How to get a job at Allstate.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at Allstate? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

m in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

try going to a career fair...they do a lot of onsite hiring at those.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunshine11 in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Allstate? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Go to their web site and search for jobs in your area. They are looking for good people skills - preferably a customer service background and someone who can multi-task and manage stress. They want people who can follow rules and structure but also can think independently. If it sounds like a tightrope, I think it is - they are very specific in what they are looking for. But its not impossible - just be focused on being customer service oriented and being fair minded. they don't want someone who is going to be a hothead and anger customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Once you've applied for one position with Allstate (linking/attaching resumes and covers) through "Taleo" and
then go to apply for a second position....
Is it OK to delete 1 or more of the attachments to make room for the Cover Letter for the second position.

Meaning, when you submit your on-line application for 1 job, does the relevant cover remain linked and available, though you have deleted it from your overall Allstate account?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Drunk Vegan in Cheyenne, Wyoming

28 months ago

Show up to the interview. Bring a pen. Smile. Avoid letting them know you have any related experience that would lead them to believe you'll be expecting a reasonable wage.

You're in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ecserna in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

I applied for a few positions at Allstate. When I look at the status on my job submission. It says completed. Can anyone tell me what that means? Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.