How to get a job at Airgas.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Airgas? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

spamhater in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Airgas generally gets new employees through the many company acquistions that they complete each year. A year or so after a new company is acquired, Airgas will go through a restructuring and terminate the employees who have been with the company the longest. Then the next year, they will repeat the same process. The result is that they lose the employees with the most knowledge about Airgas. I would recommend that you search elsewhere for a job. Perhaps at Air Liquide or Air Products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ilvchalkl8 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

71 months ago

spamhater in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: Airgas generally gets new employees through the many company acquistions that they complete each year. A year or so after a new company is acquired, Airgas will go through a restructuring and terminate the employees who have been with the company the longest. Then the next year, they will repeat the same process. The result is that they lose the employees with the most knowledge about Airgas. I would recommend that you search elsewhere for a job. Perhaps at Air Liquide or Air Products.

Gee, that's funny?? I was just there yesterday for an interview and they are hiring and expanding all over the country. Oh, and I spoke with several employees there who had been there anywhere from 10-25 years so I think you should get your facts straight! In this economy it doesn't do any one any good to spread rumors especially since you are probably employed by Air Liquide or Air Products??? Not sure what capacity you work in but 'down and dirty' comments come back to haunt you. I don't care what you do...there is no such thing as job security and if I were you I would certainly be watching my back. Anyone can see you posted several similar useless comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

64 months ago

ilvchalkl8 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Gee, that's funny?? I was just there yesterday for an interview and they are hiring and expanding all over the country. Oh, and I spoke with several employees there who had been there anywhere from 10-25 years so I think you should get your facts straight! In this economy it doesn't do any one any good to spread rumors especially since you are probably employed by Air Liquide or Air Products??? Not sure what capacity you work in but 'down and dirty' comments come back to haunt you. I don't care what you do...there is no such thing as job security and if I were you I would certainly be watching my back. Anyone can see you posted several similar useless comments.

What a tool...how much do they pay you to run their PR show..and such threats to poster above, I mean seriously who do you think you are, Airgas mafia..how 'bout you grow and get back to the parts counter...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jonny5 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

54 months ago

Do your research before working at this location. Zero OT. Benefits are extremely high $$ and you will always work understaffed. You will be expected to do your job and someone else's on a pretty regular basis. Expect to go home beat physically and mentally every day. Payscale.com says median pay for this area for this type work is $18.00. You will find no one makes this. Starting pay is around $11.50-$12

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.