Ajilon Finance Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Ajilon Finance?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

RR in Weogufka, Alabama

106 months ago

Don't bother working with Ajilon. They expect you to immediately give them feedback when they send you on an interview and yet they will never give YOU feedback. They sent me on 3 interviews and each time they would never give me any feedback. After about a week I had to email them and ask them what was going on with the position. They also ask unethical questions during the interview. They are very rude and extremely unprofessional.

Will not be using them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ajilon Finance in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

106 months ago

I'm a staffing manager for an Ajilon Office. I encourage candidates to confirm 24 hours before they come in,(if the interview was made more than a day in advance), make sure you email your resume prior and bring in a hard copy. Dress professionally!! Always wear a suit regardless of the position and if its just to meet a recruiter! If you have anymore questions feel free to email us at northernvirginia@ajilonfinance.com

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Ajilon Finance?
Any advice on striking the right note?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EG in Naperville, Illinois

106 months ago

I agree. I met with someone in there Oak Brook Terrace, IL office. She said that it looked like she had two opportunites for me. I then followed up with her and NEVER received a return phone call OR a reponse to to my emails. No courtesy at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Weogufka, Alabama

106 months ago

Ditto. The Duluth, GA office is horrible as well. Very unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EG in Naperville, Illinois

106 months ago

<name removed>. She just happened to call me at 12:15pm and left a message. I am surprised that this message board had this much power.

ws

105 months ago

Boston office is bad also

Brian Travers in Norwood, Massachusetts

104 months ago

I disagree. The Boston office was great. I only had a short time to meet & the recuiter came to greet me right away. We talked for about 20 mins. He fixed my resume and gave me a few tips. He did not find me a job, but his help play ed a huge part in me finding a job. I still talk with him a couple of times a month.

Stacy Moss in Minonk, Illinois

104 months ago

I dealt with a girl in Downtown Chicago office and she was the worst recruiter ever. She promised me a permant position with Cpkelco and it turned out it was a temp position. she was very dishonest, will never work with them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Stoneville, North Carolina

103 months ago

high point office always wants to send me to another city, and there is plenty right here is greensboro, i think they discriminate on age i am over 50 and have many years of experience. they have really hurt my feelings and so have some of the agencies here. i think is the age thing. i never had a problem years ago when looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BG in Germantown, Tennessee

102 months ago

EG said: I agree. I met with someone in there Oak Brook Terrace, IL office. She said that it looked like she had two opportunites for me. I then followed up with her and NEVER received a return phone call OR a reponse to to my emails. No courtesy at all.

I had the exact same experience in Dallas, Texas. The recruiter advised me that she would present me to three companies and that it looked good. I left her three voicemail messages, but she never returned my calls. I feel that there is no excuse for anyone in the business world to not return a phone call. I'm beginning to wonder if not returning phone calls is becoming a national phenomenon now.

BG in Dallas in Germantown, Tennessee

102 months ago

Deborah said: Ditto. The Duluth, GA office is horrible as well. Very unprofessional.

I had the exact same experience in Dallas, Texas. The recruiter advised me that she would present me to three companies and that it looked good. I left her three voicemail messages, but she never returned my calls. I feel that there is no excuse for anyone in the business world to not return a phone call. I'm beginning to wonder if not returning phone calls is becoming a national phenomenon now.

R.Diaz in Polk City, Florida

102 months ago

Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

BradJ in New Milford, New Jersey

102 months ago

I disagree with the comments regarding Ajilon. Ajilon has been successful in placing me 2 times in my career, and not on my first search with them, and the individuals that I worked with over the years in the Chicagoland offices have provided prompt response.

I agree some recruiters that I have worked with don't reply promptly, maybe you folks have had bad luck with the folks you've drawn at Ajilon. Understanding that recruiters don't create jobs is a good start. Understanding that if your skills and experience are in demand recruiters get you in front of managers, not HR. Send your resume straight to the company and you're lost in the black hole. If your recruiter didn't make this clear, maybe your dealing with the wrong person.

I've worked with Ajilon on both sides of the equation as a client and as a candidate. My advice would be ask for another recruiter if you are not pleased, get a better education, don't job hop and don't expect miracles. Ajilon can be a great resource as long as you 'get it'...not everyone finds a job or is worth a placement fee. Ask yourself this: why would anyone pay a recuiter an additional 10K to find me? If you can't find the answer to that, you'll find the answer as to why you don't get placed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Warren in Noblesville, Indiana

102 months ago

Only 5% of people who interview for a permanent position with recruiters get hired. Are you in the Top 5% of your industry? If not, don't complain that someone else couldn't find you a job.

If you can't sell yourself well enough to companies and get hired, why do you think someone else can do any better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Kansas City, Missouri

101 months ago

Deborah in Weogufka, Alabama said: Ditto. The Duluth, GA office is horrible as well. Very unprofessional.

I've had bad luck with the Overland Park, KS office several years ago and currently. The rep always wanted info but was never willing to give any. I am back in the market for a job, so I sent my new resume for a posted job and followed up with a phone call and left a message and I've never been called back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jzonieee in Phoenix, Arizona

97 months ago

R.Diaz in Polk City, Florida said: Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

Is that why the Ajilon office in Salt Lake is unwilling to call back because I'm out of state. I used a recruiter once before from out of state to Arizona and it went fine and I got the job. Since all of my leads are from out of state, their Salt Lake office can't use them I guess. The AZ recruiter office made just under $13K on me 7 yrs ago. So, just because I don't have any local leads...I can believe that! I've had quite a few do a bait and switch on me. You go in to talk to them about their posting and it just happened to be filled by the time you make it to their office. Then they either try to line you up with something you don't want or they don't even call you back. I never even met the one who got me the job from out of state. Happy hunting. :)

Marilyn in Moreno Valley, California

97 months ago

Ajilon was great for me when I used them, both times I was offered a position with the company I worked for. I am moving to the Atlanta area and I hope they are as good there are they are in California.

jzonieee in Phoenix, Arizona

97 months ago

Marilyn in Moreno Valley, California said: Ajilon was great for me when I used them, both times I was offered a position with the company I worked for. I am moving to the Atlanta area and I hope they are as good there are they are in California.

Are you working with them before you move?

Betty Orlando in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

RR in Weogufka, Alabama said: Don't bother working with Ajilon. They expect you to immediately give them feedback when they send you on an interview and yet they will never give YOU feedback. They sent me on 3 interviews and each time they would never give me any feedback. After about a week I had to email them and ask them what was going on with the position. They also ask unethical questions during the interview. They are very rude and extremely unprofessional.

Will not be using them again.

Funny, they got you 3 interviews?? Wow

Betty Orlando in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

It really depends on the person that you work with. The St. Louis branch did a great job getting me a job right away, and they still call to check up on me!! I am not really happy with the company that they placed me with right now so I have been looking around, and I have no problem going back to them for help! If you are in the St. Louis location and you need a good source keep them in mind!! Sarah is on the office side and Maria is the best finance recruiter. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse