What's the company culture at ALLTEL?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at ALLTEL?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at ALLTEL?

Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Gregory, Arkansas

87 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at ALLTEL?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

When I had second interview with Alltel, my impression is that the company culture is young (or at least below 40). Although, my interview went extremely well, I was not accepted for the Process Development Consultant position in Little Rock. I was told that a better candidate was selected; however, during my interview I was told that my only competition did not arrive for the interview. Also, the position advertised for a potential Black Belt oppurtunity, of which I have already obtained. Sure, it sounds like I'm bickering, but I feel I was not hired because I do not look like "Chad".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lanayne in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at ALLTEL?

Casual...the attituded is OK, but be prepared for a clique environment...lots of uncertainty from the management team. Management is uneducated and not very professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reese in Pensacola, Florida

85 months ago

Hi there, I met <Edited by Host: Name Removed> who is a HR Generalist II, at a job fair in my area. Alltel is hiring at their retail stores and I let her know I applied, gave her a call this past Friday and about 2 hours later I had a manager call me from a store about 10 minutes from my house to arranged an interview with me. "What's you point?" I am wondering what exctly are they looking for in this interview and what are some good points to know about. My interview is Tuesday, Sept. 18th, at 11:30,,,,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shaun williams in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

I have sent in my resume and have never heard back from anyone, very unprofessional and leaves me unimpressed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NV in Queen Creek, Arizona

85 months ago

You know what, I have applied for altell and failed the 105 question test. The only reason I got that far in the process was because I knew someone in there that spoke to a recruiter about me. GOODLUCK. Try Verizon wireless. Very good place to work I hear I'm in the process now to work for them but unfortunately I have no luck here in Arizona.....maybe because my background is in the medical field. well good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary white in Aurora, Colorado

74 months ago

I worked for Alltel for almost a year in the Phoenix call center, till I moved back to Europe. I had the best boss and co workers anyone can imagine. When I first got to Alltel I was not sure that this was the company for me. But after going through training and learning more about the company they really impressed me. And it is hard to impress me. I learned that for Alltel the employee comes first. They have wonderful benefits. The people that work at the Phoenix call center are incredibly warm hearted and ready to help when ever you need. I worked in Technical support and we told our boss that sales should not be part of our job and a week later he announced that we no longer will be selling over the phone. This company really amazed me, I'm a single Mom so it was hard for me to be in 2 places at the same time when my kids got sick and the company worked with me so I can make up my hours not to get too many absences. I would have a million ways of telling you how much good Alltel has done for me and how they raised money to help out employees in need, but my comment is getting too long. They do have lots of get togethers, the company often time cooks for you and arranges kareoke. It is business casual. Very awsome company. Thanks for reading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jack sumner in Chandler, Arizona

69 months ago

I have worked at many call centers and ALLTEL is NOT one of the better ones.I dont know if SHIRLEY in Edwardsville, Illinois, has worked for ALLTEL, but she is not far off in her comments. ALLTEL does not give CONSECUTIVE days off (except to the VERY select few).YOU WILL be working EVERY sat /and OR sun in your first year.The performance standards are rather high(each call can last "x" minutes".Pay of $13 per hour might "seem" high but after 6 months you can see that it is the company that "gets DOUBLE their "money's worth" and the BEST of you" and you feel that you SHOULD be paid $25 per hour given all the "hoops" they ask you to jump thru.I lasted 6 months before quiting ALLTEL and moving to a call center that pays EXACTLY the same $13 per hr., but a MUCH LESS stressful environment AND THREE consecutive days OFF a WEEK!!
In the words of shirley, "RUN FROM ALLTEL!! YOU CAN DO BETTER!!"

Rach T in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

shaun williams in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have sent in my resume and have never heard back from anyone, very unprofessional and leaves me unimpressed.

If you don't hear back from an employer, that generally means THEY weren't that impressed with YOU. Perhaps the feeling is mutual.

Rach T in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

I'm interested in working for Alltel, but I never have. I'm getting the impression, though, that the huge contrast in opinions about Alltel is probably due to different working conditions at different Alltel centers.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.