Transportation security auth ( TSA ) IS THIS TRUE ( theywant part time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

BOB M in Can, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Is
Cobra X-Ray is Snake in the Grass?
Over a year ago while I was still working for TSA, I couldn’t get to sleep, so I stayed up and surfed through the channels. Nothing much on! Then I hit a station that grabbed my attention. Not even sure what the name of the program was, but it had a semi-BIG WIG from TSA. I had just caught the ending, but I was surprised about some of his final comments.

If I recall, the gentleman said that when the new technology was in place and "everyone necessary" was trained that there would be a reduction in personnel by about fifty percent on the checkpoints throughout the US. He said that the contracts were agreed to and that they would be putting the first few machines in at various “trial airports” to get officers use to the machines before the full installation began.

He then commented that sometimes after that, more technology would be added and then there would be a further reduction in personnel by about twenty-five percent on the checkpoints across the United States.

The next working day, I asked the Security Managers if they had seen the program. No one responded. After everyone had left the office but one manager he told me he had seen the whole program. He couldn't sleep that night either. He commented, “No wonder we are being pressed to hire part-timers. “Get rid of those who have been here and hire those you can easily get rid of, or turn your full-time into to part time and then get rid of them later down the road”.

Why can’t TSA be h

As the number of TSA officers in airport security shrink at airports,this means security shrinks.

No machine can take the place
of trained

Over a year ago while I was still working for TSA,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BOB M in Can, Massachusetts

81 months ago

BOB M in Can, Massachusetts said: Is
Over a year ago while I was still working for TSA, I couldn’t get to sleep, so I stayed up and surfed through the channels. Nothing much on! Then I hit a station that grabbed my attention. Not even sure what the name of the program was, but it had a semi-BIG WIG from TSA. I had just caught the ending, but I was surprised about some of his final comments.

If I recall, the gentleman said that when the new technology was in place and "everyone necessary" was trained that there would be a reduction in personnel by about fifty percent on the checkpoints throughout the US. He said that the contracts were agreed to and that they would be putting the first few machines in at various “trial airports” to get officers use to the machines before the full installation began.

He then commented that sometimes after that, more technology would be added and then there would be a further reduction in personnel by about twenty-five percent on the checkpoints across the United States.

The next working day, I asked the Security Managers if they had seen the program. No one responded. After everyone had left the office but one manager he told me he had seen the whole program. He couldn't sleep that night either. He commented, “No wonder we are being pressed to hire part-timers. “Get rid of those who have been here and hire those you can easily get rid of, or turn your full-time into to part time and then get rid of them later down the road”.

Why can’t TSA be h

As the number of TSA officers in airport security shrink at airports,this means security shrinks.

No machine can take the place
of trained

Over a year ago while I was still working for TSA,

I WANT TO TELL EVERYONE I SAW THIS ON LINE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.