why are we all wasting our time with EMPLOYERS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

hammandcheese in Newark, New Jersey

86 months ago

I am rummaging around this site and looking at the angst and agony that so many are feeling as a result of EMPLOYMENT. Maybe we should start a network of intelligent people to exchange goods, services, etc. I will bet that there is LOT of talent out there being wasted on "the man". It is every employer's goal to keep the worker bees working and making enough to survive but not thrive! Post industrialist slavery. Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

86 months ago

I have frequently thought about a different approach to employment as well. If you consider the number of people either on unemployment or wellfare or just flat out of benefits you have a fairly large pool. Some of these folks rightly claim they can't afford to work and pay for child care or a very long list of very good reasons. What if you could get the folks together and start a business where part of their pay was in the form of these benefits? Some would obviously need to be the child care providers or the bus driver to get these folks to work. I am sure you could do this in a call center or small manufacturing environment and be relatively succesful. Some legwork into what government assistance is availabl to get started would be a good step in that direction. Just a thought

hammandcheese in Newark, New Jersey

86 months ago

not bad advice! let me sit and think on it for a while. thanks! (and, its not just entry level folks either) I am a burned out, fed up and totally disgusted Manager - unless you get stock options and a 2 year severance package, you are a disposible slave. That's most of us.

Charlie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

86 months ago

Chuck in Eureka Springs, Arkansas said: What if you could get the folks together and start a business where part of their pay was in the form of these benefits?

Actually it already exists on the west coast:

www.geocities.com/theskillspool/index.html

It is also quite legal. You can even report goods and services obtained through barter on your income tax return. All you need do is organize it in your town or city.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.