Allstate Insurance News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Allstate Insurance stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

ex allstate of 20yrs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

allstate's rates are terrible. I was losing more people than I was writing. Allstate agents are quiting all over the country and also getting fired. All Allstate wants is life ins and money in Cd's they have beome a rotten company I can't stand them. They are hiring agents all over the place and these new agents can not make it. The morale among the agents is terrible. 15, 20, 25, year agents are leaving or getting fired. These new agents are giving out wrong and misleading information to the people. How do I know this, I have some of my exinsureds calling my house telling me. I can go on,& on about this company. Ask your local State Farm agent how many agents are getting fired in State Farm or how many are leaving and see what he tells you about State Farm. They are not a stock company so they are not concerned about the stock price like Allstate. Ed Liddy ex CEO was to get a 12 million bonus if the stock hit 60 one year. Do your own investigation and see for yourself maybe you can inform somebody else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

insurance in New Port Richey, Florida

84 months ago

I LOVE IT!!!! YOU are sooooooooooooo correct on this! Allstate is ALL about FINANCIALS. I lost all commissions because I did not produce 2 financials a month while others in the office make my commissions and dont have to do anyting for financials. Great posting!! The agent is actually doing interviews & accepting resume's right in front of me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KK in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

though I can sympathize with the first two comments, this position is not a sales position, it is a claims position. THere is no commission involved; straight salary and benefits and as long as the company exists which looks like it will for a long time, so will claims being reported.

Until you meet the people you will be working with and immediate environment around you, I would say it is at least worth an interview to see for yourself. As for being an agent....I would heed the advise above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

KatHatesAllstate in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

ex allstate of 20yrs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: These new agents are giving out wrong and misleading information to the people.

I can definitely attest to this. I personally am spreading the word to as many people as possible to STAY AWAY from Allstate. I'm not delusional enough to think that I alone can cause their demise but with the internet and word of mouth, anything is possible. More and more people are voicing their complaints.

www.myspace.com/girlundercover

www.myspace.com/allstatevictim

www.kathatesallstate.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

LJ in Columbus, Georgia

83 months ago

Don't kid yourselves...I worked for State Farm for several years...loved it the first few years, and then the financial services came into it. State Farm puts life insurance & financial services FIRST. They like to talk about excellent customer service, but the fact of the matter is, it's all about financial services now. Really a shame b/c used to LOVE working there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Benjamin Frankin in Winfield, Illinois

78 months ago

Allstate is ramping up for a major IT lay-off due to Allstate's new strategy of 80/20. 80% of the technology projects will be placed on-hold or cut while the 20% of project are slated for roll-out. Therefore a major lay-off or what Allstate calls a BTO (buyout) will take place in Oct08.

I just left Allstate due to their lack of decision-making capabilities; their greediness; treating their employees like their Katrina customers and beware of "Inclusion."

Inclusion is a program that engages employees to be a part of the Allstate environment and for their voices to be heard. This is crap, I just got fired for voicing my opinion via the inclusion process.

Inclusion = Exclusion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Naperville, Illinois

65 months ago

Benjamin Frankin in Winfield, Illinois said: Allstate is ramping up for a major IT lay-off due to Allstate's new strategy of 80/20. 80% of the technology projects will be placed on-hold or cut while the 20% of project are slated for roll-out. Therefore a major lay-off or what Allstate calls a BTO (buyout) will take place in Oct08.

I just left Allstate due to their lack of decision-making capabilities; their greediness; treating their employees like their Katrina customers and beware of "Inclusion."

Inclusion is a program that engages employees to be a part of the Allstate environment and for their voices to be heard. This is crap, I just got fired for voicing my opinion via the inclusion process.

Inclusion = Exclusion

Inclusion = Being blackballed if they don't like or agree with your opinion(s). Don't ever DARE be critical of them or you will not get anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave the Insurance Guy in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

They are having a tough time keeping their long-time agents happy, which is always a big problem. there is some good discussion of this at www.insurance-forums.net in the general insurance agent section

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.