Just another piece of crap company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Debbie in Minneapolis, Minnesota

93 months ago

I agree. These placement agencies suck and INDEED should have a filter....Same crap everyday...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

93 months ago

Debbie said: I agree. These placement agencies suck and INDEED should have a filter....Same crap everyday...

Your wish has been granted. There is a feature in the advanced search options which "excludes staffing agencies". Just check that box and that search should be only for direct employers. Also on the left of the search results page there is a refine by option to exclude recruiters that you can do at any time. Just click on the employer option under Employer/Recruiter. I hope this makes you job search easier!

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Carmel, Indiana

93 months ago

It's probably not the staffing agency, it's probably you. Ever wonder why you're not working...it may be your poor interview skills, your lack of professionalism, your lack of experience, your bad references, or your poor attitude. People often like to think they're qualified when in all actuality they're not. Stop and think about that before you blame your unemployment on an agency. If you were that great - someone would have hired you perm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Olga in Austin, Texas

93 months ago

What a crappy reply Rebecca - do you work there maybe? I agree with the others that staffing agencies often take up a lot of your time (filling out forms, taking tests, interviewing) and offer little in return, especially if you don't fit into one of their categories, such as Admin Asst., etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Charlotte, North Carolina

93 months ago

Rebecca said: It's probably not the staffing agency, it's probably you. Ever wonder why you're not working...it may be your poor interview skills, your lack of professionalism, your lack of experience, your bad references, or your poor attitude. People often like to think they're qualified when in all actuality they're not. Stop and think about that before you blame your unemployment on an agency. If you were that great - someone would have hired you perm.

I'd be willing to bet that MANY who complain, here, about staffing agencies are sincere and DISGUSTED with their crappy ways AND they have more talent and experience than you'd earn in your lifetime. Problem is, you staffing agencies thing everyone is stupid and today, with the Internet and people talking like this, you're all exposed as the low-lives that you are.

I will be using that filter. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole

92 months ago

Rebecca in Carmel, Indiana said: It's probably not the staffing agency, it's probably you. Ever wonder why you're not working...it may be your poor interview skills, your lack of professionalism, your lack of experience, your bad references, or your poor attitude. People often like to think they're qualified when in all actuality they're not. Stop and think about that before you blame your unemployment on an agency. If you were that great - someone would have hired you perm.

What a negative reply Rebecca. Often when people say things like this about others, it's really how they feel about themselves.
I have had some success with temp/placement agencies, but not like I wish. I had recruiter at another agency tell me to watch out for Accountemps b/c it is to their advantage to keep me as a temp rather than find me a permanent jobs. They make more money that way. So some of these posts are legitimate concerns.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter-NY in East Elmhurst, New York

92 months ago

As with anything there are good recruiters and bad. The judge should be if the recruiter can get you on an interview and if they are upfront about the client they are working with. Just ask a couple of questions and you should be ok... Who are you working with? Have you placed anyone with your client before? When will you be able to set up an interview? If they shy away than you have dodged the bullet and keep networking. There are good groups out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Methuen, Massachusetts

91 months ago

As is the cas within any industry, there are good recruiters and there are bad recruiters. Unfortunately, there are more bad than good. However, having dealt with recruiters successfully over the past 20 years, I can honestly say that if you find a recruiter who knows the market and who you can trust, there can be no better resource for your career. Don't knock the industry...knock the individual recruiter and say something to their manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cecil in New Lexington, Ohio

91 months ago

Olga in Austin, Texas said: What a crappy reply Rebecca - do you work there maybe? I agree with the others that staffing agencies often take up a lot of your time (filling out forms, taking tests, interviewing) and offer little in return, especially if you don't fit into one of their categories, such as Admin Asst., etc.

And how much do you pay the firm for all this service you expect? Oh, you are asking for free help from an agency and you are surprised when they don't hand you your dream job on a silver platter. Look in the mirror.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Prince Thrash in Peterborough, Ontario

90 months ago

Nicole said:
I have had some success with temp/placement agencies, but not like I wish. I had recruiter at another agency tell me to watch out for Accountemps b/c it is to their advantage to keep me as a temp rather than find me a permanent jobs. They make more money that way. So some of these posts are legitimate concerns.

This says what is at the heart of the matter. It is an absolute vested interest of any placement agency to make sure that their employees do not succeed (and thereby get permanent jobs). Since the placement agency is the employer of the temp worker, we find ourselves in a despicable situation where the employee's lack of success is in their employer's favour. A temp agency grows fat off all the same things that mean death for a society -- lack of stable jobs. temp agencies funnel the jobs, they take a monopoly on as many jobs they can, and many of them create contracts to stand in the way of an employee finding long-term work with the company they are "temping" for. With REAL agents, the company pays the agent directly, and the employee gets a full wage. With these terrible, low-end neo-agents, it's more like H&R Block. The company "sells" the position to the temp agency, who takes the whole amount the employee makes, takes whatever is legally allowed, and pays the employee with the remains. Labour Ready is by far the most vile, since they almost always pay you minimum wage, no matter if the job pays $9 or $25. If you ask me, there needs to be laws concerning this. I'd prefer for some poor fellow with kids to be getting paid by a PERCENT of the $25, rather than just reducing them to the all-powerful standard of min wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Monterey Park, California

90 months ago

Olga in Austin, Texas said: What a crappy reply Rebecca - do you work there maybe? I agree with the others that staffing agencies often take up a lot of your time (filling out forms, taking tests, interviewing) and offer little in return, especially if you don't fit into one of their categories, such as Admin Asst., etc.

Even more so, a lot of their jobs are lost leaders so that they can build their data basis and they seldom do very extensive research on the employer, some that they send you to are real crap and crazy, it's no wonder they use the agencies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guy Haddix Kenilworth, NJ in Maplewood, New Jersey

90 months ago

Staffing Agencies are businesses. They are in the game to make money, that is the objective first and foremost. Some are "less than reputabgle" and you are just a number. Other treat you with respect, but you are still a number. Use tham judiciously because many of them get the information on open positions before anyone and cn be an opportunistic resource. But Rebecca I remind you that the staffing firm gets paid when they place me in a position. You are right that I may not fit the position i "ideally desire" but the agency must be upfront about this ant relate the facts. How many job seekers have waited up to two months to have the agency say that the position has been filled. And they only relate that when pressed.
It's life and you must adopt that reality paradeigm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deana (CINCINNATI, OHIO) in Middletown, Ohio

90 months ago

Rebecca in Carmel, Indiana said: It's probably not the staffing agency, it's probably you. Ever wonder why you're not working...it may be your poor interview skills, your lack of professionalism, your lack of experience, your bad references, or your poor attitude. People often like to think they're qualified when in all actuality they're not. Stop and think about that before you blame your unemployment on an agency. If you were that great - someone would have hired you perm.

Rebbecca THEN WHY ARE YOU LOOKING?????? YOU SOUND LIKE A THE ONE WITH THE POOR ATTITUDE!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Glen Burnie, Maryland

89 months ago

You have to remember that staffing agencies are just that. They only make a commission when they place someone. They are salesmen first and foremost. Don't think they have any more morals than any other salesman. Its' all about the Benjamins. So they are going to send as many resumes as they can to get that commission. Ask the recruiter how many resumes are they submitting for the position. Ajilon has a bad reputation around here, but so do most of the others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me, Just Me in Lake Mary, Florida

89 months ago

Doug Plucker in Elmhurst, New York said: Just another piece of crap company. I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

Use the minus sign in front of the Company name such as, -Aerotek, -Stink Resources. This will filter the little buggers out.

kevin in toronto in Ottawa, Ontario

89 months ago

LABOUR READY IS AN ANIMAL OF ITS OWN. MOST EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL FIND YOU WORK. MOST DONT PAY MUCH BUT YOU GET A FOOT THRU THE DOOR AT A COMPANY. LABOUR READY PAYS DAILY! THEY PROFIT OFF THE MOST DESPERATE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOWHERE TO TURN BECAUSE THE NEED MONEY NOW, NOT 2-3 WEEKS DOWN THE ROAD. MANY ARE ADDICTS AND DRUNKS THAT COULDN'T STRETCH OUT THE WEFARE CHEQUE THROUGH THE MONTH. LABOUR READY KNOWS THIS. THATS WHY INSTEAD OF CALLING YOU BY PHONE TO WORK YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP AT THERE OFFFICE TO MAKE SURE YOUR SOBER AND CLEAN. SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

susan smith in Cleveland, Ohio

88 months ago

These companies, especially Ajillon are crap companies. They just put fake ads in the paper and never have these positions. The people are about 20 years old, never have worked anywhere before, lie right through their teeth, you call and they don't even answer the phones. THEY SHOULD GET SUED ABOUT 1,000,000 TIMES FOR THE THINGS THEY DO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

let me tell you what happened to a friend of mine who worked for Ajilon. My friend went out on sick leave for a serious illness. While he was on leave, Ajilon fired him and then tried to put a legal judgement against him to recoup the medical premiums that they paid on his behalf while he was employed by the company. They filed a judgement on his credit records with the 3 credit reporting agencies. He discovered what they had done when he went to apply for a loan. He had to get a lawyer and sue Ajilon to get the judgement dismissed and removed from his credit score. What a piece of S**T company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C-P in Chandler, Arizona

87 months ago

I used Ajilon Finance in Phoenix and found them to be not only extremely professional but beyond helpful.

Maybe you guys just aren't talking to the right people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Ontario CA in Ontario, California

87 months ago

C-P in Chandler, Arizona said: I used Ajilon Finance in Phoenix and found them to be not only extremely professional but beyond helpful.

Maybe you guys just aren't talking to the right people?

If I talked to them, it would be a mitacle. The receptionsit sends you to voicemail and they never return calls. They solicit resumes, and never acknowledge receipt or ask any questions or qualify you. They ignore follow-up emails.

And before you say I'm not qualified, I am. I only respond to ads that I am qualified to fill, write "rifle-shot cover letters and still NOTHING. They don't even ask what I am making... Given I am a "more senior" executive, I suspect it is age discrimination by ignoring me. Their silence speaks volumes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

artie in New Brunswick, New Jersey

87 months ago

Wonderful-people are out of work and your blaming them
Just hope your never in similiar situation and in today's economy unless your Trump's daughter it COULD happen to you
Thanks for your compassion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Rebecca has, obviously, not seen the underbelly of these staffing agencies. Ajilon has one of the worst reputations. They are nothing more than a temp staffing agency no different than any other staffing agency that supplies temporary staffing. No place to expect a career. You only work for them in between permanent jobs. NEVER expect any more than that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Buckwheat in Washington, District of Columbia

81 months ago

Doug Plucker in Elmhurst, New York said: Just another piece of crap company. I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

I agree with your sentiment. However, Indeed does offer a way to avoid looking at Ajilon's postings. In the advanced search section simply put without Ajilon, etc.

Just trying to be helpful.

freddi in Sellersburg, Indiana

58 months ago

Yes, and who do you work for? No, I agree with the original poster. I applied for a job and a lady from ajilon emailed me, asking to call ASAP. I have called at least twice, and conveniently she is never there. But she emails me telling me the number I left does not work. Well, I just tried it and it does work. My antenna are going off bigtime. I'm not dealing with these people anymore. Whoever you do work for, Rebecca, I want no part of it. It's hard enough to be out there in this economy job hunting. No need to kick anyone when they're down.

freddi in Sellersburg, Indiana

58 months ago

Glad I found this forum. I was starting to get suspicious when I could never reach the lady and she said my number wasn't working. She just emailed and asked for another number. Is there someone we can file a complaint with if we do think it's a scam? I just emailed her back and said that no the number works fine, but thanks for confirming that it's a scam..:-) I'd like to report them though. Better Business Bureau?

Claude Wright in Glen Burnie, Maryland

58 months ago

Doug Plucker is correct in his assumption. The company has a long history of deception.

Claude Wright in Glen Burnie, Maryland

58 months ago

Freddie...you are right in what your gut is telling you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ginny Lee in San Diego, California

56 months ago

Perhaps you need to come on down to Southern California where unemployment is at 20% in many areas. MBA's cutting grass for a living. Highly qualified people sending out 100's of resumes with no response. On top of that California is the scam capitol of the world. With every job opportunity there is a fake job that is in actuality a pitch for training classes or they want you to work "free" or it is multi level marketing.

Show a tad of compassion for people who are truly hurting.

FINGUY in Ontario, California

56 months ago

Genny Lee, you are right on target.

Nearly 3 years ago I posted here and frankly nothing has changed with AJILON. Here's a short summary of the interactions with MULTIPLE Ajilon Offices here in the Greater LA area over the last 6 months.

In the hope that my issues were simply a local chemistry problem, I tried 4 other offices. The short story is, no responses to letters, emails, voicemail or telephone calls on hold forever. When I spoke to a recruiter that used to work for Robert Half and currently with AJILON about ads that were a rifle-shot fit, the response was "that position was filled months ago, I don't understand why it's still showing as open". This ad and several others ran every WEEK for several more months. Here's why.

The current trend among recruiters is to use candidates for lead generation with HIRING PRINCIPALS, not job seekers. They use the "I'm checking on references for..." and then cross-sell another candidate if there's an opportunity. If you are unemployed for any length of time, you aren't a good lead generator with this technique.

Several months ago, I accidentally penetrated the "veil" that surrounds the recruiters, and actually got one on the phone. Lo and behold, it was the lady with the multi-month filled position! when she first answered the phone, there was a delay in her responding, becuase there was a raucous Friday afternoon party going on, and she was shouting across the room. She denied any problem with the timeliness of the ad, and then indicated that I was being unprofessional and rude, and that she "didn't have to endure this". She hung up!

When I called back, the branch manager was "out", a big surprise. Instead of getting her, I later spoke to a regional manaager, or so he claimed. He was totally unsympathetic, and would hear none of it. I exhibited restraint during all of this, never uttering anything that could be remotely offensive or unprofessional.

Nothing has changed but today's date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

searching in Arlington Heights, Illinois

56 months ago

FINGUY in Ontario, California said: The short story is, no responses to letters, emails, voicemail or telephone calls on hold forever.

Same here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristine M in Scottsdale, Arizona

56 months ago

Having been on both sides of the staffing agency "desk" I can honestly say that this industry is the WORST. Sure, there are few good ones out there who manage to operate ethically and truly do match qualified candidates with solid career opportunities, but the rest will (hopefully) be eliminated as a result of the current economy.

I would highly recommend that no one give out "references" to ANY agency until you are close to offer stage, if you are so lucky. They will definitely use these "contacts" as a sales tool and will pursue them as potential clients and candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Financial Investigator in Birmingham, Alabama

51 months ago

Robert Half blacklists with other agencies. Any loop hole for blacklisting is blacklisted even if it can be proven or not. I am NOT talking about doing a bad job and getting a bad report. I am talking about doing at least an average job or great job and blacklisting with recruiters in the area. This has happen to me because of a personal conflict (not professional) with a recruiter. I can not get any local agencies to respond to emails or calls after the conflict started, but out-of-state agencies contact me at least once a month when local agencies will not even contact me once a year. The biggest red flag is that the local office's story CHANGES which has no contact now. I have reported this to the FBI and US Department of Labor, but have no response. Needless to say, I reported this to corporate and got one shady turn of events with a job application and FILLED OUT NEW PAPER WORK that I should have known better to sign. After that, no reponse from corporate even with all the evidence collected with expert level investigation anaysis involved. I have contacted them many times. I have been told constantly from RETURNING out-of-state agencies and professional acquaintances that this does not make any sense and this includes anti-fraud professionals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.