Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Concerned in Birmingham, Alabama

88 months ago

I would say think twice before you apply. The company needs to work out some internal issues first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

BRAVO!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE SMART STAY AWAY FROM ALLIED BARTON!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

Concerned in Birmingham, Alabama said: I would say think twice before you apply. The company needs to work out some internal issues first.

SOME INTERNAL ISSUES!!!!!! THEY HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THEN THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE!!!!

THEY NEED TO STOP FINDING LAZY BUMS FROM JOB FAIRS AND START HIRING EXPERIENCED PEOPLE!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mistreated

85 months ago

What do you expect for ten bucks an hour third shift?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Snotjello in Missouri

74 months ago

It's pretty obvious Allied doesn't respect their employees. I've never worked for such a disdainful company. Account Managers are rude and arrogant, and this is consistent enough to suggest company policy.

Well, here are some facts: I'm more educated and more professional than any Allied Barton account manager that I've encountered, including my current one. I have this job not because I aspired to be a "professional security officer", but because bad luck and unfortunate circumstances made it necessary.

I just had to call in sick for tonight's shift (I've only done that once before in a year of employment, and both times I called in at least 5 hours before time to clock in.); I was met with impatience and hostility. I won't tolerate that from this man much longer. He's got no reason to treat me like that. His perceived power comes from title, title from a job most people just wouldn't want, not from any sort of impressive achievement.

But this is the average story from Allied Barton guards about their account managers and the company as a whole. They're unfriendly and truly attempt to make you feel like dirt. Don't work for them if you have a choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Snotjello in Saint Louis, Missouri

74 months ago

Snotjello in Missouri said: I just had to call in sick for tonight's shift...

OK, that wasn't exactly the most effective illustration, but I was sick when I typed it. Regardless, Allied Barton has a reputation for treating their employees like dirt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Snotjello in Saint Louis, Missouri

74 months ago

Snotjello in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Regardless, Allied Barton has a reputation for treating their employees like dirt.

That they do. As an employee...not forever, hopefully...I hear it pretty much across the board. Their attitude toward their employees is one of condescension and belittlement bordering on volatility. And the most often heard response to any attempt at contact is, "I don't want to hear about it. Don't call me." They have this sophisticated network of buck passing that makes it nearly impossible to voice any concerns, and when you do get hold of the "right" person, they seem more or less aggravated that you managed to reach them.

Their account managers are obnoxious morons whose only leadership skill...if you can call it that...is intimidation, causing employees to develop resentment and disregard, rather than a desire to achieve and impress.

Avoid Allied Barton unless you have no choice. Even then, find a choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pito loco in Merrillville, Indiana

72 months ago

This company is a joke........managers are what they are and behave the way they all do because they overworked and underpaid like all employees with allied barton, an yes they are cocky and ridiculusly fat and clumsy and still with aims to be someone in this dead end mercenary company. I currently work for them momentarily i hope......and out of 300+ employees in the NW Indiana region I know for a fact that only 7 to 8 % have been with the company for more than 2 years the rest are new hires......they have an excessively dramatic turn over.....people come and go on the daily basis. As long as having a little respect......forget about it, you wont see it but from maybe 1 or 2 people.......no benefits, no medical, no 401k or investment plan or even share holding stock, no vacation, no personal days, no raises, can't request days off.......in short...no incentive or reason for anyone to last more than it can take you to find something else. eso es too, eso es too eso es todo amigos!..(Tha tha tha tha tha tha tha tha that's all folks!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tim927 in Hudson, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Ha, I got a job at Allied. They told me how many opportunities there were. So far, I have no set schedule, no set shift, and they change the schedule every few days. I have made plans then been told my hours have been changed and I "have to come in." Also, the corperate office messed up my gov't. clearance paper work so I missed out on 32 hours of paper work. The manager called and appologized and stated that Allied corperate admitted to the mistake, but they will not reimburss me, not one dime. I took this job, and pay cut, so I could work first shift closer to home with my new family. I am now wokring "in the interm" 28.89miles from home working mainly 3p-11p or 7a-7p. Stay away, stay away!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Riverside, California

64 months ago

Tip of the iceberg, my friend. They are also nortious for short-changing you for OT and holiday pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Conway, South Carolina

13 months ago

testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Conway, South Carolina

13 months ago

testing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

8th man in Conway, South Carolina

13 months ago

Good job people. You have told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about this dysfunctional company. I have worked for many contract security companies in the Silicon Valley in Soviet California. And one is just as bad as the other. They are all a bunch fake phony creatures that run things. The management is a bunch of tyrannical two legged reptiles, that couldn't make it as cops. The real criminals are the bosses. I call these class clowns "guard bossors." They all belong in prison, along with the other violent inmates. I have seen some of the guard bossors get violent. I reported them, but they retaliated. All of these contract security companies should be abolished. Allied-Barton in the past, has undergone class-action lawsuits. And they deserve it. The management is run by a bunch of white collar criminals. What needs to be done is all of these contract security companies, need to be exposed as much as possible, as often as possible, in the main stream media. Turn-out the perpetrators, so all can see, who’s behind the criminal activity. Put them all on trial. Folks I have experience the same cow manure you have with this company, and others as well. If I owned a business, and needed to have security, I wouldn’t call on these contract security companies. I just call on some individuals, to be independent contractors, with guard cards, and then the interaction, would be just the regular guards and me. No middle bunch of losers like these tramps. They cannot be trusted. They screen out people, for one reason only. To see who they trample on and get away with it. Allied-Barton, you need to belly-up today. In fact all contract security companies need to belly-up. This is just the typical failure of what outsourcing does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida said: SOME INTERNAL ISSUES!!!!!! THEY HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THEN THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE!!!!

THEY NEED TO STOP FINDING LAZY BUMS FROM JOB FAIRS AND START HIRING EXPERIENCED PEOPLE!!!!!

That's just it. Experinced. people are too dangerous. Lazy bums don't make waves. They make better yes men /women. It's not about security, it's about profit. Even if it's dirty money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

tim927 in Hudson, New Hampshire said: Ha, I got a job at Allied. They told me how many opportunities there were. So far, I have no set schedule, no set shift, and they change the schedule every few days. I have made plans then been told my hours have been changed and I "have to come in." Also, the corperate office messed up my gov't. clearance paper work so I missed out on 32 hours of paper work. The manager called and appologized and stated that Allied corperate admitted to the mistake, but they will not reimburss me, not one dime. I took this job, and pay cut, so I could work first shift closer to home with my new family. I am now wokring "in the interm" 28.89miles from home working mainly 3p-11p or 7a-7p. Stay away, stay away!!!

I wish you all the best, in finding another job. Most bosses are punks. But guard bossors pukes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Snotjello in Saint Louis, Missouri said: OK, that wasn't exactly the most effective illustration, but I was sick when I typed it. Regardless, Allied Barton has a reputation for treating their employees like dirt.

No problem. In fact that was more of a complement compared to what these guard bossors deserves.

13 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida said: BRAVO!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE SMART STAY AWAY FROM ALLIED BARTON!!!!!!!

YEAH. But the ones that took their pictures, and posted it on this site are complete fools.

13 months ago

Also, find a night time talk show, on radio, and voice your ills with this company.

13 months ago

Beware. Some of the guards you work with are just as bad as the Guard Bossors. Especially when some of them are FINKS. Tell lies to the Guard Bossors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Interesting how the gold bricks ,and the panty wastes, get treated better than the quality officers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dymphna in Land of Tea, Mexico

2 months ago

" Interesting how the gold bricks ,and the panty wastes, get treated better than the quality officers."

"That's just it. Experienced. people are too dangerous. Lazy bums don't make waves."

Exactly right 8th man! Not only that they don't care about either their employees or their clients...the only thing they are interested in is getting the contract. Once they get it they could care less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.