How to get a job at AlliedBarton Security Services.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at AlliedBarton Security Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Kenneth Touchette in Lavon, Texas

88 months ago

Host said: Do you work at AlliedBarton Security Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

How do I get an interview with AlliedBarton Security services. I am a veteran of the USMC and have just recently lost my job. I am 65 years old but I still need to work to earn at least $18K to $20K a year to supplement my SS income that willstart in August.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Kenneth Touchette in Lavon, Texas

88 months ago

NO I can't report any abuse, I just need help in finding a usefull employment, to be a part of my community and supplement my income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

timothy bugg in Columbia, South Carolina

88 months ago

Host said: Do you work at AlliedBarton Security Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?[/QUOTe how do i get the frist interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

stanley shack in Great Neck, New York

87 months ago

retired nypd sgt.presently employed as federal police officer.armed,ivestigator,body guard,P.I.securitysupervisor.b.s. &m.a. fron john jay college of criminal justice went through college on th Viet-nam G.I. Bill. Us Army 2 year actice duty.worked for the rothchild family, extensive experiencein patrol, fire, building security, body guard, P.I.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Still Looking in Irving, Texas

87 months ago

Kenneth Touchette in Lavon, Texas said: How do I get an interview with AlliedBarton Security services. I am a veteran of the USMC and have just recently lost my job. I am 65 years old but I still need to work to earn at least $18K to $20K a year to supplement my SS income that willstart in August.

Well sir, I too am a previous federal employee, I was offered 9.50/hr for a mix type shift schedule. Would that be enough to supplement your income? It wasn't enough for me, my bills exceed that, not to mention gas prices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wendell in Benton, Tennessee

87 months ago

I have all kinds of security experience and have applied to allied barton security and they have never even acknowledged my app clean background have state security license and never been arrested. x law enforcenent but no call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Maria

87 months ago

This company is a waste of time!!

I have had a hell of a week for nothing, they tell you one thing and the next day it's something ells. and they seem to find it hard to pick the phone up, how do they keep in business!!
I am worth MORE & so are you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

I hear you all are worth more, but Allied Barton it seems, got all of these contracts by cutting the competition at the knees when bidding for the jobs and now are paying for it becuase they can't pay enough in wages to hire anyone decent. I didn't even interview with them because of the pay and the hours. I am content where I am at because I will be able to work Personal Protection Officer jobs when able and supplement the gaurd wages that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Richlands, North Carolina

85 months ago

stanley shack in Great Neck, New York said: retired nypd sgt.presently employed as federal police officer.armed,ivestigator,body guard,P.I.securitysupervisor.b.s. &m.a. fron john jay college of criminal justice went through college on th Viet-nam G.I. Bill. Us Army 2 year actice duty.worked for the rothchild family, extensive experiencein patrol, fire, building security, body guard, P.I.

I agree with Jesse. All I see are your qualifications - are you asking for something? With all those qualifications, put together a resume and post it to some on-line job boards! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Sion in Auburn, New Hampshire

85 months ago

I use to work for Control Security ( former contracted security for many SIMON malls). How does AlliedBarton compare to Control Security. From what I have read on here it does not look too good(GRIN).
Thanks,
Dana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stanley shack in Great Neck, New York

85 months ago

I am looking for security work in the new york vicwenity area. retire sgt n.yp.d., veteran. and presently employed as a federal police . i have a security c learnce. willing to work all day saturday and sunday

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I am currently employed with Allied Barton. Its a job so I can't complain. I work Fri-Sun 3pm-11pm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha Starr in Jonesboro, Georgia

85 months ago

How can I go by doing a application on line. My on line email address is starrtasha@yahoo.com.I have at least three years of experiment in security,I'm also doing security at this time at the airport.So please give me a try.I need something better that is paying more and good benefit that covers my family and I.I also need a job that will work with my husband schudel which his schudel is 3:30pm-11:45pm. So I need something like 3:30am-12:00pm.I'm a very hard worker and catch on very quick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Sacramento, California

85 months ago

Hi Tasha,

You should try another company because this one really is a waste of time, They told me I had a swing shift job,
I did the online Application had the interview did the drug test and cleared the background check,
and after a week of all this they told me they only had a grave shift and it was temp for the Harry potter books.
I turned down another good job thinking I had this one because thats what they said.

It made things even worse for me, they lead you to think one thing and it is not the case.
I really hope you find what you are looking for, it sounds to me that you can do better then Allied Barton.
GOOD LUCK HUN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ARTHUR ARRUDA in Swansea, Massachusetts

84 months ago

ON THE INTERNET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Hayward, California

84 months ago

AlliedBarton has a website that you can apply on www.greatsecurityjobs.com . The best way to get into the company is to physically come into their office and fill out the application there. They try to do same day interviews.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott

84 months ago

I applied to Allied Barton in NY now I have been in security since I was 18 I am also a certified EMT and have other training. I applied online for a supervisor position and got a call for an interview. I went to it fully expecting to be interviewed for the position I applied for. I got there and was told I do not have enough experience to be a supervisor so I was offered a regular security officer position.I was about to accpet it when I saw who my supervisor would be ( My interview took place in a room that acted as the break room/security office.)In walked in a sloppy looking man who looked like he just woke up from a nap and had more of his lunch on his shirt than in his stomach. I declined the job and would never think of applying again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida

84 months ago

TO ALL- ALLIED BARTON IS OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO OWN REVLON-------

IF YOU WEAR MAKE-UP TO LOOK BETTER THEN WHY DON'T THE ALLIED BARTON MANAGERS WEAR SOME TO HIDE THEIR FACES WHEN YOU ASK FOR A RAISE?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

YEAH!!!! STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I have been working for Allied for 5yrs since they bought out the company I was working for previously. I dont like the fact that you have to go to another site that pays more in order to get more money. I heard that certain sites do give u raises after a year depending on where they have you at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have been working for Allied for 5yrs since they bought out the company I was working for previously. I dont like the fact that you have to go to another site that pays more in order to get more money. I heard that certain sites do give u raises after a year depending on where they have you at?

YOUR'E RIGHT!!!!! SINCE YOU LIVE IN PENNSY YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR WINDOWS CLOSED FROM ALL THE B.S. THAT COMES OUT OF KING OF PRUSSIA!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

My Site Supervisor is a liar that I know for a fact! I don't know much about whats going on in King of Prussia,could you elaborate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: My Site Supervisor is a liar that I know for a fact! I don't know much about whats going on in King of Prussia,could you elaborate?

KING OF PRUSSIA IS WHERE THE MAIN OFFICE IS LOCATED----- THAT'S WHERE THEY HAVE A SPECIAL LINE SET UP FOR CLIENTS ONLY!
IF A CLIENT COMPLAINS, THEN THEY ACT IMMEDIATELY!, IF EMPLOYEES COMPLAIN, THEN ITS
TOUGH S--T!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have been working for Allied for 5yrs since they bought out the company I was working for previously. I dont like the fact that you have to go to another site that pays more in order to get more money. I heard that certain sites do give u raises after a year depending on where they have you at?

YES, I TO REMEMBER THE DAYS OF BARTON PROTECTIVE SERVICES, WHEN YOU WERE TREATED A HELL OF A LOT BETTER (IN SOME STANDARDS) BUT, OLD BARTON RICE HAD TO SCREAM "help"!!!!
and went to the worst possible source to get help!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

84 months ago

go to www.covenantsecurity.com

I am a manager with them and this company is great! I have interacted with some allied personnel, and wow....thats all i can say.....I had one of my employees tell me that is has been over a year and they have yet to return his deposit for his uniforms...STAY AWAY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

angelsaramark in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

Anyone know anything about the AlliedBarton Safety Job in Dallas? I talked with a nice lady about it; but she said it was closed at the time I applied and she just wanted to notify me. Now it's open again. I talked with a guy at the local ASSE about it, he applied for it and said he just "laughed in their faces" and left. He wouldn't tell me why. Now the job is open again. He did say it was a position over 125 or so people, which is always a major challenge to a safety person because the client is always complaining about something; and of course they can't be wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

casey jones in camby, Indiana

83 months ago

I've been working for AlliedBarton for six months or so, and while it's not the greatest pay in the world it is definitely right around the same as everywhere else. I've worked for loads of security companies, including U.S. Security, Securitas, Pinkerton (before it BECAME Securitas), etc., etc., and they're all about the same as far as pay goes. You average about $10 an hour in security work, I don't see what the problem is. The guy who was complaining that they were offering him peanuts - what the hell did you expect them to pay you for sitting around reading a book, for crying out loud? You're not fixing jet engines or performing neurosurgery here. Give me a break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Is there anyone here who's tired of doing Security? I have been doing it for 6yrs now and I am tired of doing it,but it such an easy job at times. I get tired of seeing people kissing up to the clients and by Thanksgiving you will see a lot of people doing it because its near the Christmas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

carol harrington in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

I feel that all security guards are underpaid. security should make way up the ladder for the way they risk their life. but they are one of the lowest it is why? I have asked my self that question for years. it is A shame how they are allowed to treat people acording to how they feel about the person there are some guards doing the same job but getting differen't pay. I witness this at securitas. I applied for Allied Barton and they acted happy to give me A interview even asked me how much pay I would accept I told them at least ten dollars they said it was fine until I got there and they realized that I Wasn't white all of A certain they did not have what I wanted I was asking far to much. it is A shame that somebody want stop these old crooked places from taking advantage of poor people like us that just need to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

casey jones in camby, Indiana said: I've been working for AlliedBarton for six months or so, and while it's not the greatest pay in the world it is definitely right around the same as everywhere else. I've worked for loads of security companies, including U.S. Security, Securitas, Pinkerton (before it BECAME Securitas), etc., etc., and they're all about the same as far as pay goes. You average about $10 an hour in security work, I don't see what the problem is. The guy who was complaining that they were offering him peanuts - what the hell did you expect them to pay you for sitting around reading a book, for crying out loud? You're not fixing jet engines or performing neurosurgery here. Give me a break.

BUT HE IS RISKING HIS LIFE AND THAT IS DANGEROUS THAN FIXING ANY PLANE TRAINS OR AUTOMOBILES. EVERYBODY DO NOT SIT AROUND AND READ A BOOK IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE IT HARD FOR EVERYBODY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Is there anyone here who's tired of doing Security? I have been doing it for 6yrs now and I am tired of doing it,but it such an easy job at times. I get tired of seeing people kissing up to the clients and by Thanksgiving you will see a lot of people doing it because its near the Christmas.

Believe me I got tired of security A long time ago but there is something A lot worst then security it is manufacturing they are really bad and talk about not caring about their workers they don'tat all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

What do people think of this lousy staff management this one really stinks they are cruel to their workers and under pay them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Reading a book? I have seen people get so comfortable where they bring their video game system and tv in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

That is A crying shame but there are other one of us that take our job serious those people should be penalized but not the hard workers that gives their life blood for their job like I did for securitas and just got treated as if I was A sub human. when working the night shift if some people that are in school that bring their book to work to study I am not saying that is is right but it is understandable. when I worked for securitas they did not allow us to read nor do anything else they were tyrannical Adolp HITLER had nothing on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I do know of a security company here where i think the pay was 6.75 an hr and I was in shock when the person told me thats what they made. The person was in a supermarket.

80 months ago

Oh my God that is just horrible!!! how can A person live on that type of money? we can't make it with 10 dollar an hour unless somebody else is working in the home. that is what I mean these companies should be mad eot pay A living wage they know that it would be hard for them to exist off of that minischule amount. something need to be done personally I know that all guards should be paid at least 12.00 an hour to start with. some of them are doing almost the same work as the police.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jesse Jefferson in Columbia, South Carolina

80 months ago

Living Wage: Every state is mandated to compile statics on wages for all occupations, security is no exception. Thus, everyone in a position to increase wages for security personnel are well aware of the fact that the wages are far below what is required to provide a living wage.
How do you fix the problem? Many security officers will change security companies for a twenty five cent per hour wage increase; On the other hand, many security companies contracts are terminated simply because the security manager did their job by simply requesting an annual cost of living wage increase for their employees; Subsequently, businesses that require security services generally place security an the bottom of the list when they forcast a budget which generally require them to go to a cheaper security company when their current provider request a wage increase, or eleminate security and pass the responsibility to the janitor or the maintenance person.
The problems listed above has created a "Revolving Door Concept" accross the security industry in general which has resulted in what may be referred to as a "Tripple Whammy", meaning everyone looses.
The security officer looses by jumping from one company to another chasing a carrot on a stick and never establishing loyalty and tenure with a security company. Any security manager worth a grain of salt will ensure that their most loyal and tenured employees get the best wages they can offer.
The security company looses when they can not retain quality officers. High turnover is the norm for the security industry, thus security managers are faced with resuffeling resources (paying less)to compensate for the loss of direct expenses required to recruit, hire, train, and equipt a new officer, not to mention the number one killer of a security companies overall profibality (payment of overtime).
Businesses loose by hiring cheaper security companies.They get what they pay for ($6.00 wage = $6.00 officer).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

The security company can't retain quality officer is because they don't no how to treat their good officer most of these companies treat us like crap! most manager don't care they fall in line with the same type of abuse instead of helping the officer they join the crown and get in with the big bosses persecuting their officer until they leave it is not for 25 cent more it is to be treated like A HUMAN BEING. the security officer jump from company to company trying to find A place that they can stay one that is half way good. why should we be expected to live on A small amount when they can't we are all equal. there would never be A reason for turnover if we were paid what we should be in the first place then the officer would give their blood sweat and everything else that they possess to stay there and do the best job to their ability. but let's face it these security companies are Inept and we are the one that pay for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mat546 in Galloway, Ohio

22 months ago

I went on an interview with the Columbus, ohio location. I was not impressed with the people at Allied Barton. My interviewer walked out of the interview 3 times and then a person delivering her food walked right in during the interview. The job was walking all night outside, no breaks (which is a US labor law violation) and you were required to get the clients mail and plunge the tiolets if they were stopped up. 2 days training. I should have walked out after I heard there were no breaks. They didn't want a security guard, they wanted a handyman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Break? Walking around all night is nothing but a break. Even a mule has sense enought to get out of the rain. Oh, almost forgot, " what are the odds of a toilet stopping up on any given night?" I'm sure the client has an on call maintenance person that will respond to an emergency providing the guard is awake and make the call.

OWL in New York, New York

20 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida said: KING OF PRUSSIA IS WHERE THE MAIN OFFICE IS LOCATED----- THAT'S WHERE THEY HAVE A SPECIAL LINE SET UP FOR CLIENTS ONLY!
IF A CLIENT COMPLAINS, THEN THEY ACT IMMEDIATELY!, IF EMPLOYEES COMPLAIN, THEN ITS
TOUGH S--T!!!!!

One Of the thing a have learned in security services is the CLIENT is ALWAYS RIGHT, even when the may be wrong at times.

OWL in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

ANONYMOUS in Jacksonville, Florida said: KING OF PRUSSIA IS WHERE THE MAIN OFFICE IS LOCATED----- THAT'S WHERE THEY HAVE A SPECIAL LINE SET UP FOR CLIENTS ONLY!
TOUGH S--T!!!!!

Now the main office is in Conshohocken, PA

20 months ago

carol harrington in Chicago, Illinois said: The security company can't retain quality officer is because they don't no how to treat their good officer most of these companies treat us like crap! most manager don't care they fall in line with the same type of abuse instead of helping the officer they join the crown and get in with the big bosses persecuting their officer until they leave it is not for 25 cent more it is to be treated like A HUMAN BEING. the security officer jump from company to company trying to find A place that they can stay one that is half way good. why should we be expected to live on A small amount when they can't we are all equal. there would never be A reason for turnover if we were paid what we should be in the first place then the officer would give their blood sweat and everything else that they possess to stay there and do the best job to their ability. but let's face it these security companies are Inept and we are the one that pay for it.

They what you to be GREAT, but when you need them to be GREAT they play a chess game with you.

20 months ago

Scott said: I applied to Allied Barton in NY now I have been in security since I was 18 I am also a certified EMT and have other training. I applied online for a supervisor position and got a call for an interview. I went to it fully expecting to be interviewed for the position I applied for. I got there and was told I do not have enough experience to be a supervisor so I was offered a regular security officer position.I was about to accept it when I saw who my supervisor would be ( My interview took place in a room that acted as the break room/security office.)In walked in a sloppy looking man who looked like he just woke up from a nap and had more of his lunch on his shirt than in his stomach. I declined the job and would never think of applying again

So much for the professional appearance Allied Barton(GREAT) wants all personnel to have. They don't want to pay you what your worth, and they already have their pick of supervision. I've been to their midtown NYC office. Most of the people their hiring are very young with no experience, trying to do welfare to work, or some other program. I think the philosophy with some employers today is, if they can't get something for (tax credits) hiring you. There won't be any hiring you!

20 months ago

Kenneth Touchette in Lavon, Texas said: How do I get an interview with AlliedBarton Security services. I am a veteran of the USMC and have just recently lost my job. I am 65 years old but I still need to work to earn at least $18K to $20K a year to supplement my SS income that willstart in August.

Kenneth, check out the yellow pages or go online and find the security company closest to you. Take a copy of your resume and DD Form 214 with you to the company of your choosing and have a seat in the lobby. Garenteed interview within fifteen minutes.
Normally I would charge a fifty dollar fee for my consultation services but Jar Heads get free service. Good luck and if you need further assistance, stop by and see your vet rep at your local job services office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dennisdurling in Trenton, New Jersey

16 months ago

my email address is dennis.durling@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dennisdurling in Trenton, New Jersey

16 months ago

Dear Sir

i HAVE FILED AN APPLICATION ON-LINE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF AND WHEN I WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS dennis.ddurling@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jmet899 in Arizona

6 months ago

stanley shack in Great Neck, New York said: retired nypd sgt.presently employed as federal police officer.armed,ivestigator,body guard,P.I.securitysupervisor.b.s. &m.a. fron john jay college of criminal justice went through college on th Viet-nam G.I. Bill. Us Army 2 year actice duty.worked for the rothchild family, extensive experiencein patrol, fire , building security, body guard, P.I.

What type of pre employment drug screen does allied barton use. Do they watch you pee for drug screen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jmet899 in Arizona

6 months ago

Anybody know if allied barton watches people urinate for pre employment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.