they are likely to come back in their next lives without the privelege they have had in this one. As i said UNIONIZE!!!!!!!

Sakib in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut

84 months ago

I am definitely interested in filing a suit against them. Can someone help?
Feel free to email me at sendemail6@aol.com
They overcharged rent for August 2007 and still have not refunded the overcharged amount to me even though my lease has been terminated since August 16th!!
They still have not issued me refund for the security deposit check and they have clearly violated the statute of 30-day period since its past 30days now.

themouse in Grand Rapids, Michigan

84 months ago

contact: residentrelations@aimco.com - this will be passed along to the rpm and rvp as well. if you are really interested in filing suit you should look into the recent florida lawsuit. Residents there took a class action suit against aimco and anyone who was improperly charged for termination fees etc., won part of the award. Dont knonw what CT law is but its worth looking into. also if you paid by credit card or eft your bank should be able to help you get your money back. did you have your manager or service manager do a "walk through" with you when you handed in your keys? If not, you might have a problem. not doing a walk through is conceding that whatever that manager determines are damages you pay for.

Ryan Wise in Tucson, Arizona

83 months ago

My name is Ryan Wise. I'm considering pursuing legal action against AIMCO. Anyone have their own stories so we could join in a class action suit?

Here is a message received from Sun River, a subsidiary of AIMCO on
(5/19/2007 5:01 PM)

"as far as your "subtenant" is concerned, in February when she came in to pay the rent she was advised that she was not on the lease and would have to fill out an application, qualify before she would be added. On February 14th, she came in with application and paid her application fee. At taht(sic) time her credit was run and she was advised that both you and she would need to sign a change in resident addendum before this change would be authorized. The change of resident addendum was prepared by Sun River management and neither party signed the addendum. "

My response to this claim, of course, was that I had paid the rent in full to the end of my contract prior to Leah going into the office to transfer the lease to her name so the claim that she went in to pay the lease is demonstratably false. Sun River took her money and did a credit check and background check on her. They told her they would follow up by sending her the contract to sign. Leah says that she never received the contract and the lack of delivery date on the contract sent from Sun River confirms this violation of AIMCO policy.
... (cont)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

... (cont)
On 08/16/2007 AIMCO's representative wrote to the BBB

"We received information that Mr. Wise sublet his unit, which is prohibited under the terms of his lease. The office sent an unauthorized occupant notice. At that point Ms. Bascomb (the unauthorized occupant) filled out an application. However, neither occupant signed a roommate addendum to add Ms Bascomb to the lease. "

I'm curious when this "unauthorized occupant notice" was sent? Before Leah moved into the apartment?

Also, Sun River has failed to produce the maintainence requests with feedback forms that it promised the BBB it would. Since this would have resolved the matter

83 months ago

Ryan Wise- phone # is 630 806 1626
Sun River, the subsidiary of AIMCO, is in Phoenix, AZ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

foryourinformation in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Ryan- your posts really aren't all that clear about what your complaint is. Are you saying that you sublet your apartment to a friend? If you did, you did violate your lease. However, it is highly likely that you can resolve the dispute by contacting some of the individuals below:

CEO Terry Considine (really not involved in operations. More of a deal maker and "photo op", weird seasonal emails to employees sort of guy. Very "ivory tower"

EVP Jeff Adler- seems passionate enough about what his mission is, but has absolutely no people skills and comes off a little mean. Has been known to have public "Howard Dean" outbursts when trying to motivate. He claims to want to improve the customer experience, so he might be willing to listen.

DVP - there are four of them - don't know which one oversees Arizona, but here you go:

Peter Kompaniez- this might be the guy
Anthony D'Alto
Tom Seeger
Michael Karsner

Anytime you want to reacht the Ivory Tower occupants at Aimco, simply use this email format:

firstname.lastname@aimco.com

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

foryourinformation in Los Angeles, California said: Ryan- your posts really aren't all that clear about what your complaint is. Are you saying that you sublet your apartment to a friend?

Hi. Sorry for the confusion, I have several complaints. The biggest is that Sun River, an AIMCO subsidiary, is trying to charge an extra month's rent because they claim I failed to notify them in writing. I first notified them in person and they said they couldn't accept my notification because it was too far in advance. (My heating and AC weren't working for the first 8 months) The woman was sympathetic and was able to work it so I got 15 days off my contract. So the incident is documented and dated in writing on the contract, but doesn't include much info except that the length of the contract was reduced.

So I notified them I was leaving at the end of my lease via email a little while later. They said I could sublet if the person was approved. She went in and passed a credit check, however they failed to send the contract transfering the lease to her. I can document, using papers that they've sent me, that the error was theirs. Now they're trying to change their story entirely since I disproved their first one.

Very frustrating. This shouldn't even be a problem, and if it is, it shouldn't be mine.

I tried the name thing. Most of the names I sent to got bounced. I'll recheck later which ones and see if any might have gone through.

Thanks again for your help.

83 months ago

actually, 'sublet' was the wrong word. I was supposed to transfer tenancy to her. But they goofed the transfer (no delivery date on the document they were supposed to send) and blamed me even after I showed that they had made contradictory statements and their own documents didn't back them up.

Also, I went in recently and the service request I had made on Christmas day had been deleted, with their records implying that the issue had been resolved in May.

Basically, there have been numerous attempts to alter Sun River's documents or not record important events, a number of which I've documented, in order to try and collect an extra month's rent plus penalties and keep my deposit. Or at least cover up the staff's earlier mistakes.

booboo in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

You might want to contact the state attorney general's office. Look into the lawsuit in Florida. They had to return money to tenants for overcharging them lease break fees and other charges.

83 months ago

I drove up to Phoenix last Sunday (2 hours, both ways) because AIMCO/Sun River was trying to damage my credit rating. I showed them in their records where they had received notice that I was leaving at the end of my lease and they hadn't filed it. They couldn't look this up themselves for the past 6 goddamn months while their collection agency wasted hours of my time?! I spent over a hundred hours demonstrating to these people that their descriptions of events constantly changed and contradicted themselves. They're still keeping my deposit, even though I showed them clear evidence that they received notice of lease termination. Additionally, one of the service requests which demonstrated that my heating/AC was repaired in December on Christmas day had been deleted from their database, to make it seem like the unit had been repaired back in June. The woman on staff at first tried to tell me that that "wasn't possible." Sure.

I feel a little guilty not pursuing this matter till they give my deposit back too, since they have no right to it, but I've wasted far far far too much time talking to these people and I just want the whole thing to end. Contacting Terry seemed to have been helpful. The local office was willing to lie through their teeth to avoid admitting a mistake.

If you're ever in Phoenix, avoid Sun River like the plague. The place has no ethics whatsoever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine Rustman in Jacksonville, Florida

78 months ago

We moved into 'Villages of Baymeadows' because friends of our lived here. The night we moved in someone was robbed right by us. The same week the old tenant came by to check the screens that they charged her for fixing-not only had they not fixed them, it took three requests for them to come patch it. We had a beehive in our wall that took four months to get a real response. They kept sending a guy with a can of spray, and after many calls, they finally had someone remove it. The pest control man told me there were at least 400 bees in there. Our heat didn't work in one bedroom for two months, and they replaced our heating unit but didn't upgrade the circuit board, so we kept losing power during the winter. We made three calls to maintenance in one day about the heat being broken and all these guys did was turn on our circuit without offering to fix it. The fourth guy finally did.
My husband's job transferred him to Georgia and they refused to allow us to break our lease-even though our friend had bought a house and broke theirs-there were no two bedrooms avail at the time so it was ok-but we were cited Florida law EXCEPT they would let us leave if we went to another Aimco property in Georgia and signed a new lease etc. There were no properties in Georgia within 40 miles of my husbands job, so we are stuck for 7 months in this place. The screens don't fit the windows and the construction looks pretty, but we are full of drafts. My point is, they have turned out to be terrible, from notifying us to boil water at the end of the 72hour period to randomly changing their rules. I would never reccomend them to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

clarity in Oceanside, California

77 months ago

hey ryan, you seem to be confused. you don't get your security deposit until AFTER you move out. an no, you can't give your 60 day notice verbally. in fact, at the community I work at, we don't accept it in writing either, we will take the date from your written statement as your notice given date, but that's about it.

Also, when you fill out a change in resident addundum, you don't get anything in the mail. there is no mail notification. basically, once you have signed, she has signed, and the CM has signed, it's done. You also don't recieve anything in the mail when they have completed it, sometimes they'll give you a phone call saying you can come in and sign, but for the most part, it's ready withthin 2 days.

also, with focus (the program that they use) it is impossible to delete service requests. what may have happened is that it never got put in. And if that's the csem they're not trying to cover anything up, they just must have been so busy that it got shuffled around and never made it in. For future referance, AIMCO's maintenece policy asks that maintenece resolve your issue within 24 hours. So if it is not resolved by that time, call again. Maybe it never got put it on accident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

reguarding your being overcharged, I'm still confused on that, did she actually pay rent after you did?

77 months ago

Hi Clarity - I waited until the lease was up for them to return my security deposit. They didn't return it.

I tried to give my 60 day notice directly to them in writing about 6 months in advance and they refused it, so I gave it to them via email since it created a written record in their system which they have to accept according to the laws of the state of AZ. They ignored that, too. In retrospect, I should have delivered it certified mail and kept a copy since that would have cut through a lot of red tape with the collection agency that they threw on me. You seem to be confirming what I'm saying; that AIMCO ignores local laws and tries to make up their own rules to make it harder for tenants to leave.

I served out the full year and paid for the full year. I paid till the end of the lease when I left about several months early. The person who stayed there after me paid me each month (a small fraction of what I'd paid.)

77 months ago

Clarity -

With the change in resident form, the office screwed that up. I made sure the tenant went in and changed things over, but the office forgot to give her one of the forms, which I demonstrated since the copy in their office that they sent me had no delivery date. They tried to blame me at first saying that she hadn't signed, but I had the documentation that they never delivered it. They didn't even apologize for screwing that up which irked me more than anything, they just moved on to a different story about why they weren't responsible. I really wish things had gone as smoothly as you say they do in your office, but they didn't. I suppose they were just looking out for their own necks and it was easier to try and blame me.

>also, with focus (the program that they use) it is impossible to delete service requests. >what may have happened is that it never got put in.

That's entirely possible, I suppose. All I know is that they had a guy come out that date and it was not in their system. They tried to use that to claim that the unit was repaired much earlier. (And yes, I'd called them to fix it a number of times. After several days staying at home, they told me that nothing could be done. It wasn't till I got really desperate much later living without heat in winter that I finally started breathing down their neck again.)

I'd be a lot more forgiving about the incident if it had been isolated but there were a whole string of mistakes and violations coupled with threats from a collections agency if I didn't pay these enormous extra charges. It was just an unbelievable pain.

77 months ago

To clarify, Clarity; The local (Sun River) Office sent me the screwed up form after the tenant had moved out in an attempt to document why I owed them extra money. They did not send it to anyone before then.

paying too much in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

AT the Chicago property, Hyde Park Tower, we are being charged individually for heat, hot water, trash, water, sewage. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment and my utility bill is averaging over $100 a month. They charge for hot water by the amount of square footage and the number of people in your unit. I wonder if this is legal.

The utility billing company is ISTA. Anyone else in an Aimco property paying too much? Is ISTA just another name for AIMCO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lyndsay in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

I live in an aimco property and man, I wish I would've looked them up before I moved in. Most of their properties have horrible ratings on apartmentratings.com and it says right on their Wikipedia site that they're KNOWN for how horrible they treat their tenants. I'm having an issue with them currently and I'm telling you, all of this is enough to make me NEVER rent from a huge corporation or an apartment complex again. I can't wait until our lease is up. The sad thing is who is going to stop these people? This the biggest property management company in the country-they disregard complaints like they don't even exist. I'm living off of NO money right now because of their error-their CEO makes $97 million a year-maybe he'll let me borrow some money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Lyndsay -

Of course they act this way. You have to fly out to Colorado to sue them and they know it so there's little pressure for them to change.

77 months ago

paying too much in Chicago, Illinois said: AT the Chicago property, Hyde Park Tower, we are being charged individually for heat, hot water, trash, water, sewage. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment and my utility bill is averaging over $100 a month. They charge for hot water by the amount of square footage and the number of people in your unit. I wonder if this is legal.

The utility billing company is ISTA. Anyone else in an Aimco property paying too much? Is ISTA just another name for AIMCO?

no,ista is not a part of AIMCO, I've emailed them several times. I think they're way too confusing for residents. I appreciate that they give a breakdown of what's being charged, but they should not have a due date on there, as you pay it with your rent. This only makes people think they have to paytwice. I don't like them.

btw, if any of your ista bills seem too high, check with your neighbors, or make sure you don't have a leak. at he community I work at, the ista bills are based on the building anounts, so it's not just what you're using. alos, we had a water leak and the resident told us that his water bill was outrageous, which is how we were able to figure outhe had the leak. just some things to keep in mind.

fedup08 in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Florida law prohibits AIMCo from charging you anything to break the lease....you can move out with no notice and owe nothing but rent through the day you move out. VErify nothing ahs changed, but I know this since my best friend worked for them in FL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

farazon in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

I was at Village of BayMeadows at the time of Catherine Rustman in Jacksonville, Florida and can verify her statments. They installed new ACs with out upgrading the wiring, Breakers or Copper line sets. Why is this impportant? wires that are so old the insolation is falling off, Line sets that restrict freon and drop the seer rating, and undersized breakers that burn up frequently.
It takes weeks to get holes in the ceilings fixed because an inefficient manager cant do his job. The management runs off employees faster than a Nascar vehicle.

Anne in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

I worked for AIMCO headquarters in Greenwood Village a few years ago. I filled in for someone who was out on medical leave. They fired 8 temps before I got there! Yes 8! I stayed as long as I could stand it (2 months) and the woman was still not back from medical leave. I gave Kelly Services a week's notice as I was working thru them. It was just like working in a factory. Too much work in too little time -- very stressful. And the Sr. VP's I reported to were not pleasant or appreciative at all. I had to order their lunches every day as they ate in (the company paid for it); it was a strange uncomfortable place to work. The admins. who survived reminded me of Stepford Wives waiting on their husbands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tay tay in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

vey interested. pls contact me

76 months ago

haylon12 in Columbus, Ohio said: are there anyone else who has worked for aimco that was discriminated against and be willing to join a class action lawsuit contact me

call me 678-266-0367

76 months ago

Yes call me after 7 tonight

njguy in Jacksonville, Florida

74 months ago

You sound like you are saying AIMCO is specifically prohibited from charging that fee. Is that correct? I'd like more information on that please.

njguy in Jacksonville, Florida

74 months ago

farazon in Jacksonville, Florida said: I was at Village of BayMeadows at the time of Catherine Rustman in Jacksonville, Florida and can verify her statments. They installed new ACs with out upgrading the wiring, Breakers or Copper line sets. Why is this impportant? wires that are so old the insolation is falling off, Line sets that restrict freon and drop the seer rating, and undersized breakers that burn up frequently.
It takes weeks to get holes in the ceilings fixed because an inefficient manager cant do his job. The management runs off employees faster than a Nascar vehicle.

I don't know when that was but my wife is/was employed there and from what I've seen the overall maintenance of the grounds and buildings leaves something to be desired. Also, the hours expected of the employees are limitless, the office understaffed and scheduling you 6 or even 7 days straight, 9+ hours a day is not uncommon. Say you're scheduled to work 9-6. You can't take a lunch break because it is swamped, no one is available to cover for you and you dont want to walk out with phones ringing and people in front of you waiting for assistance. Now at 5:00pm it slows down. You cannot leave at 5:00 after an 8 hour day. You are scheduled til 6:00. This is how 9 hour days occur regularly. They don't care about the employees, whether they see their families, or feel like they're on call every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.