Job Skeekers Be Careful of Ajilon Finance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

R.Diaz in Polk City, Florida

91 months ago

Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

William in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I agree they are snneky in that all they want you for are names so they can call them to see if they are a) hiring or b) interested in another opportunity which may or may not exist. They read off scripts and are snake oil salesman

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not all Recruiters are Bad! in Noblesville, Indiana

91 months ago

Yes, recruiters do talk to people about where they have interviewed. How do you think we find people jobs? We don't pull them out of our A&*. For those people that have been placed by recruiters this is most likely how they found the job in the first place. I personally do not call any company that my candidate is activly interiveiwing at but once they receive the rejection letter or decide it's not for them - of course I will call them. It maybe a perfect opportunity for someone else. I don't lie to my candidates about that either... most of my candidates are smart enough to relize that the other side of my job is "sales."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Royal Oak, Michigan

91 months ago

Adjilon is a joke. They called me to come for an 'interview', spent my time traveling to their office, spent about 2 hours of my time there, filled out all of their paperwork. I got one call from them after that - to ask me if I knew anyone else they could sign up.

Wouldn't waste my time with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyle, Sr. in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

Sorry to hear about all of the bad experiences. I've been placed twice by Ajilon, first as Controller, and most recently as CFO of a Fortune 400 company. Like all search consultants, they can only "find" you a job if the market is actively pursuing someone of your experiences and personality. Working with a consultant is NEVER an automatic guarantee-I'm not sure why the people above imply that the industry is as such. They are matchmakers, nothing more, nothing less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Vishi in Vienna, Virginia

90 months ago

I'm the CFO of a software company (200 million+) in Herndon. I was placed by a consultant at Ajilon. I've been on both ends of the search placement-both having a search conducted by them for a Controller and most recently they placed me. A friend in the search consulting field once told me how competitive the industry is (high risk, high reward) and how most likely the people badmouthing each other are direct competitors. I'm sure those with gripes are competitor consultants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Victim in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

88 months ago

I am not a competitor of Ajilon or Accountemps. But my experience with Ajilon has been HORRIBLE, the lady manager at the Southfied, Mi. office is rude, arrogant and just because your are looking for a job, she thinks you are nothing. I know several people that had the bad luck to deal with her and we all agree, NOT AJILON SOUTHFIELD MI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Alhambra, California

88 months ago

Agree with "Ajilon is a joke." I had similar experiences with Dan in Michigan. I felt really bad and blamed them for wasting my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne1 in Warren, Michigan

69 months ago

I applied for an Executive Assistant position online through Ajilon only to receive a phone call a couple of days later telling me that there was nothing available at the time, but they'd keep my resume on file. A couple of weeks later, I noticed an identical ad posted through Adecco. The contact's name, email and phone number were the same because Ajilon and Adecco are the same company. They just posted the same non-existent job but under Adecco instead of Ajilon. If they were a reputable company they would not be posting fake ads. There was also a 2002 date, in small print, at the bottom of the ad. When there are so many people looking for work, shame on companies like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne1 in Warren, Michigan

69 months ago

R.Diaz in Polk City, Florida said: Recruiters at Ajilon Finance and Accountemps are sneaky salesman trying to pick info off your resume for sales leads to make commission. Here's how it works:

They post bogus (teaser) ads for jobs that they don't have so that job seekers can apply to or call the agency. The agency then invites the unknowing candidate in to fill out an application. Little does the job seeker know that these seedy recruiters just want to use you to get the names and numbers of your past supervisors so that they can solicit their services. Once they got what they want- see ya!

Avoid recruiters and apply directly to companies! If you've been on some interviews or found a job on your own- don't tell them anything. Don't give them any sales leads. Don't give them SH*T.

A couple of weeks ago I applied for a job that Ajilon had posted. I received a call that week and was told that there was no position available but they'd keep my resume on file. Two weeks later I noticed an identical ad posted by Ajilon and stating the company name as Adecco. The pay was very good, all the better to get people to send in their resumes. The contact's name, email address and phone number were the same. Ajilon and Adecco are the same company. If they were reputable they would not be posting fake ads every couple of weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

SPS Employee in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Accountemps is known for posting "phantom" job ads. They have to make a 100 calls a week and see 20 candidate, and make 5 client visits. The model they use is a classic example of failure. That is why there is such a turn over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

SPS Employee in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Kyle, Sr. in Austin, Texas said: Sorry to hear about all of the bad experiences. I've been placed twice by Ajilon, first as Controller, and most recently as CFO of a Fortune 400 company. Like all search consultants, they can only "find" you a job if the market is actively pursuing someone of your experiences and personality. Working with a consultant is NEVER an automatic guarantee-I'm not sure why the people above imply that the industry is as such. They are matchmakers, nothing more, nothing less.

While I do agree with you, I also feel they should be a bit more honest about that. If they are unable to find you a position then they should tell you that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.