How to get a job at Allergan.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Allergan? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Information Seeker in CancĂșn, Mexico

39 months ago

This is a very timely question. I too want to know how to get a job at Allergan. I don't mind starting at the bottom and work my way move up.

I do have a very interesting story about job interview and hiring process at Allergan. Many years ago when I just finished my undergraduate study, I was looking for a job before starting graduate/professional school. I was looking for a job for 1-2 years off. I submitted my resume and got invited for an interview for an research technician. That job title is very usual for someone who has a BS in biology. I did not hear from them for a long time. Two years later, out of the blue, I got a call from them and they asked if I want to work for me. By then, I had already started my professional study. Now that I have a Pharm.D. I really want to work for them. They do have many Pharm.Ds on their work force. Even though many of their job opening open to Pharm.Ds but also require other pharmaceutical industry experience. Basically, I cannot break in.

Anyone have any tips? Suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

researchdiva in Middletown, Delaware

3 months ago

Information Seeker in Cancún, Mexico said: This is a very timely question. I too want to know how to get a job at Allergan. I don't mind starting at the bottom and work my way move up.

I do have a very interesting story about job interview and hiring process at Allergan. Many years ago when I just finished my undergraduate study, I was looking for a job before starting graduate/professional school. I was looking for a job for 1-2 years off. I submitted my resume and got invited for an interview for an research technician. That job title is very usual for someone who has a BS in biology . I did not hear from them for a long time. Two years later, out of the blue, I got a call from them and they asked if I want to work for me. By then, I had already started my professional study. Now that I have a Pharm.D. I really want to work for them. They do have many Pharm.Ds on their work force. Even though many of their job opening open to Pharm.Ds but also require other pharmaceutical industry experience. Basically, I cannot break in.

Anyone have any tips? Suggestions?

Well if you are serous about starting at the bottom, and you realy are a PharmD ( NOT from a foreigh School) you ned to go to contract companies such as PDI, InVentive they sometimes have good contracts for a year or so with GSK or some other big pharma, if you're lucky you get a two year contract making 50K working you a...off ones you pay your does and you gotten some expirience under your belt then maybe just maybe Alergan would be interested you're competing with peolple that have the hole packeg. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.