Be Careful of Ajilon Finance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Warren in Carmel, Indiana

89 months ago

Right. Just bouncing from company to company and getting job order without ever placing people in them is the goal of recruiters. People are half the equation. Duh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ky in San Diego, California

89 months ago

Actually I totally disagree, it's in the best interest of most recruiters to be able to help place someone in a job first and foremost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Diaz in Kathleen, Florida

89 months ago

ky in San Diego, California said: Actually I totally disagree, it's in the best interest of most recruiters to be able to help place someone in a job first and foremost.

Sure they need to place people to get paid, but they shouldn't waste a job seekers' time by placing bogus ads for positions they actually don't even have. They do this to load up on resumes to have applicant ready if the job should ever come up. But you could be waiting for weeks or months.

They also engage in a sneaky activity called "sourcing" that involves taking information about your previous employers including manager name and number and other info to fill your old job to make a sale/placement.

Therefore Ky in San Diego I think you need to read between the lines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Diana Walker in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

I agree, most recruiters are sleazy and Iview them the same as I ddo sleazy used cars saelsman. Job seeker beware! There are however, a few good recrutierswho have hight ethical stadnards.I found my current position through a recruiter. she was not with Ajilong, Robert Half or any of the big names that post jobs that do not exist to get resumes. When you do lcoate a good position, these people are calling your boss trying to sell them someone else while you are there. don't dare use these recrutiers if you are looking for a new job, they will contact your current employer, tell them you are looking and do their best to get you fired so they can fill the job. Honest and ethical recuriters are very hardd to find, they are like a needle in the haystack. The recruiters at Ajilon are calling my boos every month trying to sell them a new Accounting Manager. They also will also lie and say you are looking even you aren't. Hoefully your boss vlaues you as en employee and tells him or her, they are happy with who they have on staff. My boss told me Ajilon has called everymonth since I started there, once they found out where I was working. silly me, I let it slip at a CPE event. Never again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Deana (CINCINNATI, OHIO) in Middletown, Ohio

88 months ago

I agree...I was caught in the scam...after the interview they wanted me to give them names and numbers so, they could call people i worked for and se if they needed anyone. the position i applied for was a scam....the ones who are posting in there favor must work for them...lol try it you will find out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Diaz in Tampa, Florida

88 months ago

It's true responding to agency help wanted ads is a total scam. The're even worse than used car salesmen

We all need to get the word out to everyone- friends, family, and everyone else.

Tell everyone you know.........EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES ARE SCAMS!!! Don't give them any business!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Glen Burnie, Maryland

87 months ago

Ajilon is one of the sleazy companies to work for. They are a "hire and fire" company. This is not a company to have a career with. They supply temp help and you are gone as soon as the contract ends. A friend of mine, who worked for them for awhile, had to sue them when they pulled a dirty trick. Stay away from them if you value your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sxsalmas in La Crescenta, California

86 months ago

I worked with Ajilon and was very happy with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

sxsalmas in La Crescenta, California

86 months ago

Besides Ajilon, I have worked with Spherion. I rate Spherion very highly. If they are doing harm to me, I have not seen any of that YET.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mcz1970 in Germantown, Ohio

78 months ago

R Diaz in Polk City, Florida said: Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

OMG!! I had a recruiter from CBC Financial Services call me and tell me that they had a perfect job for me. The job? The literally read word for word my job description for a previous job with a previous company. I told the recruiter if the job was with XYZ Company then I wasn't interested. She told me that she couldn't reveal who the company was. I told her that was fine, I just didn't want to work for XYZ Company. She then asked me how I knew? I told her that she just read my job description for when I worked for XYZ Company!

I am so gullible. I actually thought that XYZ Company was simply using the same description. Duh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pasadena Alpine in Monterey Park, California

78 months ago

OMG. A recruiter keeps asking me to go to their office and have an interview with her. She asks for SSN, W4, and all your top secrets, while telling you it is totally for the hiring purposes and they will keep it confidential. I was about to say yes and about to go. Now I am really hesitated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

Guide

Ajilon Finance is a consulting firm and hires people to do the consulting work. They are required by law to collect that information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Buckwheat in Washington, District of Columbia

77 months ago

Diana Walker in Austin, Texas said: I agree, most recruiters are sleazy and Iview them the same as I ddo sleazy used cars saelsman. Job seeker beware! There are however, a few good recrutierswho have hight ethical stadnards.I found my current position through a recruiter. she was not with Ajilong, Robert Half or any of the big names that post jobs that do not exist to get resumes. When you do lcoate a good position, these people are calling your boss trying to sell them someone else while you are there. don't dare use these recrutiers if you are looking for a new job, they will contact your current employer, tell them you are looking and do their best to get you fired so they can fill the job. Honest and ethical recuriters are very hardd to find, they are like a needle in the haystack. The recruiters at Ajilon are calling my boos every month trying to sell them a new Accounting Manager. They also will also lie and say you are looking even you aren't. Hoefully your boss vlaues you as en employee and tells him or her, they are happy with who they have on staff. My boss told me Ajilon has called everymonth since I started there, once they found out where I was working. silly me, I let it slip at a CPE event. Never again.

It's a pity they didn't teach you to spell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: Ajilon Finance is a consulting firm and hires people to do the consulting work. They are required by law to collect that information.

SSN + W4 at the interview stage? Hardly likely.
If you're actually hired then I would understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Guide

Buckwheat in Washington, District of Columbia said: SSN + W4 at the interview stage? Hardly likely.
If you're actually hired then I would understand.

OK, I will give you that. Part of the problem -- and why this thread started in the first place -- is that Ajilon "hires" you at that interview as a "consultant". The idea being that you are ready to go when they get an assignment that fits you.

But then they never call. So you are treated like an unpaid, unworking employee. From their perspective, I can understand why you would want to be able to send someone out on assignment with just a phone call, since all the paperwork is completed.

From an applicant's standpoint, however, it does seem as though they are collecting personal data that could put you at risk with no benefit whatsoever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: OK, I will give you that. Part of the problem -- and why this thread started in the first place -- is that Ajilon "hires" you at that interview as a "consultant". The idea being that you are ready to go when they get an assignment that fits you.

But then they never call. So you are treated like an unpaid, unworking employee. From their perspective, I can understand why you would want to be able to send someone out on assignment with just a phone call, since all the paperwork is completed.

From an applicant's standpoint, however, it does seem as though they are
collecting personal data that could put you at risk with no benefit whatsoever.

I wasn't aware of that aspect of Ajilon. I've had several telephone conversations with them but I made it clear I would only meet them if there was a 'real' job in the offing. Although they might claim an instantaneous need for people, almost no job is filled that way "ASAP" nothwithstanding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Under Maryland employment law, if you are unpaid, you are unemployed and eligible for unemployment benefits. There is no such thing as an "unpaid employee". You are either a paid employee or unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Bud in Glen Burnie, Maryland said: Under Maryland employment law, if you are unpaid, you are unemployed and eligible for unemployment benefits. There is no such thing as an "unpaid employee". You are either a paid employee or unemployed.

Amen!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

75 months ago

Wow!!!! I had no idea. I always wondered why the recruiters from Ajilon was sooooo nice when they invited me down for an interview & on the face to face meeting they were even nicer. I must have spent 2 hours there talking shop & then talking non shop. I walked out of there feeling like, "Yeah I KNOW this place will find me something". After a few days I stopped getting reply emails, stopped receiving return phone calls, in fact everything just STOPPED!!!

Well, NOW I KNOW!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ziggie in Lisbon, Maryland

75 months ago

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS:

Recruiters are not in this world to get YOU a job. They are there to get job orders and match client's needs with their inventory of candidates. Yes, you are inventory. Get over it.

Do they want to know where you've been interviewing ? Yes.

Why? Two reasons - 1. so they can call that company and get a job order 2. So they don't embarass themselves and send your resume when you have already submitted your resume.

There are 3 ways that you will find your next job.

1. Ad responses

2. Recruiters

3. Word of mouth/networking.

70% of all jobs filled are NEVER ADVERTISED.

So ask yourself - how are you using your time in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I guess it's a business just like everything else.

Ziggie in Lisbon, Maryland said: GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS:

Recruiters are not in this world to get YOU a job. They are there to get job orders and match client's needs with their inventory of candidates. Yes, you are inventory. Get over it.

Why? Two reasons - 1. so they can call that company and get a job order 2. So they don't embarass themselves and send your resume when you have already submitted your resume.

1. Ad responses

2. Recruiters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

70% of all jobs filled are NEVER ADVERTISED, sorry but I've been around long enough to have heard that one a ton of times & it's a sales pitch. Every recruiter & headhunter uses that same slogan. Even if it's true it's been used to death. I just had one call today, sounded like a great opportunity, so I gave my one caveat, "I'm not relocating". Oooops bingo that was the key. Recruiters are always eager to call & ask if you want to uproot your family & move to some god forsaken state & then when you balk they come back with, "You must not want it that badly then". Give me a break! If recruiters are not in it to get YOU a job then they need to stop advertising as if that's what they're trying to do & advertise themselves to companies & organizations not individuals because that's how it's peddled. You want to just fill open position orders for companies then advertise to them as a job filler not a job getter.

Ziggie in Lisbon, Maryland said: GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS:

1. Ad responses

2. Recruiters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Guide

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California said: 70% of all jobs filled are NEVER ADVERTISED, sorry but I've been around long enough to have heard that one a ton of times & it's a sales pitch. Every recruiter & headhunter uses that same slogan. Even if it's true it's been used to death.

In a former life, I was one of those guys and we used a 50-50 published vs. unpublished argument when selling services.

I think the reality depends a lot on your geography and what level you are at. I can't imagine any Fortune 500 CEO openings being listed on Monster, just as I can't imagine a parking lot attendant at Home Depot needed a strong professional network.

Areas with a lot of in-migration like southern California will have more published jobs than cities like Milwaukee to where no one moves.

I can apply for a job on craigslist in less than 60 seconds, it takes 10-30 minutes on Monster/CB/HJ and calling someone I know professionally takes about 5 minutes.

I still believe if you cover all the segments of the job market you will get better results, but you still have to budget your time and resources accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks CH, your reply was much more constructive & gave some insight I never thought of like geography. Now that makes sense why some recruiters push jobs in weird places.

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: In a former life, I was one of those guys and we used a 50-50 published vs. unpublished argument when selling services.

I think the reality depends a lot on your geography and what level you are at. I can't imagine any Fortune 500 CEO openings being listed on Monster, just as I can't imagine a parking lot attendant at Home Depot needed a strong professional network.

Areas with a lot of in-migration like southern California will have more published jobs than cities like Milwaukee to where no one moves.

I can apply for a job on craigslist in less than 60 seconds, it takes 10-30 minutes on Monster/CB/HJ and calling someone I know professionally takes about 5 minutes.

I still believe if you cover all the segments of the job market you will get better results, but you still have to budget your time and resources accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vale Vacc in Vail, Colorado

74 months ago

I went to Ajilon to look for work this week. I sat down with the recruiter to chat. I told him that I had to cut my last job short because my out-of-town mother died of cancer. The recruiter asked me whether I planned to only stay in my next job for nine months. I was about to jump on the guy. No, I do not plan on my mother dying of cancer again, you son of a ...itch! I am still thinking of calling the guy and giving him a piece of me, the ...astard. Then he asked me how my last employer does its recruitment. I was shocked at how many snakes work in that environment. This will be my last agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

barbara

73 months ago

went to Ajilon had appointment @ 11:00 with <Edited by Host: Name Removed>, at 11:05 <Edited by Host: Name Removed> says to receptionist, <Edited by Host: Name Removed> and i are going to lunch. A few minutes later <Edited by Host: Name Removed> comes to me and tells me that <Edited by Host: Name Removed> was having a problem with a client and had to meet with them to take care of the situation.<Edited by Host: Name Removed>didn't realize i over heard the conversation, about them going to lunch, i couldn't believe she would tell me that lie. you can't trust anyone these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Linthicum Heights, Maryland

73 months ago

As Barbara's experience shows, Ajilon has a dishonest mentality. A close friend used to work for them. When he was taken seriously ill and had to miss work, Ajilon tried to recoup their loss by filing a medical claim against him for $5,000. My friend did not now about the claim until he tried to apply for credit and was informed that a unpaid claim was on his credit report. My friend had to get a lawyer and threatened to sue Ajilon if the claim was not removed from his credit report. Ajilon finally relented and removed the claim because they knew the claim was unjustified, but it shows the untrustworthiness of the company. Steer clear of this dog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

In my eye Ajilon is a BS company, a front for something else other than a traditional recruiter or headhunter. I truly believe they take applications only to sell the info on some information market on line or something. On the phone they sound great, very encouraging, very authentic, into your needs & desires & willing to help. Once they have you come in & fill out the "application" their communication stops & they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Maybe they are a legitimate recruiting agency but they don't help "regular" out of work people. They may advertise they do & list comparable positions that are open but something tells me ultimately their just a wolf in sheeps clothing. Someone came on here obviously in their defense or maybe he/she even worked for Ajilon or one of those "like" competitors & explained, "Recruiters find employee's for their clients, not clients for employee's". Awesome answer so STOP advertising to the employee, advertise TO THE CLIENT ONLY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

If I had been Vale Vacc, I probably would have punched the guy in his face.

Running away from Ajilon in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

R Diaz in Polk City, Florida said: Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

You are absolutely correct. Ajilon in Atlanta does the same scam where they post a position, call you in and when you follow-up with the recruiter, they refused to call you back or tell you the position is gone. They did that too many times to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ran away also in Schaumburg, Illinois

52 months ago

Running away from Ajilon in Atlanta, Georgia said: You are absolutely correct. Ajilon in Atlanta does the same scam where they post a position, call you in and when you follow-up with the recruiter, they refused to call you back or tell you the position is gone. They did that too many times to me.

You are also absolutely correct. Ajilon in Deerfield, IL did the same thing that happened in Atlanta, GA. A position was posted, was ask to come in to fill out application. Had sent two emails for updates & only heard back once & now nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Claude Wright in Glen Burnie, Maryland

52 months ago

This is what I heard from a colleague. He worked for Ajilon and was taken ill while employed there. He had company insurance so he used it during his illness and was off from work for awhile. While he was off from work, Ajilon terminated him and got a judgement against him for the cost of the insurance for $5,000. He did not know about the judgement until he applied for credit and found the judgement on his credit report. He got a lawyer and had the judgement voided, but this show what a lowlife company Ajilon is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shai in Redwood City, California

51 months ago

I actually got a job with them at UCSF, and two other people I was working with were also employed through them. What you said may be true, but they can also help you get a job. Mine (ours) was a temp job, but it lasted indefinitely so until we wanted to leave. One of them actually worked there for about two years, through Ajilon the entire time.

Shai in Redwood City, California

51 months ago

Additionally it would be in the agency's best interests to provide low turnover. So if they get you a job they want you to keep it, and probably would not undermine you like that. It'd hurt their reputation too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

breezymoon in Portland, Oregon

48 months ago

I don't know who you're dealing with, but they placed me in a great government job, I've been working for them for a few months. They offered me another, equally good job before that, but I turned it down for another position. And, I have no college education... So it's not like I'm top of the rung. Personally, I have never had trouble being placed, if you're not getting positions, maybe you should consider some training, or an attitude adjustment. No recruiter is going to want to place a surly, or monotone person. I don't mean this to be offensive, I just have no idea why you'd bash a temp agency, for, as far as I can tell, doing their job. Even if they DO call your references and offer them jobs, who cares, if they're finding you, or others jobs?!?! The only thing your references can do, is accept, or tell them they're not looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

don.holzhauer@ajilon.com in Huntington Station, New York

46 months ago

Would you agree that a the benefit of going to a recruiter is that they have the market info and the relationships with the hiring contacts rather than going through the email hell of job postings? With that being the case, where do you think a recruiter's market information comes from? Yes, I agree that this recruiter may not be helping you directly by gathering market info from you. But think of it this way. That same, recruiter most likely asked the same questions to the person that they just interviewed earlier that morning or maybe someone that they interviewed a month ago. You might know where I am going with this, but I will spell it out for you if you have not figured it out.

You ever think that the information that they gathered from a candidate two weeks before you came in that will directly benefit you? Let me spell out an example for you: Lets say that they spoke with a person a week ago and they found out someone just left a firm because their manager wanted to upgrade the position to a Financial Analyst that has more experience. Well, that really sucks for that other person, but guess what, your skills might be a perfect fit for that role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GNF in Verona, New Jersey

45 months ago

The bottom line is that most agencies, Ajilon included, are just trying to get you in the door so they can build their database of money makers. Obviously recruiters exist to make money and that's what they're trying to do, but they go about it wrong. They absolutely put up listings on websites that either existed at one point, just not now, or are fictional entirely.

I once applied to a job listing on an agency site, not Ajilon, and was called in for an interview with the recruiter. I mentioned submitting my resume to the job I had seen and was told that yeah maybe, but I'd have to wait and see. That was absolutely a "teaser" listing because two years later it's still being listed the same exact way. Maybe it existed at one point, but not when I applied for it and not now either.

I went to Ajilon twice to two different branches. The second time I filled out all of the temp forms and looking back I was stupid because the recruiter copied my SS card and my driver's license. I should have said no and that she could get my info when a job was likely after I've interviewed for it and was offered it. Now they have all my info and who knows what they're doing with it really.

Why go through all of the trouble to get my info? For what? It scares me to think. After 2 weeks of light communication with her about jobs I had no experience for, I haven't heard from her in 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Ontario, California

40 months ago

Ajilon, Robert & Half, and Accounting & Finance Temps are all scams. Here is how they operate: They will get your resume from Career Builder or Monster.com. Then they will call your house or cell phone. They will tell you that there is a wonderful job that they want to talk to you about, and then they would want you to come down to the office within a couple of hours. Oh yea, then they will tell you to bring two forms of ID--it can either be a social security card, driver's license, passport, paycheck stub....(THIS SHOULD IMMEDIATELY RAISE RED FLAGS!!!!) Then you will tell you that the meeting will take at least two hours because you to take an exam on Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access.... When you show up to their office, you would probably have to wait for an hour because the representative that you have a meeting with is busy with another desperate sucker, who got sucked into their scam, or with their boss. Then she (the person at the front desk) will ask you if you brought your SSN or paycheck stub or driver's license or passport-- it is the first thing they ask you when you arrived. If you said yes, then she will give you some papers to fill out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

After filling out the papers, the person who you have a meeting with will still busy. While waiting for this person to get done, you begin to think about what has happen. You will ask yourself: Why did they ask for my SSN, Paycheck Stub and Driver's License? Why did I have to fill out these papers, which asked for my personal information? Why am I waiting for more than an hour if I had an appointment?...
When that person finally gets done, she/he will ask you to take a Microsoft Office examination, which usually last about an hour. They don't care if you have 12 to 15 years of experience using the software, you still have to take the exam. Once you get done with the test, you will go back to their office to talk. She/He will ask you if you filled out the papers that they gave you. Then you talk about you education....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

work experience, skills and what companies have you been applying to (which is the only information they want). Then you will ask her about that wonderful job that she told you about over the phone. She will answer that she will do her best to get you an interview with the company, but it will take some time. Finally she will say that she will do her best to find you a terrific that matches your experience, education and skills. Then you would probably ask her (I asked the same question) if this service is for free. She will say yes, because the companies that she has contacts with pay her a monthly fee. For example, company XYZ will pay her $150 a month to find them an employee. The more companies she has, the more money she gets!!! That is why they will ask you what companies you have been applying to!!! Or what companies have you had interviews with, especially the name of the person who you talked too. Before you leave the office, they will say that will work very hard for you and they will keep you inform on what is going on-- but they never do!!! After you leave, you will never hear from them again!!! They won't respond to your emails or phone calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

If you want to get a job, do it the old fashion way--by directly contacting the company. Get professionally dress, drive to their office and talk to them directly. I know it is tough, but it is the most effective way to get a job.

I am sorry for a lot of typos in my previous messages!!! I didn't have time to go back and correct them. However, I am sure you know what I mean.

Spooky in Ramona, California

36 months ago

ALL staffing agencies do the same thing: they post what sound like fantastic jobs with great salaries so they can gather a bunch of resumes and have a big pool of people to choose from when a client asks for particular skills. I used to work for OfficeTeam and had an assignment working in their office. When I asked them why they didn't send me on a great-sounding assignment they said there actually was no assignment; it was just a way to get more resumes. Ajilon is not the only staffing agency that does this. If you're going to blame one, blame them all. It's the nature of the beast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

orderlymom in Cleveland, Ohio

32 months ago

I was placed by Ajilon in a type of job that I couldn't stand. When I called them and told them that it was misrepresented. I had no computer, hardly no work to do, and they said if I didn't give a two weeks notice for a short-term assignment (6 weeks) that they wouldn't work with me anymore! I tried to stick it out. Then when I tried to do my timesheet they tried cheating me out of the last day's pay by blocking it out. This being roughly $80. I told them I'm not working for free, so they fixed it but didn't even email me to let me know it had been fixed. I still haven't gotten paid from them and I worked almost 2 weeks! If you are looking for accounting/finance/office jobs go to:

Accountemps/Office Team

They paid me quickly and were accurate on the assignment. They just can be a little lower paying than Ajilon at times. I also agree that they place bogus ads, which they say are already filled. Stay away from: Ajilon/Adecco (same company) and Area Temps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Indianapolis, Indiana

31 months ago

Yep. I had two bad jobs with Adecco. One, my rep failed to submit or send me for the drug test which I was ready to do day one so my contract was pulled by corporate. She then told her boss that I didn't show up for the drug test. I was never given the lab paperwork or where to even go. I asked her this, prior to getting the job - about when/where to report for the drug test (I don't do drugs, but I really needed a job). She made me look like the bad guy.

So I went with another temp agency. A joke (hell, they ALL are) but I was desperate for the job and I knew it paid well. I kept the assignment for 3 months till my Adecco rep called me and offered me a Full Time/Direct Hire position, a drop in pay but it's a few minutes from my home. I took the bait. They said room for advancement, bonuses every six months, vacation pay, etc. etc. Again, all lies - as I discovered after my advanced training. I ended up assisting the trainer for the advanced class. The passing "grade" was 85% for the test. I got 104%, the only one who surpassed 90% out of ten or so people. The trainer had me coach the people who didn't pass so they can re-take the test and pass.
The only person who didn't understand things, was the hiring boss's nephew. A complete dolt who didn't know how to use a computer or talk effectively to customers. He ended up asking "hey, what are the answers so I can just get out of here?" I told him to guess.

About two weeks after that, I reached out on Facebook to see if anyone knew of a good company hiring, bingo. I've been at a REAL company for the last month or so and getting the pay I deserve and doing what I love: Not talking to people on the phone! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

S DE LAMERENS in Jacksonville, Florida

29 months ago

I have worked with Ajilon and most of Robert Half for a looooong time. When I am interested in a job posting, I bluntly ask the account rep if the posing is what I call a "Cattle Call" or real. 80% are cattle calls the other 20% are real. Cattle Calls are when the agencies place fake job orders to get clients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

c in Lake Bluff, Illinois

28 months ago

SCAM. I read the warnings before I went in...they talked to me about some job I wasn't qualified for and they had NO IDEA what i was talking about when i asked about the job we spoke about on the phone two days before. they may have some real jobs, but don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

28 months ago

Twofold for the fake job postings:
- Increase their 'inventory' by adding new recruits to their database;
- Use the info you provided to contact the companies and managers for potential new clients and future job orders.

Over the years, many agency recruiters lost their jobs due to the popularity of L I N K E D I N; as companies rather pay a much lower fee for a large list of candidates generated according to specified criteria. The site also allows company's internal recruiters to contact candidates directly...

amanishakhete in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

I have applied to many jobs, sent emails and left phone messages to this agency and no response.

Claude Wright in Glen Burnie, Maryland

21 months ago

Ajilon has one of the worst reputations. I had an interview with them years ago and left with the impression that I had the job. I never heard from them again.

S DE LAMERENS in Charlotte, North Carolina

21 months ago

The called me in for a job order which their "client" never got back to them or they did not follow up properly.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.