Ajilon Finance News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ajilon Finance stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

FINGUY in Ontario, California

105 months ago

I have no idea how good they are today. My only experience with them directly was about 3 years ago, on a direct placement. As soon as the discovered I'm not 25, they lost interest. I do reply to ads they post, that have about 80% of my experiences in them, wreite a cover letter that rifle-shoots the "requirements" and never hear from them. Nothing, nada, not even a hpone call to determine my salary needs.

They obviously don't like doing regualr placements, or using "experienced candidates" which is French for Age Discrimination. What is disturbing, is once in a while, these jobs may be REAL. And some look pretty intersting. Since I am regular sought out for similar jobs via MONSTER, CAREER BUILDER, 6 FIGURE JOBS or The Ladders, it isn't a lack of a good resume, or skills that has me disqualified. The truth is, I get at least 3 to 4 times as many responses via "cold calling" from others.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about Los Angeles area executive placement firms? PLEASE SHARE NAMES AND NUMBERS WITH THE REST OF US!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marciamiller in Berkeley, California

99 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ajilon Finance stack up against the competition?

Interesting! FINGUY states Ajilon does not like "experienced candidates". This sounds similar to my experience with them. I've been sent me on a LOW level assignment, with the compnay taking 70% of the billied rate. And when I've requested consideration for better jobs posted on their site,
I was tool the positions "are too junior for me". Could they being saying I'm too old? I'm over 40.
Also, another staffing agency told me Ajilon will not verify my employment with them. But out source that it to another firm that charges to employment history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Las Vegas, Nevada

96 months ago

Marcia Miller in Berkeley, California said: Interesting! FINGUY states Ajilon does not like "experienced candidates". This sounds similar to my experience with them. I've been sent me on a LOW level assignment, with the compnay taking 70% of the billied rate. And when I've requested consideration for better jobs posted on their site,
I was tool the positions "are too junior for me". Could they being saying I'm too old? I'm over 40.
Also, another staffing agency told me Ajilon will not verify my employment with them. But out source that it to another firm that charges to employment history.

Methinks your horrible grammar and spelling has more to do with your failure as a human being than does age discrimination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FINGUY in Ontario, California

96 months ago

Chris, innocent typos are hardly a reason to dump on someone... Haven't you ever made a mistake while typing?
"METHINKS" you may have an ego or insecurity problem. Her "failure as a human being"? Wow.

Why don't you contribute something of value to the discussion instead? Dumping on Marcia, while easy, isn't even remmotely sporting...

Incidentally, I have once again tried to get some kind of a response from the Ajilon folks, this time responding to their posting in the Financial Executives Networking Group (the FENG)newsletter, which I am a member. We are ALL senior level execs and earn over 6 figures.

Guess what, a week and a half later and NOTHING! This is the same outfit that used the term "permanent employment" instead of "regular" in their emails and ads. A bunch of semi-pros.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.